Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: obicanobi0_dup1 RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 02:45 PM
RIP AirKnight

from WNY Sport Riders

Quote:

I don't know any easy way to say this. Dominic passed away last night around midnight. There are'nt many details available about the accident. Nothing thats important or that I want to go into right now really. And there were no eye witnesses. At this point I'm in a state of basic shock and disbelief. I got the call about midnight and went to get his mom and dad to go to the ER. None of us had a phone number to call them and I figured they wouldn't be able to figure out where the hospital was anyway. And how could they be in a condition to drive with the news that Dominic had been in an accident. So off I went. I was with them at the ER most of the night. Left early this morning and went out to analyze the accident scene. At this point I have not slept at all.

Theres not much more to say I guess. Well, actually, there's so much to say and to do too which all can never be done now. Dominic was one of the most enthusiastic riders I have ever had the pleasure of riding with. His intentions were often misunderstood or misconstrued but I think he always meant well, even if he sometimes made etiquette mistakes causing some to take offense, which I attribute to his upbringing in Hong Kong. I admit I'm guilty of not cutting him any slack from time to time as witnessed on this site in some of the posts exchanged. Regardless, there was noone more ready to go for a scoot to just about anywhere on a moments notice than Dominic. Day or night, he loved to ride like I love to ride.... and in that we had a definite kinship and unmistakeable brotherly bond.

I can't say I knew him well really which now I realize is unfortunate. I know I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to taking the time for granted till its gone. But how is one to know when it all will end? I do know that we rode all day on Sunday from morning to late night and it was a great ride. Probably the best ever. And I am not just saying that because of his terrible accident. We really had the best time on that ride. We enjoyed two meals together, lots of laughs, and coffee too... later Sunday night. We had a nice one on one conversation, free of the distractions usually present cause there was no one else out! I could have never imagined that would be our last conversation that night, as it began raining and we reluctantly went off our separate ways.

So thats that. For what its worth. He was a good rider by any account and had steadily improved over this season alone. He had gotten a reputation as a crasher but I knew it was more misfortune and bad luck than lack of skill that had caused most of it. What he suffered from most was a lack of experience. He had done a lot of miles this year alone and we were looking forward to many more. This is the most unexpected tragedy and I pray for his family and friends. This is truly a sad day for the forum. A total loss for us actually. His enthusiasm for this sport was a beautiful thing! I dare say that he will be remembered for his efforts to unite sportriders in wny. I hope he realized that I cared about him and how much I enjoyed his company on our rides. RIP Dominic. May you find the perfect road in your travels buddy! RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad [/quote

For you poeple that have not met Dom he was a great guy and lived down the street from me. He had build the first 3L in a 95 and unfortunatly the engine blew up. Soon after he got into sport bike ridingand never looked back.

RIP
his web site
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 02:46 PM
WTF! IS THIS A JOKE!
Posted By: Stazi Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 02:48 PM
Fu.ck!

That's terrible!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 02:50 PM
He did move his 3L FAQ to http://airknight.wnysportriders.org/

Damn we need get someone to host this info. This is the last thing we should be talking about but he put a lot of work into it. Dude had a lot of heart!
Posted By: izzodesh Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 02:51 PM
wow....that is ruff!
my blessing are out for his family..
RIP...
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 02:53 PM
Here is the actual post.
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 02:55 PM
Someone please confirm this...

Never mind, I'm safely assuming that if the moderator at that site posted it, it's for real.

Dammit...another one gone.
Posted By: obicanobi0_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 03:01 PM
Sorry to say this is not a joke.
Scarry thing is he is stil signed on AIM
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 03:03 PM
AK was certainly a unique guy.

Condolences to the family.
Posted By: Bailey Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 03:04 PM
RIP Airknight

Does anybody have any details on wtf happened, this is so sad, my prayers and condolenscences go out to him and his familly
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 03:05 PM
RIP Dominic Ho

09/13/1981 to 07/28/04

Posted By: blake_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 03:06 PM
whoa....that's awful!

he bought the 3L for his '95 from a fellow SE-CEG'er...drove down from NY to atlanta to pick it up, iirc.

sorry to hear the news....
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 03:06 PM
Man...
I remember way back when he used to PM with off the wall tech questions about his Contour & his Subaru. He used to ask me all these crazy questions and I would get so frustrated with him. Even though I got frustrated with him, I couldn't help liking him. He always had good intentions. Some people who were around for the early days of the SVT/SHO Society may remember that he drove from NY all the way out to Kalamazoo, MI for a meet that only lasted a few hours, he also got three speeding tickets on the trip!

