Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT What to do ? - 06/08/06 02:53 AM
Should I keep trying to sell my car at a lower price or go ahead and part it out, then trade it in. I have around $4000 in parts that I can remove. I know I will only get around half that back. What to do, what to do. -B.
New toy already in the garage, and modding it like crazy, just dont like this two car payment thing.
Posted By: TheFordGuy Re: What to do ? - 06/08/06 04:07 AM
I just don't know. I've seen your car on eBay three or so times now. Bad luck or timing maybe? It be a shame to tear it apart really

Greg
Posted By: stilov Re: What to do ? - 06/08/06 01:35 PM
think about the time you will put into it taking it apart.
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: What to do ? - 06/08/06 02:35 PM

ask daymon about that. . .
I think it comes apart a lot faster than it goes together . . .
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: What to do ? - 06/08/06 11:04 PM
Yeah, I had it on ebay and had some guy use the (buy it now) for $9,000. I was not that excited until I got the deposit. Then I thought, dang he is serious. Well, a week goes by with no response to my emails. Than I get a note saying he cant buy it, the bank wont lend him the money now. Ever since then I cant get more then $5500 for it. I want more then that.
I would really hate to take this thing apart because I dont have a lot of the stock parts any more. I would have to get some 19lbs injectors, because I had to sell mine for the extra cash back then.
I'm taking it to the All Ford Show this Sunday and see if I can get someone that just got back from Iraq to buy it, Soldiers are buying up cars like crazy in the Springs. Its a good car, just finished with modding on it.

I did keep the ebay deposit though, cost me my ebay listing. -B.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: What to do ? - 06/08/06 11:07 PM
ADC has used 19's coming out their ears.
Posted By: TheFordGuy Re: What to do ? - 06/09/06 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Keyser:
ADC has used 19's coming out their ears.

Among other parts, Chris

Greg
Posted By: Allyn48_dup1 Re: What to do ? - 06/09/06 11:53 AM
I feel for ya. Unfortunately I had no choice but to part out due to being totalled. Problem with these cars is the huge depreciation. Consumer Reports also lists 98-00 Contours as poor buys for a used car...so that doesn't help much either.
Posted By: Swazo Re: What to do ? - 06/12/06 06:12 AM
It all depends what you've got that's aftermarket, that's where I got the bulk out of my SVT. The SVT body parts are easy to sell, the SVT cams, the trans could go for the right price..... it all depends. I came out better than I thought, and I got 1.5 times what I could have got for Swazo in it's last state.

I TOTALLY GUTTED SWAZO! The only things left were the glass, carpet and dash. I was going to pull the dash, but it was a PITA. I have some pics, and there should/could be a "special" video of Swazo being put down..... if timing works out tuesday.

Also, greyhound is your friend when shipping bumpers, hoods or anything big!
© CEG Archives