Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: TommyBoy_dup1 VCM-1000 - 08/23/02 04:09 AM
Well guys, My super charger project was a flop. I was able to fit the charger in place with the custom made brackets but the belt alignment was a problem. The only possiable solution was to reces the head by grinding it about 5/16 of an inch. But lets just say it didn't seem like a bright Idea.. So I aborted the project "didnt want to deal with a jack shaft set up"

So now I am looking at the VCM-1000 Can any one tell me what year these kits will fit, Because I am not sure what year my car is 98, 98.5 "not sure" heard so many differnt was to decifer the years... From what I found the only fit 99-00.... But again any help is appreciated

NEED MORE POOWWWAAAAA!!!!!!
Posted By: MCJT_dup1 Re: VCM-1000 - 08/23/02 04:34 AM
Are you talking about the Venom kit? If you are, I still have my VCN-2000 for sale. It has every thing you need including a new wiring harness, two bottles, a new valve and a bottle warmer. PM me if you are interested. And yes, it will work on your car.

Josh
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: VCM-1000 - 08/23/02 04:46 AM
Get it! I asked about that kit from Josh (Hi Josh) and that's a good price. I'm going to turbo route, now so I can't get it.
Posted By: TommyBoy_dup1 Re: VCM-1000 - 08/23/02 04:48 AM
Ya, thats it...

Why is the 98 Excluded on Venoms Product application page???? Just wondering
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: VCN-1000 - 08/23/02 05:39 PM
That's a good question, call them. They've got a really great tech department. When I was looking at doing a GB they didn't have the part # on the website. I called to get one and they looked all over 'til they found the right one. The guy could even answer all my questions which I thought was impressive as it is not a 'main production' kit, but one adapted for the Contours.
Posted By: TommyBoy_dup1 Re: VCN-1000 - 08/25/02 02:36 AM
I've been looking at all the nitrous manafactuers, but few seem to list any product's for the CSVT...

So If any of you have had any luck locating a quility Nitrous kit at a resonable price let me know!!!!!

One more question, I thought the CSVT had a problem with spraying Dry Nitrous because of the intake runner desighn that only allows the first few cylinders to get any juice ?????

So if someone could explain or provide a solution I would be greatfull!!!
Posted By: DJCASPER2 Re: VCN-1000 - 08/25/02 03:15 AM
I can't answer your last question but if you go with a dry nos system made by Nos, you should have no problem. I will get you a part #, pm me, I think it's around $500, easy to put it in, if you got more questions just ask.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: VCN-1000 - 08/25/02 03:37 AM
I'm/ was running a homemade wet kit.

As for the intake question....what intake was designed to have n2o OR fuel run thru it? NONE.
Posted By: TommyBoy_dup1 Re: VCN-1000 - 08/25/02 09:56 PM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
I'm/ was running a homemade wet kit.

As for the intake question....what intake was designed to have n2o OR fuel run thru it? NONE.

Isn't there a way you can run the nitrous through the fuel rail so that it is sprayed through the injectors with the fuel??? Thus distributing it evenly through all 6 cylinders
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: VCN-1000 - 08/25/02 11:23 PM
Yup, someone here has that setup, I don't remember his name, I have a picture of it at work
Posted By: TommyBoy_dup1 Re: VCN-1000 - 08/26/02 02:28 AM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Yup, someone here has that setup, I don't remember his name, I have a picture of it at work

Is his setup custom or manaf??? and if you could post the pic it whould be great..
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: VCN-1000 - 08/26/02 04:21 AM
isn't that called a wet kit?
Posted By: TommyBoy_dup1 Re: VCN-1000 - 08/26/02 05:12 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:

Well i dont know about the tour but I do know for mustangs and stuff the wet kit consist of 2 selanoids "spelled wrong" one for NOS and one for additional fuel!!! The additonal fuel is added to keep the mixture from leaning out and helps to reduce combustion temps..
Some one correct me if I am wrong!!!
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: VCN-1000 - 08/26/02 10:24 AM
yeah, a 'wet' kit is when the n2o and fuel are introduced at the same time, where as the dry is when the fuel extra fuel is added via fuel injector. But the fuel does not cool the air temp tho, That is what the n2o does. the added danger though with the wet set up is the potential for a back fire thru the intake manifold.

IIRC that set up is called a Fogger setup. When I get to work, I'll be sure and try to post the pic.

Originally posted by TommyBoy:
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:

Well i dont know about the tour but I do know for mustangs and stuff the wet kit consist of 2 selanoids "spelled wrong" one for NOS and one for additional fuel!!! The additonal fuel is added to keep the mixture from leaning out and helps to reduce combustion temps..
Some one correct me if I am wrong!!!
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: VCN-1000 - 08/26/02 12:28 PM
here it is...
Posted By: godzilia Re: VCN-1000 - 08/29/02 01:11 PM
you have to make sure your Contour has a return fuel line. 1998 and some 1999 have them. Some 1999 and all of 2000's dont. The VCN-1000 kit and I think the VCN-2000 kit is made for returnless systems???? It's hard, I have a 2000 CSVT and i want to go in the way of forced induction, but Vortec doesn't make it work my year Contour with the returnless system. I dont know if the turbo kit people are designing will work either. I dont want to go with nos.
Posted By: Stazi Re: VCN-1000 - 08/29/02 02:06 PM
Yes the turbo was designed for the Returnless cars first.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: VCN-1000 - 08/29/02 02:33 PM
If you really want something so bad it wouldnn't be that difficult to switch your car to a return sytem. Mustang guys do it.
Posted By: TommyBoy_dup1 Re: VCN-1000 - 08/29/02 11:17 PM
Originally posted by godzilia:
you have to make sure your Contour has a return fuel line. 1998 and some 1999 have them. Some 1999 and all of 2000's dont. The VCN-1000 kit and I think the VCN-2000 kit is made for returnless systems???? It's hard, I have a 2000 CSVT and i want to go in the way of forced induction, but Vortec doesn't make it work my year Contour with the returnless system. I dont know if the turbo kit people are designing will work either. I dont want to go with nos.

