Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: ValCor_dup1 I got Spammed via this Forum! - 07/27/06 05:30 PM
The spammer got wind of my tranny problems from my post the other day and offered to help. Grrrrrr! Death to all spammers!
Posted By: ValCor_dup1 Re: I got Spammed via this Forum! - 07/27/06 05:34 PM
BTW the spammer is:
Haines Motor Sports Inc [mailto: secondline@ameritech.net]
Anyone know them?
Posted By: Beans_dup1 Re: I got Spammed via this Forum! - 07/27/06 05:36 PM
Terry haines... hes the guy who helped build the contour tranny, now he rebuilds them, thats not a spammer.. he justs wants to fix your tranny.. but hes in michigan.. so..
Posted By: Matty K Re: I got Spammed via this Forum! - 07/27/06 05:37 PM
Um... he's the tranny god. He emailed me too, with free advice. He's going to be rebuilding mine once we pull it.
Posted By: ValCor_dup1 Re: I got Spammed via this Forum! - 07/27/06 06:02 PM
Well I'll be darned! He could have introduced himself and told me who he is. The English was so bad I thought he was from a third world country. My reply was not a nice one. If I had known I would have sent a different message. Oh well!
yeah when I posted in the trans. forum about the diff, he emailed me and was helping me try to figure out what was going on with the car. He has his own section over on the fordcontour.org site.
Posted By: ScottK Re: I got Spammed via this Forum! - 07/27/06 10:02 PM
Originally posted by ValCor:
The English was so bad I thought he was from a third world country.

IIRC he's from england, but does get pretty 'terse' in his posts

"'nuff said" lol
Posted By: ValCor_dup1 Re: I got Spammed via this Forum! - 07/28/06 01:35 AM
Terry Haines,
I'm sorry for my nasty gram to you. I thought you was a spammer and I DETEST SPAMMERS! I take back all that I said, especially the remark about the goat. Thanks for offering to help me. I had no idea it was YOU! Please forgive my ignorance. I wish to humbly apologize.
Posted By: Speed Demons_dup1 Re: I got Spammed via this Forum! - 07/28/06 06:30 AM
Terry Haines,
I'm sorry for my nasty gram to you. I thought you was a spammer and I DETEST SPAMMERS! I take back all that I said, especially the remark about the goat. Thanks for offering to help me. I had no idea it was YOU! Please forgive my ignorance. I wish to humbly apologize.

Haha This is to funny. Valcor you've been around long enough to know Terry's name. I think we all owe alot to him. (As well as other on this forum).
Posted By: muntus Re: I got Spammed via this Forum! - 07/28/06 06:47 AM
I swear this has to be a joke, right?

You got spammed by the one person in the world who can make your transmission bulletproof. He just did mine, but I had to spam him.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: I got Spammed via this Forum! - 07/28/06 02:03 PM
LMFAO!
Posted By: ElKy Re: I got Spammed via this Forum! - 07/28/06 03:20 PM
classic!
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: I got Spammed via this Forum! - 07/28/06 03:22 PM
LMAO!!

This is better than the guy leaving for SZ a week early.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: I got Spammed via this Forum! - 07/28/06 05:43 PM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
LMAO!!

haha I like this thread
Posted By: ValCor_dup1 Re: I got Spammed via this Forum! - 07/28/06 07:33 PM
There was no way to tell it was THE Terry Haines from the message, even when I clicked on the link. Yeah, I've seen his name on the forums here and there, but it ain't like I took any particular notice of it. Again, he should have introduced himself or at least identified himself in some way; but that was not the case so I let him have it. He's probably laughing about it becase I called him a spammer and in a way, HE IS! Unsolicited emails offering to sell you something is spam.
Posted By: ValCor_dup1 Re: I got Spammed via this Forum! - 07/31/06 07:19 PM
I email Terry Hains and apologized. We are cool now.
Posted By: Toadster_dup1 Re: I got Spammed via this Forum! - 08/01/06 06:07 AM
I email Terry Hains and apologized. We are cool now.

