Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Guitarman19853 STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 03:10 AM
WOO!!! STEELERS SUPERBOWL VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 04:06 AM
Yeah!!! Hahaha Steelers are at it again! Champs baby.
Posted By: EuroTour Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 04:20 AM
Yeah.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 04:37 AM
Go Buffalo
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 04:41 AM
Go Patriots!
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 04:41 AM
Bettis Sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He Was Held To Something Like 50 Yds Rushing!!! Good Riddens!!!!

(Dawns Flame Suit With Embroiderd "Steelers Suck")
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 04:45 AM
you know who sucked..Mike Homgren..I really respected that coach untill this superbowl, talk about playing conservativly. HORRIBLE PLAY CALLING IMHO!!
Posted By: MxRacer Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 04:51 AM
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
Bettis Sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no crap. stupid hall of fame running backs.
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 05:07 AM
Originally posted by MxRacer:

Yea Bettis sucks alright ...do your h.w. He's not the starting running back and he was finishing up his career, of course he will not be getting 100yard+ games. Try looking at his all time rushing yards and see who he shares the list with.

And Steelers...yea they suck too. 1,2,3,4,5 championships. Name one team w/ more superbowl wins....oh yea there is none (San Fran, Dallas, Pittsburgh all have 5)
Posted By: Keith W_dup1 Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 05:33 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

This years "team of destiny". Lifelong Steeler fan here, we overcame all and still won it! Running backs, Bettis didn't even play the first few weeks of the season, and when he did he was just short yardage and goaline offense. Staley is out and Parker was it! Ben got hurt in the middle of the season, than Batch, and Maddox sucked. When the Steelers came back like they did in the second half of the season and through the playoffs, it was "Destiny", I never had a doubt.

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!
Posted By: rouar Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 05:45 AM
Yankees suck!
Posted By: mystiquevltwin Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 05:47 AM
w00t!!! Steelers!! w00t!!!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 05:48 AM
Originally posted by 98 SE:
Yankees suck!

x infinity
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 05:58 AM
Originally posted by teamSVTour:

Yea Bettis sucks alright ...do your h.w. He's not the starting running back and he was finishing up his career, of course he will not be getting 100yard+ games. Try looking at his all time rushing yards and see who he shares the list with.

And Steelers...yea they suck too. 1,2,3,4,5 championships. Name one team w/ more superbowl wins....oh yea there is none (San Fran, Dallas, Pittsburgh all have 5)

I Know I Know!!!! The Steelers Are A Great Caliber Team Every Year Damn Near... Im Not Saying They Suck As A Team... Obviously Not With Five Superbowl Titles.

I Have A Problem With One Of The Top Rushers Ever Not Being Played During THE Most Important Game Of His Career. Apparently All That Cash Has Been Keeping Him From Getting Turf Toe Or Some Gay Junk. He Is A Great Running Back And Should've Showed It During His Last Game! That's Playing Conservatively!

I Definitely Would've Liked To Have Seen The Seahawks Play The Whole Game Like They Did During The Few Plays Of Hurry Up Offense That They Got In The Last 2 Minutes. But Perhaps That Conservative Coaching Is What Has Kept The Seahawks Out Of The Superbowl For So Long..

Go Oakland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 06:20 AM
Name one team w/ more superbowl wins....oh yea there is none (San Fran, Dallas, Pittsburgh all have 5)

If there were "Super Bowls" before the 1966 season Green Bay would have won 12 total. Only seven more to go.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 06:24 AM
there was def. poor play calling on seahawks side..8min left in the game.GO FOR 4TH DOWN!!!DONT PUNT!! JESUS!!
Posted By: Tourige Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 06:33 AM
I felt the ref's were one sided (going with the steelers) just something i saw. But what do i know.. i watch CFL.....
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 07:02 AM
Originally posted by 98 SE:
Yankees suck!

you suck, go Redskins
Posted By: SAV Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Tourige:
I felt the ref's were one sided (going with the steelers) just something i saw. But what do i know.. i watch CFL.....

