Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: cvkillacontour98 amber\yellow lights - 06/26/06 03:04 PM
can anyone recomend a amber\yellow colored bulb that is available in 893 and 9005. i would liek a standard wattage 893 since the bat ones burnt out my old fogs and possibly a high wattage 9005 amber of the same brand and color. ive seen a few on ebay liek nokya , luminics ,and one called halo wich i dont think i ever heard of.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: amber\yellow lights - 06/26/06 05:20 PM
Originally posted by cvkillacontour98:
can anyone recomend a amber\yellow colored bulb that is available in 893 and 9005. i would liek a standard wattage 893 since the bat ones burnt out my old fogs and possibly a high wattage 9005 amber of the same brand and color. ive seen a few on ebay liek nokya , luminics ,and one called halo wich i dont think i ever heard of.

for 893 fog bulbs in yellow, I would recomend ebay, I believe nokya or somthin sells them..and as for 9005 Yellow highs, I bought mine from rallylights, the brand was Hella Yellow-Star

9005 Hella Yelllow Stars

893 Yellow Bulbs

good luck and yellow bulbs are the way to go!
Posted By: cvkillacontour98 Re: amber\yellow lights - 06/27/06 03:19 AM
how do the nokya bulbs looks? is it a yellow similar to the is300 fogs? im looking for that kind of color.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: amber\yellow lights - 06/27/06 03:32 AM
how do the nokya bulbs looks? is it a yellow similar to the is300 fogs? im looking for that kind of color.

it is dammn close i think..I use to have the Hella fog lights with the hella yellow star bulb..it looked awesome..but then again they were H3's

Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: amber\yellow lights - 06/27/06 03:44 AM
What makes Hellas so bright? Is it the design or the bulb (ie if I replace the stock bulbs with Silverstars, will they still output good?).
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: amber\yellow lights - 06/27/06 05:20 AM
Originally posted by Matt R:
What makes Hellas so bright? Is it the design or the bulb (ie if I replace the stock bulbs with Silverstars, will they still output good?).

well its a combo of both, the hella fog light assembly is meant as a *driving lights* so they will have a brither beam, also the Hella Yellow Star bulb will be yellow obv, but say in bad weather like snow, rain and fog, it will cut through and be brighter then say silverstars, i also know that from experience
Posted By: gooserex Re: amber\yellow lights - 06/28/06 12:02 AM
I'm currently running PIAA Plasma Ion's for my low beams and I have a set of PIAA plasma ion in H3 for the soon to be purchased Optilux 2500, i'm also toying with getting another pair for the high beams .

I also have a pair of PIAA plasma ion in H4 on my bike and it's amazing what they will light up in the fog.

Best all weather bulb IMHO!
Posted By: cvkillacontour98 Re: amber\yellow lights - 06/28/06 03:10 AM
what is the color temp on them ? i see a lot of 2500k and 3000k when i look up yellow bulbs.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: amber\yellow lights - 06/28/06 03:12 AM
I was thinking of Silverstars just to match my 4300K HIDs better than the stock Hella bulbs.
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: amber\yellow lights - 06/28/06 04:11 AM

If your looking for the lexus look....IMO i dont think you can get any bettet than the PIAA Ion fog. I am running the PIAA Ion Fog bulbs in the PIAA 510 driving light. In other words it is the PIAA 510 housing w/ the PIAA 510 driving lens w/ the PIAA Ion fog H3 bulb IIRC is rated at 55w but actually puts out more along the lines 85W. PIAA bulbs are extremely efficient that is why their 55W bulb is equal to a higher wattage bulb. The reason I went this route is a long story but I really like this setup. Since it is a driving light lens the yellow beam really cuts through the fog,rain,snow etc. extremely well. Enough talk heres the pics.

headlights are 4100K bulbs by the way.

this is the best pic to show the color of the fog compaired to the headlights.

HTH
Posted By: cvkillacontour98 Re: amber\yellow lights - 06/28/06 04:26 AM
im just looking for bulb upgrades. i just baught new stock fogs and headlights. i just want the fogs to have a yellow look im not even worried about how much light they put out. and i would like to find a nice yellow 893 with a matching 9005. so far im thinking nokya or luminics.
Posted By: gooserex Re: amber\yellow lights - 06/29/06 05:41 PM
what is the color temp on them ? i see a lot of 2500k and 3000k when i look up yellow bulbs.