Dominic, I know you're keeping an eye on us! RIP

if the image doesn't work Click here

I think we should take a day this week and drive with our lights on to honor him & his memory.
-Mark
Posted By: Quick_SVT Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 03:09 PM
Damn, sincere condolences to his family. Yet another young life lost to a motorcycle... Both of my bikes are for sale i lost two of my good friends within the span of one year or exactly two summers! RIP All you riders out there, ride safe! ride smart!
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 03:14 PM
holy crap
I just can't believe it
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 03:35 PM
WOW.....
Posted By: robb99se Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 03:41 PM
My thoughts and prayers out to his family
Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 03:41 PM
Posted By: robux1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 03:43 PM
Hi CEG'ers ....

I'm rob, aka dom's camera man, and good friend of his.

The news is correct. Dom hit a car in the town of Boston NY late last night at 12am. It was raining here too. Please do not try to contact him.

I will post more info, if anyone feels like coming to buffalo.

You can check the buffalo news for follups:

http://buffalonews.com
http://www.wgrz.com/

Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 03:47 PM
Wow, that's def not cool, RIP. . .my condolences to his family, he's SO YOUNG! Messed up that his 3L broke down which led him to bikes, which unfortunately isn't the safest thing. . .
Posted By: Steeda. Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 03:50 PM
I remember when he got that FZR...

Rip DOM
Posted By: Davo Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 03:51 PM
Damn. Rest in peace, brother.

Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 03:51 PM
RIP

not many will understand...but at least he went out doing what he loved....riding
Posted By: NewPowerRadio Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 03:57 PM
RIP
Posted By: 2&1/2 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 03:57 PM
Just out right horrible, and my prayers and thought's go out to him and his family. I'm sure he is in a much better place.
Posted By: Andy W._dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 04:07 PM
Damn!

-Andy
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 04:10 PM
Big Azn to Lil Azn... RIP.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 04:20 PM
Originally posted by WorldTour:
I think we should take a day this week and drive with our lights on to honor him & his memory.
-Mark

Good suggestion. I'm a former rider. Lights on Friday through Sunday and FOREVER give bikers room, they have no protection from cars.

AirKnight, I salute you.... <S>

JimR
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 04:20 PM
Originally posted by robux1:
The news is correct. Dom hit a car in the town of Boston NY late last night at 12am. It was raining here too.

This sounds exactly like how my next-door neighbor (practically little brother) died on his sportbike a few years back. Brings back awful memories.
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 04:21 PM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Lights on Friday through Sunday

Sounds great to me.

-Mark
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 04:35 PM
Done. I've always given as much room as possible to riders regardless of the conditions. A couple trips to Deal's Gap will give any driver respect for riders.
Posted By: ElKy Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 04:37 PM
RIP

headlights will be on (as always)
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 04:44 PM
That sucks. RIP airknight
Posted By: 5speed3.0SE�® Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 04:44 PM
this is terrible news. i still laugh when i think about the video he posted when he was drunk and making fun of bubb rubb. thinking about the good memories of a person's life helps with coping. i know for a fact everyone who knew him has tons of memories like that. my condolences.
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 04:45 PM
Man...
I remember way back when he used to PM with off the wall tech questions about his Contour & his Subaru. He used to ask me all these crazy questions and I would get so frustrated with him. Even though I got frustrated with him, I couldn't help liking him. He always had good intentions. Some people who were around for the early days of the SVT/SHO Society may remember that he drove from NY all the way out to Kalamazoo, MI for a meet that only lasted a few hours, he also got three speeding tickets on the trip!

