Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Keyser Soze Last full ADC kit - 01/31/06 08:39 PM
I just got word that there is one full ADC kit with a T3/4 available for immediate shipping. This is the last one they will produce. There is a new kit coming but it won't make near the power this one will.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Last full ADC kit - 01/31/06 08:40 PM
WOW! This is a sad day for CEG.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Last full ADC kit - 01/31/06 09:16 PM
Including THIS kit, how many where sold total? Just curious ... 15-20?
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Last full ADC kit - 01/31/06 09:17 PM
Honestly Trevor I have no idea. I am friends with ADC but I do not work there.
Posted By: 99cougar Re: Last full ADC kit - 01/31/06 10:21 PM
Originally posted by fastcougar:
Including THIS kit, how many where sold total? Just curious ... 15-20?

This is what i was going to ask! lol
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Last full ADC kit - 01/31/06 10:24 PM
Hopefully with the gen 2 kit, more people can get into force induction tho. Once they get that first bit, im sure they will evolve their setups too (i know i would!)
Posted By: LoadedSVT Re: Last full ADC kit - 01/31/06 11:40 PM
Wow, Im curius to see what kind of numbers the new kit will put out. Id love to put one on my car. Altho, I love driving my T3/T4 kit too
Posted By: tropictour Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 02:40 AM
Hey Keyser, do you have any idea of what will be included in the Gen 2 kit?
-tropictour
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 02:52 AM
Originally posted by tropictour:
Hey Keyser, do you have any idea of what will be included in the Gen 2 kit?
-tropictour

Or what power level they are looking to put down?

How are they re-tooling exactly? I know you wouldn't know specifics... but I don't really see where they could have major cost savings. They already have the designs for the piping and how it should go together... so does that mean cheaper quality parts going into it, a cheaper (smaller) turbo, or what? I'm not pointing fingers or saying how it will be, I am just interested. I see a turbo in my future with the svt at some point and I want to know whats going on. thanks =)
Posted By: Tourige Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 03:02 AM
im pretty sure somewhere i read that it wasent going to be intercooled, they probably wont give you an intake filter or a BOV. It might be a Bypass valve instead.. Who knows.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 03:05 AM
The big things will probably be log style manifolds, no intercooler, and cheaper piping.
Posted By: m!key Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 03:22 AM
why, oh why, cant i have a turbo?! i looked to see if i could get enough money out of my couch but to no avail.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 03:47 AM
I know the donor car has been contacted and things will be underway shortly. I also 'believe' that the manifold style will be changing, the turbo will 'likely' be a T3, BOV and TIAL 'will' be included, no intercooler is what I hear.

There will likely be an a la carte menu to add on to the kit. Think of it as a Scion.
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 06:21 AM
[censored] college tuition. I guess this is a good time to drop out
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 09:43 AM
Originally posted by 98_HO_Contour:
[censored] college tuition. I guess this is a good time to drop out

"you might be a car guy when you gave up your college education to turbo a ford contour."
My hero too
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 01:37 PM
That's cool! Actually, they should still produce their high quality kit for people who want to spend a more dollars for thebest stuff.
I mean it may only take a little adaptation for that kit to fit the Mazda6 or some of the other 3L FWD platforms out there. The new Fusion for instance.

But, the cheaper kit is where the money will be for everyone.

Log style mainfolds are smart and effective. I think if everyone 3 years ago hadn't [censored] like a bunch of ninnies about the log manifolds they were creating in the past, there would have been a cheaper kit available and a lot more turbo kits at lower prices out there!
If it were me, I'd offer an internally wastegated turbo, a GT28R or GT28RS, simple bypass or blow off valve, intake pipe and water injection with the base spring set at about 4psi.
This could be pieced together for a materials cost and labor for easily under $2000, making the complete kit for sale maybe $2500, no tuning. It would rival the cost of a 3L install and produce mid 200's wHP, enough for the stock SVT injection system to handle it, gobs of torque and still be pretty safe.
Then like you said, add to that all the goodies like turbo upgrades, intercoolers, etc.

I really tried to push Keith to considering it back in 2003, even to the point of discussing it with him on the phone about just making a crossover pipe kit. I wish they had decided to do it then.

Had I not gone to Iraq, there would have been a group buy from me for my crossover kit.....but alas I lost a lot of interest when I left and came back.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 02:51 PM
Tom, I agree.

