Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Sidewinder_dup1 Contour longevity? - 06/02/05 01:38 AM
I'm curious to know what other people from the Great White North have experienced for Contour life expectancy.

What year is your Tour, how many miles are on it, and how many miles per year do you drive? Is it all highway, city, or what? Any major problems?

Mine is a 99 SVT, about 107k, and about 30,000 miles per year - virtually all highway. New clutch and brakes, but otherwise nada for trouble.
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: Contour longevity? - 06/02/05 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
I'm curious to know what other people from the Great White North have experienced for Contour life expectancy.

What year is your Tour, how many miles are on it, and how many miles per year do you drive? Is it all highway, city, or what? Any major problems?

Mine is a 99 SVT, about 107k, and about 30,000 miles per year - virtually all highway. New clutch and brakes, but otherwise nada for trouble.

190,000 and still running (though needed work in the 180,000's)
Posted By: 98EB_Expedition Re: Contour longevity? - 06/02/05 02:51 AM
95 duratec mtx--150,000 new clutch at 145k-- mix highway/city roughly 30k a year

98 duratec atx--95,000 nothing major except water pump as usual--only city-- ~7500 miles a year
Posted By: Contourgirl_dup1 Re: Contour longevity? - 06/02/05 02:58 AM
I have a 1995 Ford Contour, I've had it since 1997. I currently have 219,000 miles on it. I can't list all of the problems I've had with it, it'd take too long. I have driven it all over the country when I first bought it for the military.
I still drive her everyday. Everything on it works (including a/c and even the light bulbs in the door handles). I plan on making 300,000.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Contour longevity? - 06/02/05 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Zoom Zoom Diva:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:

190,000 and still running (though needed work in the 180,000's)

And the only problems with it were the battery and a plastic clip that holds the secondaries shut! I think its worth mentioning that it stillhad the original clutch and all that good stuff!
Posted By: rmcd79_dup1 Re: Contour longevity? - 06/02/05 06:28 AM
The Mystique is sitting at 111xxx right now, it's had it's problems over the last 6 months but it's fairing better now. (excluding the water pump that finally went out last week, I've been expecting it for a while so I don't count it). The SVT had a rough previous owner so it's going through some stuff now (synchros, wheel bearing) but that is why I got the extended warranty. It's sitting right around 74xxx right now.
Posted By: Davo Re: Contour longevity? - 06/02/05 01:05 PM
I bought my car a little over 3 years ago. Had 39,975 when I bought it, just flipped over 80k during my trip to Chicago last weekend. The most major repairs (transmission and tie rods) occurred within a month of buying the car. Ever since then I've gone long episodes without needed to do any repairs. Recently, it's been a couple hundred here and there, but nothing major. So I've been very happy with it.

...I'm going to go find the biggest piece of wood I can find and knock on it for about five minutes...
Posted By: 00LS5spd Re: Contour longevity? - 06/02/05 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Davo:

...I'm going to go find the biggest piece of wood I can find and knock on it for about five minutes...

I'm not even gonna go there, maybe Diva can step in!!
Posted By: Davo Re: Contour longevity? - 06/02/05 02:44 PM
Yeah I knew I left that one open. Have fun with it, boys...
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: Contour longevity? - 06/03/05 12:32 AM
Originally posted by SvtUPERFLY8008:

LOL! only if I can do the knocking!
Posted By: elraido Re: Contour longevity? - 06/03/05 01:25 AM
1995 se mtx 160K when I hit the deer the other month, alsmost done fixing it. Drove it from almost duluth to virginia mn with a leaking radiator. No rust that I can see, even under the car. I have a leaky injector and that is it. My mom got the car with 120K on it last july(?) I took it over in oct. Records showed new o2 sensor, mobil 1 oil changes every 3-5k, new brakes, tune up stuff at 90K. There were a few other things that were not too major.
Posted By: slingersvt Re: Contour longevity? - 06/03/05 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Zoom Zoom Diva:
Originally posted by SvtUPERFLY8008:

LOL! only if I can do the knocking!

© CEG Archives