Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SVT 065 G Closed that thread? - 12/03/01 01:17 PM
Mark, why in the world did you close that thread? I, for one, was not arguing, or pissing at all, but enjoying some conversation about, traction, power-to-weight, drivetrain durability, and the usefulness of hp/tq. So what if others were throwing a few flames, in forums that happens. I saw no need for that thread to be closed.
Posted By: WorldTour Re: Closed that thread? - 12/03/01 03:39 PM
The thread was to the point of being the typical Bret vs. Demon confrontation with little legitimacy to the discussion. (which ended completely off the original topic)

I closed the thread before it got out of control.
If you guys want to continue talking about torque vs ET issues please do it in the performance forum.
-Mark
Posted By: bret Re: Closed that thread? - 12/04/01 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by WorldTour:
The thread was to the point of being the typical Bret vs. Demon confrontation with little legitimacy to the discussion. (which ended completely off the original topic)

I closed the thread before it got out of control.
If you guys want to continue talking about torque vs ET issues please do it in the performance forum.
-Mark

yeah... that thread had me arguing things i don't even believe myself... i felt a little cornered and said somethings i did not mean (both regarding contours and people) i am glad mark closed it before it got worse.

just to set the record straight, i never meant to come across saying "traction does not matter" if it seemed like i was arguing that issue, i was not... i just got a little caught up in the argument.
Posted By: RTStabler51 Re: Closed that thread? - 12/07/01 05:30 PM
I'll probably get flamed for this...

But that is one of the reasons i don't frequent this board. is a bunch of stuff like that.......

Its cool to read the stated things, but once it gets into a pissing contest, then I feel like I'm watching some high school chicks going at it...wait that would be kinda cool, huh? :p

Bill,
I was wondering if you could help out with my launching technique...how do you get yours too hook so good??? My bes 60' is a 2.28, but I'm usually in the 2.3X mark...I'm not consistent in that...how do you do it??
Posted By: sqplus Re: Closed that thread? - 12/08/01 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Its cool to read the stated things, but once it gets into a pissing contest, then I feel like I'm watching some high school chicks going at it...wait that would be kinda cool, huh? :p

laugh laugh uh...yeah!

I think you're thinking of a couple highschool 'jock' types arguing over whos car is faster based on how fast they look. wink
© CEG Archives