Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: EuroTour HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/01/05 07:48 PM
They had me worried, but they pulled it out. GO BLUE!
Woo hoo. Louisville won today too so im happy.
Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/02/05 11:30 PM

GO DOMERS!!!

IRIIIIIIIIIISSSSHHHHHH!!!
Posted By: MxRacer Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/03/05 01:17 PM
Originally posted by The EuroTour:
They had me worried, but they pulled it out. GO BLUE!

i don't know what's worse, us losing, or having to put up with my boss' gloating for the next week or so! stupid ex-wolverine football players.

Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/03/05 01:32 PM
Posted By: MxRacer Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/03/05 01:33 PM
what exactly is a "nittany"?
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:

x2
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/03/05 01:36 PM
Nittany is the name of a local mountain. Mount Nittany used to have mountian lions on it back when this was "The Farmer's High School", so our mascot was chosen as such.

More info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nittany_Lion
Posted By: MxRacer Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/03/05 01:45 PM
Nittany is the name of a local mountain. Mount Nittany used to have mountian lions on it back when this was "The Farmer's High School", so our mascot was chosen as such.

More info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nittany_Lion

very cool. my wife, who's from Pittsburgh, couldn't answer that question for me. But then again, she went to Duquesne.
Posted By: Davo Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/03/05 01:46 PM
That PSU bandwagon is probably pretty rusty. As soon as you get that nice and oiled up they're going to lose to Indiana or Northwestern or something.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/03/05 01:57 PM
We don't play Indiana, and we whooped Northwestern last weekend. Way to keep up, Davo.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/03/05 02:03 PM
"I have no excuse fro the way I played today." John Goss Junior kicker (MSU)

"Goss who came into the game 2 for 3 on field goals with the only miss being a 53 yarder at Notre Dame, missed a 23 yard try wide left early in the 4th quarter and then missed a 37 yard wide right in overtime.

U-M kicker Garret Rivas missed a 27 yard field goal with 48 seconds to play in regulation. "

Nerves must've just been nuts for these guys.

John Goss is in one of my classes tomorrow....
Posted By: Davo Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/03/05 02:05 PM
I think you get my point though. PSU has at least 4 losses on their schedule. I'll check back with you at the end of the season and see if you're still posting Nittany Lions graphics on here.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/03/05 02:19 PM
I will ALWAYS post PSU stuff, win or lose. I rooted all last season through the bad games. And seriously, 4 losses? I don't think so. I'm betting on a 9-2 season.
Posted By: Davo Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/03/05 02:33 PM
4 losses:
* Ohio State
* Michigan
* Wisconsin
* Ohio State

Every year the Big Ten has a team or two that go undefeated a little deeper into the season than they should, and then completely collapse. Last year it was the Badgers, this year it's Penn State (and probably Wisconsin again, though they look pretty good). Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with being proud of your team, but just don't be disappointed when everything comes crumbling down for them.
Posted By: Stazi Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/03/05 02:39 PM
Go Blue!

I almost dided when Rivas missed the field goal but luckily they pulled it out of there asses. I always shake my head when Coach Carr tries to wind down the time with less than a converted touchdown under his belt - it ALWAYS comes back to bite him and it almost did this time.

I can't believe tha t MI isn't even ranked - that's a shocker, but nonetheless, understandable. Rankings should be abolished anyway as they prevent the REAL "best teams" form playing for the Championship as the final game is always decided prioir to the end of the season which is totally gay.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/03/05 02:41 PM
welcome back, stazi. congrats!
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/04/05 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Davo:
4 losses:
* Ohio State
* Michigan
* Wisconsin
* Ohio State

Every year the Big Ten has a team or two that go undefeated a little deeper into the season than they should, and then completely collapse. Last year it was the Badgers, this year it's Penn State (and probably Wisconsin again, though they look pretty good). Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with being proud of your team, but just don't be disappointed when everything comes crumbling down for them.

I only see 3 losses there.
Posted By: matt351 Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/04/05 08:47 PM
Originally posted by mbTDI:

GO DOMERS!!!

IRIIIIIIIIIISSSSHHHHHH!!!

im glad im not the only Irish fan in here. did you guys see the beat down they gave Purdue?
Posted By: Davo Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/04/05 08:53 PM
Originally posted by dnewma04:
I only see 3 losses there.

Ouch.

* Michigan State
Originally posted by RetiredCEG'er:

x2

x3 + bump
Hellava day in the Big 10!

"Your brown jug are belonging to us!"
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/09/05 04:13 PM
Oh yeah, Davo?

