Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: lauraq_dup1 It's Time - 06/07/06 03:50 PM
Well the time has come. I will be at 400,000 k within the month. I am at 395,000 right now.
Posted By: SVT3Rivieres Re: It's Time - 06/07/06 03:53 PM
is it still the original engine or just the car ?
Posted By: lauraq_dup1 Re: It's Time - 06/07/06 07:08 PM
Originally posted by SVT3Rivieres:
is it still the original engine or just the car ?

It certainly is.

Pretty much most of the big items are still all original. Trust me the car is not perfect by any means. I did the clutch and the third gear syncro about 2 years ago. I was around 300K when I did those.

If I had the money I would get all the little things fixed and make all the noises go away but that will all come in time. As long as the motor is still good I will put money into the car.

Posted By: The1stAcekiller Re: It's Time - 06/07/06 08:27 PM
lets all chip in so Laura gets her ride updated!
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: It's Time - 06/07/06 11:29 PM
i would...but fixing my car comes first...sorry Laura

Wesley
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: It's Time - 06/07/06 11:37 PM
Originally posted by 1FASTDAD:

Wesley

I say we grenade your engine then swap in a 3L . Wait that goes for you to Laura .

Aaron
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: It's Time - 06/07/06 11:53 PM
Originally posted by SVT SNOB:
Originally posted by 1FASTDAD:

Wesley

I say we grenade your engine then swap in a 3L . Wait that goes for you to Laura .

Aaron

NO Lauras engine must remain...its her car that will let the rest of us know how far the engine COULD go if treated right.

Wesley
Posted By: bigerik Re: It's Time - 06/08/06 01:24 AM
Damn!
Makes me feel really crappy for looking at getting rid of mine with only 160K on it....
Posted By: lauraq_dup1 Re: It's Time - 06/08/06 04:33 PM
I have no desire to up grade my car. I bought the car cause I liked what it had and am quite happy with it the way it is. I also like having things are a unique and well there are less and less contours on the road each day so mine is getting more and more unique each day.

My car is basically stock (with a few minor up grades). I am of the opinion that why change a good thing if I like the good thing.

Yes Erik, my car was barely broken in at 160K
Posted By: MazTour Re: It's Time - 06/13/06 02:03 PM
That's awesome Laura! My Duratec was still running strong just shy of 301 000km when it's 2nd tranny decided to crap out.

I wonder what the current resale value of your car would be with 400k on it?
Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: It's Time - 06/13/06 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Hugh G. Wrekshunn:
I wonder what the current resale value of your car would be with 400k on it?

$1
Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: It's Time - 06/13/06 03:18 PM
lol, I actually tried to get the black book on the car. It says, and I'm not making this up "Valid range is 1000Km to 299999Km"

so I put 299,999...

Year Make Model Series Body Style
1998 Ford Contour SVT 4D Sedan V6

Based on the kilometers entered
and the options selected, your vehicle's classification
is appraised as: Classification Unavailable.

Depending on your vehicle's condition, the value may be appraised within the High and Low range. * less Reconditioning Costs

Low: $0.00 High: $0.00

Reconditioning Cost

Most vehicles require at least some form of reconditioning. Even if that reconditioning only consists of a professional detailing or cleaning before the vehicle is sold.

All dealers inspect and test for appearance and performance. All mechanical parts requiring service to bring them as close to specifications as possible are serviced. The paint and upholstery is restored to like-new condition. Window chips, scratches, dents or any other item on the vehicle that may need attention, needs to be corrected by the dealer before that vehicle can be sold. The estimated cost for this work is the reconditioning and detailing cost the dealer must subtract from the value of your vehicle.

The values given here do not account for this deduction. You must consider the level of repairs or any other expenses the dealer may incur in the course of re-selling your vehicle.

hahahah!
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: It's Time - 06/13/06 03:59 PM
Laura I want a black E0 I think you should sell me your car . I will pay way above the book value Keith posted lol.

Aaron
Posted By: lauraq_dup1 Re: It's Time - 06/13/06 06:23 PM
Well the car is worth a heck of a lot more to me than that.

Well I could lie about the mileage because the speedo does only read just over 25k
Posted By: lauraq_dup1 Re: It's Time - 06/13/06 06:24 PM
Laura I want a black E0 I think you should sell me your car . I will pay way above the book value Keith posted lol.

Aaron

Aaron, you will just have to go somewhere else. I'm keeping her. Unless of course you make me an offer I can't refuse, like enough to buy a new fusion.

Like thats gonna happen.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: It's Time - 06/13/06 06:25 PM
That would work as long as the service records are not looked up .

Aaron
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: It's Time - 06/13/06 07:16 PM
Originally posted by lauraq:

Aaron

Aaron, you will just have to go somewhere else. I'm keeping her. Unless of course you make me an offer I can't refuse, like enough to buy a new fusion.

Like thats gonna happen.

HAHA how about enough to put a very nice down payment for that Fusion as well as a deal on the Fusion.

Aaron
PS blk/blue E0 is a pain to find.
© CEG Archives