Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/23/05 01:04 PM
Too soon to discuss after the summer meet or no?

Anyone have any events they've been itching to recommend?
Any special scenic routes you'd like to lead a caravan through?

September will be a busy month for Mike and I, so we will most likely have to step down from organizing this year's fall meet. We originally had sort of a weekend fall meet idea rolling for a while (I think I posted some thoughts on it some months ago), but this new house schtuff has taken priority unfortunately.

I think we're all due for a fall meet somewhere outside of NH anyway.

Posted By: rouar Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/23/05 01:49 PM
We were throwing around Western Massachusetts ideas at the summer meet (Deerfield, Yankee Candle Factory, etc.) ..
Posted By: skunk_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/23/05 02:09 PM
I had an idea for a fall cruise/meet. my meet option would start us off at a sturbridge meeting area which is a good centeral place. we would cruise some back roads to quabbin reservior for some site seeing, take rt.9 to rt.116 through some nice small towns to mt. sugarloaf state resv. for a drive to the summitt where they have a 3 story obsevation tower for some really nice views of the valley and connecticut river, then from there drive to rt. 5 greenfield area to shelbourne falls and check out the glacier potholes, huge well potholes carved into the rocks from glaciers set in a very nice small town in the mountains. drive back down to greenfield for lunch and the meet would end there so N.H.& upper eastern ma peeps could get in rt. 2 and follow that to 495, and I91 is right there to head south to ct. and lower mass.

We have never done a meet in this part of mass. before so it would be something new.

Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/23/05 02:25 PM
cool!
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/23/05 02:51 PM
was thinking about this a few minutes ago. not to early to plan as we were throwing some ideas out this weekend. I like skunks plan so far
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/23/05 04:25 PM
not a bad idea, I used to rt.2 from all those trips to and from umass amherst .,..any dates?
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/23/05 06:56 PM
I'd say Oct 1st through the 16th are probably the best dates for peak foliage, and I'm pretty sure we've always tried to choose a weekend within that range.
Posted By: SVT25_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/23/05 09:06 PM
If i still have my SVT at that point count me in. It would be nice to go to one last meet. It would be a great way to end my Short Lived Contour SVT ownership.

Just so everyone doesnt write and ask why im selling: I am not quit as happy with the SVT as i thought i would be. Id rather pass it on to someone who would appreciate it more than i do. Its a little underpowered and a little outdated. 1) I would like to buy a Mazda 6. With the money i get from selling the SVT i plan to put a nice turbo setup on it. 2) If i decide not to get the Mazda im going to get a pickup. All you homeowners know how handy a truck is.
Posted By: skunk_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/23/05 09:24 PM
sorry you feel that way. yes it's true they for the most part are underpowered, and maybe outdated but you really have to love the car to get passed the shortfalls. I remember one time(before my contour)seeing a maverick with a straight six at a car show, he was the original owner and I over heard the conversation of why he held onto a maverick, he simply said" I don't really know, i just love this old car"(true story). I guess a 65 mustang is out dated also.

I know my car isn't that fast, the atx is a pain, it isn't an svt etc. etc. I don't race it, I do care if it's slow, I don't care if your car is faster, I don't care that it's out dated, I just love this old car, and there isn't a whole lot of nice well cared for contours out there anymore either so it's nice to feel exclusive. I hope you change your mind .

Damn, uhhemm, back to the fall meet .
Posted By: rouar Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/23/05 10:19 PM
I know how you feel - I came very close to getting rid of my Contour yesterday too.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/23/05 11:01 PM
not me!!! alright, the car is "done"..meaning its painted, has a slight orange peal affect,so some wetsanding and buffing is in order, unfort i cant buff for about 30 days or so..so i'm def in on this one,unless of course i decide to start the motor swap soon
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/24/05 04:46 AM
Originally posted by 98 SE:
I know how you feel - I came very close to getting rid of my Contour yesterday too.

