Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: BeachBum_dup1 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/07/03 04:32 PM
Thought it would be a good idea to find out what everyone is planning on doing at the meet for routine service, mods etc.

I plan on:

* Rotating tires
* Re-paint brake calipers
* Change engine oil/filter
* Air Filter
* Clean Leather
* Polish exterior
* Detail everything
* Re-install Aluminum fuel door
* Etc.

Also: I will bring.......

* Oil drain pan
* Tool Kit
* Pump for Trans fluid changes
* Paper Shop towels
* Black Caliper Paint
* Etc.
Posted By: Cueball Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/07/03 04:38 PM
I just ordered my spark plug wires about 10 minutes ago. I hope they are in by next weekend. Anyone got the part number for the motorcraft plugs?

Other than replacing those, I may do the leather again if I'm bored.

If anyone wants to assist with TB cleaning or UIM cleaning, I might be up for it, but of course realize the UIM will be a pain and probably something left for a less busy day.
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/07/03 04:42 PM
- I would love to do the Oil Separator for the PCV system. I just hate the thought of my intakes getting dirty again after all that hard work.

- I will be doing my exhaust if I get it in time.

- Maybe bleed the brake and clutch.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/07/03 05:00 PM
helping out as much as possible I guess, unless my spring seats come in and someone seriously wants to help install my struts/springs. yeesh big job.

so for the most part, helping out will probably consist of handing tools and wiping up spills (weakling), but I'm comfortable with my roll in life.
Posted By: Cueball Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/07/03 05:09 PM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
helping out as much as possible I guess, unless my spring seats come in and someone seriously wants to help install my struts/springs. yeesh big job.

so for the most part, helping out will probably consist of handing tools and wiping up spills (weakling), but I'm comfortable with my roll in life.

Kim, since you just did yours - you can help me with my TB???
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/07/03 05:11 PM
I can help ya do the MAF, if that's what you mean.
it's supah easy
the TB is a whole different animal isn't it?
Posted By: Cueball Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/07/03 05:17 PM
Maybe I meant the MAF. Beats me. I'm sure EVERYTHING needs to be cleaned by now.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/07/03 05:23 PM
print up any of the assorted how-to's off the main site, and we'll see what we can do
Posted By: JSmith_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/07/03 05:47 PM
I plan on eating, drinking and doing stuff.
Posted By: ElKy Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/07/03 05:55 PM
uhh..run around like a chicken with my head cut off?

prolly just help everybody out with stuff.
the only things i really need to do are:
Uim/LIM cleaning
optimize TB and MAF
plugs
wires
K&N
clean engine and CD2 (after intake cleaning)
clean my interior
paint calipers.
i think thats it...
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/07/03 09:14 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:
uhh..run around like a chicken with my head cut off?

prolly just help everybody out with stuff.
the only things i really need to do are:
Uim/LIM cleaning
optimize TB and MAF
plugs
wires
K&N
clean engine and CD2 (after intake cleaning)
clean my interior
paint calipers.
i think thats it...

I will help you with the intake cleaning. It is only fair after all the help you gave me.

Oh, and Doug, Mike and I just cleaned my throttle body, so we can help you with that as well.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/07/03 09:35 PM
suppose the only thing I might do is change the transmission fluid on my car

later on at home I will be changing the front bearing and brakes, maybe struts also but i am not sure on that yet.

cleaning the MAF sounds like a good idea, if someone wants to optimize it I don't see the harm, unless it is not good for a zetec. althought shouldn't the throttle body be done at the same time, balance the air flow?

if a few people are painting calipers I might do that also, I will bring some high temp black paint also

I will help out anywhere that is needed

wait a minute, no one has said to have a good time yet
or did I just miss it when reading the posts

Posted By: ElKy Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/07/03 09:59 PM
ed, i am actually thinking about doing it this friday, since i have all day, and i dont want to keep the garage blocked all day at the meet.
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/07/03 10:02 PM
ed, i am actually thinking about doing it this friday, since i have all day, and i dont want to keep the garage blocked all day at the meet.