Dominic, I know you're keeping an eye on us! RIP

-Mark

My sentiments exactly . . . He used to frustrate the heck out of me w/ all kinds of silly questions, but I still couldn't help but really like the guy.
Definately a unique individual. RIP Dom.
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 04:46 PM
RIP
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 04:49 PM
He was the first to take a pic of him in his engine bay with that wrench in his hand. I about pooped my pants when I saw that. He didn't seem like the most mechanically inclined but he just said WTH and did a hybrid. Wish he would have gotten it tuned before tryin to whip that Teg.
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 04:57 PM
Originally posted by todras:
He was the first to take a pic of him in his engine bay with that wrench in his hand. I about pooped my pants when I saw that. He didn't seem like the most mechanically inclined but he just said WTH and did a hybrid. Wish he would ahve gotten it tuned before tryin to whip that Teg.

Does anyone have that pic saved?
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 04:59 PM
RIP...

if its one thing im a firm believer of (i lost someone dear to me a few months ago.....) is that we are all put on the Earth to do waht we need to do....some spend longer here, some spend a short time....but what counts is who we touch and the choices we make in that time.

I did not know, him, but from what everyone has said so far, i can tell he was a great guy. he seemed to touch many people...RIP Airknight..you will be missed.

Lupe
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 04:59 PM
I'd reckon it's on his FAQ site.

I remember a very very late night AOL chat room with him and a couple Focus buddies of mine. Some very very interesting conversation followed. He was a real good guy.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 05:01 PM
I looked through everything and can't find the pic. They are all dead links. All the ones I could find I posted.
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 05:07 PM
There used to be a pic on the society site of him standing in front of his car at the meet he drove out for, but since the site was "downsized" its gone.

-Mark
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 05:20 PM
Some more from wnysportriders

http://www.wnysportriders.org/album_pic.php?pic_id=10
http://www.wnysportriders.org/album_pic.php?pic_id=9
http://www.wnysportriders.org/album_pic.php?pic_id=4
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 05:28 PM
I remember at SZ01, he hadn't gotten his wheels aligned. When he got to K'zoo he wanted to rotate his tires so they would wear evenly. I lent him the jack from my rental, and he was very greatful. Crazy dude who was a TRUE ENTHUSIST about pretty much everything.

Rest In Peace, Dom.

Prayers for the family, also.

Posted By: 99blacksesport_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 05:32 PM
Wow, I loved reading his posts on here. He was a nice guy, funny at times, and I am sure I would have been honored to call him a friend had I known him. Makes me start to reconsider my upcomming purchase of a bike. -Nick
Posted By: SVTcontourSVT Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 05:33 PM
R.I.P Brother.
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hightower:
I remember at SZ01, he hadn't gotten his wheels aligned. When he got to K'zoo he wanted to rotate his tires so they would wear evenly. I lent him the jack from my rental, and he was very greatful. Crazy dude who was a TRUE ENTHUSIST about pretty much everything.

HAHAH, I remember that and laughing about it in your hotel room! And to top it off he ran the Auto-X the following day and then drove all the way home afterwards on those same tires!

When he pulled into Lane's parking lot on Friday (running late of course!) his car's temp was nearly in the red because he had it floored for the last hour because he thought he was going to miss everyone. He got out of his car and ran around to the front to open his hood and then through up both of his arms and yelled "I MADE IT!" The owner of Lane was standing there with the strangest look on his face...
Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 05:55 PM
Dang man.....my deepest condolances to his friends and family. I know what it's like to lose someone so unexpectantly. (is that a word?) I remeber we used to talk on AOL a bit, he seemed to be a real cool guy, wish I could have met him in person. RIP Dom.
Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 06:01 PM
Originally posted by todras:
Some more from wnysportriders

http://www.wnysportriders.org/album_pic.php?pic_id=4

true rider style...get off the bike and see how far you got to the edge of the tires...let ya know how much harder to push it
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 06:02 PM
OMG I really can't beleive this I met him a couple of months back in Toronto, very nice guy...

My condolences to all his family and friends

RIP Dom
Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 06:20 PM
Originally posted by 5speedmotorlessSE:
i still laugh when i think about the video he posted when he was drunk and making fun of bubb rubb.