Someone could CAPITALIZE on this market by simply designing a crossover (y-pipe) pipe with an integral up-pipe, and then make a down pipe, that would allow people to hook it up to the stock manifolds (ghey and dangerous if the precats break up) or their choice of headers (WR would be preferable PURELY due to their BETTER heat handling (Stainless steel)). The downpipe would hook up tto the sotck cat back. And if I'm not wrong ADC's down pipe already does this. So, if ADC is thinking like me, all they need to do is make the crossover pipe and call it a day. Then if they want that can make two variations. One with T28/25 flanges and one with T3 flanges to allow the end-user to decide which family of turbo he would like to run.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 02:57 PM
Sounds like a good plan stazi, it would just suck if they went that route because they would have to then force the buyer to source the rest of the parts themselves. Something alot of owners are not going to want to do.

Some people simply want the mods without the work, one reason why SLP can sell a 5000 dollar upgrade for the GTO that only nets 65 hp.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:
Tom, I agree.

Someone could CAPITALIZE on this market by simply designing a crossover (y-pipe) pipe with an integral up-pipe, and then make a down pipe, that would allow people to hook it up to the stock manifolds (ghey and dangerous if the precats break up) or their choice of headers (WR would be preferable PURELY due to their BETTER heat handling (Stainless steel)). The downpipe would hook up tto the sotck cat back. And if I'm not wrong ADC's down pipe already does this. So, if ADC is thinking like me, all they need to do is make the crossover pipe and call it a day. Then if they want that can make two variations. One with T28/25 flanges and one with T3 flanges to allow the end-user to decide which family of turbo he would like to run.

Ummm guys ... over here ... I'm doing it. My plans are all drawn out, I just need to get my block done (this weekend) and get her mated to the Cougar's "race" tranny for mockup. I will keep everyone posted in a new thread in forced induction.
Posted By: Blackcoog_dup1 Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 03:39 PM
For those that don't know yet WR has been sued by MSDS and they are no longer able to sell the headers. Get them while you can if you want a set. Only options then would be the MSDS or gutted stock manifolds. It's too bad MSDS doesn't offer stainless steel headers.

Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Blackcoog:
For those that don't know yet WR has been sued by MSDS and they are no longer able to sell the headers. Get them while you can if you want a set. Only options then would be the MSDS or gutted stock manifolds. It's too bad MSDS doesn't offer stainless steel headers.

Marty and Weapon-R have come to a legal settlement which in a nutshell states that they (Weapon-R) will no longer produce or market their headers for the Cougar/Contour platforms and will cease production no later than Feb 1, 2006. I know all the details, but that is about all I can say.
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 03:53 PM

Marty and Weapon-R have come to a legal settlement which in a nutshell states that they (Weapon-R) will no longer produce or market their headers for the Cougar/Contour platforms and will cease production no later than Feb 1, 2006. I know all the details, but that is about all I can say.

Thats probably why they were on sale till feb 1
Posted By: Stazi Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 04:10 PM
What would be a kick to the nuts is if MSDS decided to jack the hell out of the prices after WR ceases importing their headers. I would be very disappointed if MSDS did this.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 04:16 PM
What would be a kick to the nuts is if MSDS decided to jack the hell out of the prices after WR ceases importing their headers. I would be very disappointed if MSDS did this.

Id cry since ive been waiting till the weather gets a little better, and im not poor to buy a set . Hopefully marty is a good enough guy to not do that to us!
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:

Id cry since ive been waiting till the weather gets a little better, and im not poor to buy a set . Hopefully marty is a good enough guy to not do that to us!

Marty is probably the most stand up business owner that I have ever talked to ... by far!
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 05:05 PM
So fast, you are currently mocking up a piping kit that you will be selling to others? and this is a front mount kit?
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 06:05 PM
So fast, you are currently mocking up a piping kit that you will be selling to others? and this is a front mount kit?

The plan is simple:

Mock this up for me to "test the concept". Once the kit is sorted out on my Contour, see what needs to be modified/changed to fit my Cougar. Then see what it will cost to have them reproduced by a fabrication shop that I'm working with. If costs are inline and my concept pans out, these will be reproduced no doubt.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 06:09 PM
Do you have a current estimate on how much something like that would cost through your fabrication shop? i have no idea where this kind of thing falls in terms of prices
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 06:18 PM
Do you have a current estimate on how much something like that would cost through your fabrication shop? i have no idea where this kind of thing falls in terms of prices

This is all off topic from this thread and I don't want to hijack this thread. I will post more information when I have it in another thread. However, to answer your question, I don't want to put the horse before the cart on this project ... all in due time
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 06:30 PM

This is all off topic from this thread and I don't want to hijack this thread. I will post more information when I have it in another thread. However, to answer your question, I don't want to put the horse before the cart on this project ... all in due time

Posted By: Stazi Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 06:37 PM

WTF
You waiting to BUY based on weather? Why do you have to leave outside on the porch till you're ready to install and you don't want them to rust? Buy a damn set and quit dickin' 'round!
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 06:54 PM

WTF
You waiting to BUY based on weather? Why do you have to leave outside on the porch till you're ready to install and you don't want them to rust? Buy a damn set and quit dickin' 'round!

well the plan was to buy a set when I got back from shanghai. BUT! New semester started, and the books raped my wallet. Combined with having to pay bills now, and not working enough, I havent recovered yet

Have mercy on my stazi -san
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 07:10 PM
I find this quite funny. People complained about paying 5-6k for a turbo kit and now are complaining it's losing it's major reason for being so expensive (2k headers and 1k+ intercooler) to become cheaper. Nice logic there folks.

