Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Cris'pus A meet. Before the snow. Or during! - 11/11/04 08:13 PM
Are there any shows or happenings that we could all meet? The fall colours probably look good up the Chuckanut right
I don't know of anything, but I'd be up for a meet. It was a nice sunny day here today, with all kinds of fall-colored leaves hangning on the trees... Great day for a drive!

Marty
Posted By: DDV Re: A meet. Before the snow. Or during! - 11/12/04 09:33 PM
I'm not sure how vivid the colors will be along Chuckanut Drive (seems most of the trees there are evergreens), but it'd still be a great drive.

I can't do it this weekend, but maybe next?

Shotwell, how 'bout you?

Tropictour?

Auiotour?

Beowulf?

Tjbugs1?
Posted By: Beowulf Re: A meet. Before the snow. Or during! - 11/12/04 11:19 PM
Next weekend is no good for me, I have the BeoLingââ??¢ that weekend.
Posted By: auiotour Re: A meet. Before the snow. Or during! - 11/13/04 12:29 AM
Work on weekends. All i can say is that, i need 2 weeks in advance for weekend meets now. unless they are like at noon and not to far off. I start work at 5:45 on weekends, so that drive would be out of the questions. I would love to take my super charger and test it out a bit. but I still need to dyno it and get some good working numbers.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: A meet. Before the snow. Or during! - 11/13/04 03:02 AM
Ok! Sounds like Chuckanut is still a good place to drive.
How about the 'Thanksgiving Day' Weekend, the 27th. Gives you time to book a couple hours of your saturday. BTW, you guys, how long does it take one way?

On another note I get my car back tomorrow
i'm up for a meet, thankgiving weekend is no go for me, i'm gonna be in spokane then.. but i'll keep checking back for updates...
I could do Chuckanut next weekend...the 20th. I'll be out of town (Portland) Thanksgiving weekend. Maybe a Portland meet the 27th? Might even be able to bring my Contour to that.
Posted By: Wijn Re: A meet. Before the snow. Or during! - 11/15/04 02:57 AM
If you want to do Chuckanut I will be in.

If you want to do lunch, I will buy for all at Homestead in Lynden. (not too far away) and we own the golf course w/ the restaraunt on it.

We do Harley meets there and park the bikes right under the awning. Would be fun to do w/ the cars.

Wijn

That sounds pretty sweet! I'll try to keep up in my POS Malibu...my SVT is currently OOC. Anyone else in for this weekend at Chuckanut?
Posted By: Mohaj Re: A meet. Before the snow. Or during! - 11/16/04 08:55 AM
Are you guys still shooting for a post Thanksgiving date on the Chuckanuk ride. I might be up for that depending on which day it ultimately ends up happening on... got some work related things to handle that weekend.

Theres also some big import meet up in Vancouver BC that weekend that some of the guys I work with were trying to get me to go to.
Posted By: Wijn Re: A meet. Before the snow. Or during! - 11/16/04 06:01 PM
I would be interested in the Vancouver import run too. Only an hour from my house

Wijn
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: A meet. Before the snow. Or during! - 11/17/04 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Mohaj:
Are you guys still shooting for a post Thanksgiving date on the Chuckanuk ride. I might be up for that depending on which day it ultimately ends up happening on... got some work related things to handle that weekend.

Theres also some big import meet up in Vancouver BC that weekend that some of the guys I work with were trying to get me to go to.

No Mohaj, we're looking towards THIS weekend, not after Thanksgiving.
That importfest show is on the 27th(thksgvn wkd), here's a link to check it out. Basically it's the biggest import show we get up in Vancouver and it costs $16.00 CDN if you use paypal. I :might: think about going.

I got my car yesterday. And mmm, can't wait to break it open on the country roads. C'mon any more takers? And for those unfamiliar with this nice drive here's some photos and where it is. Come, please.

