Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Harrry COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/16/06 01:16 AM
wtf is wrong with you guys!!!
Posted By: snakous Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/16/06 01:34 AM
do you think they're actually going to respond to this thread??
Posted By: snakous Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/16/06 01:50 AM
too bad the refs just made 2 absolutely terrible calls to give cleveland the game.

1. ball was on the rim and damon jones either touched the rim or the ball (both of which are illegal while the ball is above the cylinder) and shouldve resulted in goaltending.

2. calling the ball out of bounds off detroit on the scrum under the hoop when it was obvious mo evans touched it and then it went off the fingertips on BOTH HANDS of eric snow.

the pistons losing doesn't piss me off so much as the pistons losing due to the idiocy of the referees. this is a prime example of why the nba needs instant replay (at least in game changing situations in the last few minutes of a half.

AHHHHHHHHH!!
Posted By: CrazyCarl_dup1 Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/16/06 02:05 AM
omg..u lost the game ..eric snow got foiuled ont he last play by evans, they didnt call..could have went either way, plenty of none calls for boths sides..its the playoffs, they dont call those fouls int he closing minutes with the game that close....PS... .hahah hahahah hahahah hahahah to Sheed GO CAVS!
Posted By: Harrry Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/16/06 02:11 AM
I think the calss made, where fair in this game.

Both sides got even amount of [censored] and good calls.

good game over all. Pistons just played [censored] bottom line.
Posted By: snakous Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/16/06 02:17 AM
Originally posted by CrazyCarl:
omg..u lost the game ..eric snow got foiuled ont he last play by evans, they didnt call..could have went either way, plenty of none calls for boths sides..its the playoffs, they dont call those fouls int he closing minutes with the game that close....PS... .hahah hahahah hahahah hahahah to Sheed GO CAVS!

stfu! they aren't going to call a touchy touch foul on evans just like they made a no call on the last play when rip went towards the basket against varajaoohhh my god my hair is gay. his feet weren't really set and they could have called a block or a charge. and it was a no call just as it should have been.

oh, by the way...neither of the things i brought up are fouls. when the ref misses a GOALTENDING call on a gamechanging play, that is what pissses me off. then they miss an out of bounds call on the very next possession. i have no problem with non-foul calls when it isn't blatant, but missing two game changing plays that are non-fouls pisses me off.

PS. hahah hahahah hahahah hahahah to YOU because you live in ohio
Posted By: Reebs Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/16/06 03:48 AM
Originally posted by snakous:

stfu! they aren't going to call a touchy touch foul on evans just like they made a no call on the last play when rip went towards the basket against varajaoohhh my god my hair is gay. his feet weren't really set and they could have called a block or a charge. and it was a no call just as it should have been.

oh, by the way...neither of the things i brought up are fouls. when the ref misses a GOALTENDING call on a gamechanging play, that is what pissses me off. then they miss an out of bounds call on the very next possession. i have no problem with non-foul calls when it isn't blatant, but missing two game changing plays that are non-fouls pisses me off.

I love these threads! And it really would suck to live in Ohio. I'm sorry for you.
Posted By: Harrry Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/16/06 04:43 AM
Originally posted by JReebs96sport:

I love these threads! And it really would suck to live in Ohio. I'm sorry for you.

Ouch, noobie had a good liner!!! @@DAMN
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/16/06 04:49 AM
Last play was def a charge, his feet were completely set. Detroit shot 33% - thats the bottom line. And the out of bounds replay show it touches snow and then Detroits player hits it towards Lebron who does not touch the ball, I did not see the goaltending play, I can not see Snow getting above the rim though, he truely is a bad player who had a good game.
Posted By: Reebs Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/16/06 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Rickson:

When did you say you'll stop calling me a noobie!?!?

It's okay, I understand your just trying to feel superior.

Jeff
Posted By: Reebs Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/16/06 05:35 AM
Originally posted by KnuKonceptz:
Last play was def a charge, his feet were completely set. Detroit shot 33% - thats the bottom line. And the out of bounds replay show it touches snow and then Detroits player hits it towards Lebron who does not touch the ball, I did not see the goaltending play, I can not see Snow getting above the rim though, he truely is a bad player who had a good game.

Blah blah blah.
Posted By: Harrry Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/16/06 05:36 AM

Jeff

don't , u have been here for 3 months. Its okay to be a noobie.
Posted By: Reebs Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/16/06 05:54 AM

Jeff

don't , u have been here for 3 months. Its okay to be a noobie.

I am fighting the tears.

Jeff
Posted By: snakous Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/16/06 06:17 AM

His feet may have been set, but his body was not in the right position. Rip was in the air and made more contact with his left side, not drawing a direct charge.

As for the out of bounds call, even with the ball going to Cleveland, the goaltending call still would have put the Pistons up 1. Trust me, it was goaltending. But, I will agree Detroit played a very bad game, I just don't like seeing the game end on extremely questionable calls.

