Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: myconsvt evo turbo - 05/18/06 12:11 AM
i was just wondring if anyone new what size turbo is on the mitsu evolution. i actually just picked one up from a friend that works at a mitsu dealer. i was going to put it on the contour if i had some help with what all i need to complet it. i was also wondering if someone could send me pics of how it bolts onto the exhaust. im not sure how its done on a 6 cylinder. is it on the header or the y pipe?
Posted By: stilov Re: evo turbo - 05/18/06 01:54 AM
oh boy...
Posted By: COUGAR99 Re: evo turbo - 05/18/06 02:49 AM

I'm not much for flaming but....DUDE!!!!

Put the turbo down, and slowly, very slowly back away.
Posted By: stilov Re: evo turbo - 05/18/06 03:10 AM
look...you're not not going to get any answers.... the board as a whole kind of "learns" things together...we have passed that a long time ago. You can search through thousands of threads to find the answer.

The deal is that if you are asking how to hook a turbo up...you obviously don't know much about them (and that is okay....everyone starts learning somewhere...but you need to put forth a little effort).

A turbo is not "bolt on" It is not cheap. Now go learn about them!!!
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: evo turbo - 05/18/06 11:49 AM
www.turbomustangs.com Check out the section on the main site called "Knowledge Base." It has everything a beginner needs to know. ARRRGH!!
Posted By: myconsvt Re: evo turbo - 05/18/06 11:50 AM
thanks for all the help,
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: evo turbo - 05/18/06 03:13 PM
Originally posted by myconsvt:
thanks for all the help,

Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!
Posted By: Swazo Re: evo turbo - 05/18/06 03:54 PM
Did this come off as one of those NBC commercials from back in the day to anyone else?
Originally posted by stilov:
look...you're not not going to get any answers.... the board as a whole kind of "learns" things together...we have passed that a long time ago. You can search through thousands of threads to find the answer.

The deal is that if you are asking how to hook a turbo up...you obviously don't know much about them (and that is okay....everyone starts learning somewhere...but you need to put forth a little effort).

A turbo is not "bolt on" It is not cheap. Now go learn about them!!!

Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: evo turbo - 05/18/06 05:09 PM
Will it work on my car then.....if so can I have it
Posted By: myconsvt Re: evo turbo - 05/18/06 06:33 PM
ok well i just talked to another tech at mt work and got some info on it so i should be good. installation begins when my dealer starts to get slow. my hoist has been pack the past couple weeks.
Posted By: gotapex Re: evo turbo - 05/18/06 06:58 PM
Mitsubishi Industries TD05-16G
Posted By: Tourige Re: evo turbo - 05/18/06 09:27 PM
ok well i just talked to another tech at mt work and got some info on it so i should be good. installation begins when my dealer starts to get slow. my hoist has been pack the past couple weeks.

see you in 2 weeks when your differential blows up your transmission.
Posted By: COUGAR99 Re: evo turbo - 05/18/06 10:38 PM
The Evo turbo is a modified 16G. It uses a twin scroll turbine....I hope the techs are taking that into account.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: evo turbo - 05/19/06 05:58 AM
donated evo turbo $0

ADC turbo setup $$$$

reinventing the wheel PRICELESS!

good luck, seriously.....no really.

have there many, if any, successful home-made turbo installs on this platform? i mean any non-ADC turbo kits? i can imagine there were, but probably very few?
Posted By: stilov Re: evo turbo - 05/19/06 12:49 PM
hello!!! I am on my 2nd. Swazo's turbo worked great...the motor sucked! Warmonger did one and blackwidow. I won't count the front mount b/c it has some weird stuff.
Posted By: DanG Re: evo turbo - 05/19/06 08:15 PM
Instigator on the NECO boards did a GT35R FMIC kit...
Posted By: Instigator Re: evo turbo - 05/20/06 10:15 PM
Yep.....

now if i could get all the non drivetrain stuff to work right, i'd be in business
Posted By: myconsvt Re: evo turbo - 05/20/06 11:42 PM
yeah we talked about everything. and he should be the one to know because i got the turbo off of him and he does all of the srt 4 work in our shop. as long as i keep the boost down in a safe region i should be good. and he hooked me up with some oil and coolant lines. know i need to find a wastegate solenoid that will work on it.
Posted By: Tourige Re: evo turbo - 05/21/06 05:59 AM
yeah we talked about everything. and he should be the one to know because i got the turbo off of him and he does all of the srt 4 work in our shop. as long as i keep the boost down in a safe region i should be good. and he hooked me up with some oil and coolant lines. know i need to find a wastegate solenoid that will work on it.

Running like 3psi you should be safeish.. Dont count on anything tho.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: evo turbo - 05/22/06 11:45 PM
Originally posted by gotapex:

Also, known as a "big" 16G. Like someone said is a a twin scroll design. Good up to 25 psi with no meth/water injection on the Evo.
Posted By: myconsvt Re: evo turbo - 05/26/06 02:56 AM
why would i not be safe running more than 3 psi. you should take in account that i have all forged internals in the engine. when i rebuilt it i had plans to eventually put on a turbo, but had to wait.
Posted By: stilov Re: evo turbo - 05/26/06 03:35 AM
YOu have forged internals? What kind? What CR?

From such novice questions...I would never have thought.
Posted By: Barge Re: evo turbo - 05/26/06 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Evo-Twin-red:

Also, known as a "big" 16G. Like someone said is a a twin scroll design. Good up to 25 psi with no meth/water injection on the Evo.

There are several versions of the 16G.. there is a small, big, and then an Evo wheel which comes close to an 18G.

The evo turbo (at least the new ones I believe) has a 9cm exhaust housing where as the ones available for say a subaru fitment are all 7cm unless you get Greddy which I believe is the only one with an 8cm housing.

Most of the Mistu turbos support pretty darn high pressure rations but not a ton of flow... hard to find low PR high flowing turbo's.

Posted By: Tourige Re: evo turbo - 05/26/06 01:59 PM
Originally posted by stilov:
YOu have forged internals? What kind? What CR?

From such novice questions...I would never have thought.

I bet he is just saying that to seem "cool" who has forged internals yet asks how to bolt on a turbo onto the stock manifolds..
Posted By: BStoneMega Re: evo turbo - 05/28/06 03:34 AM
Originally posted by SVT Barge in 07:

The evo turbo (at least the new ones I believe) has a 9cm exhaust housing where as the ones available for say a subaru fitment are all 7cm unless you get Greddy which I believe is the only one with an 8cm housing.

03-04 evo's are 9.8cm exhaust housing, 05 and up have 10.5cm exhaust housing. I plan on upgrading to the 10.5 when I get a couple hundred bucks.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: evo turbo - 05/28/06 04:34 AM
Originally posted by BStoneMega:

03-04 evo's are 9.8cm exhaust housing, 05 and up have 10.5cm exhaust housing. I plan on upgrading to the 10.5 when I get a couple hundred bucks.

Definitely on my list.
Posted By: gotapex Re: evo turbo - 05/28/06 05:48 AM

Definitely on my list.

The Works/Cosworth crate engines are coming out very soon too.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: evo turbo - 05/28/06 02:23 PM

Definitely on my list.

The Works/Cosworth crate engines are coming out very soon too.

I know....I have seen them on some websites....pretty pricey!
© CEG Archives