I might be able to make it this Saturday, but I prolly wouldn't be able to get there before 11 or so, 'cause I'll be at a LAN party until midnight or later the night before. That, and the fact that it looks like it'll take 3+ hours or so just to get up there! How long does the drive take? It looks like its only ~40-50 miles long, but I suppose it depends on how much stuff you stop to look at...

Marty
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: A meet. Before the snow. Or during! - 11/17/04 09:24 AM
Ok to Burlington Coat Factory, oh I mean Burlington is ~220 Miles from Portland-ish, and that's about where it starts. The Chuckanut is 23 Miles long from what I've researched. I too plan on a later start, like noon/after noon. And theweathernetwork seems to point to only partly cloudy
Posted By: Wijn Re: A meet. Before the snow. Or during! - 11/17/04 04:37 PM
I'm totally bumming that it's this weekend instead of after T-Day.

I'm heading to Bainbridge Island w/ my wife on long planned outing.

I drive chuckanut all the time, you guys are going to love it!

Wijn
Marty, it will take you 3-4 hours depending on traffic to get up to Burlington. Once there the Chuckanut drive really isn't that long, as Crispus said. One thing to consider, the later we go the more people are going to be out there. Passing lanes are pretty slim pickins. It's quite a nice drive though. I'm up for any time as the meeting point is 30-45 minutes from my house.

Who else is going?

"Bring in the usual suspects."
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: A meet. Before the snow. Or during! - 11/18/04 06:33 AM
Hmmmmmm, should i break out the good ol contour one last time before i sell it? Hmmm,help me out guys. IS it THIS weekend? The 20th i believe? If so i may be down...but im not sure, thats a damn long drive from my place.
Posted By: DDV Re: A meet. Before the snow. Or during! - 11/18/04 03:50 PM
Originally posted by LuckySVT:
IS it THIS weekend? The 20th i believe? If so i may be down...but im not sure, thats a damn long drive from my place.

That's what we've been discussing.

1. Cris'pus
2. Shotwell
3. DDV
4. Mohaj?
5. GrooveNerd?
6. LuckySVT?
7. Wijn?
8. Beowulf? (bring the BeoLing!)
9. Tropictour?
10. Flynlow?

Meet at the Burlington McDonald's (west side of I-5) at 10:00?
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: A meet. Before the snow. Or during! - 11/18/04 04:48 PM
It looks to be Goldenrod Rd, Burlington, WA 98233 for those needing an address for directions. 10am, I know is the prEfect time to be there, but that's kinda difficult. But I don't want to hold you guys up. I checked that I'm 70 miles away, so upto an hour, and can leave here by 11
If you plan on going back down it I can hit you guys up somwhere near the other end if need be?
how long will this last? i'm looking into going but i work in the evening...
thanks
This is a pretty short drive. Should only take 30-45 minutes. I imagine the meet will last at least three hours though...we like to talk!

I'll likely be driving my wife's Malibu so I WON'T be enjoying the twisties too much. Probably have my kids along as well. Wife will be working. Maybe I'll bring a friend.

I say we meet in Burlington at Holiday Market / Chevron. It's a good place to fuel up (your car and your face) and it's right off the I-5. It's the exit for SR-20 Burlington. There is a McDonalds there. I believe that there has been a meet here before, so somebody pipe up if you know what I'm talking about.

We should have good directions to where we're going from there for everyone. I can guarantee I'm not going to keep up with the fun crowd in the Chevy turd with kids in tow. I'll volunteer to print several copies if someone gives me the address to where we're going.

LuckySVT, come on up! Bring GrooveNerd antenna man with you! It would be good to see you guys again. It's been since the Mt St Helens run! PDXSVT? What are your plans for the weekend?

Perhaps we could even coax Lance and family out of hibernation...well at least Contour hibernation. I haven't seen either of you post in a while!

