Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Michael Blunk Post 98 Driver Door - 06/23/06 04:33 PM
Heym I'm looking for a post 98 Contour driver door to replace my current one. Any tips or places that you guys know I should be able to find a good one?
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Post 98 Driver Door - 06/23/06 04:43 PM
Doors from all years should be interchangeable. Junkyard would be your cheapest bet. I'd sell you the one off my parts car, but I'm not done stripping the interior yet so I need to keep it sealed up.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Post 98 Driver Door - 06/23/06 07:17 PM
Here is a pre-98 passenger side door, maybe he knows where a post-98 drivers door can be found.
Door
Posted By: Woodencross Re: Post 98 Driver Door - 06/23/06 08:12 PM
I don't know where you are located, but if you search for junkyards in Nevada, Texas (North of Dallas, East of Plano) there are a couple on Highway 6. When I was buying parts for a Taurus that I repaired a while ago one of them had three or four complete Contours sitting there....

Hwy 6 Auto Salvage
1450 W FM 6, Nevada, TX
1.3 mi S - (972) 843-4500

I think that's one of them, and then there were one or two next to it.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Post 98 Driver Door - 06/23/06 08:29 PM
Heck, the yard here in my po-dunk town has at least a dozen Contours and Mystiques. A large percentage of them are relatively complete. Where are you located? It might be a little easier to give you better advice if we knew roughly what part of TX you're in (it's a dang big state, after all!).
Posted By: PacificTourG Re: Post 98 Driver Door - 06/24/06 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Michael Blunk:
Heym I'm looking for a post 98 Contour driver door to replace my current one. Any tips or places that you guys know I should be able to find a good one?

I remember you. Are you still in Houston? I know of some places. PM me if you want.
Posted By: yosquid Re: Post 98 Driver Door - 06/27/06 03:11 PM
Parting out 98 SVT (red) has good doors.

Matt
Tulsa Ok.
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: Post 98 Driver Door - 06/27/06 05:44 PM
Originally posted by yosquid:
Parting out 98 SVT (red) has good doors.

Matt
Tulsa Ok.

Matt, You Have A PM...Click On The Flashing Envelope At The Top Of The Page.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And Welcome To CEG!!!
© CEG Archives