P.S.- The wiring kit you sent me a long time ago came with a faulty fuse, I want my money back you crook!
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/16/06 01:29 PM
bottom line, detroit shot 33%. wtf? I think they hit maybe 3 3-pointers the whole game. That is NOT like detroit at all, they've just been off the last two games.

On another note, the fact that detroit was STILL WINNING in the game, and was within 2 points despite being 33% from the field should make Cleveland feel like tards.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/16/06 01:56 PM
Ill be at the game tomarrow to watch Detroit Kick the Cav's ASS!!!!
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/16/06 02:01 PM
The actual line, with season average in ((__))

DET
FGM-A 25-75 (33.3%)((45%))
3PM-A 4 -15 (26%) ((44%))
TO: 14

CLE
FGM-A 29-68 (42%) ((45%))
3PM-A 5-11 (45%) ((35%))
TO: 18

You guys had more shots, more free throws and less turnovers and lost on poor shooting, bottom line - how is that hard to figure out.

Posted By: ancientsanskrit Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/16/06 02:08 PM
Dude...who really cares? The Pistons will not be going far in my opinion. The Cavs are not even that great of a team, and the Pistons still have difficulty defeating them. I had really high hopes for the Stones this season, but it looks like these guys are choking under pressure. We're talking about fundemental flaws by veteran players. Case in point, last night everyone kept shooting jumpers. They should have worked on their inside game (pointed out by Greg Kelser on FSN), which Rip and Prince tried to do, but were unsuccessful, while the other 3 guys stood around. If your baskets don't go, try to drive to the basket for some freethrows. Secondly, they need to control the offensive boards, there are no second chances at all!Thirdly, a little defense would be nice. These guys are just standing there while everyone drives past them. Zone defense is killing them in that retrospect. Finally, Wallace needs to stfu, play a little d, and start making some of his jumpers or sit on the bench and let Antonio step up.

In my opinion, the Pistons will beat the Cavs in 6, however if they fail to step up, they will be anhilated by the Heat.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/16/06 02:27 PM
I'm not going to blame this game or series on the refs, thas for sure I'm going to point to two things:

1. coaching- the substitutions are puzzling sometimes and even though Flip has had a great regular season, he's not all that great in the post-season, so we'll have to see!

2. Ben Wallace- I've listen to the last 2 games on the radio and I don't sense he's taking over the game from the defensive end, something he should be doing seeing he's won the defensive player of the year award 4 out of the past 5 season. Step it up already!

It also doesn't help when the team is shooting 33% I'm still sticking with the Pistons as they've always had trouble in this round of the playoffs recently. Pistons in 6
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/16/06 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
Pistons in 6

/thread
Posted By: Harrry Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/16/06 09:20 PM
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
Pistons in 6

/thread

We will own them in game 6!!!! OWN THEM!!!

Posted By: ShadowCSVT Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/17/06 12:47 PM
I'm not teribly concerned. But the Pistons haven't lost a game four in the last three years...I think. So it could be a bad omen. But Sheed was hurt and he couldn't really back his talk with a hobbling performance. I'd look for the Pistons to blow the Cavs out by 20 in game 5...you just watch!
Posted By: Harrry Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/18/06 01:03 AM
that first half was scary!! Glad chauncy stepped it up in the 3rd.!!

We gonna take this!!!!!!

OH YEAH

Posted By: snakous Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/18/06 01:11 AM
And apparently going up for a rebound and having some jackass with his nose right on your arm constitutes a foul. And using an off arm to get a defender away from you I guess doesn't mean a foul.

The officiating is way too touchy, going both ways. They need to let them get out and run and stop slowing down the game. It's not even fun to watch right now.

Now get 2 more fouls on Lebron!!!

Edit: WTF!!!!
Posted By: snakous Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/18/06 01:21 AM
Flame me all you want b!tches, but this officiating is [censored] terrible, mostly in favor of the Cavs. Good job NBA, make sure you keep Lebron on TV as long as possible, can't lose any ratings!
Posted By: Harrry Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/18/06 01:35 AM
The calls on chauncy is bs.

Well what refs call, they call, no complaining.

Trying to stay calm, but can't. SOO PISSED
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/18/06 01:53 AM
Somebody's down 3 - 2....
Posted By: snakous Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/18/06 01:55 AM
That game was complete bullsh!t. Rickson you're right, Chauncey's tipped pass that the refs called a foul was nowhere near. When McDyess made the layin late in the game to tie it, he was fouled on the arm significantly enough to where it should have been whistled.

Rip is an idiot and should have shot it as soon as he caught the ball on the inbound. Ben making a free throw or two would have been nice too.

I am not blaming that game on the officiating entirely as the Pistons had their chances and failed to capitalize. All I am saying that the officiating needs to shape up because this is PLAYOFF BASKETBALL. That game was bad!
Posted By: snakous Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/18/06 01:57 AM
Somebody's down 3 - 2....

I think someone was down 3-2 against Miami last year and didn't have too much of a problem kicking their asses in games 6/7.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/18/06 01:57 AM
Flame me all you want b!tches, but this officiating is [censored] terrible, mostly in favor of the Cavs. Good job NBA, make sure you keep Lebron on TV as long as possible, can't lose any ratings!

