Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: wp_master Rise from the ashes... - 07/29/04 11:39 PM
Hey everyone, I joined CEG sometime last year and posted a few pics of my Contour, but soon after was in a bad accident with the death of another SVT. (RIP) I broke both legs and my right hip in the process, but survived. I'm grateful everyday to still be here.

Just recently I started driving again, lo and behold, got another Contour SVT! It saved my life once, why not again?(Hopefully won't have to). So just wanted to say hi again, and here's a link to my car domain, would love to get some input!

http://members.cardomain.com/wp_master

Glad to be back.

-Arjuna
Posted By: Speed Demons_dup1 Re: Rise from the ashes... - 07/30/04 12:05 AM
Good god, what happened? Did you hit that tree or did someone hit you?

Posted By: wp_master Re: Rise from the ashes... - 07/30/04 12:20 AM
Yep hit that 600 year old or so oak tree, came around the bend in the road in the back of the picture going a bit too fast, the ground was slightly wet due to the morning fog and dew and back wheels lost traction. Started fishtailing, when I tried to correct I oversteered too much and ran head on into that tree.
Posted By: Fmr12B_dup1 Re: Rise from the ashes... - 07/30/04 12:23 AM
Glad your alive and welcome back!

Posted By: lowbudgetracing Re: Rise from the ashes... - 07/30/04 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Speed Demons:
Good god, what happened? Did you hit that tree or did someone hit you?

thats like the fith pic ive seen of a contour in a major acident and the driver survived,its a testiment to how tuff these cars are.
Posted By: JB1 Re: Rise from the ashes... - 07/30/04 01:38 AM
i don't suppose you have any pics of the other side of the car? not trying to be morbid just curious to see what you went through.
Posted By: wp_master Re: Rise from the ashes... - 07/30/04 02:11 AM

I had my seat belt on and thankfully the airbags deployed or I would've been gone for sure. What I believe happened was at impact the dashboard and and all that came toward me, while I slid toward it and slammed my knees into the dashboard. It hit so hard that my right leg(car hit on front right side) had so much force that it broke my right hip bone, then the right femur itself splintered even coming out of the skin, the left leg did not hit as strongly and *just* had a clean break.

They drilled out the middle of the femur and I now have a titanium rod in each leg, with two screws in each knee, a screw at the top in the femur in the thigh, and two titanium plates on my hip.

P.S. I hope picture link works
Posted By: JB1 Re: Rise from the ashes... - 07/30/04 03:29 AM
damn!
Posted By: DopePope Re: Rise from the ashes... - 07/30/04 07:29 AM
Wow I can't believe thats all that happened to you after that! Really glad to hear that although you were damaged you still lived and are now ok! Welcome back, hope to see you around!!
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: Rise from the ashes... - 07/30/04 09:24 AM
Wow! You must have been going at a good speed, or that tree was really out to get you. I had a GL and a wall came out and hit me going 65mph(freeway) and it didn't look half as bad. Glad you are OK. It's amazing how well these cars are built when regarding accidents.
Posted By: JB1 Re: Rise from the ashes... - 07/30/04 09:51 AM
from my own past experience i can say that this is exactly i bought a second ford and why i will continue to buy fords.
Posted By: DopePope Re: Rise from the ashes... - 07/30/04 06:56 PM
my friends camaro ran into the back of an eclpise when he was going ~20mph. it totaled the front end of his car and the eclipsed needed a new rear bumper. he didnt buy another camaro
Posted By: svtkid04 Re: Rise from the ashes... - 07/30/04 07:33 PM
that looked pretty bad... glad you're okay. it makes me feel better to know that people survive these accidents in a csvt. hopefully iwont have that problem.
Posted By: TheAlmightyMe Re: Rise from the ashes... - 07/30/04 08:00 PM
I am glad too hear you survived and are now back with us in anoth CSVT. I am curious however, where did your accident occur. The incident and location look eriely familiar.
Posted By: ContourSVT98 Re: Rise from the ashes... - 07/30/04 09:44 PM
Are you able to walk normal again?

-dan
Posted By: wp_master Re: Rise from the ashes... - 07/31/04 12:58 AM
The location was on Cornell Drive, about a quarter mile before hitting Mulholland. I live in Agoura Hills right near that area by Malibu Lake.

And yes I can walk fine now, I did about two months of therapy and can now walk great, although it will be a year or two for a FULL recovery where they can take out the screws in my knees and all that.
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Rise from the ashes... - 07/31/04 02:49 AM
Are you the young guy that I met at FFF this past April?
Posted By: wp_master Re: Rise from the ashes... - 08/01/04 04:23 AM
If I was in a wheelchair, yes I believe so. I never thought I'd be sitting back in a Contour again after that.
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Rise from the ashes... - 08/01/04 02:36 PM
Originally posted by wp_master:
If I was in a wheelchair, yes I believe so. I never thought I'd be sitting back in a Contour again after that.

You were there with your father, right? Yes, you were in a wheelchair. I'm glad to see you're doing so much better now!
Posted By: svt4b Re: Rise from the ashes... - 08/05/04 11:05 PM
damn dude...so glad you made it out alright. the only wheelchair you need is the one with the duratec if you can help it. glad to see youre back and driving another CSVT.

damn trees always win
© CEG Archives