Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: zzzcool Is Free Style and Five Hundred selling good? - 01/03/05 04:10 PM
These two cars suppose to be the import frighter ,wondering if people are buying them .
http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=19629
I've read somewhere that Ford is altering the production plans to increase the number of Freestyles being built. A neighbor of mine has one...he said that they had wanted to trade in their Windstar for a new Windstar, but liked the FS better. He did give me a rather blank look when I asked if he had opted for the CVT transmission, though. I thought it was funny that he didn't know what I was talking about.
not to be an asz, but maybe the blank stare was because the FS only comes with the CVT, hence there is no option for it.
I have personally sold 3 Montegos. They are doing quite well. Problem is here we do not order many AWD models. And would'nt you know that we have been dealer trading for AWD for 2 months. Makes you wonder who orders the cars for our dealership.

I think it's a great car for the money. Wait until you sit in one and check out the interior room. And that trunk will hold almost anything. Even though the car is really huge IMHO, it drives like a small car.

Plus standard HID and LED tail lamps make for good lighting.
Originally posted by 98cont-UoG-FSAE:
not to be an asz, but maybe the blank stare was because the FS only comes with the CVT, hence there is no option for it.

Well, whaddaya know...I thought it had the 6-speed too, like the 500. Learn something new everyday!
Have yet to see either of these cars on the road here in California. What suprises me is that the dealers look to be having a harder time seeling the new Mustang GT's. One dealer this last weekend listed 5 GT's-in stock with no dealer mark up in the local paper.

Not long before the rebates start.
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
Have yet to see either of these cars on the road here in California. What suprises me is that the dealers look to be having a harder time seeling the new Mustang GT's. One dealer this last weekend listed 5 GT's-in stock with no dealer mark up in the local paper.

thats funny because around here you cant buy a GT - period. They just dont have them. My local dealer has had 1 GT in the past 4 months and its the demo car. Theve only had 3 other but V6 cars. The 500 is also hard to get around here.

(ps - Are the freestyle and 500 selling well)
Originally posted by Horse:

thats funny because around here you cant buy a GT - period. They just dont have them. My local dealer has had 1 GT in the past 4 months and its the demo car. Theve only had 3 other but V6 cars. The 500 is also hard to get around here.

(ps - Are the freestyle and 500 selling well)

PSS - See above

Posted By: SAV Re: Is Free Style and Five Hundred selling good? - 01/03/05 07:17 PM
I see a few Freestyles on the road, more popular in fact than the name I confuse it with: Freestar.

500s are dotted throughout the city, but I haven't seen any Montegos on the road yet and I really like it much better than the 500. Those HIDs and LED tails speak a lot.

Mustang GTs are as rare as Ferraris around here. There's four V6 ATs on the lot, and all are yellow and all have no spoiler. The one GT demo car that was out there was silver MT and talking to one of the sales associates revealed that the car already had built up 11,000 miles as a demo, and some guy still walked in and talked the manager into paying $9000 over sticker.

Talk about the desire to have the first one.

-SAV

come on now get real this isn't the gto we're talking about here....

around here the gt's are selling as fast as they can get them on the lot...
I've actually seen quite a few 500's, as well as their Mercury counterpart around here. To date, I've seen one Mustang on the road, a black GT(nice). I haven't seen any Mustangs at the lot.
i think fords new line up in very good i just can't wait to see a souped up 500 or one of the new mustangs
The Freestar/Monterey is a total botch job... here is a vehicle that hasn't had a true redesign since the Windstar debuted and they just give it another skinning!

They should have put the minivan on the same platform as the Five Hundred/Freestyle... possibly also offering the AWD/CVT powertrain.

Other than that... the Five Hundreds seem to be selling well here... 9500 a month is roughly about 114,000 a year... assuming sales aren't still ramping up.
I have seen a few Five Hundreds, and no Freestyles, on the road, and the only GT I have seen was on a semi trailer.
I've seen a few 500s and 05 Stang GTs on the road(along with the V6 as well)and they have like probably 5 at the dealer here in all(V6 and GT)(also because our ford dealer likes to over stock too sometimes, they have a TON of 05 Focus and also quite a bit of 04s left as well)they also have a ton of the 04 F-150s left I do believe or they could be 05s, anyhow looks like around here the 500 and Stang GTs are off to a decent start so far.

Plus its winter too and who wants to get salt all over their brand new cars, who knows maybe some people are waiting for spring.
Wow, I'm losing my touch. I used to know every Ford vehicle name that was being sold .. but they changed them all within the past year (kinda like Chevy is). I didn't even know the Freestyle exists ... and what happened to the Explorer and Escape?
my dad owns a freestyle. he seems to like it. the interior is a pretty big improvement over our '02 escape. ive only drive it about one time though, but the cvt is kinda cool i guess. the rear seat folds flat too, and i think the front ones can be taken out/folded flat as well.
Posted By: SAV Re: Is Free Style and Five Hundred selling good? - 01/04/05 06:31 AM
Ford is trying to develop a nomenclature for its cars and trucks. Cars/vans have F names while SUVs have E names.

Cars:
Five Hundred
Focus
Freestyle
Freestar
Fusion

SUVs:
Escape
Explorer
Expedition
Excursion

It gets sketchy when you consider that the F-150 is a truck and not a car, the Crown Victoria still exists despite being almost 15 years old, the Mustang name will never go away, Ford thinks there's still money to be had by keeping the Taurus around for fleet and, in the end, everybody still comes up with the same question: "Exactly what the hell is the Freestyle classified as?"

-SAV
i've only seen one Mustang GT floating around Boston, but I saw three or four in California over the weekend. It does look really nice. The first Ford to make my head turn in a while.
The Mustangs are selling so fast in West Palm that the dealers can't keep them in stock. The day I went to test drive a 500 the dealer did not have a 5 speed available for sale, just the demo - and they sold that too.

During my visit, 4 new Mustangs left the lot in 40 minutes with new owners at the wheel, and there were at least a half dozen more in the showroom negotiating. I don't know how many were in the offices doing the paperwork.

A few 500s were being sold, I suspect the demand will pick up as people hear more about the car.
The Freestyle is a midsized crossover SUV.

Direct competitors are the Mitsubishi Endeavor, Toyota Highlander, Honda Pilot, and Nissan Murano.
© CEG Archives