hey ValCor! great thread
Posted By: svt4stv Re: I got Spammed via this Forum! - 08/01/06 06:20 AM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
LMAO!!

wtf was that?
Posted By: svt4b Re: I got Spammed via this Forum! - 08/07/06 06:13 PM
you know you dont have to send your trans to fuc*in michigan and pay way too much to get it fixed. its just a contour. i'm not sure if i would consider terry haines to be "a god". he knows our trannys but he's also a businessman plain and simple....they have those in california believe it or not
Posted By: path914 Re: I got Spammed via this Forum! - 08/07/06 11:02 PM
Originally posted by svt4b:
you know you dont have to send your trans to fuc*in michigan and pay way too much to get it fixed. its just a contour. i'm not sure if i would consider terry haines to be "a god". he knows our trannys but he's also a businessman plain and simple....they have those in california believe it or not

While that is true, the tranny in our car is not exactly one that most tranny shops see on a regular basis and even if they do know how to fix it labor rates are often quoted in the 10-12 hour range. Terry at least is extremely familiar with our car and has upgrades that no one else uses. If you can deal with his "attitude" then he is probably the best person you will find to do the work and he is fairly reasonable in how much he charges.

YMMV and at least two guys who used to be local have worked on their own trannys, so it just depends on your priorities. I don't think someone can be blamed for using the best resources possible if they can afford it...
Posted By: muntus Re: I got Spammed via this Forum! - 08/07/06 11:32 PM
Originally posted by path914:

I'd like to see one shop in CA that has rebuilt a couple hundred MTX-75 transmissions or offer the various upgrades that Haines Motorsports does.

My transmission cost $78 to ship, $400 for labor, and $84 to ship back. How much is labor per hour in CA?

And although I wouldn't say he was a "god" either, I do agree with you that he is a businessman. His business is expanding into the supercar realm with MMT6 transmissions for the Noble and developing the MTX-75 to mate up to the Hayabusa V8.

But who cares anyway, right?
its just a contour.

Posted By: RawBurt Re: I got Spammed via this Forum! - 08/08/06 03:12 AM
Oh god I'm dying!
Posted By: svt4b Re: I got Spammed via this Forum! - 08/12/06 04:22 AM
i agree that dude knows our tranny but it in my 3+ years on these forums it seems that people become fixated on the advice or workings of only a few specific individuals that are seen as "gods" across the boards. it doesnt seem practical when all thats really being "beefed" up are just ford revisions anyway with the exception of adding an LSD. why does it take someone clear across the country to do this?

i will agree that the money and time spent on problems with my own car has been a love hate battle and has left me fairly salty...so my apologies for being cynical, but its in my nature to play devil's advocate
Posted By: path914 Re: I got Spammed via this Forum! - 08/12/06 04:05 PM
it doesnt seem practical when all thats really being "beefed" up are just ford revisions anyway with the exception of adding an LSD. why does it take someone clear across the country to do this?

This is the part that is not quite accurate... Although, I tend to agree with much of what you are saying, it is a fact that Terry offers upgrades that no one else does. He has a solution for the broken shift tower bolts that does not require you to buy a new focus one, he offers a "bulldog" upgrade that IIRC supplies more oil to the tranny, he adds roller bearings to some of the shift linkages, and he offers some sort of coating for the syncro gears.

This is just what I remember off the top of my head, there may be more as well. All that, plus the fact that he specializes in our trannys and has worked on hundreds, if not thousands of them through the years, is why he is so highly recommended.
Posted By: muntus Re: I got Spammed via this Forum! - 08/12/06 09:07 PM
He also welds up the cases in areas that are proned to breakage for race applications.

There are other upgrades, but that's the point. The upgrades he offers are not off the shelf items that you can get through BAT or Bill Jenkins.
© CEG Archives