I'll stay on this thread for late developments. Hope to see everyone! The more the merrier!
Posted By: Dakmis Re: A meet. Before the snow. Or during! - 11/19/04 10:54 AM
Originally posted by LuckySVT:
Hmmmmmm, should i break out the good ol contour one last time before i sell it? Hmmm,help me out guys. IS it THIS weekend? The 20th i believe? If so i may be down...but im not sure, thats a damn long drive from my place.

long ass drive from here, i don't think i can make it.
Posted By: DDV Re: A meet. Before the snow. Or during! - 11/19/04 03:48 PM
Originally posted by shotwell:
I say we meet in Burlington at Holiday Market / Chevron. It's a good place to fuel up (your car and your face) and it's right off the I-5. It's the exit for SR-20 Burlington. There is a McDonalds there. I believe that there has been a meet here before, so somebody pipe up if you know what I'm talking about.

Yeah, that's the place! I couldn't think of it, but that's where we met up for the drive over the pass in June.

So what time you wanna meet there? Cris'pus says 10:00 is too early, but I have to be back in Marysville by 1:00.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: A meet. Before the snow. Or during! - 11/19/04 04:01 PM
Originally posted by DDV:

Yeah, that's the place! I couldn't think of it, but that's where we met up for the drive over the pass in June.

So what time you wanna meet there? Cris'pus says 10:00 is too early, but I have to be back in Marysville by 1:00.

Could I get a cell number so I know approx where you are when I'm in the area. Sorry I can't get there at 10. Are you going back down it??? Wijn if you can't come, maybe I can stop by the shop to check out your "awesome" new car
Posted By: Wijn Re: A meet. Before the snow. Or during! - 11/19/04 05:57 PM
I can't come dang, would have loved to have met a few of you guys.)

You are welcome up any time, lunch on me!

Hope you have a good time!

Wijn

Should we postpone for two weeks? That would make it December 4th. I'm fine with that.

Tomorrow it's not supposed to rain until mid to late afternoon. That's good weather considering the time of year!

Hell, I'll go both weekends!
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: A meet. Before the snow. Or during! - 11/20/04 04:46 AM
Should we postpone for two weeks? That would make it December 4th. I'm fine with that.

Tomorrow it's not supposed to rain until mid to late afternoon. That's good weather considering the time of year!

Hell, I'll go both weekends!

I'd like to at least get a taste of it tomorrow. I don't mind going tomorrow and in 2 weeks, when at least half-a-dozen can go. How about we start when I can arrive (like noon) and jaunt over to meet Wijn instead of going back right away shotwell? I don't want to presume lunch on you Wijn, but would be nice to meet you and the car.
Posted By: DDV Re: A meet. Before the snow. Or during! - 11/20/04 05:14 AM
Tomorrow; two weeks, both. Whatever. It's all good.

Cris'pus: noon start where? In Burlington? (Just wanna be sure.)

Posted By: Cris'pus Re: A meet. Before the snow. Or during! - 11/20/04 05:24 AM
Yaaa, you still wanna go! Phew.
That chevron thingy in burlington? If you guys around there can't go for the drive how about just stopping by to say Hi.
(Hehe I sound like I think everyone is just minutes away )
Wijn do you have a address for your shop or golf course, I'm not sure which you said you'd be at. But no guarantees everyone can go out to Lynden (cause it's on my way back so I can for sure) but it is only 20 minutes from bellingham.

Maybe in 2 weeks we CAN start earlier

I'm in for both fun runs, certainly. Let me know what time to be there and I'll show.
Posted By: DDV Re: A meet. Before the snow. Or during! - 11/20/04 06:45 AM
Okay; you can call me stupid.

I can't make it if we're meeting at noon. I have to be in Marysville at 1:00. I'm going to plan on the 4th.

Sorry,
DDV
how many people do we have for tomorrow??? if theres gonna be a fair amount i'll for sure show up.. so let me know... i'm standing by waiting...
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: A meet. Before the snow. Or during! - 11/20/04 08:38 AM
Originally posted by DDV:
Okay; you can call me stupid.

