Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 What would you do... - 05/08/06 03:00 AM
If you were choosing between an 06 Subaru STI or an 06 350Z Grand Touring?

For me the STI is faster and more practical, but the 350Z has that timeless look that will never get old.

What's your thoughts?
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: What would you do... - 05/08/06 03:12 AM
scooby. Love the motor and the styling.

The tree fiddy looks sweet and is a deffinite performer, but I still like my 4 doors!
Posted By: SVT3Rivieres Re: What would you do... - 05/08/06 03:53 AM
the 350 will alway look young will be more conforable and will probably be cheaper on maintenance on the long run.

but the STI is a raw beast ! a practicle 4 door ! You can have fun in winter !

Both of them have big aftermarket.

have to admit that it a hard choice. what is the price comparaison ??
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: What would you do... - 05/08/06 03:56 AM
Honestly, I think the STi is ugly

For that reason I'd go with the 350Z. You can put some money into it and make it as fast as the Sti, but I'm not sure if anything can make the Sti as sexy as the 350

my .02
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: What would you do... - 05/08/06 03:56 AM
Damn Evan that is a tough choice. The STi is a nice practicle 4dr that can be driven all year round and you can pack lost of stuff in it. The only donw side is it does look a bit boy racerish but at least it has teh power to back it up. The 350 is classy and will not get old, but it's not as practicle. For practicality reason I would go with the STi.

Aaron
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: What would you do... - 05/08/06 04:08 AM
Price wise they will cost me the same (and below dealer list).

As for making the 350 faster, that's what I am looking to get away from. I've had my run with modding for now and moving onto other things (restoration projects).

Overall I'm just torn right now. One thing that I am concerned with about the STI is cost of ownership. There's just soo many electrical systems in there that I don't want to get stuck with a problem child once the ESP runs out. The 350 may not be any better but I do know the sales manager and have been at the track with the owner a few times (I actually went for a "test" drive in his own 350 a few weeks back)
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: What would you do... - 05/08/06 04:42 AM
Originally posted by timeless420:

For me the STI is faster and more practical, but the 350Z has that timeless look that will never get old.

What's your thoughts?

Go with the 01+ Z06
Posted By: BrianW Re: What would you do... - 05/08/06 12:15 PM
STi is my choice.

Find someone with a stock 2.5RS of the same colour. Swap the trunk lid, hood and front bumper. Get a front mount intercooler...BAM...crazy sleeper. That's exactly what I would do if I ever get one. You could even charge the 2.5RS owner a few extra bucks for the swap.

Enjoy which ever you get!
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: What would you do... - 05/08/06 12:54 PM
Originally posted by 96BlackSE:
Originally posted by timeless420:

What's your thoughts?

Go with the 01+ Z06

I'm not buying used. Looking for a nice long factory warranty I can abuse.
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: What would you do... - 05/08/06 12:55 PM
Originally posted by BrianW:
STi is my choice.

Find someone with a stock 2.5RS of the same colour. Swap the trunk lid, hood and front bumper. Get a front mount intercooler...BAM...crazy sleeper. That's exactly what I would do if I ever get one. You could even charge the 2.5RS owner a few extra bucks for the swap.

Enjoy which ever you get!

I was already thinking of the trunk swap from WRX or something, but the front and rear bumpers will stay.

STI is in the lead for me but I'm trying not to rush into it even though I have a good deal on the table now
Posted By: The1stAcekiller Re: What would you do... - 05/08/06 02:03 PM
STI all the way..

STI more practical, you can drive it in the winter, 4 doors more room.. etc

350Z.. Ugly unless you shave off the dumbo sized door handles.. ugly body kits.. ugly mods and Zero practicality..

if it was a fair comparison it would be between Infinity G35 and STI

I've seen tons of G35's with Winter Tires booting to work in the winter
... 350z Zero

but hey thats my opinion

cheers
Martin
Posted By: touredon Re: What would you do... - 05/08/06 08:12 PM
Originally posted by The1stAcekiller:
STI all the way..

<snip>
if it was a fair comparison it would be between Infinity G35 and STI

<snip>

this is a much more fair comparision of an apple and an orange.

The STI you can still live with as a DD. I've rode in both a 350, and an STI... the 350, is cramped, no storage space, outward visibility esp. towards the sides is poor... I didn�t think the quality of interior materials was on par with say an audi or even vw... not by a long shot... kinda reminded me of a Tupperware party in there. Overall I felt that the 350 was more chaff than wheat. (I was really disappointed by it, since I was really looking forward to its release.)
the sti on the other hand... can you ask for more space in what amounts to a detuned WRC car?? Wickedly fast, takes well to mods, 4 season use, and will likely retain it's resale value over the 350 (debatable i know).. Now if we were talking about a G35... looks alone would be a huge factor, that car being so pretty n all...
I'm sure it'd be fast enough if mods are not a priority and IMO WAY more car than the 350... price is an issue here tho I�m sure.

Whichever you choose, you'll be in fine company.

j.
Posted By: GapBoyPCS_dup1 Re: What would you do... - 05/09/06 11:47 PM
I also vote for the STi, mainly for the practicality.

Besides, how long will you be keeping the vehicle? You'll probably get more used buyers for an STi because of the practicality angle. At least with the higher gas prices people might be more willing to splurge on something that can double in taking kids back and forth from school.
© CEG Archives