How do you tell if your car has a returnless fuel system???
My car was buit in 9/97, so what gives am I able to use VCM-1000,Turo, or Vortech.....

ohhh.. I have the clock too...
Posted By: PA 3L SVT_dup1 Re: VCN-1000 - 08/29/02 11:23 PM
My car was buit in 9/97, so what gives am I able to use VCM-1000,Turo, or Vortech.....

Look under the TB and UIM - if you see a vacuum actuated fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail, then you are return fuel. If not, you are returnless. With your build date, I'm pretty sure you are return fuel.
Posted By: TommyBoy_dup1 Re: VCN-1000 - 08/29/02 11:47 PM
Originally posted by PA 3L SVT:

Look under the TB and UIM - if you see a vacuum actuated fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail, then you are return fuel. If not, you are returnless. With your build date, I'm pretty sure you are return fuel.

So does that mean I cant use the venom Kit??????
Posted By: brian8064_dup1 Re: VCN-1000 - 08/30/02 03:01 AM
Sorry for my ignorance but does this fuel regulator look similar to the egr attched to a hose?? I also need to know if my svt is returnless or not. I have a 99' so its a toss-up
Posted By: TommyBoy_dup1 Re: VCN-1000 - 09/01/02 11:49 PM
A lil help, Anyone
Posted By: brian8064_dup1 Re: VCN-1000 - 09/02/02 10:36 PM
my guess is that you can run the kit on your svt...
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: VCN-1000 - 09/08/02 02:15 PM
It would be smarter and cheaper just to plumb a second fuel line from the tank with its own pump. Let the stock system work as intended, you would have to change out the pcm as well when you went to a return style system, what do you think controls the fuel pump in that type of system?

Running a dedicated second line would be better because you would easily overcome the limitations of the stock fuel line in flow volume. Plus you have other added flexibility.

warmonger
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: VCN-1000 - 09/08/02 02:22 PM
I believe the 99 cars are mostly return-style systems and the 2000 cars are all returnless. If venom says it will work for a 99 and up, then it would have to work with both systems. Just to be sure you can call and ask them.

The return style systems have the pressure regulator on the fuel rail. If you look at an angle to the engine just below the throttle body you can see it. Yes it looks like a small version of the egr valve actuator. The other indicator should be a return fuel line. It will be coming out from the manifold by the fuel feed line and should be smaller in daimeter.

warmonger
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: VCM-1000 - 09/08/02 02:31 PM
So what are you going to do with your supercharger since you aborted it? Interested in selling it?

warmonger
Posted By: TommyBoy_dup1 Re: VCM-1000 - 09/08/02 03:10 PM
Originally posted by warmonger:
So what are you going to do with your supercharger since you aborted it? Interested in selling it?

warmonger

Well I am not because I didn't buy it. I was only going to buy it from the guy if we could get it installed.
Posted By: TommyBoy_dup1 Re: VCN-1000 - 09/08/02 03:12 PM
Originally posted by PA 3L SVT:

So does that mean I cant use the venom Kit??????

I called venom and they said the kit will work on any year SVT...
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: VCM-1000 - 09/08/02 03:13 PM
Originally posted by warmonger:

warmonger

Well I am not because I didn't buy it. I was only going to buy it from the guy if we could get it installed.

Who was selling it? I'm close to you, same state, anyway! I might get it... I'm assuming it was a Vortech and not the hurricane blower eram thingy...
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: VCM-1000 - 09/08/02 11:17 PM
Do any manufactures make directport nitrous injection? Or is it only wet and dry? Just to be clear (tell me if I wrong) wet is mixed with the fuel, dry is though the injectors and directport is as the name says?
Posted By: TommyBoy_dup1 Re: VCM-1000 - 09/08/02 11:36 PM

Who was selling it? I'm close to you, same state, anyway! I might get it... I'm assuming it was a Vortech and not the hurricane blower eram thingy...

No its not a ERam it was a Vortech S-trim but it was just the head unit and sorry my cousin bought it for his stang..
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: VCM-1000 - 09/09/02 12:47 AM
no, but there are some universal V6 kits IIRCE out there. Or the NOS NOSzle system. but IIRC you need a spacer between the UIM/LIM.

Originally posted by Bridge:
Do any manufactures make directport nitrous injection? Or is it only wet and dry? Just to be clear (tell me if I wrong) wet is mixed with the fuel, dry is though the injectors and directport is as the name says?
Posted By: brian8064_dup1 Re: VCM-1000 - 09/10/02 09:26 PM
Would an upgraded fuel pump be a good idea before spraying??I'm thinking about getting the zex kit but think I should change the fuel pump first...
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: VCM-1000 - 09/10/02 09:50 PM
really not needed unless you do a huge shot.
Posted By: brian8064_dup1 Re: VCM-1000 - 09/10/02 10:14 PM
75 shot will probably be the highest I'll be going..

Thanks,
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: VCM-1000 - 09/10/02 10:43 PM
Nah, just make sure your fuel system is up to par (fuel filter, change to copper plugs, etc)
© CEG Archives