Matt, did you get that radiator issue looked at yet?
Posted By: rouar Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/24/05 12:41 PM
Yeah, it's sitting at the dealer (Chris will hate me, but I didn't want to drive it all the way to Lamorough, plus I wouldn't have had a ride home if I did ) awaiting a new radiator among some other things they recommended I do (02 sensor, the same one I threw a CEL on last May - they don't know that part though unless they looked it up in my code history; and brakes/rotors - parents approved that one). It's going to be very expensive, but under my absolute-cap of $2000 so I'm keeping the car, for now. At least they correctly diagnosed my problems; the first mechanic I took it to charged me $60 to say it was a suspected head gasket issue and he's not willing to work on the car ...

Back to topic?
Posted By: FattyB iLLin Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/24/05 01:12 PM
Sorta on topic...

If you any of you guys are ever in the area of Gilette Stadium, be sure to take a cruise over to Moose Hill St:

GOOGLE MAP!

It's a wildlife sanctuary, the road itself can't even be 2 miles long, but its a fantastic twisty course. In other words, it's TOURTASTIC!

It's only a couple miles out from the stadium and maybe a mile from 95 (exit 9).
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/24/05 01:15 PM
is it paved?
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/24/05 03:30 PM
how about we all go to Boston and get tanked!
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/24/05 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

if you want to pay I will
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/24/05 03:56 PM
Originally posted by brapple:

dammnit I saw that one comming!
Posted By: zgendron_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/24/05 04:20 PM

See, you just need to know where to go. $1 drafts, $2 drafts...

Remember, its a college town. We've got to make it affordable for everyone!
Posted By: FattyB iLLin Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/24/05 08:18 PM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
is it paved?

haha, absolutely, very nicely, in fact. (woah, thats a lot of commas)

i drive it every day on the way to work.
Posted By: wontgrowup_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/24/05 11:37 PM
Here's a route that has something for everyone....
Start at B&G Sporting Goods in Westfield (exit 4 off the Pike, I think) and follow route 20 up to Lee/Pittsfield. The driving/views are absolutely spectacular on that stretch of road, and the Staties are usually patrolling in Westfield. We could hit the Lee Outlet mall and then the Champion Outlet in Pittsfield if we wanted.....
Posted By: contour_svt98_5 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/25/05 08:33 PM
I'm a newcomer to the site. I have a 98.5 black svt, my brother has a 98 silver frost svt and my buddy has a 99 t-red svt. I like both ideas about the site seeing and the malls.. well my wife likes the mall ideas.. but i would def. like to meet some other people that love their cars as much as i do.. just need a date.. Scott
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/25/05 09:12 PM
Originally posted by contour_svt98_5:
I'm a newcomer to the site. I have a 98.5 black svt, my brother has a 98 silver frost svt and my buddy has a 99 t-red svt. I like both ideas about the site seeing and the malls.. well my wife likes the mall ideas.. but i would def. like to meet some other people that love their cars as much as i do.. just need a date.. Scott

yea man you'll love it, plus bring your crew along too, it'll be nice to see different svts..
Posted By: skunk_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/25/05 09:42 PM
Originally posted by skunk:
I had an idea for a fall cruise/meet. my meet option would start us off at a sturbridge meeting area which is a good centeral place. we would cruise some back roads to quabbin reservior for some site seeing, take rt.9 to rt.116 through some nice small towns to mt. sugarloaf state resv. for a drive to the summitt where they have a 3 story obsevation tower for some really nice views of the valley and connecticut river, then from there drive to rt. 5 greenfield area to shelbourne falls and check out the glacier potholes, huge well potholes carved into the rocks from glaciers set in a very nice small town in the mountains. drive back down to greenfield for lunch and the meet would end there so N.H.& upper eastern ma peeps could get in rt. 2 and follow that to 495, and I91 is right there to head south to ct. and lower mass.

We have never done a meet in this part of mass. before so it would be something new.

I was thinking of adding in some country roads that are fun and traveled mostly by locals on the way to quabbin.

the other idea is nice also, I wouldn't be much into shopping or going to stores though. It takes a long time just to get to those places before even adding shopping time. you gotta figure in waiting for people to arrive at the meet spot, add in some talking and then we start to move which is great fun in its self.

