Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Was thinking of some originality. Instead of painting both the mirko AND CF hood to match the car, what about leaving them both black to match each other as "aero accessories"?

Whadaya Think?
Never thought of that, pretty good idea. You can always paint to match later...
Straight Fugly

earlier this week in pics and vids.
Don't go to the dark side! Body color is never rice. Black chin spoiler/CF hood is too much.
Be hardcore and get it molded into your bumper seamless lines are better Just watch out for the speed bumps curbs and anything over 3inches tall
it doesn't match your cf hood, unless it were cf as well. paint it.
Yeah... you'd have to paint it gun metal grey or something. i just don't see it looking good in my opinion. Unless you did something like mikey boys chop... that *might* look hot... not sure yet. The only thing with doing that is, old people cars and lame cars come in two tone like that. You'll not see a Lexus, ferrari, WRX, or any car that means business in a two tone scheme. Now.... a Century, Windstar/aerostar, F-150.... those will. Don't do it.
Originally posted by LilRedRocket:
lame cars come in two tone like that. You'll not see a Lexus, ferrari, WRX, or any car that means business in a two tone scheme.

Merely making a point.
lame cars come in two tone like that. You'll not see a Lexus, ferrari, WRX, or any car that means business in a two tone scheme.

I've seen plenty of Lexus' with two-tone paint.
Originally posted by EuroTour99:

Merely making a point.

Yes.. I agree... the white box with red "x" is oh sooo sexy.

Originally posted by CSVT1214:

I've seen plenty of Lexus' with two-tone paint.

Mmmmm SEXY!

~Alex
...... OKAY, so there's one exception.

But technically, I was speaking of cars that come from the factory. That Lexus OBVIOUSLY didn't come like that from the factory.
And I say that lexus looks like ass anyway...
...... OKAY, so there's one exception.

But technically, I was speaking of cars that come from the factory. That Lexus OBVIOUSLY didn't come like that from the factory.

On the contrary, Lexus/Toyota have been doing two tone paint for YEARS from the factory.
That Lexus is actually a one off cutom built by Millen motorsports, it is the 'IS430' which is an is300 but the 430's v8 motor.

~Alex
Originally posted by SVT Driver627:
That Lexus is actually a one off cutom built by Millen motorsports, it is the 'IS430' which is an is300 but the 430's v8 motor.

~Alex

You don't say? Hmm I was wondering why they called it that on the "rides" special.
Ever since I saw a blue honda civic with white sideskirts/front lip/back lip this kinda thing has been reserved for ricers. If you did Paint it like the lexus...with body and sideskirts together in a scheme....it might look good...

But that Contour above just looks like he was too lazy to paint it..or didnt have enough money...

I could be driving around right now with a bright white mirko...but yet its in my closet waiting until I can paint it to match...
i think your car would look like it had a bunch of salvage yard pieces on it. [chappell] that sh!t is gross![/chappell]
Whenever I see a car with unpainted body kits or parts, it always makes me think that they cant afford to have them painted. Thats exactly what I thought when I saw the pic of the contour with the black mirko/sideskirts. Its one thing to have a custom 2-tone paint job and another to have an unpainted body kit. Not to put down the owner of that car, its just the way I see it.
Originally posted by Jason43:
Whenever I see a car with unpainted body kits or parts, it always makes me think that they cant afford to have them painted. Thats exactly what I thought when I saw the pic of the contour with the black mirko/sideskirts. Its one thing to have a custom 2-tone paint job and another to have an unpainted body kit. Not to put down the owner of that car, its just the way I see it.

That was Mikey Boy's car, and it was a photoshop(Thank God!).. And I agree, please don't leave the Mirko black, or try and do some 2 tone paint to make it work.. It'll definitely look cheap..

Mark
ugly, dont do it
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
ugly, dont do it

I'm gonna go against the rest of the people in this thread here and say don't do it.

Needs stickers, though. That completes the "I'm totally not painting this" look.

Yup.
Originally posted by SVTatGT:
And I say that lexus looks like ass anyway...

a$$ yes...

a$$ definitely not

That car is hot, though. Who's tour was it, that was painted "similar" to that lexus. Except, the sides were black and the top was red with some greyish lines. Short guy, I belive.. who was it????
Yea, deff dont keep it the "primer black". Paint it to match your svt. Even with a CF hood, it'll look wayyyy better with the Mirko painted.
Originally posted by scottd60:

That's Dope!!

Mark
Posted By: liquidX I got a quote from my bodyshop... - 03/17/05 05:18 PM
Molded and painted Mirko for $150.00. Please let me know if it's a good deal or not. I have checked with some friends and they tell me that that is a job of $200 plus but some second opinions would be nice. Thanks!

XL
That car is hot, though. Who's tour was it, that was painted "similar" to that lexus. Except, the sides were black and the top was red with some greyish lines. Short guy, I belive.. who was it????

I think it was Demons SVT that your referring too, the ONLY contour that is authorized to have a hoodscoop.

His ride is cleeaaannn.