And seriously, what do you mean, "bandwagon?" We're PSU students, what do you expect?
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/09/05 06:29 PM
Davo doesn't like sports fanatics. He wishes everyone to be very appreciative of their teams, but not fanatical. Golf clap when they win, point out positives when they lose, never be to positive or negative.

I think bandwagons are very important for sports.
Posted By: Davo Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/09/05 07:36 PM

Yet you've never been a part of one.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/09/05 07:37 PM

Yet you've never been a part of one.

i think fighter pilots are important for our military. i've never been one of those either.
Posted By: Davo Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/09/05 07:40 PM
Ummm....my point is that dnewma04 has insisted that the Pistons bandwagon doesn't exist, yet he says bandwagons are necessary for sports. Something doesn't jive there.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/09/05 08:27 PM
Ummm....my point is that dnewma04 has insisted that the Pistons bandwagon doesn't exist, yet he says bandwagons are necessary for sports. Something doesn't jive there.

ah, i misunderstood... though my main point still stands. just because there may or may not be a pistons bandwagon, it doesn't negate the fact that bandwagons can be important.

Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/09/05 08:35 PM
Go Horns!
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/10/05 01:51 AM
I'm not a bandwagon fan, I went to more pistons games during the teal grant hill days then i have the last few years, but if I ever said there weren't bandwagon pistons fans, i miswrote or you misunderstood. EVERY sport and team have bandwagon fans. Now the Detroit Lions have this ridiculous loyalty that compares to the Cubs/Red Sox. Despite piss poor teams anually, they continue to have a huge local following that defies reason. But yes, there are bandwagon Lions fans, as well.
Posted By: Davo Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/10/05 03:02 AM
Ah, I'm sorry. I went back and checked, and it was Corbett that insisted there was no Pistons bandwagon.

Interesting about the Lions. They may have a rabid local following, but the Cubs/Red Sox following is characterized by logic-defying loyalty nation-wide. I've yet to see any such thing for the Lions.
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/10/05 03:23 AM
Ah, I'm sorry. I went back and checked, and it was Corbett that insisted there was no Pistons bandwagon.

Interesting about the Lions. They may have a rabid local following, but the Cubs/Red Sox following is characterized by logic-defying loyalty nation-wide. I've yet to see any such thing for the Lions.

These teams have exactly the bandwagon fans you have such disdain for. I have 3 long time co-workers who were suddenly cubs and red sox fans, but there was never a mention of either team in many prior conversations about baseball. I don't think the Lions futility has quite the extensive history that the Cubs have had, so maybe with time, they can also gain national sympathy.
Posted By: Davo Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/10/05 03:33 AM
I know they do! I need not to get started on them, especially "Red Sox Nation" (). The sad thing about Red Sox fans is that even though they were New York's [censored] for 80+ years, they thought it was the other way around. And even worse, they thought last year's win was redemption for 80+ years of ownage.

I don't get Cubs fans at all. I guess they've got Wrigley, an American shrine. Maybe if Old Faithful got a baseball team they'd be in competition with the Cubs.
Posted By: xdouble_dup1 Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/10/05 04:55 PM
4 losses:
* Ohio State
* Michigan
* Wisconsin

Well, you're 0 for 1 now.

Go PSU!
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/10/05 07:47 PM
Looks like our treatment of Smith has already found it's way onto teh intarweb:

Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/10/05 10:12 PM
GO BLUE!

Would be funny if we kick PSU's butt this year, but seeing as that we're 3-3, with a loss to Minn (they play football there?!! Wouldn't want to be at the Brown Jug in A2 this weekend!), I'm thinking otherwise. . .it was a rocky season start, chock it up to learning, hopefully we'll come back stronger next year. . .I am VERY surprised with PSU though. . .very. . .
Posted By: Davo Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/16/05 04:55 PM
Originally posted by xdouble:
4 losses:
* Ohio State
* Michigan
* Wisconsin

Well, you're 0 for 1 now.

Go PSU!

FYI I'm 1 for 2 now.
Posted By: Corbett_dup1 Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/16/05 06:56 PM
Speaking of hail to the victors! What a game yesterday! TD with 1 second on the clock!
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 10/18/05 03:47 PM
so we're still unranked, and still left with OSU to contend with. . .who else is on the docket?? Purdue?
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/05/05 09:58 PM
I think you get my point though. PSU has at least 4 losses on their schedule. I'll check back with you at the end of the season and see if you're still posting Nittany Lions graphics on here.

Posted By: Steeda. Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/05/05 10:40 PM
WOW

PSU is handing Wisconsin there ass big time right now!!!!
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/07/05 04:14 PM
So what's the bet for PSU in the polls? LSU, Alabmama, and PSU might get mixed up in the BCS, but they will almost certainly fill the 4-5-6 spots. I don't see Alabama going above Miami in the BCS.

