Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Toadster_dup1 got a ticket last night - idiot cop! - 04/08/06 06:06 PM
so - here's the story... last night, dark and stormy... raining pretty decently.

I'm in NorCal...

i'm driving to meet my G/F and i'm doing about 5 under the speed limit (40 in a 45 zone) because i'm talking to her on the cellphone and i generally reduce speed while multitasking... I'm noticing a newer nissan maxima behind me, following VERY closely - so obviously i'm a bit concerned because of the bad weather...

i see a bit of construction up ahead, and given the weather - i just sustain my speed, the roadcrew is cleaning up but cones are still blocking the slow lane so i meander over to the fast lane to bypass traffic...

the maxima increases speed (really fast) to pass me in the slow lane and nearly hits my car by avoiding the cones, he never gets past me but he's driving VERY erratically so i just pull away once i'm out of the construction area and get to the next light...

at the light, i'm still in the fast lane - there's a car next to me, and the maxima is in a new slow lane (2-3 lane increase)... i sat there for a few seconds to let the idiot driver go ahead, but he sits there too - so i'm like and i keep driving, he follow suit

as i'm driving the next 2 miles, this maxima is RIDING MY ASS! if i slowed down, he would hit me, and at this point - i'm just freaked out so i'm not pulling over (there have been people getting smacked around lately in vehicle incidents)... so i figure i have to lose this guy and there are no other cars around, so i accellerate to get out of his way and moved back into the slow lane so he could pass me - and voila - he pulls into the slow lane and flips on his lights!

so i pull over and he comes up saying "you're showing excessive speed, and it's raining outside" - i told him flat out, "why are you following me so closely, i couldn't even see your headlights you were so close - you scared the [censored] out of me!"

license - registration, blah blah... he writes me up for 65 in a 45
22350CVC - Basic Speed Law (infraction)

as he's leaving, he states "make better choices driving on a rainy night"

i'm assumming i'm going to fight this ticket, but believe it or not - THIS IS MY FIRST TICKET IN 18 YEARS OF DRIVING!!!

cliff notes: [censored] cop plays cat & mouse with me, then nails me with a speeding ticket!
that is [censored]!
Posted By: MxRacer Re: got a ticket last night - idiot cop! - 04/08/06 06:30 PM
from what i've heard, if he follows you for over a mile, it's entrapment (though that may just be an urban myth). i'd get a lawyer!!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: got a ticket last night - idiot cop! - 04/08/06 07:50 PM
That's BS!! Man I'd be pissed too! But I feel for ya, I just got pulled over this morning for window tint. It must have been pretty important since he did probably 90mph+ in a 45mph zone to get on my ass. Then waits for me to get onto the highway, and then pulls me over.

Mark
Posted By: GilNewball Re: got a ticket last night - idiot cop! - 04/08/06 08:00 PM
As Richard Branson said, "Sue the bastards!"

That is definitely entrapment. You were BELOW the speed limit! If I were you, I'd fight it in court!
Originally posted by Toadster:

Iam a law enforcement officer in Florida and can only give you some ideas, Im sure that some of the laws are different. First, if he gave you a speeding ticket did he use radar,laser or pace you. In Florida or at least my county of employment, the patrol vehicle or unmarked vehicle's speedometer has to be calibrated "certified" as accurate every 4 months. If i pull someone over by pacing and the speedometer is not certified, the ticket gets thrown out. If he paced you, see if his department has anytype of rules or laws regarding that. Also if you contest the ticket with an attorney, have the attorney contact the officer to see if he (the officer) is willing to with hold adjudication. what that means is pay the fine but withhold the points and driving school. I hope that this info is of some help.

Although one has to look at the whole picture and we dont know what the officer's perception of things were, based on the information you gave us, I feel the citation was not appropriate. keep us updated.

good luck,
Suriel
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: got a ticket last night - idiot cop! - 04/08/06 08:34 PM
That is crazy. I had the same thing happen to me. Good luck with fighting your ticket .

Aaron
Originally posted by carrot_top:

Iam a law enforcement officer in Florida and can only give you some ideas, Im sure that some of the laws are different. First, if he gave you a speeding ticket did he use radar,laser or pace you. In Florida or at least my county of employment, the patrol vehicle or unmarked vehicle's speedometer has to be calibrated "certified" as accurate every 4 months. If i pull someone over by pacing and the speedometer is not certified, the ticket gets thrown out. If he paced you, see if his department has anytype of rules or laws regarding that. Also if you contest the ticket with an attorney, have the attorney contact the officer to see if he (the officer) is willing to with hold adjudication. what that means is pay the fine but withhold the points and driving school. I hope that this info is of some help.

Although one has to look at the whole picture and we dont know what the officer's perception of things were, based on the information you gave us, I feel the citation was not appropriate. keep us updated.

good luck,
Suriel

he was 'pacing me' it states NO RADAR on the ticket, it's a newer maxima, but it had a lightbar inside
Next time slam on the f-ing brakes let him hit you and have him get a ticket for following to close in bad weather.

