Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Chris Hightower 2002 National Meet Announced - 08/06/01 01:47 AM
http://www.contour.org/news/shownews.cgi?id=143

Hope to see everyone there. We have a lot of things in the works and are eager to announce!
Posted By: Plastique_synthetiX Re: 2002 National Meet Announced - 08/06/01 02:04 AM
Yeah Haw!! well i intend to make it (plenty of time to save, plenty of time to plan.....)
Posted By: WorldTour Re: 2002 National Meet Announced - 08/06/01 02:16 AM
OK, I am a little concerned with this.
This puts you guys only a month after Spring Zing (weekend of May 10, 2002). I personally think that is a little unfair to have the events that close together. By scheduling them so close it could hurt attendence at BOTH events. I know I want to go to the national meet, but financially its near impossible because of the amount spent on Spring Zing.

I am begging you PLEASE reschedule to a later date.
-Mark
Posted By: Huntervf Re: 2002 National Meet Announced - 08/06/01 02:58 AM
I'll agree with Mark on this one. We already have things underway for SZ2002 so we can't move the date from what we already have. With two big events so close together I think it would definitely put some strain on enthusiasts who would like to do both events. I mentioned multiple national events in previous posts has a definite plus for the CEG community, but I figured they would be spaced further apart than a month!

What do others think? Ultimately these events depend completely upon the enthusiasts who attend them...if people don't see a potential problem with this then I don't either. However I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that two big events barely a month apart will be overkill for most, and it will have an impact on attendance.

I certainly mean no offense to Chris on this! I'm happy to see others working to make things happen for our community! I just want the best for both events and the enthusiasts who attend them; and that's why I'm raising this issue smile
Posted By: WorldTour Re: 2002 National Meet Announced - 08/06/01 04:02 AM
Ok, Chris Hightower and I have been talking about this via phone and are going to do our best to get things worked out.

My question to the people planning both, what is your opinion on having the events so close?

The fact is neither Chris or myself want anyone to have to choose between the two events, that is simply unfair. So I ask everyone what their opinions are on this matter.
thanks,
-Mark
Posted By: FUseface Re: 2002 National Meet Announced - 08/06/01 01:22 PM
I am already planning on going to SZ.....but would love to make it to the Nat meet too! But, if they're too close together, then I cant do both. (money, time off from work..etc etc etc.)
Posted By: Chris Hightower Re: 2002 National Meet Announced - 08/06/01 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by FUseface:
I am already planning on going to SZ.....but would love to make it to the Nat meet too! But, if they're too close together, then I cant do both. (money, time off from work..etc etc etc.)

Well, this seems to be the general feelgin for potential atendees for both events.

We are now working with the SZ coordinators to come up with dates for both meets that will allow more time between them. The "official" date is now TBA.
Posted By: Plastique_synthetiX Re: 2002 National Meet Announced - 08/06/01 05:51 PM
wouldn't it be cool if enough people had enough money to do a huge cruise from one to the other....
Posted By: Chris Hightower Re: 2002 National Meet Announced - 08/08/01 03:59 PM
Bump, since the thread in the General section keeps getting pushed down.
Posted By: dwniffin_svt Re: 2002 National Meet Announced - 08/11/01 03:45 AM
bump the entire thing to michigan. The turnout would be huge!
Posted By: PM Summer Re: 2002 National Meet Announced - 08/13/01 11:25 PM
Maybe we should do a One Lap Relay to show America what they missed?

Each section of the country could drive THEIR section.
Posted By: svtcarboy Re: 2002 National Meet Announced - 08/14/01 09:16 PM
PM, that is actually a neat idea! I don't know if you were serious or not, and the headache of organizing it would be enormous, but it would be original, cool, and a lot of fun!
Posted By: E1SVT Re: 2002 National Meet Announced - 08/14/01 09:26 PM
Could we be subsidized for the massive ticket money and bail required to make the trip? :-)
Posted By: PM Summer Re: 2002 National Meet Announced - 08/15/01 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by svtcarboy:
PM, that is actually a neat idea! I don't know if you were serious or not, and the headache of organizing it would be enormous, but it would be original, cool, and a lot of fun!

I've organized some circuit bike rallies where we went 100 miles around a city (Dallas). Folks could just ride the part that went through their part of town.

I think Phoenix and Tucson do these, as well as the Tour of the Boroughs in New Yawk.

I only half kidding.
Posted By: I-Dom-In-8 Re: 2002 National Meet Announced - 08/17/01 10:43 PM
holy crud if it wasnt in dallas i would try to make it,, but thats way to far for me,, any ideas where SZ2 is going to be this year
Posted By: Antonio Wright Re: 2002 National Meet Announced - 08/19/01 08:40 PM
Michigan....
Posted By: SVTCop Re: 2002 National Meet Announced - 08/20/01 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:
any ideas where SZ2 is going to be this year

LOL ya....Michigan.....where else? Same place every year.
Posted By: javaContour Re: 2002 National Meet Announced - 08/20/01 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Plastique_synthetiX:
wouldn't it be cool if enough people had enough money to do a huge cruise from one to the other....

Money's not a big issue, but time is.

TB
Posted By: Chris Hightower Re: 2002 National Meet Announced - 12/12/01 05:31 PM
Just wanting to bring this thread back up since activities are going to be picking up soon. Keeping it alive, so people can see that we are still doing this thing smile
Posted By: Terry Haines Re: 2002 National Meet Announced - 12/12/01 09:49 PM
I hoping to attend both but the close timing stinks..!!!
Posted By: ExDelayed Re: 2002 National Meet Announced - 12/22/01 08:22 AM
The National Meet will be perfect. It will be kind of strange for me pulling into Mopar Magic weekend a few days later (in CO) in the Contour, or the National Meet in the Ramcharger. What to drive... confused
© CEG Archives