Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: ODC Tea or Coffee - 02/20/06 10:35 PM

Tea or Coffee
Tea
Coffee

What's your preference ?

Personally I'd rather drink tea, and I prefer green tea and not black tea. I drink coffee now and then but I get headaches if I drink more than two-three cups.
Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/20/06 10:48 PM
Coffee for teh win.
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/20/06 10:52 PM
Coffee with Baileys.
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/20/06 10:52 PM
Have you tried white tea? The type of tea I drink depends on the time of day. I like black tea with honey and milk in the AM and a lighter tea, green or white later in the day. Always with honey. I probably have about 15 different kinds right now.

Do you do loose tea or in bags?
Posted By: jlanger_dup1 Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/20/06 10:55 PM
I drink coffee in the morning, usually but I do prefer tea, I just like the ease factor of coffee compared with making good loose leaf tea.
Posted By: m!key Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/20/06 10:58 PM
coffee 90% pakistani chai 10%
Posted By: kipsvt98 Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/20/06 11:21 PM
Never acquired a taste for coffee, but I drink Green Tea all the time and it's good for you.
Posted By: JaTo_dup1 Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/20/06 11:21 PM
You need a button for both.

I love loose-leaf Japanese green tea/white tea and honey; Gyokuro is what I usually get followed by Jasmine if it's not overly "perfumy". Oolongs are what I get in the white variety and drink during the day...

There's some local clover-leaf honey companies in CO and NM that have KILLER honey (I'll have to get names later because I can't remember them right now). Suffice to say that their $3-4 bottle honey is better than some of the high-dollar Hawaiian white honey and other "gourmet" honeys out there that you would pay double to triple for...

As for coffee, I'm pretty much stuck on Costa Rican beans. Tarrazu region coffee beans are quite simply my favorite; the flavor just rocks and I've never had an upset stomach with it. For expresso I've tried a number of blends, but nothing has been able to beat Italian Lavazza. Their standard brand espresso bean coupled with a good espresso machine has been my favorite for a while. Their more expensive beans are just that to my taste buds; I can't tell much of a difference between their standard fare and their supposed "top shelf" beans...

I'm certainly no expert on either, but I've drank enough of each to know what I like and what I don't like.

Posted By: Beowulf Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/20/06 11:22 PM
Jack Daniels.
Posted By: jtour Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/21/06 12:21 AM
TEA!!!
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/21/06 12:25 AM
I drink coffee more but don't enjoy it like I do tea.

I just drink the coffee for those days when I'm half asleep at work. If I'm at home I drink tea.

So I voted tea.
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/21/06 12:30 AM
Like both, keep both on hand. Usually drink tea at home and coffee elsewhere, due to convenience.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/21/06 12:46 AM
I love coffee.
unfortunately it makes me jittery and upsets my stomache, and a bunch of other crap.
I still drink it now and then cuz I love it.

Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/21/06 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Beowulf:
Jack Daniels.

I see where you're going, and I like where your head's at.
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/21/06 01:13 AM
Originally posted by infuryum:
Originally posted by Beowulf:
Jack Daniels.

I see where you're going, and I like where your head's at.

<3

~Andrew
Posted By: JB1 Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/21/06 01:42 AM
coffee is one of the most vile smelling concoctions i have had the displeasure of tasting. yuck! i never drink coffee. now tea on the other hand...no sugar, no sweetener, flavoring or other crap just straight and plain and ice cold.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/21/06 01:52 AM
If Im ever seen drinking coffee then I had a hell of a time the night before

Wait. Which is never.

I drink iced tea as if it were water in the desert. No interest for hot tea yet.
Posted By: JB1 Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/21/06 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Pre98:

I drink iced tea as if it were water in the desert. No interest for hot tea yet.

i've found that tea helps my acid reflux so it makes up about half of what i drink
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/21/06 02:39 AM
Originally posted by JaTo:
You need a button for both.

Word.
Posted By: rouar Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/21/06 04:11 AM
Neither.

I don't like tea of any kind. Not sure why, it just doesn't feel like liquid when I'm drinking it.

And I've never had coffee.

I'm a soda junkie though, does that count?
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/21/06 04:13 AM
Coffee man. I like it black, and I like it strong. I believe Dr. Kelso (from Scrubs) made a similar statement.

Originally posted by JB1:
I've found that tea helps my acid reflux so it makes up about half of what i drink

If it's caffeinated it's merely lowering the pH of your stomach but not helping the cause. Caffeine relaxes the sphincter that holds the contents of your stomach...in your stomach.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/21/06 04:14 AM
Sweet tea

Only time I ever drank coffee and sorta liked it was when I was really drunk and trying to sober up. I do like some coffee type drinks.
Posted By: gearhead_dup1 Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/21/06 04:21 AM
Tea...hot in the morning, iced the rest of the day. Good ol' Lipton, I don't go for herbal or any other "fru-fru" teas.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/21/06 04:41 AM
green tea here. i can't stand coffee. sad since we have a sweet cappuchino maker too.
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/21/06 05:15 AM
I like sweet tea.

I'm the weirdo from the north that ordered tea in South Carolina... AND LIKED IT!

Oh, Kuwaitis like REALLY sweet tea too... mmm... best I had was in Camp Victory... I would drink huge cups of it with every meal!

Back when I was a kid, my mom would make sun tea a lot. I would put so much sugar in there that there was at least 3/8" at the bottom (of a normal glass that is...)

Same way with coffee. But I can't stand it unless it's got tons of milk/creamer and my dose of sugar. Probly why I like Mocha Frappuccinos.
Posted By: chemguru_dup1 Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/21/06 05:20 AM
Sweet ICED Tea. Period. It better be sweeter than honey, and thicker than tar. =]
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/21/06 04:03 PM
Originally posted by MxRacer:
green tea here. i can't stand coffee. sad since we have a sweet cappuchino maker too.

Put loose tea in the cappuchino! AWESOME!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/21/06 05:36 PM
This post needs more Steeda tea bagging.
Posted By: ViggenPower Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/21/06 05:45 PM
Originally posted by todras:
This post needs more Steeda tea bagging.

DAMN YOU. I was going to say the same thing. I can't beleive teabagging didn't come out before this.

-Tim
Posted By: deedum Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/21/06 07:29 PM
A fine cup of Typhoo or some PG Tips
Posted By: ToasterOven Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/21/06 07:58 PM
iced tea, but id rather have a nice vanilla coke or full throttle
Posted By: ODC Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/21/06 08:02 PM
When we refer to tea we're not talking about sugar water (iced tea)
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/21/06 08:10 PM
Originally posted by ODC:

I like it with TONS of sugar... hot or cold!
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/21/06 08:17 PM
Cant stand either, if its anything its Mt. Dew
Posted By: ToasterOven Re: Tea or Coffee - 02/21/06 08:22 PM
Originally posted by ODC:

i guess i dont like either then! cause i dont really even like iced tea.
© CEG Archives