Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: hotdimmes Question for those with sidemarkers... - 04/15/06 08:06 PM
besides trial and error, how can I tell which terminals are pos and which are neg on the bulbs? I have A6 sidemarkers and I can't find anything that would tell me. Does it even matter?
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Question for those with sidemarkers... - 04/15/06 08:58 PM
trial and error is the best way to go kuz then you can only blame yourself if something goes wrong...
so since modification is not an option in this case what do you guys think of just drilling a small hole in your emblems and then putting an led in there, or just custom ones. basically why put something that already exists on other cars that dont belong on your car when you can put something completely unique or at least quasi-unique on your car?
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Question for those with sidemarkers... - 04/16/06 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Mac Chicken:
so since modification is not an option in this case what do you guys think of just drilling a small hole in your emblems and then putting an led in there, or just custom ones. basically why put something that already exists on other cars that dont belong on your car when you can put something completely unique or at least quasi-unique on your car?

I would think the emblem would crack, they seem to be very fragile.
Originally posted by hotdimmes:
besides trial and error, how can I tell which terminals are pos and which are neg on the bulbs? I have A6 sidemarkers and I can't find anything that would tell me. Does it even matter?

It doesn't matter which terminal you use - just wire 'em up & enjoy the light show !
Originally posted by bradSVT:

I would think the emblem would crack, they seem to be very fragile.

high speed drill plus duct tape. I think either a bright white, yellow, or even red blinker.
Posted By: TBoomer Re: Question for those with sidemarkers... - 04/16/06 04:43 AM
Go with white or orange. Do not do red. You're just begging for a traffic stop.
Posted By: carl22 Re: Question for those with sidemarkers... - 04/17/06 03:04 AM
he's right, i was arrested for a red one side markers, illegal color lights. I changed it for a white one now. i'll not be fooled twince trust me.
Originally posted by carl22:
he's right, i was arrested for a red one side markers, illegal color lights.

Arrested for the light color?? Are you sure you didn't spit on the cop too or something like that? I'd think the light might get you a ticket, but nothing more.
© CEG Archives