And yah, that cavalier made me just barf...my parents own a blue one...I think ill go buy a body kit....IN DIFFERENT COLORS OOOOOO!
Originally posted by CSVT985:

I think it was Demons SVT that your referring too, the ONLY contour that is authorized to have a hoodscoop.

His ride is cleeaaannn.

And yah, that cavalier made me just barf...my parents own a blue one...I think ill go buy a body kit....IN DIFFERENT COLORS OOOOOO!

I believe it's Speed Demons and it's an SE.. ATX to boot.

Mark
I am the proud new owner of a brand new Mirko Splitter. I figured it's impossible to sport a CF cowl hood without matching body agression. Now let's see what kind of a horrendous shipping ETA I get...
when i was thinking of getting a Mirko, which ive since changed my mind, i was thinking of painting it except for the lip part that sticks out at the bottom. of course, id have to see it in person to be sure. maybe paint that part flat black. make it look like a seperate lip, like what it basically is supposed to be. anyone done this? or similar?
Originally posted by durateX:
I am the proud new owner of a brand new Mirko Splitter. I figured it's impossible to sport a CF cowl hood without matching body agression. Now let's see what kind of a horrendous shipping ETA I get...

I'm in the same boat (Mirko & Cowl hood). I've had my Mirko for over a year now just sitting in the garage. I feel that my car with the cowl hood definitely needs a more aggressive front (Mirko) and also needs something other then stock (spoiler, lip or nothing) in the back. I'm just not feeling the CF1 trunk lid so far though. I need to find a tasteful rear spoiler or small wing of some sort to bring it all together for the total aggresive look I'm going for and not look rice at the same time
This is how it's done...

Stazi, your car is still amazing and i love your new wheels

~Alex
That cars fugly... plus, its slower than an 87 Chrysler Renault K

just playin....
Originally posted by SVT Driver627:
This is how it's done...

~Alex

Like I said, the back does not match the front...toooooo stock out back IMO.
Posted By: The Five-Oh! CF Stuff - 03/18/05 01:38 AM
Just wait until the CF trunklids come out, hopefully they will turn out nicely.

~Alex
Posted By: liquidX Re: CF Stuff - 03/18/05 01:55 PM
Stazi, you can rag on me all you want. Your car is still my car's role model .

And btw guys, I think the back goes perfectly with the front. Maybe a slightly more aggresive wing but that's it. Mirko winglets are also nicely done

I am personally going for the Carbon Creations Bomber

No rice and lips right off the back

XL

Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: CF Stuff - 03/18/05 02:16 PM
Stazi, you can rag on me all you want. Your car is still my car's role model .

And btw guys, I think the back goes perfectly with the front. Maybe a slightly more aggresive wing but that's it. Mirko winglets are also nicely done

I am personally going for the Carbon Creations Bomber

No rice and lips right off the back

XL

Hmm..... no, no I think that wing is rice. the fact that its "universal" and a "wing" makes it rice.
Posted By: liquidX Re: CF Stuff - 03/18/05 02:21 PM
Hmm..... no, no I think that wing is rice. the fact that its "universal" and a "wing" makes it rice.

Looks like a Spoiler to me, whether it were to left CF to match the hood or painted along with the hood to match each other. Better than those aluminum thing-a-magigs out there at least...

XL
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: CF Stuff - 03/18/05 02:26 PM
I've seen worse...

Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: CF Stuff - 03/18/05 02:37 PM

Looks like a Spoiler to me, whether it were to left CF to match the hood or painted along with the hood to match each other. Better than those aluminum thing-a-magigs out there at least...

XL

Just gave my opinion, thats all. I'd have to see in on a tour in person to have a better opinion. I'd trully hold off til the CF trunk lid is done. I think it will look better than people are giving credit.

That cavalier is P.I.M.P. Looks like you can hang your dress shirts from there while your at the laundromat.
Posted By: liquidX Re: No Delay on my Mirko or CF!!!! - 03/18/05 02:43 PM
Yes!!! Got a DHL tracking number on my CF Hood and a "Thanks, we'll ship it right out to you!" Message from Mirko!!! Calling my bodyshop to make my appointment!
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: No Delay on my Mirko or CF!!!! - 03/18/05 10:58 PM
Albert Mirko is a nice guy and prompt on shipping. I got mine sooner then expected.
Posted By: ridered81 Re: No Delay on my Mirko or CF!!!! - 03/20/05 02:20 PM
If I were you, I would go with that wing. I actually think it would look good and I really like it. When we get the carbon fiber trunk lid it would be even better. I say go for it!
Posted By: ContourSVT98 Re: No Delay on my Mirko or CF!!!! - 03/20/05 08:27 PM

RED SEATS!! EEEK!!! Probably my next mod.

-dan
The Carbon Guys CF Cowl hood arrived yesterday in a large, wood-reinforced box with plenty of padding protection. I inspected the box and the packaging and all seems to be well additionally to the hood itself looking of great quality and craftsmanship.

Just waiting on the Mirko front chin lip spoiler to install both components at the same time. I am making an appointment with my bodyshop for the paint match and installation of my Mirko as I type... Can't wait!

XL
© CEG Archives