Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
With Vortech producing the system again, I've been thinking. I believe when summer comes I"ll be dropping in a Vortech. I know many of you will say to simply go with the Streetflight, but I've made up my mind. However when it comes to my SVT i want everything done correctly the very first time. So I was hopping one of the Forced Induction guys could tell me exactly what i need to put on a bullet proof setup. I would like all issues(shaft,ect...) to be taken care of before I ever put it on the car....

I've read earlier where Buckshot can re-enforce the shaft or something like that, however I"m not sure. I'd appreciate all the info you can provide. Thanks
Trading it in for a Street Flight kit.

Stay away from the Vorcrap S/C kit - revised or not

Not to mention - You can get much better performance gains from a well built 3L
Send the shaft to KnuKonceptz for reinforcement. Get an aftercooler setup from me. Upgrade to 24-30lb injectors, get a chip from Streetflight. Go with a 255 walbro fuel pump. Should be it as far as fortifying the vortech itself.

Rick
Isn't the shaft re-enforcement like $1200 or something??
Originally posted by 99blacksesport:

WOW

Time to look into the 3L then.......
I paid $275 for the shaft reinforcement. It is a must. I got it from Knuconcepts.
Originally posted by 99blacksesport:

You must be thinking of the intercooler, I thought the shaft upgrade was like $2-400.
I just don't understand why someone would want the Vortech. You can probably size a turbo to emulate the power curve of the Vortech with probably 75ft/lbs more tourqe all the way across the board. Doesn't make sense to me.
WOw after several PM's from variouse people I"ve decided to go with a 3L.......

I'm gonna try to push out as much power from a N/A 3L as possible........

Thanks
Question- What do you need for a bullet proof Vortech S/C?
Answer- A RWD Mustang

They bit off way more than they could chew on the FWD Contour. Bastages!
If your interested i have a 99 3L with only 2500 miles on it. You can pm me or email me at jhaynes@hcso.tampa.fl.us
Why don't you want a turbo? Why not a lightly built and boosted 3L? I'm sure you could build a 3L for relatively cheap that would handle boost well and make close to 300whp and a lotta torque.
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Why don't you want a turbo? Why not a lightly built and boosted 3L? I'm sure you could build a 3L for relatively cheap that would handle boost well and make close to 300whp and a lotta torque.

Most probably the same reason your not running boost.....Money$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
© CEG Archives