Well maybe I will stop over after work and help you out. I could be over to your place around 3:30 or so. PM me if interested.
Posted By: ElKy Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/07/03 10:07 PM
give ma a call after you get out of work, and i will let you know how its going.
Posted By: MAZDASPEED Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/07/03 10:09 PM
Planning on repainting front and rear calipers, installing new front pads, I might do my PCV and driverside door/window trim tomorrow, if not I'll do it at the meet. Another coat of Zaino, clean the leather.....NECO just had a meet and they did four suspension drops in 1 day!!

Figured I would be a helper monkey!
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/07/03 10:11 PM
Originally posted by SVT:
Planning on repainting front and rear calipers, installing new front pads, I might do my PCV and driverside door/window trim tomorrow, if not I'll do it at the meet. Another coat of Zaino, clean the leather.....NECO just had a meet and they did four suspension drops in 1 day!!

Figured I would be a helper monkey!

4 in one day!!!!

Struts and Springs are next on my transformation list.
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/07/03 10:13 PM
give ma a call after you get out of work, and i will let you know how its going.

Shiot!!!! Even if you are done I will come over and drink since we didn't get to do this last Friday.
Posted By: wontgrowup_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/07/03 10:18 PM
Well, my Brullen came via fed ex today, so I'll have that on.....I can bring a Dremel (for the TB's) and a can of electronic parts cleaner for the MAF if anyone's interested. Hey, i also have my calipers painted red....e-mail me if you want pics.
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/07/03 10:26 PM
Originally posted by wontgrowup:
Well, my Brullen came via fed ex today, so I'll have that on

Me = Jealous
Posted By: wontgrowup_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/07/03 10:29 PM
Thanks, ed

Hopefully, they can get that sucker on the car fast tomorrow (i'm having it welded together), I can't wait to hear what it sounds like....I bought the "loud" system. I've heard that the quiet systemm is the same "volume" as the stock system, and well, we can't have that, can we??? I figured, if I was going to pay good $ for a system, i'd want to hear it!!!
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/07/03 10:33 PM
Thanks, ed

Hopefully, they can get that sucker on the car fast tomorrow (i'm having it welded together), I can't wait to hear what it sounds like....I bought the "loud" system. I've heard that the quiet systemm is the same "volume" as the stock system, and well, we can't have that, can we??? I figured, if I was going to pay good $ for a system, i'd want to hear it!!!

Sorry to hijack this thread but we are talking about mods. The Quiet system sounds about the same as a modified SVT exaust with an aftermarket resonator. It sounds better than stock. The Loud system takes it to another level and sounds even better. I chose the quiet because I LOVE the intake sound and wanted better performance than a modified SVT exhaust.
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/07/03 11:44 PM
i probably still wont have a license so...guess i wont make this meet either.
Posted By: skunk_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/08/03 12:24 AM
Hmm,maybe i'll do something simple.Drink and watch everyone else,hehe.I'm thinking of the fog light mod.I haven't done that yet.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/08/03 12:48 AM
Originally posted by skunk:
...I'm thinking of the fog light mod.I haven't done that yet.

i think that is a must, I think vertually everyone has this done in the NE
Posted By: wontgrowup_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/08/03 02:52 AM
DEFINITELY a great mod, especially with the 885's.....however, he must be the second person that doesn't have that "mod"....I changed the bulbs, but never "fixed' the wiring on the parking lights
Posted By: bishop375_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/08/03 02:28 PM
Where my mechanical ability is roughly that of a small child with two left hands that are all thumbs, I can handle at least some of the food duty. Elky, that should take some of the running around out of your schedule. A question, though- would it be possible to have use of the kitchen, in case robin and I get any ideas of things to whip up while we're there?

Posted By: FattyB iLLin Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/08/03 03:32 PM
...I changed the bulbs, but never "fixed' the wiring on the parking lights

Would this wiring problem explain why I can't get my damn fog lights to stay on...
Posted By: Cueball Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/08/03 03:54 PM
Originally posted by FattyB iLLin:
...I changed the bulbs, but never "fixed' the wiring on the parking lights

Would this wiring problem explain why I can't get my damn fog lights to stay on...

Not sure, but it's easy enough to check the fog light mod connections.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/13/03 02:34 PM
welp I guess I will update my individual agenda
I was planning on installing my front strut tower bar this past weekend, but we got busy with other stuff - namely, Mike helped his brother Matt install a jet kit and aftermarket exhaust on Matt's motorcycle
(sounds f'in sweet too).

