Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: JeremySeVT VA and MD meet - 08/18/03 01:39 AM
Alrighty folks,

As many of you know, the Cap-CEG usually has their bimonthly meeting at the Stained Glass Pub Too, hosted by SVT ST PETE. This Friday, 22nd, is the night.. and I'm trying to get an extra large group out there, I may sound foolish, but I've been wanting to get us VA folks together for a while.. so maybe we could all do this as a last meet of summer before some of us head back to class.. I know VCU starts this week. I've been PMing some of yall out there and haven't received confirmation so I wanted to let everyone know of this -extra- special occation.. I mean, after all, I'll be there .

Check out the original post:
"Fri, Aug 15th @ 8pm (late notice)"

Hope to hear from all yall! Come on VA!
Posted By: GTO Pete Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/18/03 02:03 AM
= Capitol CEG "every-other-Friday get together" for food and drinks =

Stained Glass Pub Too
3333 Olney Sandy Spring #R
Olney, MD 20832
(301) 774-3778

*not that great a place, but:
1. food is decent and cheap
2. pitchers of Miller Lite are decently priced
3. we don't have to wait an hour and a half for a table for 10+

Corner building @ a 4 way light, 2nd floor

Nearby landmarks:
McDonald's
CVS
Shopper's Food Warehouse

Directions !

Roll call so far:
1. Pete
2. Josh
3. Nutt
4. Jason
5. Tom
6. Antonio
7. John (kokopellian)
8. sleeperv6
9. Craig (SVTFORME2)
10. proliphik
11. watdge
12. Jess?
13. Andy?
14. Matt?
15. John?
16. Sean?
Posted By: JeremySeVT Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/18/03 02:30 AM
Thanks Pete.
Posted By: proliphik Re: VA and MD meet - 08/18/03 03:41 AM
well what time would the richmonders like to leave?? i say we all leave together meet somewhere then go, just pm me a time n ill shoot you one back to confirm
Posted By: egrau Re: VA and MD meet - 08/18/03 03:45 AM
hey guys,
i new to the area, how far is this meet from virginia beach?
also, is anyone from va beach/hampton roads area ever attend the meets?
thanks

-e-
Posted By: JeremySeVT Re: VA and MD meet - 08/18/03 04:10 AM
Hey Egrau,

The final destination of the meet is in Maryland, which is 2 hours north of Richmond. You are about an 1.5 hours from us here in richmond if you live in VA beach. Could be a long day, but well worth it. Like Proliphik was saying, caravaning is planned so feel free to join the fun! If you aren't interested in heading up to MD, but would like to meet up with us in Richmond for a little while, we could do that also.

If you have any thoughts.. let us know

Great to have you here. Hope to see you around.
Posted By: proliphik Re: VA and MD meet - 08/18/03 04:10 AM
well from richmond it said it was approx 2 hours 18 min, so VA beach from richmond is...1 1/2 hours give or take...soo? almost 4 hours? best bet would be leave early get there stay maybe at another ceg'ers? then leave the next day
Posted By: JeremySeVT Re: VA and MD meet - 08/18/03 04:18 AM
Posted By: DanG Re: VA and MD meet - 08/18/03 12:33 PM
D'oh.... It's my wife's birthday... Got the mother-in-law flying in and everything....

Not that you'd want a Cougar tainting your otherwise Contour meet.
Posted By: JeremySeVT Re: VA and MD meet - 08/18/03 05:13 PM
You've got a cougar, with a contour heart. I'm sure we could let it slide this time
Posted By: DanG Re: VA and MD meet - 08/18/03 05:52 PM
Yeah, but that's just it- I won't be able to show- I've got mother-in-law duties and we're taking the wife out for her b-day... I really wanted to get to this meet, too...
Posted By: Andy W._dup1 Re: VA and MD meet - 08/18/03 05:55 PM
Your wife's birthday will come again next year skip it this year. LOL! Who wants to see their mother-in-law anyway!

