Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Matty K God hates SoCal. - 07/24/06 06:23 AM
Clearly.

Ridiculous temperatures, power emergencies, thunderstorms, explosions in Santa Monica, humidity, protests and rallies due to the middle east.... I'm just waiting for a 9.5 earthquake to top it all off.

On a random sidenote, due to going to five stores that were SOLD OUT of fans, coupled with the above conditions and the fact that we don't have A/C, I'm officially declaring summer of '06 the Summer of the Apocolypse. Steve, Ary, John.... stay inside. Please.

...I really don't want to drive into NoHo tomorrow.

Anyhow, thoughts?
Posted By: svt4stv Re: God hates SoCal. - 07/24/06 07:08 AM
hey it wasnt tooo bad today. i was outside working on cars at John's house and woodland hills is one of the valley's hotspots! sat was the killer

did you try home depot or a fan? theyve usually got tons of them. i dont have a/c either. lousy fans are just blowin hot air around.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: God hates SoCal. - 07/24/06 07:27 AM
It was around 110 yesterday in san jose. Set some records around the bay. I think if you need a cheap fix for the heat, buy a blow up pool and sleep in it all day I did that and turned my hot tub heater off to make it a cool 80 degrees.

I dont have a/c either so it helps also to have a girlfriend who has her a/c at 72 all day.
Posted By: 111R Re: God hates SoCal. - 07/24/06 04:46 PM
i hear you guys are roasting out there in socal! right now i am in boston and its beauuuuuutiful 80ish with clear skies
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: God hates SoCal. - 07/24/06 10:27 PM
well aren't you lucky!!! yeah up north hasn't been to great either, I have been to quite a few stores and no fans sitting on the shelves. I think I am just going to sit and watch hockey and people skating around at the ice rink and stay
Posted By: RRT_SVT Re: God hates SoCal. - 07/25/06 04:41 AM
i am in calexico today was 50cdegrees 36 dead persons in the weekend for the hottest days of summer all in mexicali mexico my a/c all the day is att 80 in my house and in my job att 75 and we eat pizza (delivered)because nobody want to eat out of the office and my svt is a sauna machine i will thanks ford for the leather seat in summer
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: God hates SoCal. - 07/25/06 05:41 AM
Matty,

I feel for you. This last winter we finally installed A/C in our home. It really helped Saturday when I was home.

It rained on me tonight. Really hard. I'm in Augusta, GA for most of the week. It has been cooler here than home. Last week I was in Houston and Dallas. It was nearly as hot as home, but much more humid.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: God hates SoCal. - 07/27/06 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Big Jim:
but much more humid.

Haha, come to the midwest! That feeling of not being able to breathe because of humidity is just awesome!

Mark
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: God hates SoCal. - 07/27/06 03:54 PM
God hates brown people, thats why they all are getting bombed
Posted By: Steeda. Re: God hates SoCal. - 07/27/06 04:55 PM
Originally posted by ????¯?¬?¬?º:
God hates brown people, thats why they all are getting bombed

God hates brown people becuase they are stupid and attack SUPERPOWERS if you really must know
Posted By: Matty K Re: God hates SoCal. - 07/27/06 05:04 PM
Um, hi. This post is about weather conditions in Southern California. Kindly see your ways out.

Sincerely,
Matty K
Posted By: Steeda. Re: God hates SoCal. - 07/27/06 05:09 PM
Heres a hint. Its too hot in Southern Cal, Hmmm maybe MOVE!!!!! Not like its known to be a cool place.

Sincerly,

STEEDASVT!
Posted By: Fmr12B_dup1 Re: God hates SoCal. - 07/27/06 05:17 PM
Just got back from a nice 5-day business trip in Chicago. Holy crap was that humidity stifling. Went to a Cubs game and took the L, never had I sweat so much in my life while standing 2-stories underground in a non-air conditioned subway tunnel. Worth it though as I got to see Clemens & Maddox

Relief came later in the week after a few thunderstorms blew out the heat. I spent the weekeed at my buddy's house as he owns a home on a lake. The only time I felt good was jumping off his boat and floating in the water.

I'll take our brief California heat waves over the midwest's stifling heat any-day

Posted By: Matty K Re: God hates SoCal. - 07/27/06 05:42 PM
You know what I love? Talking [censored] after posting off-topic in a regional forum other than my own. It makes sense!

Anywho, yeah, it'll be business as usual once this wave is over, I'm just having nasty flashbacks to the humidity I lived with growing up in NJ. I spent some time in Chicago, though, and yes.... ick.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: God hates SoCal. - 07/27/06 08:15 PM
It is finally cooling off up here in Nor-Cal. but for a while we were setting records for the bay area with the heat. Glad thats starting to end!
Posted By: bradSVT Re: God hates SoCal. - 07/28/06 05:53 PM
Ya the heat up here is fine now. I finished with my engine on the last 100 degree day. The back of my neck hurts because of a bad burn.

I hope San Diego is cool when I get down there in two weeks.

But ya I will always take the weather in California over most other places.
Posted By: BillyT_dup1 Re: God hates SoCal. - 07/28/06 08:11 PM
Its chilly here today.
Posted By: path914 Re: God hates SoCal. - 07/29/06 01:36 AM
I can't wait until I'm up in SF in another month or so. It has been really warm down here lately even near the coast where I live. I'm hoping it will be cooler in SF. The exact opposite of bradSVT
Posted By: bradSVT Re: God hates SoCal. - 07/29/06 01:38 AM
Originally posted by path914:
I can't wait until I'm up in SF in another month or so. It has been really warm down here lately even near the coast where I live. I'm hoping it will be cooler in SF. The exact opposite of bradSVT

haha ya that is funny. You will be shocked at teh climate change when you move to SF. It will be COLD most of your life now. I guess it depends where you live to find out how cold you will be, but I suggest lots of pants and jackets.
Posted By: path914 Re: God hates SoCal. - 07/29/06 01:43 AM
I actually used to live in SF in the late 90's near Presidio Park. This time I will be moving up near SFSU. I'm looking forward to the cooler weather as I like it COLD, 50's-60's is perfect for me, the fiancee however will have to buy lots of warmer clothes as she is always cold (crazy women...)
© CEG Archives