Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 New House Time for Mike and I - 08/10/05 01:55 AM
We made an offer last week and faxed the documents to them. They counteroffered, but we stood firm, and they accepted.
Official P&S agreement was mailed out to them toward the end of last week and it was signed by them and received by our realtor today.

Home inspection is this coming Friday.
Owner is moving out on the 27th.
Closing will be shortly thereafter, no later than Sept 15th.

pics we took
link to the listing with a couple more pics
We'll have more interior pics eventually, even though the paint colors will most likely change before we move in.

It's no dream home, but it's plenty to suit our needs for this stage in our lives.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/10/05 02:07 AM
congrads!!!! I like the deck! good space for neceg meets plus I always loved corner houses
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/10/05 02:57 AM
looks to have great potential, congrats
Posted By: rouar Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/10/05 03:07 AM
Congrats!!

My parents bought their home before I was born with the exact same reasoning you've got ... "at this stage in our lives it makes a decent starter home" ... several renovations and additions later, we're still living here ...

Just warning you
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/10/05 03:27 AM
great house! good luck with the purchase and move.
Posted By: HeavyWeight300 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/10/05 03:32 AM
nice house .
Posted By: Cobra_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/10/05 11:15 AM
At least the garage is heated, so the SVT and Cougar can sleep nice and warm for the winter, well slightly above freezing prolly to save $$ since we won't have any more of that!
Posted By: JSmith_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/10/05 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Cobra:
At least the garage is heated, so the SVT and Cougar can sleep nice and warm for the winter, well slightly above freezing prolly to save $$ since we won't have any more of that!

Thats awesome. Nice house, beautiful lawn, big deck out back with some lattice work for privacy, 2 car garage, what more could you ask for.

I have a feeling that the heated garage was all that the both of you needed to see to be sold.

I think that this is kinda how it went down:

[Kim and Mike]'eh the house is kinda blah, not exactly what we're looking for.

[relator] well before you completely make up your minds let me show you the garage... its heated.

[Kim and Mike] (in unison) We're sold, here's a deposit, where do we sign!!
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/10/05 11:51 AM
heh you silly

We'll be hitting you up for lawncare advice in the near future.
Posted By: wontgrowup_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/10/05 12:15 PM
WHO HOO!!! I'm coming over with my Tube in the winter to slide down your hill in the yard!!!

That's really cool!!! Holly and I were looking to move, but house prices are ridiculous

Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/10/05 12:28 PM
Originally posted by wontgrowup:
WHO HOO!!! I'm coming over with my Tube in the winter to slide down your hill in the yard!!!

That's really cool!!! Holly and I were looking to move, but house prices are ridiculous

sounds like fun

yeah I heard on the radio the average cost of a home now is something around 250K is what I think I heard
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/10/05 12:34 PM
The prices definitely suck.
We had a pricerange in mind, but it was very difficult to find something that suited our needs in that range, that wouldn't require a bunch of work/money anyway.
So we had to face facts and go with the higher priced houses.

And we just heard that the Feds are raising interest rates.
Posted By: bishop375_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/10/05 12:39 PM
Congratulations, guys! That's one hell of a house! Nice patch of land, too!

Hopefully we'll be doing the same in the not too distant future!!!

We're doing the same thing with the price range. At the far end, we can't do anything fun with the lack of leftover funds, and at the low end, you can't find crap, esp. around here.

At least you guys are up in NH... that size house around here is closer to $400k!!!
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/10/05 12:46 PM
Looks very nice. Congrats guys!!!!!
Posted By: cruises8_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/10/05 01:36 PM
Congrats! Nice house!
Posted By: svtavino_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/10/05 01:37 PM
Looks great. It is good the kitchen looks redone. Paint is easy and bathrooms aren't to bad to do. Heated garage is sort of a pain in the winter. But that is because I have a car that uses it everyday. You will probably have both of your nice cars using up the bays so it may not be a problem. You may need to keep the heat on because of exposed pipes in the garage also. Good luck with the home inspection and if things like roof or windows look old don't be afraid to get some money back by saying you will want to replace them. I should have pushed for a few more things on my house.
Posted By: BeachBum_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/10/05 01:39 PM
And close to Rt.93 / 101 and the Millyard.
And meets would only be about 5 miles for me.
Great house and location.
Good luck.