So I'll be bringing the bar and perhaps installing it at elky's this weekend instead.
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/13/03 07:31 PM
Here is my revised list.

1. Replace the Crankshaft Seal (Hopefully Jay will help)
2. Install Heat Shield (Open Filter)
3. Possibly Build an Oil Separator.
4. Help others with various projects.

Where did you guys get the Ford Blue paint from???? I am thinking of painting my heat shield blue to go along with the blue theme I have going on in the engine bay.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/13/03 07:50 PM
I bought mine at WalMart
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/13/03 07:52 PM
I think we still have the can of the hightemp paint from when we painted your DMD.
I'll doublecheck and bring it along with me to the meet.
I don't know if it was technically Ford Blue.
we bought the paint at Robbins autoparts while we were there getting some stuff for the GM.
Posted By: BeachBum_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/13/03 08:24 PM
Hey Ed: If you still have the Laptop with the Diagnostics that might go over pretty well. Then you can turn off everyone's CELs.
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/13/03 08:35 PM
Originally posted by BeachBum:
Hey Ed: If you still have the Laptop with the Diagnostics that might go over pretty well. Then you can turn off everyone's CELs.

That's a good idea. I will try and remember. Maybe I can turn everyone's CEL on....

Muuuaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/13/03 08:56 PM
Originally posted by BeachBum:

if i take my mothers car, which I am thinking that I might do, all that i would be doing is getting the codes read and helping others do work
Posted By: JSmith_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/14/03 05:04 AM
Originally posted by Ed98.5SVT:

1. Replace the Crankshaft Seal (Hopefully Jay will help)

pifft. you're on your own pal.

Did you get the new washer and bolt?
Posted By: Cueball Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/14/03 12:27 PM
My plug wires and dividers arrived last night. I'll pick up some plugs before Saturday. Since Elky and Ed both got Autolite APP764, that sounds good to me. Anyone got a little anti-seize I can use? We don't use dielectric grease anymore, do we???
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/14/03 12:31 PM
I think we still have the can of the hightemp paint from when we painted your DMD.
I'll doublecheck and bring it along with me to the meet.
I don't know if it was technically Ford Blue.
we bought the paint at Robbins autoparts while we were there getting some stuff for the GM.

ok so I'm full of bull.
the only color we bought that day was red for mklaro's DMD.
so I'm assuming Elky is the one that has the Duplicolor High Temp Engine Paint in blue from that meet.
wanna confirm there, Wolverine?
Posted By: ElKy Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/14/03 12:38 PM
affirmative!
i bought it nand should have plenty left.

dougie, i have anti-sneeze, but you will want to pick up some dielectric grease still.
the grease is used on the electrical connections and the anti-sneeze is used on the threads
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/14/03 01:52 PM
Originally posted by CueballSVT:
My plug wires and dividers arrived last night. I'll pick up some plugs before Saturday. Since Elky and Ed both got Autolite APP764, that sounds good to me. Anyone got a little anti-seize I can use? We don't use dielectric grease anymore, do we???

The wires should already be greased.... Mine were out of the box.

And Jay.....

I ordered the bolt, washer and seal and should have them by Thursday.

If anyone else needs an extra washer, I will have one. The package only comes with two and they are charging me for both since they don't stock the item.
Posted By: JSmith_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/14/03 02:58 PM
Anyone got a little anti-seize I can use? We don't use dielectric grease anymore, do we???

I can bring some Permatex C5-A. A copper loaded petrolatum (petroleum jelly) baseD anti-seeze compound approved for use in assemblies whose operating temperatures reach 1200 deg. F.

I can also bring some Dow Corning DC-4 compound. A silicone based di-electric grease. Use the di-electric grease over the spark plug insulation this way it is much easier to slip the boots over. Do the same for the connections on the coil pack. Makes life much easier going together as well as comming apart.

You don't want to use the grease on the connections, the di-electric properties of the grease can interfere with the energy transfer through the coupling.
Posted By: JSmith_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/14/03 03:00 PM

The wires should already be greased.... Mine were out of the box.

And Jay.....

should I stop by the dealer and pick up a seal for you as well?
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/14/03 03:02 PM
Originally posted by JSmith:

should I stop by the dealer and pick up a seal for you as well?

