Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: ShortySVTC Anyone SVTOATC.com - 02/03/05 11:13 PM
If anyone is interested, there's an svt club that meets at lakeville (airlake) ford in lakeville, every third saturday of the month at I think it's 3:00pm now. Any questions you can e-mail me or go to the board at www.svtoatc.com we do a lot of events, racing, dyno, cruises, tubing, waterparks, car shows, the plan is we're going to have a set up at the world of wheels. The svtoatc club is for all svt's and anything made by ford. There's lots of lightnings and cobras, a couple focus', and 3 contours. If anyone's interested please check it out, it's ALOT of fun. & Very cool people.

shorty0368@hotmail.com
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: Anyone SVTOATC.com - 02/04/05 01:03 PM
I'm a member of SVTOA. I browse through the main SVTOA forums a few times a week, but the contour content over there is pretty much all but dead. I went to a track event at Cedar Falls last year with the TC guys. Pretty good croup of people up there.

Rick
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Anyone SVTOATC.com - 02/04/05 08:17 PM
I may have to check this out!
Posted By: ShortySVTC Re: Anyone SVTOATC.com - 02/10/05 04:58 AM
Hey I looked at your web page, you have a very nice car!
-Denise
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Anyone SVTOATC.com - 02/10/05 08:59 AM
Originally posted by ShortySVTC:
Hey I looked at your web page, you have a very nice car!
-Denise

If that was directed at me, thanks

By the way I just signed up on the site aswell!
Posted By: captainandy15 Re: Anyone SVTOATC.com - 02/10/05 04:25 PM
Signed up as well. thanks for getting the word out!
Posted By: ShortySVTC Re: Anyone SVTOATC.com - 02/11/05 03:26 AM
good to hear, welcome to the club. You'll have to come to the meeting and meet all of us. Feb. 19th 3:00pm lakeville ford, in the service bay. hope to see you all there!
Posted By: ShortySVTC Re: Anyone SVTOATC.com - 02/11/05 03:30 AM
hey rick, I was there at cedar falls, with a white 01 lightning, what were you driving? I do rememeber a guy that trailered his svt contour, and had to take the bumper off to fit it in the trailer. He had a nice car it was super charged. If that's you, then I remember you, if not you'll have to refresh my memory. we have a lot of pics too
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: Anyone SVTOATC.com - 02/11/05 12:51 PM
Shorty,

That indeed was me with the contour. I usually trailer it to events for a couple reasons. I have a history of bad luck with my cars (to say the least), plus I don't like being stranded if I play too hard and break something. Actually I only made two passes that day as I realized the alternator was dead and so was my battery after the second pass.

Rick
Posted By: bnoon_dup1 Re: Anyone SVTOATC.com - 02/11/05 07:03 PM
I was there too with my silver TA parked right next to Rick's trailer. Were you the Lightning group that was messing with air filter/intake type mods on the basically stock Lightning? There was a blue one there too IIRC, then another white one with more mods...

As for Rick's luck, I think this might have something to do with it! The first Blown 3 Liter! 396 FWHP
Posted By: ShortySVTC Re: Anyone SVTOATC.com - 02/13/05 04:59 PM
I remember that. The blue lightning is Jeff, and the white lightning that was there was my b/f Rory, he has some mods, It's cool. Fast enough to scare me. And Rick you have a very nice car. We've been trying to figure out who owned that too. & I must be spacing it, and sound stupid but I don't have a clue what a TA is. (trans am?) lol Sorry! I can't remember who had the intake problem I remember them messing around with it. I raced the lightning and didn't do so well, there was a little wheel hope, that was freaky. If you guys go on svtoatc I'm 00whitestang, that's what I had last summer so I need to change the name.
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: Anyone SVTOATC.com - 02/13/05 06:16 PM
Thanks for the compliments on the car. I just wish I'd been able to get some more runs in. I was really hoping to dip into the low 13's that day. I think I may have to pick up a set of drag radials this year and give it another try.

Rick
Posted By: Redlineracer12 Re: Anyone SVTOATC.com - 02/15/05 04:46 PM
Originally posted by captainandy15:
Signed up as well. thanks for getting the word out!