Pappy
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/10/05 01:40 PM
Congratulations Kim and Mike!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/10/05 01:54 PM
Nice! You're going to have to expand the guest house though if you want me to visit. Looks bigger than Buckshots though.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/10/05 02:23 PM
Originally posted by BeachBum:
And meets would only be about 5 miles for me.

funny you mention that. One of the things Mike said when we were looking was "we could do a pretty decent sized CEG meet here"
Spring BBQ meet?

no poohing in the guesthouse Tod!

Thanks for all the comments guys!

Posted By: Snipey Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/10/05 02:50 PM
very nice! looks like a great spot/area.

congrats on the find, enjoy it

-Snipey
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/10/05 03:48 PM
lol a friend of mine just made this:

I guess you CAN poop in the shed now.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/10/05 06:26 PM
LMAO!
Posted By: ronin45 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/10/05 08:05 PM
nice house! the patio/deck area looks awesome. congrats
Posted By: rouar Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/10/05 09:06 PM
When you get the house, I think you should paint those on the shed just for kicks.
Posted By: ElKy Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/11/05 01:41 AM
looks as good in pictures as it does in person!
congrats!
Posted By: Manch-VegasSVT Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/11/05 03:55 AM
schweet house guys, and it's in a nice 'hood too(well hopefully as long as you guys have some decent/cool neighbors{some north enders are pretty snotty }). good luck w/ everything invloved hope it all goes smoothly.
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/11/05 11:34 AM
Congrats on the purchase! Looks like a nice place for sure. Looks like Elky and I still have you beat for parking space though !

Todd, my guest (out)house is much better than theirs, it has 2 levels.

Rick
Posted By: Cueball Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/11/05 01:24 PM
Congrats. Mike told me about while I was waiting for a tow the other night. Damn alternator.

If you need yard advice - I'm free. I know WHAT to do, it's just a matter of finding the time to actually do it.
Posted By: Taynar_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/11/05 06:19 PM
Congradulations. Nice house.
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/15/05 12:07 AM
That's awesome ! Congratulations! I'm happy for you.

We have only lived in NE for about 3.5 years, and have looked for a home several times. It is so hard here, the prices are CRAZY ! ! ! My wife was just down visiting in the Atlanta area (where we moved from) and looked a little... so much better price wise. For what you just paid, you would be surprised what you could get down there. I think we may actually leave NE in the next few years and try to get back down there. We moved here for family, for our kids to have some grandparents around and for us to have some help, but they really aren't that much help...

Sorry, I digress.
Congratulations ! The house looks nice !
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/15/05 07:33 PM
nothing significant to report from the Friday home inspection.
tiny tiny maintenance items here and there for us to clear up, but nothing to delay closing in any way.
The inspector was excellent. I highly recommend him.
Very helpful, patient and knowledgable.

We're now shooting for August 30th closing.

can't believe this is happening. It's really exciting though, despite some of the stressful crapola.

I believe the bank is scheduling the appraisal for sometime this week.
The seller is moving out this weekend instead of next weekend, so we'll be able to do our walkthrough next Monday hopefully.
Posted By: cruises8_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/15/05 08:11 PM
Wow, things are moving quick! I'm glad the inspection went well. That can be very nerve racking, just waiting for something bad to pop up.
Posted By: MAZDASPEED Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/15/05 10:10 PM
Congrats! good luck with the new crib!
Posted By: wontgrowup_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/15/05 11:41 PM
Good luck with the house guys!!! Ain't the whole process "fun" LOL???
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/16/05 01:56 AM
Originally posted by wontgrowup:
Good luck with the house guys!!! Ain't the whole process "fun" LOL???

hell no
we better get this one because I DO NOT want to start all over again.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/16/05 02:32 AM
Congrats!!!

Looks cozy. I can't wait to get a house......I already told Kim the garage is all MINE!!!! Certain things need to happen before then....like something for her ring finger.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/16/05 02:40 PM
Mike and Kim.

Congratulations!
And welcome to Home Ownership where you don't own the house....The HOUSE OWNZ YOU!
haha. It's all good though.
It's been the best year for Lisa and I in our home.
Just don't let the stress get to you two and make that house A HOME! Congrats again!!
Posted By: wontgrowup_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/17/05 12:31 AM
Losing a job that was pretty much supporting the house in the first year we were here sucked!!! I'm glad I wasn't out too long and my wife actually picked up a job at the same place, so we save on gas.....Best of luck in the new home guys!!!
Posted By: MAZDASPEED Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/17/05 01:25 AM
Woah! Hugo, your still around? Hows things!
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 08/25/05 05:37 PM
I still poke around here every once in a while.

