Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Mac Chicken so I got my tint today - 04/13/06 01:26 AM
oh man, it's pimp, they did an excelent job for a very reasonable price 269 for all the doors and the rear window 5% on the rear and 50% in the front (unfortunately my state doesnt like anything darker and I hate trafick tickets) but it looks good anyway. anyway on to the point, obviously the car needs debadged and shaved but I don't know who to have do it. where did you guys get your's done, just a body shop or what??
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: so I got my tint today - 04/13/06 01:41 AM
5% is pretty dark!

good luck at night..I have a hard time with 15%, I just pretty much guess while backing out
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: so I got my tint today - 04/13/06 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Mac Chicken:
...the car needs to be debadged.

This is easy to do. Only took me a few minuets on my pre 98, I don't know about the 98+. Just used my knife to pull them off and then goo-gone to clean it up. If you do it this way make sure to wash the car right away. The goo-gone can and will eat your paint.

And dont hate McDonalds, they love you!!
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: so I got my tint today - 04/13/06 01:53 AM
Lucky! New York only allows 75% max.

Oh and don't guess while backing out... I did that today and hit someone. No damage, but you feel sure stupid. Especially when they are sitting in the car.
Posted By: Mac Chicken Re: so I got my tint today - 04/13/06 02:03 AM
nah, it's not too dark, doesn't even matter anyway, you guys think I have a rear view mirror, no, too much bass people, there is none, and there wasn't one after about a week in my old car aswell. so basically i just use the side mirrors all the time, they work better when backing up anyway. but yeah it is really dark in the back and the front is nice too, it goes really well with the red. oh and mcdonnalds HATES me, maybe I'll tell ya why later, but lets just say I'm not allowed into all of the mcdonnalds in my town with the exception of one, and that one sucks anyway
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: so I got my tint today - 04/13/06 02:05 AM
why are you facinated with McDonalds? your sn and signature state that..
Posted By: Mac Chicken Re: so I got my tint today - 04/13/06 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

actually my name is macchicken which is not mcchicken but is ammusing because one of the reasons I'm not allowed into one of the mcdonnalds is because I wouldn't back down when I ordered a mac chicken and the dumb [censored] didn't know what it was and actually had to get a supervisor in order for me to get my farking chicken, but yeah there was a lot of swearing and yelling of "I want a mac fetus" and whatnot for some reason (I have odd friends) but basically its just that all the mcdonnalds round here are populated and run by bosnians, somalians, and nigerians. now there really isn't anything wrong with that other than every time I go there they oggle my car and like practically try to bang it and offer to buy it and it pisses me off, go with your crappy eclips gs with a body kit and some other horrible mods like clear tails and a nasty can. that and they fired my friend and making our children fat. I guess that's enough of a rant for this one, maybe more in a bit, still got another 50 mins here at work.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: so I got my tint today - 04/13/06 02:14 AM
hmm
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: so I got my tint today - 04/13/06 02:15 AM

actually my name is macchicken which is not mcchicken but is ammusing because one of the reasons I'm not allowed into one of the mcdonnalds is because I wouldn't back down when I ordered a mac chicken and the dumb [censored] didn't know what it was and actually had to get a supervisor in order for me to get my farking chicken, but yeah there was a lot of swearing and yelling of "I want a mac fetus" and whatnot for some reason (I have odd friends) but basically its just that all the mcdonnalds round here are populated and run by bosnians, somalians, and nigerians. now there really isn't anything wrong with that other than every time I go there they oggle my car and like practically try to bang it and offer to buy it and it pisses me off, go with your crappy eclips gs with a body kit and some other horrible mods like clear tails and a nasty can. that and they fired my friend and making our children fat. I guess that's enough of a rant for this one, maybe more in a bit, still got another 50 mins here at work.

Wow, you're angry.
Posted By: Mac Chicken Re: so I got my tint today - 04/13/06 02:26 AM
wow you guys are fast posters, I love it, hee hee. and no I'm not angry, just disgruntled. I like burger king
Posted By: KerryKool Re: so I got my tint today - 04/13/06 03:08 AM
I had my tint done monday. Really nice, 20% all around and the windshield strip.

