Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Derk-xB Might be leaving the SW - 05/29/06 05:51 PM
Ashley and I haven't really had much luck finding jobs here in SLC...at least in the fields we want. It seems there's just nothing much posted here in UT.

A 6-8 weeks ago I put my "feelers" out in WA and OR. Turns out there are a LOT of jobs for Ashley and I. So, we're getting flown out to Portland tomorrow to check out jobs (for both of us) in The Dalles, OR. We're excited for the interviews, and we're hoping everything works out, cause on paper our jobs sound great and the town looks fun.

I'll keep you guys updated.
Posted By: 94ex Re: Might be leaving the SW - 05/30/06 02:07 AM
Hey you gotta go where the money is and you will fit in fine with all those skinny distance freaks.

Best of luck to you derek, I wanted to go to school at UO for a while but didn't hear much back from them. It looks amazing.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Might be leaving the SW - 05/30/06 05:08 AM
Good luck to you in whatever you do!

Posted By: Swazo Re: Might be leaving the SW - 05/30/06 06:37 AM
The north west is a very beautiful area! I wouldn't feel bad at all to call that area home!

Most people in that area I ran into (Portland on southward...) HATE Californians. Let the locals know you aren't from there, and you'll be 2 steps ahead on getting in good with them I had people double check my "story" by checking the plates on my truck before they'd really warm up to me
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Might be leaving the SW - 05/30/06 01:05 PM
...Ashley's California born and raised...
We'll just say we're both Utahns looking to be Oregonians.

Thanks for the good luck. We'll be back in a couple days. I'll let you know how the interviews went.
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: Might be leaving the SW - 05/30/06 03:25 PM
Good Luck!

let us know how it turns out!

Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: Might be leaving the SW - 05/31/06 12:06 AM
Good luck Derek. I hope you both find exactly what you want
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: Might be leaving the SW - 05/31/06 11:21 PM
"WATCH OUT" They have volcano's ! -B.
Good luck on the job hunt.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Might be leaving the SW - 06/01/06 03:12 PM
Interviews went well...

I'm hoping to get an offer extended to me in a day or so. Same goes for Ashley. If we get offers, we're going to take them. I'm excited!

As usual, I'll keep you updated.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Might be leaving the SW - 06/04/06 07:44 PM
Ashley got an offer.
I'm still waiting for anything official - hoping to hear something back by Monday.

*crosses fingers*

I'm feelin' good about this.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Might be leaving the SW - 06/04/06 07:48 PM
P.S. Here are a few pics I snapped of The Dalles. Plenty of places for we skinny distance freaks to roam.

Posted By: 94ex Re: Might be leaving the SW - 06/05/06 01:28 AM
Looks awsome derek, reminds me alot of fort collins and parts of Colorado. Best of luck.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Might be leaving the SW - 06/15/06 01:27 AM
Got the job!

Not sure of my exact start date, but it looks like I'll be leaving Salt Lake in August. I'm super super pumped!
Posted By: Swazo Re: Might be leaving the SW - 06/15/06 03:21 AM
Congrats on the new job Derek! That looks like a nice area to live in! It seems like an ideal location to venture out from to explore the NW
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: Might be leaving the SW - 06/15/06 06:07 PM
so did you both get offers in the same area?

Ps - im going to miss your puppy more than you and ive never even met her
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Might be leaving the SW - 06/16/06 12:17 AM
You can come by any time to see Coda. She'll love you the second after you give her a treat (she's so easy... )

BTW, yes, Ashley got an offer about a week before I did. Her job is going to be good but challenging - she's going to be nearly starting up the speech therapy dept. at one of the rehab facilities she'll be working at. It's a good challenge.
© CEG Archives