Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: m!key want to go to the races? - 03/21/04 08:36 PM
AUG. 19-22nd at road america in elkhart lake wisconson. it is the RA-500. Featuring the American Le Mans Series (ALMS), SPEED World Challenge, Touring and GT, Star Mazda, and STRANA (the Super Truck Racing Association of North America) - 18 wheeler cabs!

ticket prices

after watching speed channel the last two days this event is a must see! we are thinking about towing a camper up and spending the entire weekend. for 50 bucks we can take our contours on the track!
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: want to go to the races? - 03/21/04 08:50 PM
I was there last year with a bunch or fellow NECO/CEGers. Good time for sure. The semi's where most impressive, but it was only an exhibition run last year We where there on saturday for qualifying and the speed touring cars challenege. It's actually the coolest to walk the pits, drink beer , and drool over the exotics
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: want to go to the races? - 03/21/04 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:
I was there last year with a bunch or fellow NECO/CEGers. Good time for sure. The semi's where most impressive, but it was only an exhibition run last year We where there on saturday for qualifying and the speed touring cars challenege. It's actually the coolest to walk the pits, drink beer , and drool over the exotics

It was a good time, but its expensive.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: want to go to the races? - 03/21/04 10:34 PM
Originally posted by hetfield:

It was a good time, but its expensive.

BAH!!!! it's only friggin money the memories surely outweigh the cash drinking and expensive cars oh and hotties too
Posted By: m!key Re: want to go to the races? - 03/21/04 10:56 PM
agreed tony. i would like to start making this a yearly trip. this and the EAA fly-in in oshkosh the first week in august would make for some great mini vacations. we went to oshkosh every year till i was in highschool. ahhhhhhhh, the memories.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: want to go to the races? - 03/21/04 11:03 PM
I've never been to the EAA fly in, but I've heard it's the bomb! I have friends that are big into powered parachutes, ultralites, etc. yeah I really need to go to the races up there again. We could very easily make it another meet. The NECO guys would surely be down for it too!!! We brought a grill and cooked up there too brats and beer yummy Well we'll have to make this another August meet then. Damn the whole month of August is gonna be sweet. With races, bdays etc
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: want to go to the races? - 03/22/04 01:30 PM
This sounds really cool......depending on how much.....i would be willing to go.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: want to go to the races? - 03/22/04 02:30 PM
I think last year I paid $20 to get me and my car in.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: want to go to the races? - 03/22/04 02:34 PM

Sounds good enough for me..... I WANNA RACE ON THAT TRACK!!!!
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: want to go to the races? - 03/23/04 02:24 AM
Originally posted by LoCoZ:

Sounds good enough for me..... I WANNA RACE ON THAT TRACK!!!!

That'll cost alot more to get a pace lap....
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: want to go to the races? - 03/23/04 04:42 AM
That'll cost alot more to get a pace lap....

Do you remember what they were charging? All I can recall is that I couldn't afford it.
Posted By: m!key Re: want to go to the races? - 03/23/04 05:28 AM
50 bucks. like i said in the original post.

man that would be great. i am sure as sh** that they will have a professional photographer out there getting pics of each car that they will sell you at a balloned rate.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: want to go to the races? - 03/23/04 10:26 AM
Yeah but you don't get to go very fast at all. Just kinda cruise the track.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: want to go to the races? - 03/23/04 07:21 PM
That's why you got here for an open track day when you can run it as hard as you want.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: want to go to the races? - 03/24/04 06:24 PM
Yeah but you don't get to go very fast at all. Just kinda cruise the track.

Good enough for me!
Posted By: m!key Re: want to go to the races? - 06/17/04 03:47 AM
i am getting my tickets this week. i just wanted to remind anyone that wanted to go.
Posted By: 99SVT666 Re: want to go to the races? - 06/17/04 04:10 AM
I went two years ago and it was AWESOME! ALMS racing is the best. WOuld this be a meet up at a parking lot and everyone cruise up there sort of deal? Not that its gonna stop me if the price is high, but how much will this thing cost. last time i think it was like 45 bucks or seomthing for a full pass pit lanes and all!
Posted By: m!key Re: want to go to the races? - 06/17/04 04:15 AM
here are the ticket prices for various events. i am going the whole weekend i think and camping there. we can always meet up at the race itself if everyone is going to be arriving at different times.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: want to go to the races? - 06/17/04 12:44 PM
I might be road tripping to Road Atlanta for the Petit LeMans. Sept. 22-25. This is the one JVT & everyone attends. If I don't I'll be in WI.

http://www.roadatlanta.com/events.lasso?-database=road_events&-layout=ev_2&-response=eventdetail.lasso&-recordID=10&-search
Posted By: Frosty Re: want to go to the races? - 06/17/04 04:43 PM
I don't live too far away from there. I just went for the first time to their tailgate party/open house last month and it was fun as hell!!! Hotties is right, and there really wasn't alot of racing goin on! It was more like a car show, but there were fine ladies everywhere!!!! That was so much fun. I'll have to see if I have the money to go... I was thinkin about it!
Posted By: hrsepwrdrms Re: want to go to the races? - 06/17/04 07:23 PM
Mike don't forget about June 27th, be at my place like around 9:15 or 9:30.
Posted By: m!key Re: want to go to the races? - 06/17/04 10:28 PM
charlie i will be there on the 27th early! this race is in august.