I like the idea of some driving followed by a stop every now and then to stretch and take in some views. tha's how I planned my route.
Posted By: SVT25_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/25/05 11:32 PM
What date are we looking at ? I kinda hope i have my SVT at that point. But im sure it will be gon in a few weeks
Posted By: wontgrowup_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/26/05 12:52 AM
Actually, the stores would be just a means to an end...the drive up is why I would go up there. There are PLENTY of s-curves, dips, 90 degree turns interspersed with LONG straightaways.....It's AWESOME in the fall!!! I would go to the Champion outlet store....only the "locals" know about it because it's pretty well "hidden" and you can get stuff like sweatshirts that are stiched wrong for 3-5$
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/26/05 11:41 AM

cool
where are you located?
Posted By: skunk_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/26/05 07:47 PM

cool
where are you located?

I found him over in the northeast chapter. He is from the hudson, ny or somewhere around there.
Posted By: contour_svt98_5 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/26/05 09:34 PM
hudson falls, ny..... it is about an hour north of albany.. i have had my svt for about a year and a half but it needed a transmission after my cousin and i went to florida... i am just finishing it up, i am just in need of a front bumper!! i really love my car and i can't wait to meet up with some people that feel the same way about their tours!! but i need a date so i can see if i can make it... sunday through tue. are the only days i would probably be able to make it!! if anyone knows where i can get a black front bumper just let me know.. my e-mail is contour_svt98_5@yahoo.com any of u feel free to send me mail at anytime!! SCOTT
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/27/05 03:57 AM
I need dates..and hope for a sunday so that CSVT1214 can come too then
Posted By: wontgrowup_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 08/27/05 11:24 AM
Well, it would make sense to have this in the middle of Foliage season....End of September, beginning of October?
what dates do you all want to do this? Post up your availability.

Is everyone in favor of skunk's cruise route?
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread -Dates? - 08/31/05 05:10 PM
what dates do you all want to do this? Post up your availability.

Is everyone in favor of skunk's cruise route?

skunks plan is fine by me and any weekend is fine by me
Posted By: ronin45 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread -Dates? - 08/31/05 11:19 PM
skunk's plan sounds good and I should be free then.
Posted By: skunk_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/13/05 01:53 AM

Looks like I'll host the fall meet so lets throw out some dates!!

another idea to add has an option to my above plan. I'll plan a loop with great roads and sites including quabbin reservior and end up at my house (back in the sturbridge area)we can get some party pizzas and everyone can jump onto the pike & 84 to go home.

sooo lets get some dates and what you guys wanna do and I'll set everything up.
Posted By: rouar Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/13/05 03:01 AM
If we're talking October, my best weekends are 15-16 and 22-23 (basically the start and end of October break). Before that are my A Term finals, which will be hectic.

I'm going to try avoiding taking the Contour. It seems to crap out on me every time I try to take it to a meet, and I can't afford any more problems this year ... perhaps I can wrestle the Miata keys from my parents.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/14/05 12:28 PM
name a weekend and I will be there, unless I have to go to West Palm Beach for work

Jess may or may not be there also for many reasons ...
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/14/05 04:38 PM
....^^^^^^^^^^^^...me too
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/14/05 05:22 PM
Originally posted by tour96se:
....^^^^^^^^^^^^...me too

Chris you gonna come to the meet?
Posted By: SVT25_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/14/05 06:38 PM
The sooner the better for me. If its in the next week or two i might still have the SVT in my posession I would love to bring it to one last meet. If I dont have it then im sure the guy buying it will attend to show it off
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/14/05 07:09 PM
I am unsure whether or not Mike and I will be able to make this event, so please don't let any of this hinge on our attendance. I don't want to sound high on myself, so don't take it that way. I just don't want you guys to think that since baco and I are moderators that you have to do what we say all the time. hehe

skunk, since everyone seems to be relatively flexible on the date, your best bet might be to pick what's best for you to head this one up and make an official announcement.
If it turns out to be a bad date for the majority, then you could alter your plans a bit to accomodate. It's up to you though.