You paid how much?!?! I had mine done for $149.89 total. They did a great job, absolutely love it. All it needs is a wash (on the outside) and it will look awesome. I'm hoping to have pics up tommorrow, so stay tuned.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: so I got my tint today - 04/13/06 03:12 AM
i hope these guys gave you warranty..mine came with 5 year warranty..I paid $180
Posted By: KerryKool Re: so I got my tint today - 04/13/06 03:17 AM
Yep, its a lifetime warranty, and they been in the business for 20 years, so I don't think they are leaving anytime soon.

You can ask RandyCSVT, he had his done at the same place for the same price.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: so I got my tint today - 04/13/06 03:29 AM
jesus, 270 for 5 windows? thats nuts.

150 2 mins down the street from me, any %. Good work too!
Posted By: Tourige Re: so I got my tint today - 04/13/06 05:26 AM
Originally posted by Shaggy:

Wow, you're really stupid and arrogant.

Fixed
Posted By: mystiquevltwin Re: so I got my tint today - 04/13/06 05:48 AM

are you 16?

lol...just messin man
Posted By: jtour Re: so I got my tint today - 04/13/06 12:11 PM
PICS!

Posted By: G Stone Re: so I got my tint today - 04/13/06 05:42 PM
nah, it's not too dark, doesn't even matter anyway, you guys think I have a rear view mirror, no, too much bass people, there is none, and there wasn't one after about a week in my old car aswell. so basically i just use the side mirrors all the time, they work better when backing up anyway. but yeah it is really dark in the back and the front is nice too, it goes really well with the red. oh and mcdonnalds HATES me, maybe I'll tell ya why later, but lets just say I'm not allowed into all of the mcdonnalds in my town with the exception of one, and that one sucks anyway

What kinda system do you got? Urs may be a lot better than mine, no trying to say anything about that, but mine has never fallen off. Ever! And I think my system is headache loud. Then again I had a friend with a GP and his fell off on hard turns. Whats up with that?
Posted By: Mac Chicken Re: so I got my tint today - 04/14/06 01:03 AM
well I have a few to get to. first off no, I'm not 16, just turned 21 back in sept actually. seccond, the tint is also under full waranty for the life of the vehicle against bubbles, cracking, tearing, scratching, fading, peeling, etc. They also detailed the inside of my car and made it all purdy and stuff that and it's about the best price around this town (the prominent shops do it for around 350) yeah I know it's a rip but I think it's worth it. third, the system is comprised of 3 infinity kappa perfect series 10 inch subs in a fiberglass box driven by a mtx1501D with a xstatic 400 batcap and 0 guage cable.

and I still hate mcdonnalds, I just found out that our mcdonnalds feed us 10,000% more bad trans fat than the mcdonnalds in like denmark and stuff. ummm other than that I repute that I am stupid and ignorant, just trying to explain the hate of mcdonnalds and the normal amusement it causes people that hear the tale. well break time.
Posted By: KerryKool Re: so I got my tint today - 04/14/06 01:43 AM
well I have a few to get to. first off no, I'm not 16, just turned 21 back in sept actually. seccond, the tint is also under full waranty for the life of the vehicle against bubbles, cracking, tearing, scratching, fading, peeling, etc. They also detailed the inside of my car and made it all purdy and stuff that and it's about the best price around this town (the prominent shops do it for around 350) yeah I know it's a rip but I think it's worth it.

You didn't mention about the detail in the price, that makes since. I was thinking of getting mine detailed at the tint place but they were packed and I didn't want to wait any longer.
Posted By: Mac Chicken Re: so I got my tint today - 04/14/06 02:00 AM
yeah sorry bout that, yeah I just dropped my car off at 9 am, walked to work at 1 and got my car on lunch at about 5pm worked out really well. yeah I was supprised, there is another place in town that does a full detail for like $240 so figure 20 bucks for tint is good stuff if you go by my towns supposed retail prices. that and now my car smells like cherries mixed with nasty tint fumes that make me high
© CEG Archives