Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
It's official there will be another meet in Columbus at Speeds go-karts on September 6th on a Saturday. Please post if you're going. For all of the NE Ohio people we going to met somewhere so we all can drive down together as a group. Let me know about that also.

Is there anything else planned for this summer! I haven't done anything with my life this summer and I am bored as hell most of the time. the reason I ask if there is anything else is because on the 5th of Sept I am begining a road trip to Florida. I take it there is no changing the date, nonetheless, I hope you guys have fun and maybe, just maybe I will get to meet some of you one day.
Hey guys not to sound cheap or anything but wouldn't somewhere else where it doesn't cost $20 per ride. Like maybe sports Ohio where they have go-karts, put put and batting cages, I know the go karts aren't as fast but much more resonable. Just an Idea, I would be up for that than I would speeds again.

Later
Josh
Of what about Magic Mountain? Of is that place for the kiddies? I haven't been there before.

I wish we still had Malibu Grand Prix....
Magic mountain wouldn't be bad. It is right off of I70 so it wouldn't be to far from where Speeds is. But whatever you guys want to do, It is just a bit cheaper than speeds and many more things to do.

Later
Josh
Well whats going on with this?

Later
Josh
Posted By: Nate S Re: Columbus meet at Speeds (Go Kart racing) - 08/16/03 04:37 AM
man, screw columbus! i want to see some cleveland meets! just kidding guys...though some cleveland meets would be fun
So are we going to get together at all?

Later
Josh
Originally posted by Nate S:
man, screw columbus! i want to see some cleveland meets! just kidding guys...though some cleveland meets would be fun

That would be fun...wish my car was done
So lets just set a date and do it. I am over living in the Easton area now. Anyone around here?
it's next Sat. It's on the top of the thread. Hope to see you there.
I could be there... What time?

-Jeff-
So I guess we can't convince you to goto Magic mountain or something a little better and cheaper? I will try but no racing for me way to expensive.

Later
Josh
Posted By: Nate S Re: Columbus meet at Speeds (Go Kart racing) - 08/28/03 09:12 PM
ahah i would drive an hour or so just to see some SVT's . too bad my car isn't very interesting though.
Who cares what you have come anyway. I have a bunch of SVT sales brochures if anyone wants some I will bring them for a small price.

Later
Josh
Originally posted by Qwk98svt:

-Jeff-

But my name is not Jeff.
I'll be there in whatever I buy this weekend I am not planning to race either at this time.
Any idea what you will buy? I am sure you have something in mind. Might I suggest a Mazdaspeed Protege.
Ha! 21K! It is a pretty cool car, just not for a soon to be dad. Trying to stay in the 15-18K range or less, need some room as well. As much as I hate to I'll probably have to go with a used Sedan or SUV.
Originally posted by Qwk98svt:

-Jeff-

Everybody is meeting at 3. Hope to see you there. Any other contestants that want to come to this meet/get together???
Originally posted by 2G Sport:
Ha! 21K! It is a pretty cool car, just not for a soon to be dad. Trying to stay in the 15-18K range or less, need some room as well. As much as I hate to I'll probably have to go with a used Sedan or SUV.

There is a black one at Byers Mazda that's $500 off sticker price.
I am working at 5pm so I am affraid I will not be able to make the meet. Sorry guys, one of these days I will me able to make one and hopefully the next time we meet, I will have installed my very unique mid/low bass audio addition.
Stop by early, sounds like everyone will be getting there around 3 or so. Like I said if anyone wants a SVT dealer brochure I will bring a few, $5 each. Hey Qwk98svt do you have your window sticker? My brother had a black 98 and I still have the window sticker for it, if not I will bring it so we can see if it matches, but I think his was an early production anyway.

Later
Josh
Oh crap. I thought this was this past weekend. I am a dumbass. I would love to come but on the 5th, the road trip to Cocoa Beach, FL begins.
Bad news everybody. I won't be able to make it to the meet because I have to work this weekend and i'm swamped with other stuff. I really need the money due to being a college student and ned to pay some bills. I hope we can get another one in sometime between now and mid/early November. I made it to all of the other meets we had. Well see you all whenever.
Ok well, Is everyone else still going? Lets see show of hands that will be there, it is suppose to be a very nice day.

Later
Josh
I'll be there. I don't plan to race, but I'll hang out for a while and say my goodbyes...
i will be there and maybe bring a few other cars...

Ben
Posted By: R96SE Re: Columbus meet at Speeds (Go Kart racing) - 09/05/03 03:57 AM
I will be ther

R96SE
I'll be there!

-Jeff-
Posted By: R96SE Re: Columbus meet at Speeds (Go Kart racing) - 09/07/03 03:56 AM
Hey Jeff,

This is Rick with the Blue 96 SE,I like your cabon fiber hood Some times I with I had a Black car because that color is the only one that the carbon fiber hood realy looks good on.Hope you had lots of fun today.

Later
Rick

Hey thanks for the props rick, I appreciate it! and I did have a ton of fun today, always fun to see some modded tours. Talk to you later!

-Jeff-
I think Dom/Missy and myself made it home safe & sound.

They peeled off and took the Turnpike at 77.

We got to run 80 almost all the way back... only a couple of buttheads on the road: old Ranger pickup with TWO beer kegs in the back weaving thru traffic at 85+ and then gets to the front and backs off to 75. Richie sez: wave bye-bye to the mobile kegger. Zoom.
Hope Ben made it okay. His car looks pretty good at night, at speed.

ZZZ.
megan and i mad it back with no problems....we got home at 11pm exactly.....don't worry, my car will be looking a whole lot better next year. that hideous bumper is coming off next weekend for good! now i have to find me a winter car......

Ben
Hey it was a blast!!! Nice to meet you guys it was nice to see some different colors this time.

Later
Josh
yeah, there were some nice lookin contours out there. TOO BAD i had the only contour SE. But i had a good time, it was nice meetin with you guys, we will have to do it again sometime. PEACE
mine is an SE. from the year 1995.

Ben
Did anyone get any pics of all the cars? If so can you email them to me thanks.

Josh
© CEG Archives