Although I was listening to the game on the radio here at work I hope this isn't the case because the Piston have been screwed in the past before. Let me take you back to the 91' conference finals against the Bulls. The Bulls went to the line at almost a 3 to 1 ratio, give me a firetruckin' break Then again, David Stern had to have his darling MJ step up and make the league so great to watch, didn't he The best part of that game was when Isiah and Laimbeer walked off of the court w/o shaking MJ's hand, classic...screw him then and screw him now

"RASHEED LIED, CAVALIERS TIED"...+ one
Posted By: snakous Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/18/06 02:00 AM

Although I was listening to the game on the radio here at work I hope this isn't the case because the Piston have been screwed in the past before. Let me take you back to the 91' conference finals against the Bulls. The Bulls went to the line at almost a 3 to 1 ratio, give me a firetruckin' break Then again, David Stern had to have his darling MJ step up and make the league so great to watch, didn't he The best part of that game was when Isiah and Laimbeer walked off of the court w/o shaking MJ's hand, classic...screw him then and screw him now

"RASHEED LIED, CAVALIERS TIED"...+ one

It wasn't as bad as I made it seem Roger, but it was still pretty bad. Way too many missed calls and whistles when there shouldn't have been.

Hopefully they shape up in time for game 6
Posted By: Chrisf695 Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/18/06 02:41 AM
First the Fu*king Wings, now we all have to deal with the Pistons Fu*king this up....the tigers better win the series.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/18/06 05:08 AM
Originally posted by Chrisf695:
First the Fu*king Wings, now we all have to deal with the Pistons Fu*king this up....the tigers better win the series.

Well, they do have the second best record in baseball....wait, the best record isn't a good thing here in Detroit! Bring back Tram for a couple weeks
Posted By: ShadowCSVT Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/18/06 10:46 AM
The game was a disapointment from start to finish and I hate Danny Crawford. With that said the Pistons have not played decent since the third quarter in game two. I really hope they find a way to get it together or all their hoopala of being the number one seed and getting home court throughout was for not! I mean seriously the Pistons have been lazy the last three games and expecting a win to just materialize because they are the Pistons is complete crap. They need to stop thinking they are so big and bad, get humble, and return to the kind of play that got them there! They've done it before against the Nets two years ago and they can do it again. Maybe being down 3-2 is a good omen, because they beat the Nets in that series then got out of hand knocking out LA in 5 when they should have swept them.
Posted By: ancientsanskrit Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/18/06 12:49 PM
Yeah, but we're talking about Cleveland here, not NJ two years ago. The Cavs are no where near as good of a team as NJ two years ago. The refereeing was a bit sketchy in my mind, as others have noted Crawford has never been neutral w/the Pistons since I can remember. Regardless, this is a team with no motive whatsoever. What blows me away, is the mentality for their jump-shot game, it simply is not working, yet they continue to use that method of offensive. Secondly, where's the defense? There is none, whatsoever.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/18/06 02:42 PM
Its so frustrating to watch such a great team play like a sucky one.
Posted By: Kevdogg410 Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/18/06 04:02 PM
It is all because the NBA is fixed. For entertainment value they would rather see a Lebron v. Dwayne Wade matchup. It doesn't surprise me we are down 3-2, nor will it surprise me if the Cavs pull off the series friday.

Go heat!
Posted By: Harrry Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/20/06 01:17 AM
If the refs love lebron so much, why don't they bend over for him .

Jeese anything he does they favor him.
Posted By: Chrisf695 Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/20/06 02:48 AM
DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!!!
Posted By: Harrry Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/20/06 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Chrisf695:
DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!!!

Did u see james face, in the end. HA HA, stupid kid, looked like he was mad becasue he didn't get what he wanted. Looked like a little brat.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/21/06 10:33 PM
what a ass whoopin!!!
Posted By: ShadowCSVT Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/22/06 02:15 AM
Yes Sirrrrrrrrr!
Posted By: Harrry Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/22/06 03:20 AM
Originally posted by ShadowCSVT:
Yes Sirrrrrrrrr!

OWNED
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/22/06 04:10 PM
no doubt, "michael jordan" blah blah bs I'm only 21!! suck it.

EDIT: oh, and get a different jersey number, dont discrase the 23
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: COME ON PISTONS!!! - 05/23/06 01:30 AM
Originally posted by r-coolantspiller-3.0:
no doubt, "michael jordan" blah blah bs I'm only 21!! suck it.

EDIT: oh, and get a different jersey number, dont discrase the 23

They should've retired that number like they did 99 in hockey. I mean it makes sense, when you say "23" and "99" most people know who your talkin' about. LeBron looked funny as hell at the end of the 3rd quarter but don't worry LeBron, since Nike owns about 1/2 the NBA, you'll get yours, guaranteed Whats this guy bitching about, he got paid $90,000,000 by Nike before he even put a ball through a hoop in the NBA, thats just crazy
© CEG Archives