-Andy
Posted By: JeremySeVT Re: VA and MD meet - 08/18/03 08:21 PM
Hahahah

Yeah, she won't mind... ...more seriously though, sorry to hear you can't make it.
Posted By: SVTFORME2_dup1 Re: VA and MD meet - 08/18/03 09:12 PM
Posted By: egrau Re: VA and MD meet - 08/19/03 03:14 AM
4 hours is nothing to me really, i drive to and from FL (12 hours) all the time. My SVT E0 has been in the shop since July 4th!...its supposed to be done wed or thurs (20-21). How nice would that be to get my car back and go meet a buncha other CEGers the next day
dmn i miss my car. Oh yea it is bone stock though (have owned car for 4 months), the reason its in the shop i cuz a dude ran a redlight and hit me.
Posted By: JeremySeVT Re: VA and MD meet - 08/19/03 03:41 AM
Awesome. Let's hope you get it back in time. If you are able to come, we'd probably meet up in Richmond then travel on.

I recieved a PM from JayBoSVT and he said we would be out of town and couldn't make it this time. Oh well.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: VA and MD meet - 08/19/03 03:50 AM
As I said, I'll be there. I'll be hungry to I think I'll go with what Pete had last time.
Posted By: moxnix_dup1 Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/19/03 04:09 AM
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:
16. Sean?

Sorry dont know anybody by that spelling of that name

As for myself I am not sure yet if I will make it this week.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/19/03 04:14 AM
Originally posted by moxnix:
16. Sean?

Sorry dont know anybody by that spelling of that name

As for myself I am not sure yet if I will make it this week.

Sorry SHAWN.

Originally posted by kokopellian:
As I said, I'll be there. I'll be hungry to I think I'll go with what Pete had last time.

Open Roast Beef Sandwich
Posted By: LoudnQuik Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/19/03 11:54 AM
Hey i'll be there but after work!
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: VA and MD meet - 08/19/03 02:39 PM
Originally posted by DanG:
Got the mother-in-law flying in and everything....

even more of a reason to come right?

j/k, i'll be there most likely with my five year old boy, and maybe my nephew. john, let me know about a caravan, and richmond guys, let us know if you want to meet up with us before you go that way, we are right off of I-95 in Woodbridge
Posted By: JeremySeVT Re: VA and MD meet - 08/19/03 02:58 PM
caravaning is a must We'd gladdly join up with yall, I know that's what I want to do at least.. what do you other fellas think?
Posted By: proliphik Re: VA and MD meet - 08/19/03 03:23 PM
i'm down someone bring the camera oh wait i have one!!!
Posted By: JeremySeVT Re: VA and MD meet - 08/20/03 04:17 AM
Ok, so far, I know there'll be 3 of us rolling from Richmond. I hope we can grab a few more.. but so far, that looks like that's how it'll be. My dad may be buying another SE on thursday, so maybe my brother will tag along in that 98. We'll see.
Posted By: buchsvt_dup1 Re: VA and MD meet - 08/20/03 01:59 PM
Where are you guys going to meet in Richmond? I MAYBE able to pull something off Friday.
Posted By: proliphik Re: VA and MD meet - 08/20/03 02:38 PM
wal mart parking lot towards wendys around 5ish?
Posted By: JeremySeVT Re: VA and MD meet - 08/20/03 03:14 PM
Originally posted by buchsvt:
Where are you guys going to meet in Richmond? I MAYBE able to pull something off Friday.

Hope you can, the more the merrier. I just got my windows tinted this mornin' , looks good.
Posted By: EvlBill Re: VA and MD meet - 08/20/03 03:17 PM
Man, with all these Richmond people comin up there, maybe I should try to make it too.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: VA and MD meet - 08/20/03 05:55 PM
Haven't met any of you guys yet other then Bill (evilbill)...maybe I'll give it a shot. I'll probably feel a little out of place being the old guy...sounds like most of you guys are pretty young. I would definitly like to check out some other tours and meet you guys. What time do you guys expect to be there?