AWww... I forgot that was him!!! I loved that!!!
Posted By: bishop375_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 06:20 PM
Damn shame to hear about this. I don't think I've held many conversations with him, but, he seemed like a decent guy. RIP, man... RIP.
Posted By: robux1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 06:29 PM
The Article

http://www.wkbw.com/morenews/morenews.asp#3

Fatal accident in town of Boston, NY
July 28, 2004
A late night motorcycle accident in the town of Boston claims a life. State police tell 7 News that a 22-year-old male from Depew was killed failed to negotiate a turn due to unsafe speed on Zimmerman Road. His name is being withheld until family member can be notified.
Posted By: Dan Nixon_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 06:40 PM
Shocked.
Very sad, such a young man.
God help his family & friends..RIP.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 07:23 PM
godspeed.

if i had to go early, that'd be it.

Posted By: Antonio Wright_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 08:07 PM
Oh my! Out of all the people in the world why him. The little guy was truly a unique person.
Posted By: mmarfan_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 08:34 PM
Dang thats terrible
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 08:48 PM
OMG! RIP Airknight.
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 09:07 PM
Holy Crap!!!

I really don't know what to say. I remember his pic from the engine bay and can't believe I don't have it saved somewhere. I also had a smile on my face when he got the FZR because my first bike was a fizzer also.

RIP AirKnight.

Posted By: amarv12_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 09:25 PM
RIP.
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 09:35 PM
cant think of anything better then R.I.P
Posted By: JaTo_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 09:42 PM
Wow. That's just utterly terrible.

Godspeed.
Posted By: m!key Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 10:07 PM
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Judge:
RIP

not many will understand...but at least he went out doing what he loved....riding

Couldn't be put better RIP Airknight
Posted By: R_G Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:
RIP

RIP bro.
Posted By: Static Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 10:48 PM
Rest in Peace Dom.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 11:15 PM
This is just terrible. RIP Dom.
Posted By: JessMan_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 11:17 PM
RIP AirKnight
Posted By: LittleFishie_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 11:23 PM
I can't believe this...

RIP Dom...
Posted By: mike_95se_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 11:35 PM
i remember he was the first one i talked to at SZ. pulled up to gilmore and asked him if he was chang. hah. made a good comment about size difference. good guy. RIP man. damn shame
Posted By: contour96 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 11:40 PM
Originally posted by LittleFishie:
I can't believe this...

RIP Dom...

Posted By: vudusvt_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/28/04 11:46 PM
RIP Dom.
Posted By: Plastique_synthetiX_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 12:01 AM
Damn......

I used to chat with him on Aim often, he was a great guy, if a little excentric.....

Rest In Peace, you will be missed.
Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 12:25 AM
I never knew him, but many loved him. RIP my dear Dom
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 12:40 AM
Originally posted by ElKy:
RIP

headlights will be on (as always)

Posted By: dcl_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 01:01 AM
R.I.P. Airknight.
Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:
RIP

Makes complete sense... that's how my dad died... on a bike, with his best friend, on a beautiful day.

If you're going to go, there's no better way than to go out happy
Posted By: 95TourSleeper Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 01:05 AM
I did not know him but understand anyone who at one time or another had a joy for contours like we do, and feel very bad and especially to anyone whose life is taken away too soon. He sounds like he was very special and my prayers go out to friends/family. RIP
Posted By: unisys12 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 01:24 AM
I did not know him as well as most everyone else here, because I didn't really become active on the boards until just before his 3L blew. After that, I did share a few posts with him, but still...

Always sad to lose such a great person... RIP Dom.
Posted By: GapBoyPCS_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 01:43 AM
AK was a very passionate Contour owner. I know he's contributed lots to the Contour community. My condolences. RIP.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 02:08 AM
R.I.P Dom
Posted By: jerseyca�10 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 02:18 AM
RIP
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 02:26 AM
I seriously didn't think that I could post on this. I have no words that can describe how awful I feel. I just hope he is in a better place, and that his family can cope with his passing.

Posted By: migalush_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 02:35 AM
I feel sick to my stomach. Dom was great to know and I had many enthusiastic conversations with him. I'll miss his unique wit and attitude. Peace be with you, Dominick
Posted By: lowbudgetracing Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 02:47 AM
peace out
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 03:31 AM
I'm in the midst of my vacation & decide to log on to see how well my fellow CEGers are doing & THIS is what I read !!
I had many long , late-into-the-night AIM conversations with Dom back in the day & I can also say that he was a true enthusiast . It's a true shame he had to go out so young , and in such a way . Finally meeting him in person at Spring Zing was also an experience . His personality was truly electric . He will be missed .