If you want to start a new, official thread to announce the date, time, activities, etc. I'll gladly sticky that sucker up there for all to see.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/15/05 02:42 PM
with any luck goonz....
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/19/05 04:48 PM
any tenative date"s" set yet?
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/19/05 05:14 PM

Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/19/05 05:19 PM

Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/19/05 05:19 PM

hey stop copying me!!!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/19/05 05:21 PM

hey stop copying me!!!

Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/19/05 05:38 PM

hey stop copying me!!!

Posted By: SVT25_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/19/05 06:39 PM
I see this thread is turning out to be very useful....
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/19/05 07:14 PM
Originally posted by SVT25:
I see this thread is turning out to be very useful....

being a little old school

when the boards use to have a set number of posts per page we had a CT forum thread go on for 25 pages with people trying to be the first on the top of the next page, just endded up quoting each other without end, that was something

also getting off topic is the NE-CEG way

but anyway, thoughts on weekends? any weekend is good for me at the moment
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/20/05 02:22 AM
im taking 14-15 off..14th is Armin Van Buuren at Avalon and saturday will be just to relax after being hungover..
Posted By: rouar Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/20/05 04:35 AM
If we're talking October, my best weekends are 15-16 and 22-23 (basically the start and end of October break). Before that are my A Term finals, which will be hectic.

I'll need a confirmed date(s) soon
Posted By: JSmith_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/20/05 11:26 AM
im taking 14-15 off..14th is Armin Van Buuren at Avalon and saturday will be just to relax after being hungover..

ahhhh, to be able to realx with a hangover. I wish I could do that today, but I need to go to work today.

I met my friend tom yesterday after work for what was supposeed to be a few drinks for happy hour to celebrate my birthday but it ended up being 8 / 9 then off to aonther place for some more refreashments (of the nekkid kind) And they found out I recently had a birthday and it was on... SO I rolled in about 1 thins morning.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/20/05 11:37 AM
Originally posted by JSmith:

ahhhh, to be able to realx with a hangover. I wish I could do that today, but I need to go to work today.

I met my friend tom yesterday after work for what was supposeed to be a few drinks for happy hour to celebrate my birthday but it ended up being 8 / 9 then off to aonther place for some more refreashments (of the nekkid kind) And they found out I recently had a birthday and it was on... SO I rolled in about 1 thins morning.

kinda was like my sunday night/monday morning, although I just got in from a movie and wasn't drinking, sat night I was up til 3 talking on aim then was up a 9. sunday I got in around 12:30/1 and was up for work at 5 and out the door at 6 and at work at 7 and worked 9 hours. same today but I was only up until 11 last night
Posted By: skunk_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/20/05 08:42 PM
I'm thinking oct. 15-16th thats my wifes weekend off from the hospital. so if that works we just need to decide what to do. look at my options from my previous post but basically drive from sturbridge to greenfield area or sturbridge loop through nice areas end back at my house for pizza's and go home from there.

for the loop idea I plotted out some really nice roads and great area's to stop for sites and not has long of a day. the other route is longer and ends up in north western mass but also has great sites just alot longer ride home for ct peeps. I'll do whatever the majority wants...we could do the 15th has the meet day and the 16th the rain date.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/21/05 02:40 AM
we need to go somewhere so that we can have a good NECEG photoshoot

hopefully my mirko will be in by then and in one piece
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/21/05 06:10 AM

Hopefully I still have my car by then too.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/22/05 12:32 AM

a NECEG and NECEG...figure that one out
Posted By: rouar Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/22/05 01:01 AM
Northeast CEG isn't as good as New England CEG.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/22/05 01:50 AM
Northeast CEG isn't as good as New England CEG.