Scott
Posted By: JeremySeVT Re: VA and MD meet - 08/20/03 06:02 PM
You're more than welcome to come! I believe that most of us are going to try to get there around 8pm. If traffic isn't too bad for us Virginians, we'll be there then.
Posted By: SVTFORME2_dup1 Re: VA and MD meet - 08/20/03 06:43 PM
Don't feel bad...I'm an old guy, besides we are all contour enthusiast. I have been a few times and had a good time.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: VA and MD meet - 08/20/03 06:50 PM
Sounds good...I'll see what I can do. I think it is only 15-20 minutes from my work. I'll try and get there between 7:30 and 8:00 if all goes well.

Scott
Posted By: SVTFORME2_dup1 Re: VA and MD meet - 08/20/03 06:51 PM
They are usually their around 8:00 so you should be good!
Posted By: moxnix_dup1 Re: VA and MD meet - 08/20/03 08:14 PM
I show up at about 10:15 - 10:30 or so when I show up becuase it is about 15 mins from where I work.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: VA and MD meet - 08/20/03 08:27 PM
Originally posted by scottd60:
I'll probably feel a little out of place being the old guy...sounds like most of you guys are pretty young.

You need to come and keep me and Craig company.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: VA and MD meet - 08/20/03 09:11 PM
I'll probably feel a little out of place being the old guy...sounds like most of you guys are pretty young.

And I'm the other old head
Posted By: proliphik Re: VA and MD meet - 08/21/03 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Kokopellian:

And I'm the other old head

ill be the youngest at 16! 17 next month tho!
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: VA and MD meet - 08/21/03 02:32 AM
i'm 24, 25 in jan., my son is going to be 6 in november
Posted By: proliphik Re: VA and MD meet - 08/21/03 02:51 AM
i drove by woodbridge today i went to DC to skate, sucked tho...major bust
Posted By: JeremySeVT Re: VA and MD meet - 08/21/03 12:57 PM
My folks just bought a black 98 SE mtx. So I my brother may be able to roll down with us, now. That's one more for Richmond
Posted By: Andy W._dup1 Re: VA and MD meet - 08/21/03 02:52 PM
Originally posted by cliffjohnson:
i'm 24, 25 in jan.

LOL me too! Jan 22!

-Andy
Posted By: SVTFORME2_dup1 Re: VA and MD meet - 08/21/03 04:30 PM
Tell me it isn't so....I have to work Friday . I am trying to get out of it, and if I can I will be their for sure. I really hate to miss this one since this may be one of our biggest meets. We have to have another meet before the weather changes!
Posted By: proliphik Re: VA and MD meet - 08/21/03 05:00 PM
theres a mechanicsville in maryland? wow...weird
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: VA and MD meet - 08/22/03 03:16 AM
yeah, this sux, i can't make it tomorrow. i have to work at the Patriot Center at night and i have stuff to do at catholic all morning. i suck, sorry
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/22/03 04:01 AM
Roll call:
1. Pete
2. James (my gf's cousin)
3. Josh
4. Nutt
5. Jess
6. Jason
7. Tom
8. Antonio
9. John (kokopellian)
10. sleeperv6
11. Jeremy (watdge)
12. watdge's brother
13. proliphik
14. SHAWN
15. Scott
16. Bill

Sorry if I left anyone off.
Posted By: JeremySeVT Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/22/03 04:07 AM
Alrighty,

How many of yall are going from northern VA? We Richmond folks would gladdly meet up.. Just give us an exit and a time..

Thanks
Posted By: moxnix_dup1 Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/22/03 04:48 AM
Roll call:
14. SHAWN

moxnix will make it.
Posted By: Andy W._dup1 Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/22/03 10:54 AM
I think I'll probably be able to make it!