Godspeed & ride on , friend !
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 03:39 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Rest in Peace Dom...
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 03:48 AM
I cant believe this.. Dom was a really great person. Ive spoken to him so many times on AIM and pretty much started swapping my 3L at the same time he did. His questions were pretty crazy but he still had the passion to build a hybrid 3L. I really am left speechless to the news of his passing. TEAR THOSE ROADS UP, UP THERE DOM. well all miss you.
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 04:01 AM
This is sad news indeed. My condolences go out to his family.

RIP Dom.
Posted By: Guntaker_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 04:05 AM
RIP Dom, Condolences go out to his family.
I still remember seeing that video of when he got his 3L tour to start
Posted By: MarkO_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 04:14 AM
RIP.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 04:29 AM
My best wishes go out to his friends and family at this time.

We can learn from the misfourtune of others, however. In poor conditions, DRIVE OR RIDE even more CAREFULLY. You never know what is around the next bend.
Posted By: Keith W_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 04:42 AM
Posted By: BaBySHO419 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 04:54 AM
Originally posted by dcl:
R.I.P. Airknight.

Posted By: 18psi2300 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 05:39 AM
Really sorry to hear this...RIP Dom.
I know so many families whos lives have been ruined by motorcycles...it's sad.
Posted By: Bailey Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 06:08 AM

Kin Fung "Dominic" Ho
Of Depew, NY, entered into rest July 27, 2004, beloved son of Kwong Wah and Fung Sin (nee Tang) Ho; also survived by many relatives and friends. Relatives and friends may visit the LOMBARDO FUNERAL HOME (Northtowns Chapel), 885 Niagara Falls Blvd near Eggert/Sheridan Dr. on Friday from 4-9 PM. A graveside service will be celebrated in Mt. Calvary Cemetery, 800 Pine Ridge Rd. Cheektowaga on Saturday morning at 9 o'clock.

Buffalonews.com

PS : one of the Mods might wnat to pin this for all to see
Posted By: Bailey Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 06:49 AM
Here is the link from the news coverage News ( clic on more evening headlines ) it's at the end of the video

That must of been one hell of an accident
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 08:06 AM
Originally posted by 95TourSleeper:
I did not know him but understand anyone who at one time or another had a joy for contours like we do, and feel very bad and especially to anyone whose life is taken away too soon. He sounds like he was very special and my prayers go out to friends/family. RIP

Posted By: Chris@CTA Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 11:16 AM
This is a terrible tragedy. Having met Dominic at past meets here in Ontario, he was quite the happy go lucky character. I remember the last time we met, it was at a Go Kart meet close to my home. We all had a blast that day, and that's how I remember him.

RIP my friend. We will all miss you.
Posted By: obicanobi0_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 01:37 PM
Everytime I start my car I will think of him. His exhaist is on my car...
Posted By: contour_phoenix_when_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 01:40 PM
RIP

buffalo news 7 07-29-2004 11pm
Posted By: PackRat_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 01:54 PM
I don't know what to say....
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 01:57 PM
IF ANYONE has anything that hasn't already been posted, please email it to me or send me a link. I am planning on doing a memorial vid for him. Something to remember the good stuff of Airknight.

Thanks.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 01:59 PM
I'm going to look through my pictures at home from SZ01 to see what I have.
Was he also at SZ02?

props to you for doing this. great idea.
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 02:01 PM
I got to do this... It is the only way I feel I can express myself, besides going to the funeral.
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 02:14 PM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
I'm going to look through my pictures at home from SZ01 to see what I have.
Was he also at SZ02?

props to you for doing this. great idea.

According to my records, he paid for SZ02, but he couldn't make it. I might still have his name tag from SZ02 though.
-Mark
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 02:23 PM

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Posted By: obicanobi0_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 02:49 PM
There was a little joke that people had for dom. Always called in a power ranger, picture makes it obvious.
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 03:04 PM
PERFECT... keep em comin! I don't think this vid will go to his parents with the finger and stuff in it...
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 03:17 PM
I couldn't make heads of 2 of those so I lightened em.