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/22/05 02:52 AM
I NEED DATES PEOPLE!!!
Posted By: skunk_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/22/05 03:01 AM
I'm thinking oct. 15-16th thats my wifes weekend off from the hospital. so if that works we just need to decide what to do. look at my options from my previous post but basically drive from sturbridge to greenfield area or sturbridge loop through nice areas end back at my house for pizza's and go home from there.

for the loop idea I plotted out some really nice roads and great area's to stop for sites and not has long of a day. the other route is longer and ends up in north western mass but also has great sites just alot longer ride home for ct peeps. I'll do whatever the majority wants...we could do the 15th has the meet day and the 16th the rain date.

these are the dates just need to decide what we want to from my options. quabbin has plenty of areas for photo ops.
Posted By: wontgrowup_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/22/05 03:34 AM
Why not have a pic at the top of the hill by Gate 45 at Quabbin reservior? VERY nice view...Ditto for Mt.Tom right off of Route 91 in Holyoke....spectacular views as well....
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/22/05 04:33 AM
Originally posted by wontgrowup:
Why not have a pic at the top of the hill by Gate 45 at Quabbin reservior? VERY nice view...Ditto for Mt.Tom right off of Route 91 in Holyoke....spectacular views as well....

Im down..fo sheezy
Posted By: zgendron_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/22/05 04:57 PM
I'll be in Baltimore that weekend...sorry guys.
Posted By: Dr. Cross Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/23/05 02:34 PM
As it appears right now, I'll be attending this meet too! The combo of meeting CEGrs, driving around, and pizza at the end is just too much to pass up!
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/25/05 11:53 PM
i'm with haroon. 14-15 likely no go. ny for the 14th i will not be up in time to do anything the 15th. likely any other weekend would be better
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/26/05 04:50 PM
so what about the weekend of the 8th?
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/26/05 05:18 PM

thats too close..I atleast need 2-3 weeks prior notice..
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/26/05 05:27 PM
damn-it goonz ....much later and i'll be driving my winter beater to the meet...
Posted By: rouar Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/26/05 06:28 PM
I don't require prior notice but I'd like to know what weekend to ask my parents if I can steal the Miata from them ... lol ...
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/26/05 07:25 PM
I don't require prior notice but I'd like to know what weekend to ask my parents if I can steal the Miata from them ... lol ...

no notice really needed for me either, but some heads up would be nice
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/27/05 02:45 AM
i can work the 8th..but come on..all these dates aren't really getting us no where..we need to pick from 2-3 weekends..
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/27/05 05:36 AM
is the 22nd doable?
Posted By: SVT25_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/27/05 11:07 AM

Im going Skydiving that day. But then again if all goes well hopefully my SVT will be sold by then.
Posted By: Dr. Cross Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/29/05 01:11 PM
What's the current status/concensus on the Fall meet? 10/8 (no), 10/15 (yes),or 10/22 (no)??? Like my subliminal messages?
Posted By: skunk_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/30/05 02:13 PM
I posted the dates and the options for routes to take. I'm not too sure how we got back on the date thing again. If someone else wants too take over the meet and set another date thats okay also. I noticed that matt needed the 15th-16th dates because of school, my wife is off from the hospital those dates and I'm using this meet has my last cruise before the car goes into winter storage. I know I can do those dates, If the majority wants to do another date then they can pick what they want to do for a meet because I may not be able to make the other dates.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/30/05 05:13 PM
I'm down for whatever, I'll do my best to make it
Posted By: Dr. Cross Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/30/05 06:55 PM
How about a poll....majority wins?

Fall meet date
10/8
10/15
10/22
Don't care, I'm down for whenever and I'll roll with the majority

Posted By: rouar Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/30/05 08:42 PM
This is going to be the smallest NECEG Fall Meet ever, what with the numbers turning up now ...

EDIT: I voted "game for any day" .. but the 15th is by far the best.

Skunk, I may need a slightly more detailed itinerary (re: the drive -- whereabouts we are going, highways, etc) if I am to get the Miata. Otherwise I'll probably end up bringing the Contour and tagging along with someone for the drive, for I no longer feel comfortable driving the Contour in a spirited fashion.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/30/05 08:56 PM
recent gas prices don't help either, unfortunately.

Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/30/05 09:38 PM

true but for something like this I don't care, i pay enough for gas anyway so what is one more tank this year
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 09/30/05 09:46 PM

true but for something like this I don't care, i pay enough for gas anyway so what is one more tank this year

agreed
Posted By: skunk_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 10/01/05 02:12 PM
this is my meet idea and route.

we are going for a variety, some ct., western and centeral mass.

start at my house then follow rt's 198&197 in ct. to holland mass through the lakes area follow to rt.148 jump of 148 through some country back roads to rt.181 belchertown cut through some more back roads to quabinn do some stuff in there then jump onto rt.202 through some twisty roads to hook up with rt.122 follow to rt.31 back into ct. through some back roads ending back at my house for some pizza. I figured this would be a good route for some nice senic driving and it will end close to the pike and 84. we also gotta pick a start time, i was thinking between 9-10 am would be a good time.