-Andy
Posted By: proliphik Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/22/03 01:23 PM
oh for everyone who didn't know my name is sam. just thought i'd share
Posted By: JeremySeVT Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/22/03 05:54 PM
Alrighty, just a few hours from now the Richmonders are going to be meeting up. If there are any northern VAers that want to meet up before the meet, speak now or forever hold your peace.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/22/03 06:58 PM
Well, Cliff and I were going to hold down No. VA, but since he sold out I guess it will just be me. I could meet the Richmonders if you want. let me know.
Posted By: sleeperv6 Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/23/03 03:25 AM
cable on my imrc broke off the cable mount so i replaced that so i couldnt make it...i was lucky enough that i had bought another imrc off of ebay and picked that up at 8:30pm tonite....but by the time i had put the new one on and tested it out...it was too late to make it....but if anybody wants to drop by columbia, md i will at the show sponsered by audio connection. sunday 10 -4
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/23/03 05:09 AM
Well, it was a good turnout and it was nice to put some faces to names and meet some VA CEGers.

Thanks, it was a good time!

We'll try to set something else up in the near future. Perhaps a small mod meet/cookout at my place or something.
Posted By: JeremySeVT Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/23/03 07:23 AM
Pete beat me to it. It was good meet. Lucky for me I rolled in at 3:30am . Everyone's car looked good. We've gotta have another meet not too far off.. let's not forget the mountain drive...

Good stuff, had fun, nice meeting all of you.
Posted By: SVTFORME2_dup1 Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/23/03 12:36 PM
Sounds like everyone had fun, and I am sorry I missed it.
That sounds good Pete, just let us all know when. I hope nobody needed to camp out but made it home safely.
Well, Cliff and I were going to hold down No. VA, but since he sold out I guess it will just be me.

hey hey now, you'll see when you have your little one, time alone becomes precious, sorry i couldn't make it, anyone take any pics? also, my computer at home got that virus so i can barely get on anymore, this sux!
Posted By: proliphik Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/23/03 02:49 PM
jesus jeremy you got home at 330, i was back in the west end at 145. and i haven't gone to sleep yet, my car ran out of gas, wow it was a gay night after we left. but i had a lot of fun and i have some pics of me n jeremy on the interstate
Posted By: JeremySeVT Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/23/03 05:17 PM
hahah, yeah, I went to a gas station around 2:30am to get some more fuel and I knew I wasn't going to have that much cash in my checking account, I have a credit line (basically a creditcard from the bank) So whenever I have money I try to put as much as possible into that the credit line so that my monthly payments aren't so big.. but I hadn't added money back to my checking for a while...well.. so I put $5.01. The card doesn't go through...

so I went over to the atm.. says I have $1.80. Great. I have no cash on me. so I tell the guy, let me check my car. So I start with my change stash... ok $4 in change.. and that's it.. no more in my change holder.. so I start searchin' around for change under the seats.. thank goodness for lost change.. I found what I needed, and just imagine, if I hadn't bought 2 meals that night, I would have been fine.

Hey Sam, if you can email me or post those pictures of the cruise. Thanks.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/23/03 05:42 PM
Originally posted by cliffjohnson:
Well, Cliff and I were going to hold down No. VA, but since he sold out I guess it will just be me.

hey hey now, you'll see when you have your little one, time alone becomes precious, sorry i couldn't make it, anyone take any pics? also, my computer at home got that virus so i can barely get on anymore, this sux!