Things are great. Work is super busy at CVS and at the bar. The house is coming along and I have two new kittens - Ali and Skyy...They're friggin great.

I've been so damn busy lately I haven't kept in touch with a few people around here...which I need to start doing again.

Hey - you and Sue should look me and Lisa up next time you're in town visiting relatives. We'll have a few drinks and catch up.

I hope all is well on your end too!
Later.
Posted By: baco99 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 09/16/05 12:18 PM
hey! nice d-ck! {insert vowel of your choosing}

seriously, many congrats to you both!

Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 09/16/05 12:35 PM
hey thanks!
nice of you to drop by too!

We've been sanding, prepping, painting, maintaining, mowing, etc etc like mad people.
We put the first coat on our livingroom and hallway last night - that room was the biggest project on our list.

We're leaving for Tampa tonight and coming home Tuesday night, so we'll be using up the rest of next week to finish all our projects and MOVE IN!
And the flight will give me time to finally yank more of the pics off the camera and prep them for upload.

The other big project is the upstairs bathroom. That has been stripped and prepped, but still needs a little sanding and primer, so hopefully my dad can tackle that while we're gone (he offered, and plus he's a god at paint/putty/wallpaper/etc)
Posted By: ElKy Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 09/16/05 01:52 PM
aww man!
jess and i were going to make a surprise stop by your house tonight.
good thing you posted this.

going to tampa...biaiaiaiaiatches.
hehehe
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 09/16/05 02:10 PM
haha the surprise woulda been on YOU
and then my dad woulda put you to work. heheheh
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 09/16/05 03:12 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:
aww man!
jess and i were going to make a surprise stop by your house tonight.
good thing you posted this.

going to tampa...biaiaiaiaiatches.
hehehe

yeah I was just thinking if you guys needed help this weekend I could head up there

side note I get to go to West Palm beach sometime soon
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 09/26/05 02:36 PM
welp
we're all moved in. Big thanks to Elky for the help, especially with the engine. Too bad I was too busy upstairs, I would have liked to snap pics of that whole process.

Piles and piles of boxes now await us in basement and "den" (4 seasons room off the kitchen).
At first I was dreading the box sorting process, but I took some things out last night and actually had a blast.
It was like Christmas!!

We still have a little cleanup to do at the apartment, but we're hoping to finish that up within the next couple days. Then the task of asking for our deposit back, and hopefully reimbursement for the remaining oil in the tank. eek. I hope they comply with our requests!

One of these days I'll get more pictures posted. I've been trying to take progress pics of the painting process. A couple touch ups need to be done, and the upstairs bathroom still needs to be finished.

Hopefully next fall we can redo the basement and make it a real "mantown", complete with bar, pool table, stripper pole, etc. Can't wait for that!
Posted By: bishop375_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 09/26/05 04:22 PM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

Hopefully next fall we can redo the basement and make it a real "mantown", complete with bar, pool table, stripper pole, etc. Can't wait for that!

Stripper pole! Bonus!!

Congrats, guys! Hopefully we'll have that "new house smell" in the not too distant future, too!
Posted By: JSmith_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 09/26/05 08:14 PM
Originally posted by bishop375:
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

Stripper pole! Bonus!!

Stripper poles are certainly nice, but they're just not the same whithout a scantally clad lady dancing around and on it.
Posted By: ElKy Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 09/26/05 09:49 PM
Congrats, guys! Hopefully we'll have that "new house smell" in the not too distant future, too!

whatchutawkinbout willis?
are you and jess house shopping?

kim, i just wish i didn't have to work that night and could have stayed later to help more.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 09/27/05 12:04 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:

whatchutawkinbout willis?
are you and jess house shopping?

He means Robin of course
Little too much Jess on his mind...
Posted By: ElKy Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 09/27/05 11:53 PM
D'OH!!
hahaha
Posted By: wontgrowup_dup1 Re: New House Time for Mike and I - 09/28/05 03:22 AM
I can't wait for the jackass who's "bidding" on this house to just agree to terms and move already....he's from NYC, so he's evidently doing all the paperwork via fax...I think he's seen the house in person once.

Congrats guys!! Hopefully, we will be in the drivers seat within a year or two to get a decent house with a yard and without the sound of gunfire Springfield's really gone downhill....
© CEG Archives