Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: RawBurt White reverse lights - 06/08/06 11:48 AM
The other post got me to thinking. Has anyone replaced their reverse lights with like a white LED look? If so, what and where?
Posted By: RawBurt Re: White reverse lights - 06/08/06 01:33 PM
Back up light... 1156... What kind of wattage can the lenses handle. I remember reading about them melting... ?
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: White reverse lights - 06/08/06 02:26 PM
Dunno, but I put 55 watt bulbs in and they're bright
Posted By: RawBurt Re: White reverse lights - 06/08/06 02:31 PM
I opted for these

http://www.ajusa.com/cgi-bin/stores/details?vendor_code=PIA&ajr_part_number=PIA%2019227&source=lookup&session_id=6f5a19d29770a54bb2f50d0ffe270eb3
Posted By: B.Brattina Re: White reverse lights - 06/08/06 03:57 PM
i still like cheap ricey blue bulbs on occasion so i have some in mine-- the lenses have minor bubbling though due to the heat but, i'll snag a picture of the lights on for ya

edit: i'm pretty sure i purchased the bulbs at autozone special haha
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: White reverse lights - 06/09/06 03:15 PM
I used some PIAA back-up bulbs in my old CSVT and they looked great
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: White reverse lights - 06/09/06 04:45 PM
Why are you winking?
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: White reverse lights - 06/09/06 06:18 PM
Originally posted by todras:
Why are you winking?

Maybe he just likes Rawbutts...

j/k Roger!
Posted By: RawBurt Re: White reverse lights - 06/09/06 06:20 PM
Well they've been ordered, so we'll see.
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: White reverse lights - 06/09/06 06:26 PM
Rawburt, did you get the same brand PIAA bulbs for the license plate as well?
Posted By: RawBurt Re: White reverse lights - 06/09/06 06:29 PM
I actually didnt order the license plate lights. They've been burnt out even since I've owned the car. So once I get pulled over and told to replace them, I will. But until then, the plate is staying in stealth mode.
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: White reverse lights - 06/09/06 06:40 PM
I'm surprised no one has said anyhting about your stealth plate yet. Hell where I live, first day I would get a warning.

Are you looking for the Bright White like Kelly's license plate pic or more of the HID color like the pic the Lexus was giving off?

Post pics when you get the reverse lights put in. I'd be curious to see how they look.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: White reverse lights - 06/09/06 06:46 PM
Originally posted by teamSVTour:
I'm surprised no one has said anyhting about your stealth plate yet. Hell where I live, first day I would get a warning.

You know I'm actually quite surprised too. I'm from a small town where the cops are pretty bored and like to pick out little things like that. But like I said, I'm not too concerned, the worst it'll be is a fix-it ticket.

Are you looking for the Bright White like Kelly's license plate pic or more of the HID color like the pic the Lexus was giving off?

I'm looking for the HID look come time.

Post pics when you get the reverse lights put in. I'd be curious to see how they look.

They should be coming at the end of next week, so I'll definetely post pics.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: White reverse lights - 06/13/06 04:25 AM
i have 50watt reverse bulbs. while they do help with tint (back window 20%), they did bubble up the clear plastic covers over the bulbs. now i hate looking at the rear cuz all i see is the melted plastic. i gotta replace those covers if they can pop out and go back to like stock wattage. r there any led bulbs that wont run as hot and will be as bright as the 50watt bulbs?
Posted By: RawBurt Re: White reverse lights - 06/13/06 01:00 PM
Thats why the bulbs I got are only 27watt
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: White reverse lights - 06/13/06 04:52 PM
Originally posted by RawBurt:

You know I'm actually quite surprised too. I'm from a small town where the cops are pretty bored and like to pick out little things like that. But like I said, I'm not too concerned, the worst it'll be is a fix-it ticket.

heh, mine have been burnt out (or should I say corroded-out) for the past 4 years, I have never had a cop say anything about it
Posted By: Stylin55_oh Re: White reverse lights - 06/13/06 05:05 PM
mine jsut arent connected.. i put a focus shift tower on and didnt get the adapter plug.. broke up the adapter and put the wires on.. one came lose and popped a fuse.. so i just electrical taped it for the time being.. then never took the time to reattached it
Posted By: RawBurt Re: White reverse lights - 06/28/06 08:21 PM
BTW, I ended up finally getting these installed. Pretty sweet mod
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: White reverse lights - 06/28/06 08:43 PM
post pics....i just ordered 3 packs of the Polarg bulbs.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: White reverse lights (pics) - 06/29/06 11:41 AM
Before

And after

Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: White reverse lights (pics) - 06/29/06 12:41 PM
Hotness! I still need to order all my bulbs for the reverse, license plate and dome lights.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: White reverse lights (pics) - 06/29/06 12:48 PM
Pics dont do 100% justice. You should see these bad boys at night
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: White reverse lights (pics) - 06/29/06 05:25 PM
I might buy a set that looks really good.

I was debating and went w/ the polarg to do the license plate and the other 4 locations. I figured the license plate lights are always on at night compaired to the minimal time the back up lights are on..but I prob will still get the reverse light bulbs.

Good look
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: White reverse lights (pics) - 06/29/06 06:00 PM
Originally posted by SVT4STD:
Hotness! I still need to order all my bulbs for the reverse, license plate and dome lights.

yea me too..having 15% tint at night really never helps the cause

any night pics?
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: White reverse lights (pics) - 06/29/06 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
Originally posted by SVT4STD:

yea me too..having 15% tint at night really never helps the cause

any night pics?

What the hell does tint have to do with any of those bulbs?
© CEG Archives