LMAO, I hear ya Cliff. I was just razzin' ya. I didn't make it either as I got a BAD case of food poisoning! Guh! I was hemmed up all night. Grrrr... Anyway, I'm p'd that I missed it! Next time guys. I'm still down for the Skyline or Cooter's Cruise. Holla at me Pete, we'll see if we can make this happen.
Posted By: proliphik Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/23/03 06:31 PM
OMFG i forgot i saw a skyline on the way home and a hooked up supra, i died

ok i'm gonna try to post pics, lets see if it works

pictures
Posted By: JeremySeVT Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/23/03 08:24 PM
Originally posted by proliphik:

ok i'm gonna try to post pics, lets see if it works

pictures

Thanks
Posted By: EvlBill Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/23/03 09:50 PM
Don't worry Cliff, John didn't come either. Just the Richmond guys and I from VA... once I finally found the pub.
Posted By: proliphik Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/23/03 10:21 PM
sounds like me i couldn't find the place for about 2 hours
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/25/03 03:52 PM
Glad I made it...great bunch of guys with some real nice cars . I had my digital camera with me and totally forgot to take some pic's. Probably wouldn't have turned out to good anyway...it was pretty dark in the parking lot where we were all parked. I hope to hook up with you guys again in the future

I thought I was nailed by a Montgomery County cop when I barked and pretty hard 2nd heading down Rt. 97 at 1:00 am but luckily he was not after me the cruise was on the rest of the way home after that

Scott

P.S.
I am definitely the old guy No biggie...didn't bother me a bit!
Posted By: EvlBill Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/25/03 06:17 PM
I was afraid that cop was goin for you, glad to hear otherwise.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/25/03 08:47 PM
I was definitely pretty lucky

Check out my painted rotors and calipers in the Aesthetics section under Jeremy's post on "what color to paint my calipers". I got the front and rear driver side done Sunday..now I need to do the passenger side

Scott
Posted By: JeremySeVT Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/25/03 10:38 PM
I was definitely pretty lucky

Check out my painted rotors and calipers in the Aesthetics section under Jeremy's post on "what color to paint my calipers". I got the front and rear driver side done Sunday..now I need to do the passenger side

Scott

I like what you've done there scott. I think it really will add to your already slick ride. Did you use a wire brush or anything like that to clean it, or just washed them? And what kind of paint did you use?
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/26/03 10:59 PM
Jeremy,

I took them pretty much completely off...left brake hose connected though. Used a wire brush in a drill and also a small wire brush (like a tooth brush). Cleaning is very important...use a degreaser or brake clean and then soap and water. Others also recommend final cleaning with alcohol...I did not do this. I painted the caliper mtg. brackets, rotor hubs and rotor vents with Seymour Hi-Temp "Cast Blast" looks like sand blasted bare metal. The calipers I painted with Seymour Engine Enamel (Ford/Chrysler Red). Make sure you mask off everything real good to avoid over spray on places you don't want. I rushed a little on the rear and did not clean the calipers as good and got lots of "fish-eyes". After stripping the paint off about three times I finally got it clean and the paint took and looks great. So don't skimp on the cleaning you will be much happier in the end

Here are a few more pic's web page

Good luck with the calipers and bumpers...your car will look sweet when done!

Scott
Posted By: Quick_SVT Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/27/03 02:23 AM
I really wanted to go to this meet, but i had 6 PC's to work on and two of them are servers, so i needed to have them finished by sat morning If anyone has pics from this meet can you please post em... we have some awesome tours in MD/DC/VA area and i noticed a lot of them are'nt even members of this forum
Posted By: JeremySeVT Re: Friday, Aug 22nd @8pm - MD VA CEG - 08/27/03 04:35 AM
Originally posted by QuickSE:
I really wanted to go to this meet, but i had 6 PC's to work on and two of them are servers, so i needed to have them finished by sat morning If anyone has pics from this meet can you please post em... we have some awesome tours in MD/DC/VA area and i noticed a lot of them are'nt even members of this forum

Hey, we have a skyline drive coming up next month through the mountains of VA. We don't know the date yet.. but I'm going to put up a new thread soon. Perhaps tonight. But I know that there will probably be a very nice turn out for that.

Hope things work out better next time!

And Scott, thanks!
© CEG Archives