Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: stilov I almost bought a Land Rover today.... - 01/29/06 01:23 AM
so tell me (everyone) why it's a good thing I didn't.

It was an 02 Discovery.
Posted By: Swazo Re: I almost bought a Land Rover today.... - 01/29/06 02:16 AM
I've heard they are problem prone, but it might just be the Range's. I've always liked Land Rovers, but I wouldn't want it to spend more time in the shop than on the road.

Taylor, you almost had me convinced yesterday about wanting a house more than another vehicle Now get welding
Posted By: stilov Re: I almost bought a Land Rover today.... - 01/29/06 03:48 AM
I am convinced...I am trading in the Lexus!!!! Welding is tomorrow!!!! It's too cold now.
o2 disco?

No thanks - welcome to problems galore!
Posted By: stilov Re: I almost bought a Land Rover today.... - 01/29/06 02:55 PM
That is what i always thought, but msn cars has the reliability as a 5 of 5 for 02 and newer, but looks like crap befre 02.
Posted By: Swazo Re: I almost bought a Land Rover today.... - 01/29/06 09:48 PM
Edmunds Consumer Ratings
Top heavy, over priced hunk of crap, cost more in repairs then a toyota. Just my .02 Post pics if you buy it -B.
I've had a '96 series 1 since new, has just about 100k on it, so it's not like I don't use it. I have no idea what you are talking about. Did you have one, so that you can call an overpriced piece of something? I think not. I have had 4 cars since the Land Rover and it was more reliable than all 4 of them. It has oil leaks now, big deal. Wonderful vehicle, and if the '02 and up are more reliable, they must be bloody good.

[image][/image]
Posted By: stilov Re: I almost bought a Land Rover today.... - 01/30/06 03:06 PM
I guess the main thing is that parts are pretty expensive...horrible gas mileage, lacks some power, and the dealer didn't want to give me the deal I wanted.
Full time 4WD gets poor fuel economy, a given. I don't drive mine daily anyway. Parts can be expensive but they're not exactly cheap on my Focus! I know when everyone gives me the 'too expensive Pricetag' story I make sure they understand an Explorer could easily be lightly optioned and cost the same as my Disco did.....and I got an optional extra seat, bullbar, 6 disc changer and free first 45K maintenance.

Can't argue the dealer not dealing with you however, prob a good call there.....what year were you trying to buy?
Posted By: stilov Re: I almost bought a Land Rover today.... - 01/31/06 04:04 AM
it was an 02. It was an SD7, although I think it was in pretty good shape. I actually think I am going to get an Explorer...I found a dealer that is giving me a great deal...it is fully loaded, less mileage and WAY cheaper.

Plus...I know Ford's pretty well.
© CEG Archives