Posted By: Sandman333_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 03:33 PM
What I remember about him most was his level head here on the forums and always respecting others opinions. Very sad indeed...
Posted By: Speed Demons_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 03:38 PM
Rest in peace Dom...
Posted By: HKSCougar Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 04:50 PM
My condolances to all who knew AirKnight. If you guys need web space for a mirror for his site, a memorial site, or whatever, please don't hesitate to ask. I have an entire web server at your disposal.

I also contributed to the flower/$$$ fund and posted in that thread.

Finally, I'll post on the EURO-NECO forums and tell the local car clubs here in Stuttgart to runs lights Friday thru Sunday for him.

Our thoughts and spirits are with you from this side of the big pond, and sorry for your loss...

Posted By: bnoon_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hightower:

HAHAH, I remember that and laughing about it in your hotel room! And to top it off he ran the Auto-X the following day and then drove all the way home afterwards on those same tires!

When he pulled into Lane's parking lot on Friday (running late of course!) his car's temp was nearly in the red because he had it floored for the last hour because he thought he was going to miss everyone. He got out of his car and ran around to the front to open his hood and then through up both of his arms and yelled "I MADE IT!" The owner of Lane was standing there with the strangest look on his face...

I sooooooooo remember that too! I had just gotten to Lane as well, either right before or right after he did, then we all left for the hotel.

I had sold him my 225/50/15's that I had taken off of Silvie's stock 15" rims (because I had put 17's on her) and he said the tire place wouldn't put them on his wheels because they wouldn't fit... WTF?!?!? Early SE's have 15X7 rims too... They fit fine once he got them on there from what I heard. I remember he was really ticked about having to stay on his worn tires the entire time at SZ though, LOL!

He always had questions to ask or comments to make about his Contour. Several times he called to ask different things while he was going through his engine swap. Never a dull moment.

It's so sad he had to go.
Posted By: Pete D_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 10:32 PM
They say the good die young.

R-I-P
Posted By: cruises8_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 11:39 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with his friends and family. RIP.
Posted By: Kyo_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/29/04 11:46 PM
Damn....

Never knew him, but enjoyed his posts here..

RIP Dom
Posted By: gearhead98 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/30/04 02:18 AM
RIP
Posted By: 96RedSE5Sp_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/30/04 02:39 AM
Dom was my favorite CEGer. He had the coolest user name. Like me he was from upstate NY and had a first gen TRed SE of which he was immensly proud.

He took a lot of ribbing but he always came back for more. I always read his posts and he found the humor in some of mine.

Dom, I will miss you.
Posted By: 2KSESportV6 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/30/04 03:09 AM
Damn. I learned a lot from his FAQ page for the 3L. That's how I started to know a little bit about. My thought and prayers will go out to his family. Very sad to see him go . RIP Dom.
Posted By: Midnight_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/30/04 02:51 PM
He Was a spear header when it came to firsts from what i can tell. He seemed like some you could learn from and have fun with. My prays will be with his family. I do hope for the ones who knew him the best they will keep his dream alive. People need to give more room to riders, Lights on

Eric
Posted By: CoolBlackSE99 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/30/04 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Roz 1999 SVT-C:

I did not know, him, but from what everyone has said so far, i can tell he was a great guy. he seemed to touch many people...RIP Airknight..you will be missed.

couldnt think of a better way to say it.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/30/04 04:27 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. RIP.
Posted By: Alex T._dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 07/31/04 07:20 AM
I never got to meet him, but he was always one of the first to chime in on my posts. He always went out of his way to help everyone out.

RIP AirKnight
Posted By: Escort1991_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 08/02/04 05:40 AM
This sucks, I have only known him by what he posts on here, but very knowledgeable and outgoing. This sucks. I had not looked at my computer for a couple of days and just now saw this. I just came back from our stunt-riding practice and now I will remember him everytime I saddle up. RIP AK. My condolences go out to everyone who knew him more than me.
Posted By: DJCASPER2 Re: RIP AirKnight - 08/02/04 02:13 PM
R.I.P. Dom
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 08/02/04 04:59 PM
Sometimes I laughed at him, [shame/guilt], sometime I laughed with him. They say laughter is the best medicine; I don't know if it's true but the whole "YOU ARE AN IDIOT" thing provided lots of laughter. For this I owe Dom a debt of thanks.

