Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: DDV T-Red E0 SVT Spotted - 11/28/05 03:55 AM
Oh wait, that was my reflection in the store window!

Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. (I know you Canadians didn't have Thanksgiving this weekend, but did you get a long weekend?)

Regards,
David
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: T-Red E0 SVT Spotted - 11/28/05 09:25 PM
Yeah, funny how that happens. I opened my garage door this morning and there it was! A black SVT!! Oh yeah, brought that home yesterday, just not used to it yet.

I had a great thanksgiving. Met up with family, ate, played cards, ate, slept, ate, ate, and...oh yeah...ate! Wow, I think I gained 5 pounds! Still, it seemed that something was missing...something metal...?

There is no spoon
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: T-Red E0 SVT Spotted - 11/28/05 11:54 PM
Mike: When will you have your synchros checked out? Is the SVT in line ahead of or behind the Monte Carlo(s) to be worked on? Do you feel like helping me install a new imrc and a tb upgrade?
Posted By: DDV Re: T-Red E0 SVT Spotted - 11/29/05 01:52 AM
Originally posted by shotwell:
Still, it seemed that something was missing...something metal...?

Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: T-Red E0 SVT Spotted - 11/29/05 04:12 AM
That trans will be pulled and sent to Terry just as soon as I can raise the money to complete the project. I'm thinking $1500. While Terry is in there I'll get more upgrades...because I can. Until then it's a running vehicle with no 2nd gear Sure is nice to drive it again though. There are many other issues as well, none so serious though. She just needs some serious TLC.

I'm taking the SO3 Pole Position tires off ASAP as not to waste them. They're expensive! I have some Michelin tires I received from a friend with 80% tread...perfect for the winter.

I'll be down your way Dec 16-18, 24-26, 31-Jan 2. I don't imagine it would take more than three hours to complete both jobs, so any of those weekends could be worked out.

Will there be any winter meets this season? It's been a while. North, south, whatever guys...let me know.
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: T-Red E0 SVT Spotted - 11/29/05 07:01 PM
Right this moment, any of those weekends should work. And if Chris can do a follow up to the prior UIM cleaning, that might leave me set for a trip to a dyno close to the Portland airport, if it's still there. No, I can't afford a good chip - not yet - and house payments rule out a turbo.
Posted By: auiotour Re: T-Red E0 SVT Spotted - 12/02/05 09:49 PM
Originally posted by PDXSVT:
Right this moment, any of those weekends should work. And if Chris can do a follow up to the prior UIM cleaning, that might leave me set for a trip to a dyno close to the Portland airport, if it's still there. No, I can't afford a good chip - not yet - and house payments rule out a turbo.

Whats your PCM Code?
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: T-Red E0 SVT Spotted - 12/02/05 11:12 PM
auiotour, I don't know what my pcm code # is yet, I've not bothered checking. Without pulling parts out from under my hood or crawling in below my passenger dash area, is there some pattern from my build # that implies what my pcm code probably is? I'm also guessing since you're asking, that you want to suggest/offer an alternate to a new custom chip.
Posted By: auiotour Re: T-Red E0 SVT Spotted - 12/13/05 09:38 PM
I am thinking maybe of giving it away. Not much use for it as of now Since I have one from Arizon Dyno or whatever they are called.

Its actually not to bed to get to. just pull the carpet back and check on the plastic piece. should tell you.
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: T-Red E0 SVT Spotted - 12/14/05 11:24 PM
Llane: I'll try to get a look for that PCM code this weekend. And how do you like your ADC set up?

Mike: when do you want to play with an imrc and a tb?
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: T-Red E0 SVT Spotted - 12/15/05 05:07 AM
Originally posted by PDXSVT:
when do you want to play with an imrc and a tb?

Pick a weekend and we'll play. This coming weekend and New Year's weekend will be most flexable, but Christmas weekend could work too since I don't have to leave town until Tuesday night.
Posted By: auiotour Re: T-Red E0 SVT Spotted - 12/20/05 09:48 PM
Well, i only have the supercharger and well... don't feel like going into detail as the thing pisses me off still. (search past threads in the FI section)
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: T-Red E0 SVT Spotted - 12/21/05 04:26 AM
Mike: early in the day on 12/24 could work, and right now something should be doable on New year's weekend also.

Llane: I did not get that code number off the PCM yet, ice storm got in the way of plans, I was stuck in So. Oregon most of the weekend, saw some lovely rollovers Sunday a.m. just north of Roseburg.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: T-Red E0 SVT Spotted - 12/21/05 05:15 AM
Check. Shouldn't be a problem.
© CEG Archives