I'll be leading and I know where most of the spirited driving areas are so if I start to move a little quick you will know where they are just follw along if you want. I'll keep it safe and my wife will give me the evil eye anyways .
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 10/01/05 03:01 PM
sounds great

what are the directions to your place again
Posted By: skunk_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 10/01/05 03:48 PM
from mass pike east or west take exit 9 go through tolls take 1st exit route 20 west follow to first traffic light(get into left hand lane)turn left at light onto rt.131 follow all the way into southbridge, follw through the center of southbridge unitl you come to a rotary stay to the right take first right(about 100ft from the rotary) onto morris st. you'll go under a little bridge follow morris st. to the top of the hill(you will go past a baseball field down on your right)look for maria ave it will be the first right after the baseball field, take your very next right onto apollo drive my house is the last house on the left(the road deadends at a culdisac).

coming from 84 take exit 1 in mass. stubridge exit bare to the right at the end of the ramp. take right onto rt.15 you will see a roy rogers and mobil gas station right at the exit ramp take first left after the mobil should be mashapaug rd. follow all the way to the end(you will go past harrington hosp. on your left)the road ends at a T, you will turn right onto rt.131 follow through the center of southbridge unitl you come to a rotary stay to the right take first right(about 100ft from the rotary) onto morris st. you'll go under a little bridge follow morris st. to the top of the hill(you will go past a baseball field down on your right)look for maria ave it will be the first right after the baseball field, take your very next right onto apollo drive my house is the last house on the left(the road deadends at a culdisac).

home phone# 508-765-6110 cell phone# 508-864-5385
Posted By: ronin45 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 10/01/05 04:01 PM
so i guess it's on for the 15th?
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 10/01/05 04:11 PM
"directions"

clicking print .... ok .... printing ....
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 10/02/05 01:58 AM
Originally posted by ronin45:
so i guess it's on for the 15th?

I took the 15th off!
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 10/02/05 07:25 PM
15th it is...
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 10/02/05 11:38 PM
Originally posted by WHAT a WE.IN.ER:
15th it is...

yessssss
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 10/03/05 11:42 AM
Mike and I are planning on being there.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 10/03/05 12:04 PM
also, I'm going to post this up on NECO, like we do every year, and extend the invite to them as well.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 10/03/05 12:20 PM
Mike and I are planning on being there.

sweet, it really wouldn't be a fall meet without the regulars

did elky and jess say they were going to make it yet?
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 10/03/05 12:22 PM
they said they're not sure yet
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 10/03/05 12:24 PM
they said they're not sure yet

what can you do, i know they are busy and all, but hopefully they and everyone else can make it that normally make meets, its nice seeing everyone
Posted By: rouar Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 10/04/05 01:57 AM
Confirmed .. I have the Miata for the 15th. w00t!

(I took it out for a spin twice tonight after having not driven it in over a month .. man do I miss driving a five-speed ...)
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 10/04/05 02:48 AM
I'm going to be asking for the 15th off. Shouldn't be a problem. Can't wait!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 10/04/05 03:17 AM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

u serious!?!? FINALLY!
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 10/04/05 12:19 PM

u serious!?!? FINALLY!

who gets the first ride in the 3L ?
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 10/04/05 05:00 PM

u serious!?!? FINALLY!

who gets the first ride in the 3L ?

Me!!!!! j/p

Anyone who goes for a ride will enjoy. Guaranteed or your money back!!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 10/04/05 05:23 PM
saweet! so lets get a count of how many peeps are in
Posted By: skunk_dup1 Re: Fall Meet Discussion Thread - 10/04/05 05:28 PM
we should probally post in the new fall meet thread at the top of the home page.

I think we have around 8 so far.
© CEG Archives