May his soul Rest in Peace. May his family and friends celebrate his all too short life and many accomplishments!

Mark
Posted By: zgendron_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 08/02/04 08:52 PM
RIP Dom.

You'll be missed as part of the CEG Community.
Posted By: BDR Re: RIP AirKnight - 08/03/04 06:34 PM
really sad to see!
spoke to him myself a few times, very tragic!
Posted By: 98SVTGUY Re: RIP AirKnight - 08/03/04 08:15 PM
I remember one of his videos where he just got the 3L done and started the car. I heard in the back ground his mom say in chinese "why is it so loud" and I couldn't help but laugh because my mother says the same thing about my car. Never met the guy but definetly my sincere condolences to all his friends and family.

Tian hui bau fu ni.
Posted By: alexey Re: RIP AirKnight - 08/05/04 02:19 AM
i too remember that pic of him in the engine bay.. RIP dude...
Posted By: Road Kill Re: RIP AirKnight - 08/12/04 02:19 AM
Sad news. I saw him post around the bike sites... Didn't realise he was one in the same.
Posted By: somthin220 Re: RIP AirKnight - 08/13/04 06:10 AM
thats so sad....
RIP
may god be with his friends and family
Posted By: Dr Dionysus Esq. Re: RIP AirKnight - 08/13/04 06:47 AM
RIP Dominic.

I just bought my first sport bike, and I can understand how he would want to be on it all the time. Reminds me to be more than careful when riding. my condolences to his family and friends.

I still have the video of drunk Dominic doing the "Wooo Woooo!"
Posted By: LegacySHO_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 08/13/04 08:52 PM
Rest In Peace, Dominic.

I'd love to try a bike, but with the number of people I know directly who have been injured or killed on a bike, I just can't bring myself to...
Posted By: JVT_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 08/23/04 11:22 PM
Speechless, really.

Rest in peace bud.

-J
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 08/25/04 06:12 PM
I'm away from home for a long time and I just read this. I'm very sorry and offer my condolences to his family.
He was in the 3L forum with us a lot and I was sad he gave up on his car. Didn't know he moved to bikes.
RIP.

Posted By: illuzions_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 08/27/04 09:19 PM
both he and his family will be in my prayers...such a tragedy....
Posted By: Shaun G_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 08/29/04 03:50 PM
RIP...
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 09/03/04 11:09 PM
i dont check in as often here as i used to so i am just catching this post today....very shocked to read this about airknight....i remember him building his 3liter 95 and his info was very helpful when i had dreams of putting the 3.0 in my 95 se...i also remember him blowing the engine and giving up on it and getting a bike

man, that guy could tick me off with some of his posts but he was a committed guy who stood by his word

my girlfriends brother went through a serious motorcycle crash (van made left turn in front of him and he ran into the rear right side) on 7-15-04 and it was touch and go for awhile with him....i am very sad and send my sympathy and condolences to airknights family and friends
Posted By: RoadRunner_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 09/07/04 09:45 PM
I have been on vacation for the last 2 weeks and I've come back to Contour.org
to read that one of our own has heeded the call to return home.

Dom was classic.
I met Dom on a trip up to Buffalo, and we ate lunch together.
We spoke about Dom's newly built 3L and what problems he was trying to overcome.
Dom knew the engine better than most Ford Engine builders.

Dom is in a better place now, and I want to express my condolences
to everyone who knew Dom, his family, and his friends...

God Bless All
Posted By: PranQster_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 09/08/04 10:23 PM
Rest in Peace
Posted By: Dragonfly Re: RIP AirKnight - 09/08/04 10:38 PM
Posted By: tckn19s_dup1 Re: RIP AirKnight - 10/01/04 07:16 PM
well Got Dammit!!!!
i can't even believe this. could've happened to ANY rider out there. whointhehell invented gravel anyway??

R I P Airknight

Bernie Williamson
Posted By: GetBooby151�© Re: RIP AirKnight - 12/24/04 08:06 AM
RIP
Posted By: Pre98 Re: RIP AirKnight - 12/24/04 05:27 PM
Whoa this thread has resurfaced?

I had no idea Dom was from Buffalo. Then again, at the time he passed, I was still quite the noob..

Nonetheless, (though late) R.I.P.
© CEG Archives