Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Cris'pus SADEEQ or anyone, cheap SVT again - 08/31/03 11:38 PM
Well, this is crazy or a misprint. Clicky click
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: SADEEQ or anyone, cheap SVT again - 09/01/03 04:46 AM
12995 isn't all that cheap. I probably couldn't get that for my 2K!
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: SADEEQ or anyone, cheap SVT again - 09/01/03 05:19 AM
Originally posted by Qbert:

If you checked the other prices, you will notice that SVT's have generally kept their prices better than American ones(19-22K here). Yeah I can buy a $4500 SVT on eBAY but am I? no. All us Canadians know that that's a good deal here. Even 99 SE's can go for up to $12K here. So 1K more is very good. I feel sorry for you guys, no wonder ppl don't value svt's as much as they should, when you can pick one up for less than 5K there! Even my GL (which was the cheapest I found from a stealership) was 7700. Just my .02
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: SADEEQ or anyone, cheap SVT again - 09/01/03 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Cris'pus:

If you checked the other prices, you will notice that SVT's have generally kept their prices better than American ones(19-22K here). Yeah I can buy a $4500 SVT on eBAY but am I? no. All us Canadians know that that's a good deal here. Even 99 SE's can go for up to $12K here. So 1K more is very good. I feel sorry for you guys, no wonder ppl don't value svt's as much as they should, when you can pick one up for less than 5K there! Even my GL (which was the cheapest I found from a stealership) was 7700. Just my .02

Yep, trust me, I understand (so does my pocketbook). Have you looked in the classifieds lately? There are very few above 10K in there!
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: SADEEQ or anyone, cheap SVT again - 09/01/03 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Cris'pus:

Yep, trust me, I understand (so does my pocketbook). Have you looked in the classifieds lately? There are very few above 10K in there!

Ummm, not in that buysell website. I'm talking about SVT's.
Average price=18700

Average Price Non-SVT=9696

Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: SADEEQ or anyone, cheap SVT again - 09/01/03 01:02 PM
Actually I was talking about here:

http://www.contour.org/classifieds/classifieds.php?t=1&c=2

But surprisingly, there are more at 10-11K then the last time I looked.
Posted By: auiotour Re: SADEEQ or anyone, cheap SVT again - 09/01/03 05:43 PM
wow feel sorry for who buys a svt that is a 99 for 18k, man, people on ceg, who have super chargers, or turbo's already in, and the rest stock arn't asking much over 13k, with low miles. even ones that have so much stuff done to them aren't over 13k.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: SADEEQ or anyone, cheap SVT again - 09/01/03 07:42 PM
Originally posted by auiotour:
wow feel sorry for who buys a svt that is a 99 for 18k, man, people on ceg, who have super chargers, or turbo's already in, and the rest stock arn't asking much over 13k, with low miles. even ones that have so much stuff done to them aren't over 13k.

Yeah, your prices sure dropped and have made Northern models look like a ripoff. But it's a pain to adapt an Amer to become a Cdn one.
Posted By: auiotour Re: SADEEQ or anyone, cheap SVT again - 09/02/03 12:13 AM
lol, didn't think about in canada
Isn't the $12,995 in Canadian dollars not US? So it would be more like $9,000 US if it is indeed in Canadian.

I think you are comparing US prices to Canadian without doing the exchange conversion.
Posted By: auiotour Re: SADEEQ or anyone, cheap SVT again - 09/03/03 12:42 AM
lol
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: SADEEQ or anyone, cheap SVT again - 09/03/03 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Outback Gal:
Isn't the $12,995 in Canadian dollars not US? So it would be more like $9,000 US if it is indeed in Canadian.

I think you are comparing US prices to Canadian without doing the exchange conversion.

Originally posted by auiotour:
lol

Well, I KNOW that it's in Canadian, BUT as I said. Our SVT's have KEPT their price. So YES it seems too much, but for US it is very very GOOD.
I wasn't pointing that out to you, I was pointing that out to Qbert who seemed to be comparing US prices to Canadian without doing the exchange.
© CEG Archives