Sorry to hear this todd, but i would fight it.
Posted By: Harrry Re: got a ticket last night - idiot cop! - 04/08/06 09:36 PM
Fight this, i agree it's bull.

Most judges who see that you have not gotten any tickets in years will rule in ur favor. i have seen it many times before. It will be cleared. No worries for you!!! Just fight it.

Some cops are nice others are pieces of [censored]!!!
Your next step should be to look into what the policy is regarding pacing. Also what agency was it and was the citation issued in their jurisdiction.

I hope that this information could be of some help and my intentions are not to provide false hope.

Cheers,
Suriel
Your next step should be to look into what the policy is regarding pacing. Also what agency was it and was the citation issued in their jurisdiction.

I hope that this information could be of some help and my intentions are not to provide false hope.

Cheers,
Suriel

your help is much appreciated
Just wondering, was he wearing a uniform and what agency was it?
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: got a ticket last night - idiot cop! - 04/08/06 10:16 PM
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-VIII:
Next time slam on the f-ing brakes let him hit you and have him get a ticket for following to close in bad weather.

I tried that, let me tell you the officer does not take that lightly.

Aaron
Just wondering, was he wearing a uniform and what agency was it?

he was wearing a blue t-shirt with a 'sheriff' patch on the left shoulder and a dog-tag like chain holding his badge around his neck...

the ticket is from the County of Sacramento Sheriff's Dept... he got me in Folsom (which I believe is under Folsom Police Jurisdiction)

at first glance in my sideview mirror when he approached the car, i thought he was a gang member coming to kick my a$$
Sheriff's departments have jurisdiction through out the county. Hopefully the agency has sometype of policy regarding pacing. I hope that it all works out in your favor. If i can be of any other help, please let me know.

Cheers,
Suriel
Posted By: excel4600c Re: got a ticket last night - idiot cop! - 04/09/06 12:06 AM

Yeah this is what i would have done. F*King Cops. I hate them. Sorry if your cop in here but i havent had to much luck with cops though. but judges i like especailly traffic judges $475 ticket reduced to $90 holy sh*t . (U.S military uniform in court works wonders )
Originally posted by excel4600c:

Yeah this is what i would have done. F*King Cops. I hate them.

(U.S military uniform in court works wonders )

but when you need help you will be the first one to call. you should be ashamed of your self to wear a US military uniform and feel the way you do towards the law, especialy when so many of your brothers and sisters are dying everyday. im sure that one day when you get more maturity in you, you will realize that if you have bad encounters with the law, more likely than not, you put your self in that situation. Also remember that it takes a certain type of person to run into the face of danger and resolve the problem then go home and hug their children.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: got a ticket last night - idiot cop! - 04/09/06 01:29 AM
Sheriff's departments have jurisdiction through out the county. Hopefully the agency has sometype of policy regarding pacing. I hope that it all works out in your favor. If i can be of any other help, please let me know.

Cheers,
Suriel

thats what i was thinking. i was wondering if Folsom is in Sac county? or vice versa? sorry, dont know norcal. although i highly doubt a sheriff would give a ticket outside of his jurisdiction/county. sounds like he is some kind of metro/narc cop. no uniform, badge around neck/on a chain. unusual car with hidden lights. while im sure its well within his powers to give out traffic tickets im sure it is uncommon to. sounds like this tool was f*cking with you. maybe thought you were a gangbanger/drug dealer/punk. (i have no idea what you look like). i was pulled over once by lapd metro. they were total dicks and threatened to have my truck impounded yada yada yada but then just let me go. mind you, i hadnt broken any traffic laws. they said they pulled me over because i had my college parking pass hanging from my rear view mirror and thats a violation for safety reasons. i guess when they realized i was just some regular 18 year old kid they let me go. they were driving an unmarked car and wore regular clothes.

i hope you can successfully fight this. your driving record is irrelevant because its your word against his. if he says he was not following dangerously etc...(lying) and that YOU were driving dangerously....

it all depends on what result you want? in and out cheap? pay ticket, driving school, done with it? principal? seek legal counsel to see if there at least is any chance. either way you go, i would definitely call the station and speak with his supervisor/captain (whatever). that just sounds like bullsh*t to me and Id be pissed as hell too!

Yeah this is what i would have done. F*King Cops. I hate them. Sorry if your cop in here but i havent had to much luck with cops though. but judges i like especailly traffic judges $475 ticket reduced to $90 holy sh*t . (U.S military uniform in court works wonders )

HAHAHA....i love when i hear people say they hate cops. that [censored] great. dont go cryin when ya need them though

sorry to hear about your incident man, that does suck and had the same thing happen to me with an undercover gmc jimmy. goodluck with it.

hershy
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: got a ticket last night - idiot cop! - 04/09/06 02:43 AM
Originally posted by svtIVstv:
either way you go, i would definitely call the station and speak with his supervisor/captain (whatever).

Ding, ding.
That's the first call I would make. I'd ask their policy on "pacing" and then explain the situation to the supervisor/chief.
Hopefully the citation will be taken care of and you won't have to go any further than the supervisor/chief.

