Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: CHF_Slapaho_dup1 Silver SVT on fire! (Miami, FL) - 01/17/06 03:56 PM
Just wondering if it was anyone from this site.

It happened on US1 and 90-something street at the mall where the Hooligans is at around 8am. From what I could tell it was an E1 in silver. I spotted the Fire Department pouring water into the engine bay of the smoldering car. The hood was shattered and burnt to a crisp. There was a guy in his early 20's standing outside of the car watching the FD do their work.

Was it a CEG member? If so, I'm sorry for the loss.

Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Silver SVT on fire! (Miami, FL) - 01/17/06 08:55 PM
I wonder if its a 3.0L w/ the current fuel rail
Posted By: GilNewball Re: Silver SVT on fire! (Miami, FL) - 01/19/06 04:55 PM
Have you tried COA?

That's one thing that tends to happen out here. All the humidity will pull a number on your fuel rails and rust it up bad. Many a floridiot's car had been burnt to a crisp due to that. I've seen like 5 driving to Miami from West Palm in ONE DAY.

If anything I doubt he was a member. Probably never even touched the hood latch!
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Silver SVT on fire! (Miami, FL) - 01/19/06 11:26 PM
thats crazy.... I just spotted a black SVT in PGA by prosperity Famrs RD.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Silver SVT on fire! (Miami, FL) - 01/20/06 02:15 AM
Originally posted by gilroynewball:

That's one thing that tends to happen out here. All the humidity will pull a number on your fuel rails and rust it up bad. Many a floridiot's car had been burnt to a crisp due to that. I've seen like 5 driving to Miami from West Palm in ONE DAY.

Are you kidding? After living in Florida for 17 years I have never heard of that, ever. Doesnt even make sense, especially considering there are tons of places at least as humid as Florida.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Silver SVT on fire! (Miami, FL) - 01/20/06 03:24 AM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

Are you kidding? After living in Florida for 17 years I have never heard of that, ever. Doesnt even make sense, especially considering there are tons of places at least as humid as Florida.

I've lived in Florida for 25 years and have never heard of this fuel rail rust problem. I've had 3 Contiques, still own two, and have an SVT fuel rail sitting next to me right now. Not a lick of rust on ANY of them - and I don't maintain my car aggressively enough to EVER do any maintenance to the fuel rails.

Maybe it's just aircraft that have this problem...

Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: Silver SVT on fire! (Miami, FL) - 01/20/06 03:33 AM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

I've lived in Florida for 25 years and have never heard of this fuel rail rust problem. I've had 3 Contiques, still own two, and have an SVT fuel rail sitting next to me right now. Not a lick of rust on ANY of them - and I don't maintain my car aggressively enough to EVER do any maintenance to the fuel rails.

we all know his dislike for FL. so this shouldnt be a big surprise coming from him.
Posted By: GilNewball Re: Silver SVT on fire! (Miami, FL) - 01/20/06 03:56 PM
This I've seen in Palm Beach and Broward a lot. And particularly with SUPER CRAP cars. But I mean, CRAP CAR, falling apart and everything. Fit to put in a fire anyhow.

Plus I've seen it in a friend's van (some Nissan thing), which is kept in "decent" condition (outside. Under the hood is a different story). REALLY RUSTED fuel rail. Don't ask me why or how, but I saw it. When I get the chance, I might take a photo of it.

Quote:

lol, no, but you should see what a hurricane can to do a plane. No flame war, please.

For that, go to airliners.net and check out the arguments on airbus v. boeing. Really heated! Good thing I'm not in it!

© CEG Archives