todd, i am way cooler than JVT so just come to WI and watch the races the whole weekend.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: want to go to the races? - 06/17/04 11:01 PM
Elkhart Lake was the bomb!!! Staying all weekend would be crazy way too much drinking If anyone has a golf cart bring it!!!!! We need to look into that because there where golf carts, bikes etc all over the place. [censored] you can drive your car almost anywhere on the premises. It was a very good time...just bring your sunblock if it's sunny out. And alot of cold beer
Posted By: Frosty Re: want to go to the races? - 06/18/04 05:16 PM
What about the peeps who are under 21? Guess I'll just have to go hunting for ladies!!!
Posted By: 99SVT666 Re: want to go to the races? - 06/19/04 04:08 AM
Quote:

Yes, go for the ladies, and drink anyway!
Posted By: Pole120 Re: want to go to the races? - 06/19/04 05:16 AM
the plan was to have the WI-IL supermeet 2 the 21'st of august....why not just make this into "WI-IL superWEEKEND 1" @ RA. i live like 20 minutes away and know the area.....i'm all about this especially hanging out for a couple days.

i'ld bring my kart if i had a way to get it there with the tour (i race karts on thursday nights in elkhart...not that anyone cares but if i could bring it to cruise around the grounds that'ld be fun)

everyones got golfkarts and crap, it'ld be fun to blow by em @ about 45mph
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: want to go to the races? - 06/19/04 07:14 AM
Originally posted by pole120:
the plan was to have the WI-IL supermeet 2 the 21'st of august....why not just make this into "WI-IL superWEEKEND 1" @ RA. i live like 20 minutes away and know the area.....i'm all about this especially hanging out for a couple days.

i'ld bring my kart if i had a way to get it there with the tour (i race karts on thursday nights in elkhart...not that anyone cares but if i could bring it to cruise around the grounds that'ld be fun)

everyones got golfkarts and crap, it'ld be fun to blow by em @ about 45mph

Hmmm sounds like the Dmax needs to come up there is it a shifter cart? \By the way do they let ATV's up there? if so I'll bring my 450R
Posted By: Pole120 Re: want to go to the races? - 06/19/04 01:23 PM
nope...not a shifter(i wish), i don't know about atv's.....i think they do, check their website.
Posted By: Frosty Re: want to go to the races? - 06/22/04 05:40 PM
Originally posted by 99SVT666:
Quote:

Yes, go for the ladies, and drink anyway!

Ok, but I'll have to warn you, I've never drank before, so there will probably be a ralphing session afterwards ...and then the laughter at a newbie drinker ...... Or maybe I'll just find some ladies I do like the weekend idea anyways.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: want to go to the races? - 06/22/04 06:04 PM
well....i'm in for the whole weekend, like i said before forget supermeet2 on the 21'st and just do a whole weekend of contours(our cars and the ones on the ladies), racing, and maybe even a little drinking(in moderation of course)....

who else is in, i have no idea how to do a poll, so if someone can set one up to guage interest on the weekend that'ld be great.
Posted By: Frosty Re: want to go to the races? - 06/23/04 06:06 PM
I'd be in for a whole weekend too, but I also want to race my tour against my friends '04 Cav. I'd do it on the streets, but I have 2 speeding tickets this year, so one more and i'm done driving legally for a while. Maybe we could do both, but on diff. dates???
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: want to go to the races? - 08/03/04 02:07 AM
Just kinda wondering whos all still down for this? I'd like to go watch them again this year.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: want to go to the races? - 08/03/04 02:12 AM
Just kinda wondering whos all still down for this? I'd like to go watch them again this year.

That is the same weekend as the track meet.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: want to go to the races? - 08/03/04 02:14 AM
We could go on Sunday.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: want to go to the races? - 08/03/04 01:00 PM
This Sunday I'm free and want to show off my new mods
Posted By: Frosty Re: want to go to the races? - 08/03/04 05:35 PM
I'm free sunday and I've got a few new mods. My car looks like crap on the exterior tho cause I hit a gravel pile last fall and I got rear-ended last week right by my house. Those will all be fixed by the end of the year... We should meet in sheboygan and drive out there. Do we stay overnite and camp out on the grounds??? I've only been there for daytime stuff...
Posted By: m!key Re: want to go to the races? - 08/03/04 09:41 PM
i am going the whole 5 days or 4 at least. pm me for my cell number if you are planning on heading up. we can either meet up there or on the way. roooooooooom rooooooooom!
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: want to go to the races? - 08/03/04 11:05 PM
I don't know when I'll be going up and with who???? But I would really like to go up for at least one day. If i can do more thats cool too. if I sleep over I'll stay in my truck or sleep on the ground next few weekends I'm probably busy at work. But I'm gonna keep that weekend open.
© CEG Archives