I can't make it if we're meeting at noon. I have to be in Marysville at 1:00. I'm going to plan on the 4th.

Sorry,
DDV

No one has to, but you should avoid name-calling yourself of all people haha.

Hi aaron soccer me an shotwell are meeting at 12 and at Chevron...

I say we meet in Burlington at Holiday Market / Chevron. It's a good place to fuel up (your car and your face) and it's right off the I-5. It's the exit for SR-20 Burlington. There is a McDonalds there.

It's just a leisurely drive aaron that wont take long. We may go up and visit Wijn in Lynden. It's a nice enough day tomorrow to blow some time in a car up a nice road. I'm bringing a camera! Oh and two-way radios
Shotwell if you cant make it, no prob. this aint no SZ...just PM me by 11. Or if after that, phone thanks

alright, i'm up for it, do you know what exit it is maybe? i'm pretty sure i know exactly where your talking about, but exit number easy.... but i'm up to meeting there at 12:00.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: A meet. Before the snow. Or during! - 11/20/04 09:22 AM
I think tis is the address map
for anyone else, if anyone else wants to meet sooner, let me know and i can be there sooner as well for the people who gotta leave early...
I'm coming...noon it is. The map is generally correct, although it's important to note that the Holiday Market Chevron is on the west side of the freeway.

Good to see you're coming Aaron.

Is there anyone else coming? There's still time, even if you're in Olympia!
yea i'll be there, if anyone from everett area or further south wants to come, you can meet me in everett and cruise together up to burlington! anyone?
Thanks for coming guys. That was fun! Told you it was a short drive.

For everyone else, a small recap.

Met up in Burlington at the gas station. Got sume grub. Checked out the cars. Took pictures. Went driving. Stopped at Bellis Fair Mall, then on to Schucks in search of a gas cap.

It's official...a Zetec 5 speed Contour is faster than a 2002 V6 Malibu.

Next time (December 4th?) we can do our photo op at the mall. Lots of parking in the back!
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: A meet. Before the snow. Or during! - 11/21/04 03:41 AM

For everyone else, a small recap.

Met up in Burlington at the gas station waited for Chris for over an hour!, grr. Got sume grub. Checked out the cars. Took pictures. Went driving. Stopped at Bellis Fair Mall, then on to Schucks in search of a gas cap.

That about does it. I'm putting pictures up in a few hours

But here's a teaser

thanks, it was alot of fun, i swear i'll find a place that carries my gas cap without shipping it in.. anyway, i hope we get more people to do it on the 4th! thanks again, nice meeting you guys and hope to do it again! lots of fun

aaron
Posted By: Cris'pus Chuckanut Meet Pictures (many) - 11/22/04 07:25 AM
Aaron's Interior

Aaron's Interior 2

Aaron's Interior 3

Just the Tours

Mike-unbeknownst to him, in picture

Aaron's Engine (kinda dirty aaron , let's clean it!)

Along the Chuck

If you get RED X's go here
Now I'll try to get the video up
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Chuckanut Meet Pictures (many) - 11/22/04 08:09 AM
Copy and Paste ONLY
Posted By: Wijn Re: A meet. Before the snow. Or during! - 11/22/04 03:58 PM
I'm very jealous. I motorcycle that road all the time!

I was looking forward to meeting you guys.

I will do my best to make the next one!

Thanks

Wijn
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Chuckanut Meet Pictures (many) - 11/23/04 06:42 AM
Thanks for posting that stuff. Good to see you got a picture of that high performance vehicle...and the Contours
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Chuckanut Meet Pictures (many) - 11/23/04 04:29 PM
Thanks for posting that stuff. Good to see you got a picture of that high performance vehicle...and the Contours

Yeah I know, I'm sure glad the Prius got in there
© CEG Archives