You think?

-SAV
Posted By: Beowulf Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 08:30 AM

You would be right. The refs handed the game to the team that got outplayed.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 12:22 PM

NOOOOOO!!!!

Seattles defence was just really good, they are a superbowl team after all For Bettis to get 50 yrds against that was actually quite good. Seattle was playing HARD in the first half on defense.

Oh, and if anything the Patriots rode in on a bunch of funky calls over the past years, no need to bring up back calls....

And Buffalo???? Bwahahaha I prayed they'd beat the Cowgirls in the superbowl, but after Three straight appearances and Three straight losses....OUCH.
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
you know who sucked..Mike Homgren..I really respected that coach untill this superbowl, talk about playing conservativly. HORRIBLE PLAY CALLING IMHO!!

He did make some pretty bad decisions, especially at the end of the game. There was little hope they were going to come back, but they should have attempted the field goal with the 42 seconds that was left on the clock. Instead, they decided to get a little bit closer and ended up converting but not getting out of bounds. As a result, they had to go for it on 4th down which we all know failed.

I do believe Mike Holmgren is one of the best overall coaches. I mean, hes brought the Packers to two superbowls and has brought the Seahawks to one. Yesterday just wasnt his day.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Beowulf:

Bwahahahah!!! Ahahahaha.

Whatever. Those calls were tough on the Seahawks, but Hey, if they were one sided then that Fumble from the Seahawks quarterback would have been another Steeler Touchdown.

So....Down boys down!!

My Favorite teams:

1.)Pittsburg Steelers
2.)Oakland/L.A. Raiders
3.)Phoenix Cardinals
4.)Buccaneers
4.)Carolina Panthers

Need to see Oakland go to the bowl next, then Phoenix.
I'm sure you all wanted to know that.
Posted By: jtour Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 01:05 PM
I tip my hat to the Steelers!

Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 01:40 PM
Originally posted by hetfield:
Name one team w/ more superbowl wins....oh yea there is none (San Fran, Dallas, Pittsburgh all have 5)

If there were "Super Bowls" before the 1966 season Green Bay would have won 12 total. Only seven more to go.

But there wasn't a Super Bowl back then, so GB has a ways to go. I like that Pittsburgh, for the most part, has always played the same brand of football and has been successful with it. The fact that they have had a total of 2 coaches in franchise history is amazing. Over a 10-15 year period no team was better than the 49ers of the 80s-early 90s. But over the last 35 years, the Steelers have been the most consistent franchise. It's hard to not respect them. All that said, I think Seattle was going against more than just the crowd and the other team.
Posted By: CarpePoon_dup1 Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 03:43 PM
Originally posted by warmonger:
I felt the ref's were one sided (going with the steelers) just something i saw.

Hey, if they were one sided then that Fumble from the Seahawks quarterback would have been another Steeler Touchdown.

Isn't that why they have the challange?? If the replay booth or coach with the red-flag didn't step in your right, it would have been another bad call that led to a steelers touchdown. The refs almost handed them another.
Posted By: SVTNupe_dup1 Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 04:00 PM
I'm going to do some hatin on the Steelers, if they hadn't of put Carlson Palmer out of the Bengals game, they would have lost in the first round.

So I'm a Bengals fan and felt we would have beaten them at home if our "Michael Jordan" wouldn't have been put out in the second play of the game.

I do tip my hat to the Steelers, they won on the road and made it to the super bowl.

Congrats.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 04:09 PM
Carson Palmer what a Joke
Posted By: SVTNupe_dup1 Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 04:23 PM
Yeah, 3800 yards passing and 32 TDs. Whata joke.

