Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: BiggityBon another green CSVT injured :( - 08/23/06 01:09 PM
I was in an accident on monday evening around 530pm, on my way to work. I had turned left onto a busy road, and a lady going the opposite way was passing a car turning right onto the road I came off of. She was in the middle of the road when she struck my driver's side door and fender. She hit it hard enough to bend the a-pillar on the inside of the door. I hit the left side of my head on the glass, but luckily it didn't shatter. Walked away with a nasty bump & bruise on my temple. Unfortunately i was cited for "not following turning rules". F'IN $98 TICKET!!!! No points are going on my license though b/c i have a clean driving record. The body shop estimated it to be around $3300 in damage. Not enough to total it, but enough to piss me off!!!!! Now I have to wait and see b/c there might have been more damage than what was visible. So now i have to pay my $500 deductible, and I get to drive around in a '07 Hyundai Sonata. I just hope it's fixed before the EOSB!!!! I only had pics on my phone, so I will try to get those up a.s.a.p.
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: another green CSVT injured :( - 08/23/06 01:10 PM
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: another green CSVT injured :( - 08/23/06 01:25 PM
Originally posted by BiggityBon:
I hit the left side of my head on the glass, but luckily it didn't shatter.

Shattered head is never good. Good luck getting the car 100% after and accident of the magnitude.
Posted By: BiggityBon Re: another green CSVT injured :( - 08/23/06 01:51 PM
lol...good point. i should've stated "I'm lucky THE GLASS didn't shatter." i'm still kinda out of it. I haven't really been able to think straight, I've been mixing up my words alot. They told me to go to my family doctor tomorrow to make sure I didn't mess up what's left of my brain I guess I'm just more pissed off than anything. My car hasn't been 100% since I bought it. It was in a minor rear-end collision back in 2001, way before I bought it. I wish they would've just totalled it. They said the damages only came to 35% of the car's worth. I guess it has to be 75% or more to total it. That makes me wonder what they thought it WAS worth!!!!
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: another green CSVT injured :( - 08/23/06 04:41 PM
lol...good point. i should've stated "I'm lucky THE GLASS didn't shatter." i'm still kinda out of it. I haven't really been able to think straight, I've been mixing up my words alot. They told me to go to my family doctor tomorrow to make sure I didn't mess up what's left of my brain I guess I'm just more pissed off than anything. My car hasn't been 100% since I bought it. It was in a minor rear-end collision back in 2001, way before I bought it. I wish they would've just totalled it. They said the damages only came to 35% of the car's worth. I guess it has to be 75% or more to total it. That makes me wonder what they thought it WAS worth!!!!

That is questionable... damages were IIRC $3500... which is 35% of the value of the car?

that doesnt sound right... Becaue by those standards they are saying YOUR car with nearly 140K miles was worth 10K

[censored]! they should have totaled it, you could have bought a nice ass CSVT with 10K. 3L and all!
Posted By: BiggityBon Re: another green CSVT injured :( - 08/23/06 04:47 PM
that's EXACTLY what i was thinking. how could it be that much and not be totalled??? the trade in value for that many miles is barely even that much!!!!!!!! i guess i'll have to wait and see, i just took it in last night. it's so weird driving an automatic right now though!!!!!
Posted By: Beans_dup1 Re: another green CSVT injured :( - 08/23/06 07:47 PM
I'm glad your ok,
I dont think its the best thing to have the car totalled.. cuz then it goes on the history.. and it looks bad..carfax n stuff
If your ever thinking of selling it in the future.. let me know

waits for pics
Posted By: BiggityBon Re: another green CSVT injured :( - 08/23/06 07:54 PM
it'll probably be tomorrow when i send pics. i have to get a download cable for my cell phone. that's the only way i can send pics from my phone now. and i don't get paid until tomorrow. i will do my best to get them on here a.s.a.p.!!!!
Posted By: Berkel Re: another green CSVT injured :( - 08/23/06 08:37 PM
NO WAY

Sounds crazy, too bad they didn't hit your back bumper, coulda fixed that up
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: another green CSVT injured :( - 08/23/06 10:40 PM
it'll probably be tomorrow when i send pics. i have to get a download cable for my cell phone. that's the only way i can send pics from my phone now. and i don't get paid until tomorrow. i will do my best to get them on here a.s.a.p.!!!!

[censored], bonnie, just e-mail them to me like you did with that one pic... you have a pm.
Posted By: BiggityBon Re: another green CSVT injured :( - 08/24/06 12:10 AM
yeah kevin, i was hoping she's spin me around and hit my back bumper i guess they had it on the lift earlier pulling the pillar out, from what my bf said. i just gotta find a way to come up with $500 by next friday!!!!!! YIKES!!!!

jared, i can't send any texts b/c my phone service is disconnected i'll have to get some kind of cable from verizon that i can download the pics onto my computer. this sucks
© CEG Archives