From my understanding all PIAA Plasma Ion bulbs are closer to the 2500K range.

I would like to see how hard it would to be fab up the focus pods from PIAA to a CSVT!

PIAA Rally Light Pod
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: amber\yellow lights - 06/29/06 05:59 PM
when i will purchase morrettes, I plan on using the yellow lamix vinyl for the highs while having projectors as lows..now what will be awesome
Posted By: cvkillacontour98 Re: amber\yellow lights - 06/29/06 06:05 PM
so what what be the better of the brands nokya or luminics? im guessing maybe luminics since they have a web page for the company.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: amber\yellow lights - 06/30/06 02:04 AM
so what what be the better of the brands nokya or luminics? im guessing maybe luminics since they have a web page for the company.

which ever is cheap..i cant believe im gonna say this but who cares..their just fogs..
Posted By: cvkillacontour98 Re: amber\yellow lights - 07/04/06 02:35 PM
i got my luminics yellow 893 and 9005 yesterday and they look good. better than that ugly yellowish brown silverstar light that is trying to look white. the golden yellow looks real nice and stands out. it will look better once i get the 4300k hid bulbs. even the 893 foglight bulb looks good. if the foglight lens was flat and not rough it would look a lot better.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: amber\yellow lights - 07/04/06 04:26 PM
it will look better once i get the 4300k hid bulbs. even the 893 foglight bulb looks good. if the foglight lens was flat and not rough it would look a lot better.

the yellow fogs will bring out your HID's even more, its a sick combo
Posted By: cvkillacontour98 Re: amber\yellow lights - 07/05/06 04:21 AM
ill post some good pics once i get my 4300k bulbs. im going to order them next friday on payday. with the over time ive been gettign i might just get some better fog light assemblies. maybe projector fogs. or maybe i should just chill with all this light swaping. now i have silver star highs-4, lows-2 snd 893-2 that ill probally just sell. plus the pair of 6000k hid bulbs that ill be swapping out .
Posted By: 2slowtour Re: amber\yellow lights - 07/05/06 06:27 AM
where can i get those yellow lights i did a search couldnt find anything though . can anyone point me to the right place.

thanks
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: amber\yellow lights - 07/05/06 07:10 AM
Originally posted by 2slowtour:
where can i get those yellow lights i did a search couldnt find anything though . can anyone point me to the right place.

thanks

read

Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

for 893 fog bulbs in yellow, I would recomend ebay, I believe nokya or somthin sells them..and as for 9005 Yellow highs, I bought mine from rallylights, the brand was Hella Yellow-Star

9005 Hella Yelllow Stars

893 Yellow Bulbs

good luck and yellow bulbs are the way to go!

Posted By: cvkillacontour98 Re: amber\yellow lights - 07/05/06 02:06 PM
go to ebay and search for each bulb size in yellow, 9005 yellow , 893 yellow, 9006 yellow. i went with the luminics brand. they look real good. you probally wouldnt want them in the low beam though. my friend told me he had yellows in his low beams and the police hastled him for it. i just put it in my high and fog so it would look good with the hid low beam.
Posted By: jitb Re: amber\yellow lights - 07/05/06 06:47 PM
ive got nokya in my high beams, ilike them.. i need to upgrade my fogs also..

Posted By: cvkillacontour98 Re: amber\yellow lights - 07/06/06 04:34 AM
all the blacke dout chrome on a black svt looks tight. reminds me of the marauder.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: amber\yellow lights - 07/06/06 02:22 PM
all the blacke dout chrome on a black svt looks tight. reminds me of the marauder.

looks like a bruised eye..
Posted By: cvkillacontour98 Re: amber\yellow lights - 07/06/06 03:02 PM
all he needs now is a spot light by teh mirror and it will look liek a cop car. lots of peopel have those spot lights out here. im always hesitant to speed by them.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: amber\yellow lights - 07/06/06 03:04 PM
lots of peopel have those spot lights out here. im always hesitant to speed by them.

Same here. I slow down until I can check for a "Police Interceptor" badge or any lights in the car at all. If not, PEACE!
© CEG Archives