4th best passer in the league. Number 2 rated QB.
Posted By: Apu Nahasapeemapetil Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 04:56 PM
So who won?
Posted By: SVTNupe_dup1 Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/06/06 05:00 PM
Between the two QBs? Palmer obviously. He had better stats.
Posted By: excel4600c Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/07/06 12:44 AM
That was the worst and most boring Superbowl ive ever seen .

Half time show = GAY .

but Good for the STEELERS ( i knew they would win it )
Posted By: G Stone Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/07/06 12:48 AM
Originally posted by MxRacer:

Its people like you who will look at Marshall Faulk and say wow, he only gained this many yards last year and people want him the HOF, get real! There is a much bigger picture to look at before you make an irrational statement like that.
Posted By: zgendron_dup1 Patriots Still Own All! :) - 02/07/06 02:25 AM
Noboday says it better than Bill Simmons:

"Tonight's celebrity coin tosser: The Football Jesus himself, Tom Brady. See, you can't have a Super Bowl without Belichick and Brady. Seattle calls tails, the toss is tails and they WILL receive - Brady even owns Pittsburgh in the coin toss."
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Patriots Still Own All! :) - 02/07/06 03:54 AM
Originally posted by zgendron:
Noboday says it better than Bill Simmons:

"Tonight's celebrity coin tosser: The Football Jesus himself, Tom Brady. See, you can't have a Super Bowl without Belichick and Brady. Seattle calls tails, the toss is tails and they WILL receive - Brady even owns Pittsburgh in the coin toss."

cant wait till redsox season
Posted By: foldthecorners Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/07/06 07:09 AM
Well.. after reading some of the posts up there from the ones that seem to not know football at all I decided I'd bring up some points about the reactions..

First of all, to that Bengals fan.. Palmer is one man. A team does not rely on one man to win football games.

..One guy said something about the bus not having a good game and should have done more.. Yeah, sure it would have been nice if he had a TD or maybe a few more yards. But, the Steelers game plan was to WIN the game.. not to try and get Bettis the MVP or juice up his stats. The Seahawks did a good job of holding Bettis back, so the steelers took him out and went with Parker who was able to come up with that 75 yarder. In a game like that, it's about winning the game and doing what works as opposed to letting one man get the spotlight.

I read something up there about the refs and their role in the game? The Steelers overcame a few bad calls in the Colts' game and were STILL able to win the game. That's what good teams do.. When something on the field doesn't go their way, they should still be able suck it up, keep their composure and try to make a big play to make up for it. Besides that, Everything that I saw the refs call, I saw happen on the field.

If you watched the Steelers in the playoffs, you'd have seen maybe a bit more clearly that they are very much deserving of the ultimate prize and they worked their asses off to get it.

What a great season. Go Steelers.
Posted By: SVTNupe_dup1 Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/07/06 02:13 PM
Originally posted by foldthecorners:

First of all, to that Bengals fan.. Palmer is one man. A team does not rely on one man to win football games.

This one man is the nucleus of the offense. The one man who has taken the majority of the snaps the entire season. The one man who runs the offense. Take any star QB out of the start of a game and the chances of that team winning are slim. Steelers fans said the same thing about Ben not being 100% against the Colts the first time they played and the reason for their loss.

No team relys on one man to WIN the game but there sure are plenty of teams who build around one man.
Posted By: Davo Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/07/06 02:40 PM

Oh snap! You're going to get mobbed by the guys who think Tom Brady single-handedly won three Super Bowls for the Patriots, and there are quite a few here.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/07/06 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Davo:

Oh snap! You're going to get mobbed by the guys who think Tom Brady single-handedly won three Super Bowls for the Patriots, and there are quite a few here.

True Pats fans know that they call it a football team for a reason...
Posted By: Davo Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/07/06 02:46 PM
The true Patriots fans aren't the ones that think Tom Brady single-handedly wins Super Bowls. It's some of the guys from Michigan who feel it necessary to jock him because he played for the Wolverines.
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/07/06 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Davo:
The true Patriots fans aren't the ones that think Tom Brady single-handedly wins Super Bowls. It's some of the guys from Michigan who feel it necessary to jock him because he played for the Wolverines.

