Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Saturday, August 26!

http://www.28thstreetmetrocruise.com/

Registration info page.

CEGers unite! This had a spectacular turnout last year. We need some Contours there this year. We need to set up to meet up in the Roger's Plaza area which had most of the activity last year.
I'll prolly go, sounds like a good time. Gonna have to get up at the ass crack to get there and get a good spot huh. Do they play the bad music there also lol
Haha. Don't recall music.
Good I dont know if I could take a full day of that crap again
I'll have music going... Neil Diamond and Barry Manilow sound good?!?!
I will be there. Sounds like a good time.

At this big of an event, i think we can pick our own music, its a cruise, if they don't like it, they can drive somewhere else.
Well the cruise part I think they want mainly old cars. We're going to be there for the parking and watching aspect.
This year, Rogers Plaza lot will be for the Antiques. Woodland Mall lot will have the Customs/Hot Rods. I gleaned this from the southsidestreetcars.org site, they are involved in organizing. Last year we had over 4500 cars, this year they are expecting over 10,000 cars, a lowrider jumping contest, and possibly a burnout competition. They are also trying to organize a cruise down the East Beltline, Friday night Aug. 25. There has also been talk of trying to get Car Craft to cover the Metro Cruise.

I will be cruising, but with my Datsun.
Good to know. Thanks for the info!
Got registered and ready to roll. Damn, I think I've taken my car out of storage more than the past two years.
Is anybody getting judged?
Go for it.
Looks like we're meeting up at the Sears lot at Woodland Mall.
So who is all coming to this? Me, Todd and Mike?
Meeting up with some SHO peeps too. Mike is working. Maybe I can get Hendel to come out... of the closet.
What about Kenny? So it is gonna be me and you and a couple SHO guys?
He's going to his g/f's. Hendel might bring his dad's vette out.
And why are you asking. I'd go even if I wasn't meeting with anyone. I'll be heading to Fox Ford around noon. Sears @ Woodland is no longer the spot.

The following is a list of the organized parking areas:

Mazda Miata Club is setting up at Borgman Ford Mazda
Pontiac Club is setting up at Grand Buick Pontiac
Discount Tire hosting Open Cruiser Parking.
AutoZone Wyoming is hosting Open Cruiser Parking
W. MI Transmission on W 28th Street Open Cruiser Parking
Marge's Donut Den Stop by Marge's for an AWESOME All-Day Party!
Classic Chevrolet hosting Low-Riders
Studio 28 hosting Open Cruiser Parking. Party on the Pavement from 6PM to 10PM Saturday!
Wyoming City Hall is hosting a Law Enforcement Vehicle Display & Hospitality Chalet. See the new Million-Dollar Mobile Command Center from the MI State Police!
Huntington Bank Wyoming hosting Open Cruiser Parking
Rogers Plaza - Antiques, Any restored car built 1960 and before - A judged competition for $15 entry fee
Rogers Dept Store hosting Open Cruiser Parking
Williams Furniture hosting Rad Rods & Open Cruiser Parking
Courtesy Dodge hosting Dodge Cruiser Parking (they have a Shuttle Stop)
555 Auto Center hosting the W Michigan Mustang Club
Woody's Cone Stop hosting Open Cruiser Parking
Highland Chrysler hosting Forever MoPar Club
Pietro's is hosting Imports and the Michiana Italian Imports Club
Berger Chevrolet is hosting their ALL-Chevy Show
Harvey Hummer is hosting an MG Club (the MG guy lives in Ada) and the Cadillac LaSalle Club
Sears Auto Center hosting the Hot Rods, et al - Cars built after 1960 and any car that has been modified or customized - A judged competition for $15 entry fee
Barstools & More (Woodpoint Crossings on E Beltline just north of 28th St.) hosting Open Cruiser Parking
FOX Ford is hosting Ford parking
Fruit Basket Flowerland Kentwood hosting Open Cruiser Parking
COSTCO hosting Open Cruiser Parking
MEIJER's Cascade hosting Open Cruiser Parking
Huntington Bank Cascade hosting Open Cruiser Parking
Pal's Diner hosting Open Cruiser Parking

ok, I'll cya there... I have to work tomorrow morning, but I should be without issues.
Saw a sharp T-red CSVT cruisin Saturday. Driver and I nodded to each other. I was in my brown 280ZX with the 355sbc. I'm sure the CSVT was from here.
That would be me.
Originally posted by spdsk8r:
Saw a sharp T-red CSVT cruisin Saturday. I'm sure the CSVT was from here.

it had the official rims of the ceg. how could it not be from here.
Yea but do you ever see them in your area? I don't so I don't care. And they flow with the lines of the car and are open to show off the brakes. Also most of the peeps that had them sold them off.
Pics are up in Pics & Vids. BTW the Z looked great.
© CEG Archives