Ditto!
Posted By: captainandy15 Re: Anyone SVTOATC.com - 02/15/05 08:50 PM
I must say, I'm rather impressed at how productive this thread turned out to be.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Anyone SVTOATC.com - 02/17/05 10:43 PM
Is anyone planning on going this Saturday? I am thinking about it.
Posted By: ShortySVTC Re: Anyone SVTOATC.com - 02/18/05 04:26 PM
I am very impressed too. I will definitly be there. I've missed one meeting and I think 2 events in almost 2 years. Wouldn't miss it for the world. Sometimes at the meetings I don't always understand EVERYTHING that goes on. they CAN be uneventful but there's usually something cool going on. Now we're going to start going to dinner after too. that's always fun. I would say the best meeting was the first one at our new dealer sponser, and we went to country joe's racing for lunch and the got a whole tour of their shop and semi truck and everything. It was sooo cool. I'd never seen soooo many people there. We're going to do that again real soon. I think the cruises are the best. well I really hope to see some new faces there. We'll be driving our new duelly we just bought this week so I'm excited, it's fun to drive. and to REDLINERRACER12 I'm only 18 too. it's nice to see someone as young as me. there's only one other one my age and he's in college so we never see him very much. So I really hope you show up.
Posted By: slingersvt Re: Anyone SVTOATC.com - 02/19/05 12:00 AM
I'll most likely be there as well.....we'll see how the weather plays out.
Posted By: 98EB_Expedition Re: Anyone SVTOATC.com - 02/19/05 02:04 AM
i'm gonna try to definatly
Posted By: ShortySVTC Re: Anyone SVTOATC.com - 02/21/05 01:18 AM
So who was all there? I was but I wasn't there long. I was 15 min late cuz of having a huge truck in traffic. & then I left right away after trying to make it to the monster truck show. I won alot of prizes though so it was all good. So who ever came let me know how you liked it! -Denise
Posted By: 98EB_Expedition Re: Anyone SVTOATC.com - 02/21/05 05:19 AM
i went was pretty sweet!!
Posted By: ShortySVTC Re: Anyone SVTOATC.com - 03/02/05 05:05 PM
I thought that was someone from here. So you liked it? Well I hope more people will come. they'll like it too. & I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to introduce myself like I said I was in a big hurry, we came in late, I won a whole bunch of stuff then left, although my boyfriend took the collector calander and the collector car too. I still get to use the vip passes to the auto show though, so it works.
Posted By: ShortySVTC Re: Anyone SVTOATC.com - 03/11/05 05:10 PM
where's all the people that used to talk to me? I still want to talk to you ya know?
Posted By: Blackcoog_dup1 Re: Anyone SVTOATC.com - 03/21/05 07:32 PM
You scared them away Denise.
Posted By: Redlineracer12 Re: Anyone SVTOATC.com - 03/22/05 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Blackcoog:
You scared them away Denise.

LOL, that's not true i've just been real busy lately, between college and my two jobs and fixing my stupid winter car i don't havea lot of free time. I'll make it to a meet eventually though i swear
Posted By: ShortySVTC Re: Anyone SVTOATC.com - 03/24/05 09:00 PM
I think I got 3 people coming now! This is awesome!!!
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Anyone SVTOATC.com - 03/28/05 04:21 AM
Thanks Denise for inviting us, I had a great time! It was nice to meet you and Rory too! Let me know if you can get a hold of another pic, I definitely want one!
Posted By: Redlineracer12 Re: Anyone SVTOATC.com - 03/28/05 04:36 AM
Yes thanks I had a good time as well, sorry i was so late though I wish i would've seen the pic, it sounded pretty sweet. I'll try and make it to an official meeting sometime. Tony
Posted By: ShortySVTC Re: Anyone SVTOATC.com - 03/28/05 06:30 PM
you guys are VERY welcome and thank YOU so much for coming. I wish you guys could have made it to see Dan, he was really glad to see us. If you go to the svtoatc site you can see the pictures it's really sad. They'll be just fine but it's hard. Hopefully you'll meet him in full spirits. He's a great guy, and he makes it all happen. You guys will like the club, I know I do. April is our Porky's cruise I think, that should be sweet. And Doug, thank you for driving sooooo far, I hope you got back in time & your g/f wasn't too mad. That was really great of you. & Tony people have to work it's life, I'm glad you made it though, it was cool that you brought friends too, maybe they'll like the club too. Denise
© CEG Archives