Right...
Posted By: Beowulf Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/07/06 09:59 PM

I read something up there about the refs and their role in the game? The Steelers overcame a few bad calls in the Colts' game and were STILL able to win the game. That's what good teams do.. When something on the field doesn't go their way, they should still be able suck it up, keep their composure and try to make a big play to make up for it. Besides that, Everything that I saw the refs call, I saw happen on the field.

You are as blind as they are. It was not a few calls, it was MANY calls including ball calls on the Rothlisburger TD, the two TDs that Darrell Jackson should have had and so on.

That is a 21 point difference in points. Not to mention the non-hold our O-lineman was called for that brought back a reception on the Stealer's 1, Matt hasselbeck being called for an ILLEGAL BLOCK when he was MAKING A TACKLE, and the list goes on and on.

The Steelers are not Superbowl champs.

Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/07/06 10:03 PM

i know of a trophey that says otherwise

~Andrew
Posted By: MxRacer Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/07/06 10:04 PM

You are as blind as they are. It was not a few calls, it was MANY calls including ball calls on the Rothlisburger TD, the two TDs that Darrell Jackson should have had and so on.

That is a 21 point difference in points. Not to mention the non-hold our O-lineman was called for that brought back a reception on the Stealer's 1, Matt hasselbeck being called for an ILLEGAL BLOCK when he was MAKING A TACKLE, and the list goes on and on.

wahhhhh.

btw, it's not a 21 point difference in points. they did score field goals right?

and you think jackson wasn't pushing off?

btw, your coach is a real class act.
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/07/06 10:08 PM

Unfortunately for Seattle fans, they absolutely are. The push off on D. Jackson was the right call based on watching it at game speed. The replay showed that it was not a forceful pushoff, but at full speed after watching a few more replays, I don't have a particular problem with it. It's purely a judgement call and a good acting job by the Steelers defensive back. I have no problem with this one.

The holding call was not a good call, but whenever an o-lineman gets his hands up above the shoulder, it WILL get called as holding. He knew better.

With the other D. Jackson potential TD, are you referring to the one on the sideline that he was called out of bounds on? If so, what was your beef? I was very curious about one aspect of that play, but found some clarity in the rules that made it obvious it wasn't a TD.

The odd blocking/tackling call on the INT return is beyond me.

The Stevens incomplete pass call was perhaps the worst of the game. Who's to say they wouldn't have recovered that fumble and scored a TD had it been properly called?

Seattle's lack of clock management skills was their downfall regardless of what calls the received.

Like I said, I didn't have muhc of a rooting interest either way and found some of the calls very odd, but Seattle screwed up enough things to not blame an official.
Posted By: bigMoneyRacing_dup1 Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/07/06 10:32 PM
Matt hasselbeck being called for an ILLEGAL BLOCK when he was MAKING A TACKLE

At least he MADE the tackle! Where was Hasselbeck when Willie Parker torched the Seachokes for 75 yards?
Posted By: Beowulf Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/07/06 10:52 PM
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:
Matt hasselbeck being called for an ILLEGAL BLOCK when he was MAKING A TACKLE

At least he MADE the tackle! Where was Hasselbeck when Willie Parker torched the Seachokes for 75 yards?

Hasselbeck doesnt play defense. he was on the sideline wishing he could have made an illegal block.
Posted By: Joey_dup1 Re: STEELERS!!!!!!! - 02/07/06 11:56 PM

[henrietta pussycat voice] Meow Meow Steelers not the meow meow champs. [/henrietta pussycat voice]

Dude...pass the pipe. Catch some balls instead of dropping them...keep your feet in bounds and maybe, just maybe your team will win one sometime.

And it was one touchdown with a push off, not two. Read the rules of football and we can debate it. Last time I checked, both feet need to be in bounds.

© CEG Archives