Are you awake yet?????
Posted By: JSmith_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/14/03 03:16 PM

Are you awake yet?????

is that a yes

let me know so I have time to stop and get one. They're $9.
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/14/03 03:22 PM
Originally posted by JSmith:

Are you awake yet?????

is that a yes

let me know so I have time to stop and get one. They're $9.

No I was being an a$$ because I said I ordered the seal in another post. I will have the bolt, washer and seal tomorrow. I ordered them from the dealer yesterday. Thanks!!!!!
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/15/03 12:58 PM
addition to agenda:must...get...Elky...this drunk again this weekend...

oh wait, he's gotta go to work at 11. aww too bad...
Posted By: Cueball Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/15/03 01:22 PM
addition to agenda:must...get...Elky...this drunk again this weekend...

oh wait, he's gotta go to work at 11. aww too bad...

How silly of me to think that post was long gone. My hams are leaner these days - been jogging.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/15/03 01:24 PM
you musta sent those hams my way cuz mine are quite larger
Posted By: Cueball Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/15/03 02:31 PM
I just remembered I have a new cabin air filter sitting in the basement. Time to put that in too, since it's been about 42,000 miles since the last one went in.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/15/03 03:08 PM
we just did ours this past weekend.
soo fun and easy
we had to remove the wiper from the cougar, but it's not necessary on the SVT.
Posted By: Cueball Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/15/03 03:11 PM
I went through the trouble of removing the wipers the first time, then BeachieBum told me I didn't have to. Oh well.
Posted By: Cueball Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/16/03 01:31 PM
Autolite's website says the spark plugs can be found at Walmart. Where? I checked last night and could not locate them. Do they keep them behind a counter somewhere?
Posted By: JSmith_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/16/03 01:54 PM
it should say, select Wal Marts.

I've found the automotive section to carry either sparkplugs for viehicles that don't exist anymore. or they have a selection of plugs for everyting ever made.
Posted By: zgendron_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/16/03 02:54 PM
I tried the same thing!

Walmart does carry Autolites, just not the Double Plats.

I called a bunch of places before I found one that carries them. I think I finally got them at NAPA.

DemonSVT swears he gets them at Walmart all the time for
under $8/ea. But no Walmart around here seems to carry them.

Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/16/03 03:07 PM
some Walmarts also have auto service departments, like Sears in a way.
Maybe he's going to those type of Super Walmarts and they are perhaps better stocked than ours around here.
Posted By: Cueball Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/16/03 03:47 PM
Originally posted by zgendron:

I hope they're under $8. Should be about $3.99 apiece. I understand there is a $1 rebate per plug right now too. I'll be in Concord tonight, so will check the Super Wally World up there.
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/16/03 03:57 PM
Originally posted by zgendron:

I hope they're under $8. Should be about $3.99 apiece. I understand there is a $1 rebate per plug right now too. I'll be in Concord tonight, so will check the Super Wally World up there.

I got mine at Napa, they only stock 4, but they got the other 2 the next morning.

There is a Napa warehouse in Wilmington they should have them..
Posted By: ElKy Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/16/03 05:06 PM
it musthave been napa i got mine at.
i cant find the reciept, but i think that is where i got them
Posted By: wontgrowup_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/16/03 09:25 PM
The "Super Wally-World" in Palmer has them right in the Automotive section....What was the part#??? I think they have the double plats out there as well. Do you want some picked up???
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/16/03 09:29 PM
The "Super Wally-World" in Palmer has them right in the Automotive section....What was the part#??? I think they have the double plats out there as well. Do you want some picked up???

The plugs are Autolite and the Part Number is APP-764. I will let Doug speak to whether or not he wants you to pick them up.
Posted By: wontgrowup_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/17/03 02:08 AM
Groovy! i'll check these threads before we head out tomorrow....."Wally_world" is right on the way, so no problem to check things out for you at all!!
Posted By: wontgrowup_dup1 Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/17/03 12:39 PM
See you guys soon....didn't hear anyhting back, so we'll head down sans sparkplugs
Posted By: Cueball Re: 1st meet - Individual Agendas - 05/17/03 01:19 PM
I picked them up this morning at Advance. They had plenty. $2.99 after rebate. Woo hoo. I should bee down about 11.
© CEG Archives