Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: phatsvt9818 mirko splitter - 05/15/03 04:13 PM
i just received my splitter the other day and im just wondering whats the best way to have it put on and does anyone have any close up pics of theres they can post for me. thanx
Posted By: IonNinja Re: mirko splitter - 05/15/03 05:29 PM
try searching in the pics & vids for mirko splitter install or somewhere along those lines...I know somebody has posted theres on more than one occassion.
Posted By: m!key Re: mirko splitter - 05/15/03 05:35 PM
i am going to have mine molded to the front bumper. it will look like it came from the factory that way. peace.
Posted By: stique00_dup1 Re: mirko splitter - 05/15/03 08:45 PM
I believe Pascal has a whole mess of helpful pics
Posted By: Plastique_synthetiX_dup1 Re: mirko splitter - 05/16/03 02:52 AM
Make sure you learn to drive with the splitter on BEFORE you mold it..... Just a word of advice.... I've still not gotten my bloody body kit painted If you want pics of how I fitted it check my profile.....
Posted By: R_G Re: mirko splitter - 05/16/03 03:49 AM
with no splitter, every time I park in front of my house, I am creaful as not to smash the factory's bumper's rear panel against the curb
Posted By: phatsvt9818 Re: mirko splitter - 05/16/03 04:35 AM
id rather not get it molded i dont want to hit somting and then have it crack but once i get this done im not driving the car much anyways. has anyone put air ride on there tour yet?? im lookin to getting it in the next few months im having a custom shop make air struts for mine
Posted By: auiotour Re: mirko splitter - 05/16/03 02:46 PM
Originally posted by RGSOUNDF:
with no splitter, every time I park in front of my house, I am creaful as not to smash the factory's bumper's rear panel against the curb

my car has no drop, but i still hit very badly on any of the 2 parking spots so i have to back in or park on the street, soon i will have to park on the street cause i will get it lowered and will hit evertytime.
Posted By: R_G Re: mirko splitter - 05/16/03 03:17 PM
that's what I am doing all da time - I have to park in reverse...
when I had an M3 bimma - every once in a while I had to fix the splitter that used to get loose all the time...
... and then again, when I was removing the fogs (b/c of the DMV) and crawled under the car - I saw how bad the rear bumper panel is as a result of the inclined - downward - parking space in front of my hose...
Posted By: phatsvt9818 Re: mirko splitter - 05/16/03 09:20 PM
so whats the best way to have it put on without molding it it doesnt look like it would look that good inless it was molded
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: mirko splitter - 05/16/03 09:30 PM
use the neccessary brackets and screws it comes with. 3 aluminum brackets hold it from the bottom and a screw on each side. i have it on my car and i think it justs just fine not molded.
Posted By: Kevdogg410 Re: mirko splitter - 05/16/03 09:36 PM
Jim's looks great on his car.. you see the bolts when you are right next to it.. but any distance away it looks incredible.
Posted By: BSVT_dup1 Re: mirko splitter - 05/20/03 04:46 AM
just finish to install mine...the look is sooo great
Posted By: phatsvt9818 Re: mirko splitter - 05/22/03 07:11 PM
well when i put it up agains the car when i got it it really didnt look liek it was goign to look good. the edges i guess have to be shaved to blend to the car but even after that it seems to be a pain to make it look straight i still need to see a bunch of pics up close to one that hasnt been molded
© CEG Archives