Good luck!
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: got a ticket last night - idiot cop! - 04/09/06 02:55 AM
Lately here in jax, we've had problems with people impersonating officers in unmarked vehicles. I would have no even pulled over until i was in a populated area/parking lot, and called your local PD to find out some info on the impending situation.

I also think your record, or lack there of for that matter, will help you in your situation since he didnt use laser or radar in his attempt to make his case.

im not a policia, just a lowly fire academy member, but ive experienced some situations like yours before.

hopefully things work out in your favor... keep us posted.
Posted By: excel4600c Re: got a ticket last night - idiot cop! - 04/09/06 07:56 AM

Yeah this is what i would have done. F*King Cops. I hate them.

(U.S military uniform in court works wonders )

but when you need help you will be the first one to call. you should be ashamed of your self to wear a US military uniform and feel the way you do towards the law, especialy when so many of your brothers and sisters are dying everyday. im sure that one day when you get more maturity in you, you will realize that if you have bad encounters with the law, more likely than not, you put your self in that situation. Also remember that it takes a certain type of person to run into the face of danger and resolve the problem then go home and hug their children.

1st off. ive never needed the cops or needed to call them about anything
And what does hating the cops and serving my country have to do with anything( and there are some cops that are cool but as with any job there are going to be the A$$ holes). They stay over hear where its safe while me and my follow military members go and fight in countries where the people cut your head off while your still alive or burn your body and hang you from a bridge. Oh and if you had cops pull you over cause you have the money to fix up a car or drove a nicer car than they did you would probably not like them either. Oh most of the time i get pulled over is because the cops are bored or just did it to pis you off thats Y most of my tickets have been thrown out or reduced by more than half.

Posted By: bigworm Re: got a ticket last night - idiot cop! - 04/09/06 08:17 AM

yeah right im a dispatcher and i dispatch to ALOT of police departments it takes most responding agencies forever to get anywhere even on a slow night ... the reason people call on cops is because its illegal to take the law into your own hands that right there accounts for 50 percent of the reasons why people call responding agencies ... if i could kill the stalker that stalks my girlfriend or put him in a nice dark hole for a while i would... if it was legal.. but its not so i have to call the cops and wait 3 hours for them to come out and do a report.. or if i get in a accident wait 2 hrs for them to come.... or if someone was trying to break into my house wait 45 mins for them to come... i speak from experience so dont give me any bs.... and now the chief of pd said they will not respond to commercial alarms because it takes away too much time to do anything else... like what eat donuts or protect upper class hoods? i have nothing but respect for soldiers of the US nothing of what i say is related to war just cops ...i will admit there some ok cops there but not enought... ive never had a problem with a judge ... if i was you id fight that ticket man ... cops always want respect but majority dont want to give it i always try to be respectfull around pd officers but the majority cross the line.. what about the cops who beat on that hispanic man about a year ago because he was speeding.. cuffed him and beat him on the ground and sprayed mace in his face on the ground ... to have the guy in ic in a hospital for a ticket ? what about rodney king and that dude who got shot like 40 times in the east somewhere for taking out his wallet... everyday americans lose more civil liberties but many dont realize it and those that do cant really do much because the majority dont get whats going on... about a month or 2 ago a cop tried to give me a ticket for parking next to a fire hydrant.... thats on the curb... about 10 ft away from my driveway .... the law here says parking next to a hydrant thats on a curb up to 15 ft away is a ticket how am i parked on the curb to the hydrant when im in my driveway i just looked at him like i knew he was stupid.. ive been parking in my driveway for years i got in my car and started it and drove off...
Posted By: bradSVT Re: got a ticket last night - idiot cop! - 04/09/06 08:18 AM
Sorry about the ticket Toadster.

There are ways out of it though. Go read through this site and see what you think. Many of my friends have used it, all in NorCal and have gotten out of speeding tickets and other types. I highly recommend this site. I was going to write a post about how much this site informs you of stuff you didn�t know about the laws. It also has template things to find out the best way to get out of your ticket.

Check it out:

www.TicketAssassin.com

Let me know what you think.
Posted By: 98SVTC Re: got a ticket last night - idiot cop! - 04/11/06 12:03 AM
Cheers,
Suriel

I would think it would be more like tail gaiting or recklous endangerment. Of course he probably got cheesed off when he was cut off at that construction site.
Karl
Originally posted by bradSVT:

Check it out:

www.TicketAssassin.com

thanks! that's a great site!
Posted By: bradSVT Re: got a ticket last night - idiot cop! - 04/11/06 04:38 AM
Originally posted by bradSVT:

Check it out:

www.TicketAssassin.com

thanks! that's a great site!

No problem. It has worked wonders for many.
I had a similar situation in farmington and i have alot of tickts mostely tint tickets , and i got off becuase he had nothing to prove other than i had acelerated over the speed limit for like 10 seconds to get into the next lane. but farmington dosent car about the points, they just want the money , thats all they just want MONEY MONEY MONEY.not like farmington dosent have any money, they made 27,000$ on that click it or ticket month.