Here's hoping for number 4 - but I bet 5: 'bama, PSU, LSU.

EDIT: Just noticed that Alabama and LSU play each other this weekend. One of them is going to fall, and PSU will take that BCS spot!
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/14/05 11:01 PM
Yep:

BCS Rankings
1. USC
2. Texas
3. Miami
4. Penn State
5. LSU
6. Virginia Tech
7. Ohio State
8. Alabama
9. Notre Dame
10. Oregon

Looks like LSU didn't play well enough to overtake us. Hello, paging Davo. Davo, you there? Davo? Got a smart-ass comment about the rusty bandwagon?

Man, am I enjoying this!
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/16/05 01:34 PM
Has PSU ever beat MSU?
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/16/05 04:39 PM
Um, we won last year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=243250213&confId=5
Posted By: MxRacer Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/16/05 04:45 PM
i think MSU is going to play the spoiler to PSU this year.
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/16/05 04:48 PM
Um, we won last year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=243250213&confId=5

I was being facetious, it seems like MSU generally beats PSU and ND. But I think I might be thinking that PSU has never beat MSU at East Lansing.
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/16/05 04:50 PM
Originally posted by MX Racer:
i think MSU is going to play the spoiler to PSU this year.

That would be nice of them to hand the Big Ten championship over to UofM
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/16/05 04:52 PM
We won at MSU in 2001 and 1995. Other than those, the home team has always won, at least for the last ten years.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/16/05 04:54 PM
Yeah, I think OSU will probably fall to Michigan. It's going to be close though - or at least I hope it will be.
Posted By: Stazi Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/16/05 06:03 PM
I hope we (UoM) beat OSU I will dance a jig on my buddy's coffee table as he's a diehard Buckeye.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/16/05 06:10 PM
anxiously awaiting. . .AHHHHHH!!! Sat will be nutz. . .need to get hammered regardless. . .
Posted By: Stylin55_oh Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/16/05 08:08 PM
i got $150 that says Ohio St. shows you why they should be a BCS bid
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/17/05 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Stylin55_oh:
i got $150 that says Ohio St. shows you why they should be a BCS bid

Sounds like it's counterfit. As far as I am aware, no legal tender says anything about that school with a weed as a mascot.
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/17/05 04:53 PM
Dont be sad because the Wolverine's are gonna get whopped up by a tree and some nuts
Posted By: Stazi Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/17/05 07:08 PM
Keep that up and your fuel rail will disappear!
Posted By: ancientsanskrit Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/17/05 07:43 PM
Originally posted by KnuKonceptz:
Dont be sad because the Wolverine's are gonna get whopped up by a tree and some nuts

Man, I wish I didn't sell my season tickets.
Though, I do get a good chunk of change every year for them!

Wolverines are going to win, son. It's inevitable!
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/17/05 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:
Keep that up and your fuel rail will disappear!

I cant stop the future from taking place
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/18/05 04:08 AM
let's go BLUE@!!!

I'm cautiously optimisitic. . .

BUMP!!!!

That would be 1, thanks davo
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/20/05 12:38 AM
If MSU did not self distruct at every possible critical point in the game.... MSU special teams made OSU's look incredible
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/20/05 12:56 AM
Originally posted by KnuKonceptz:
If MSU did not self distruct at every possible critical point in the game.... MSU special teams made OSU's look incredible

MSU blows! Can't wait to see the paper on Monday.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/20/05 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Slack Master Doug:

BUMP!!!!

That would be 1, thanks davo

**sniff sniff**

Doug, what do you smell?

Is that oranges?

Yeah, I smell oranges. Huh...
Posted By: kipsvt98 Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/20/05 02:06 PM
Penn State came pretty close to possibly having a shot at the national title last night.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/20/05 03:48 PM
Yeah, no kidding! If Frenso had pulled that off, and UCLA followed suit next week... State College was going NUTS during the USC/FS game. Wow, what a day for college football.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/21/05 09:08 PM
BCS is out.

Posted By: kipsvt98 Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/21/05 11:15 PM
Who knows maybe UCLA can beat USC.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/21/05 11:33 PM
Yeah, I think it might happen. But then odds are it would be Texas - USC - PSU - LSU - VT - OSU - etc. Never know, though...
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!! GO BLUE! - 11/22/05 05:12 PM
Originally posted by kipsvt98:
Who knows maybe UCLA can beat USC.

They already played the best team they will face this year last weekend. Don't expect a close game against UCLA>
© CEG Archives