The answer was there long before ADC ever made a kit. A 2 minute modification to ALREADY MADE HEADERS and 2 or 3 simple pipes. I project so cost effective you could do it for less then half of the price the SF/ADC kit was originally. Then again this answer has been said by many of us and even done by a select few. One of them even 2.5 times right Tom.

$400 JH coated MSDS headers (add $150ish if you want JH coated WR headers)
$200 piping (double if you want stainless)
$500-700 turbo
$600-1000 intercooler
$500 misc parts. (BOV, Tial, gauge, etc)
$2200-3000 plus some of your time.

Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 07:21 PM
Gutted stock manifolds = more money savings for those on more of a budget, but a slight performance hit will be the result vs. true headers. However, considering all the limitations that a BAD design can have, it will still put more power to the ground than the chassis will support.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 08:37 PM
If you're gonna shell out $250 on a turbo kit, you're a tool not to add a set of headers for <$400!
Posted By: Bronco_WRX Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/01/06 10:10 PM
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
I find this quite funny. People complained about paying 5-6k for a turbo kit and now are complaining it's losing it's major reason for being so expensive (2k headers and 1k+ intercooler) to become cheaper. Nice logic there folks.

The answer was there long before ADC ever made a kit. A 2 minute modification to ALREADY MADE HEADERS and 2 or 3 simple pipes. I project so cost effective you could do it for less then half of the price the SF/ADC kit was originally. Then again this answer has been said by many of us and even done by a select few. One of them even 2.5 times right Tom.

$400 JH coated MSDS headers (add $150ish if you want JH coated WR headers)
$200 piping (double if you want stainless)
$500-700 turbo
$600-1000 intercooler
$500 misc parts. (BOV, Tial, gauge, etc)
$2200-3000 plus some of your time.

Hmm.... you know what, I do still have all of my gathered turbo parts sitting around (T3/T4 turbo, ADC IC, wastegate, BOV, etc.), plus now im almost done with a 3L conversion with WR headers, Spec Stage 3 clutch, mild headwork, Torsen, and an SCT PRP..... I don't know about you guys, but it sounds like I'm perfectly primed to get myself a crossover pipe made
Get a move on, FastCougar!!!
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/02/06 12:27 AM

Well I just ordered mine from Pro Motion Tuning (aka Custom Cougars) for $375. Had to freaking order these like 4 months in advance as far as my budget goes (just bought a house and I close on the 16th this month) But at least I can relax knowing that I have my set already when we can no longer buy the Weapon R headers.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/02/06 01:49 AM

Is this just MSDS capitalizing on the production stoppage to pass rumors, or did they actually start legal action?

I'll believe it when I see it. But in the end, it is still a sad day for us. I appreciate Marty's stance, but we benefitted from the competition, and Marty has had a chance to do these headers in stainless for years but never did. The demand is there if the cost is low. He probably won't bother.

What really ticks me off is that we were getting gang banged for about 5 years for over $600 for headers that many people had rust out in the first year and a half! Now we get a product that may turn out to be better in the long run and we get it taken away instead of competing through product development.
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/02/06 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Bronco_SVT:

Hmm.... you know what, I do still have all of my gathered turbo parts sitting around (T3/T4 turbo, ADC IC, wastegate, BOV, etc.), plus now im almost done with a 3L conversion with WR headers, Spec Stage 3 clutch, mild headwork, Torsen, and an SCT PRP..... I don't know about you guys, but it sounds like I'm perfectly primed to get myself a crossover pipe made

You douche, how long have I been telling you to do this

Oh who is going to tune your prp package? U?
Posted By: Rev. Po-Jay Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/02/06 07:11 AM
Originally posted by warmonger:

Is this just MSDS capitalizing on the production stoppage to pass rumors, or did they actually start legal action?

I'll believe it when I see it. But in the end, it is still a sad day for us. I appreciate Marty's stance, but we benefitted from the competition, and Marty has had a chance to do these headers in stainless for years but never did. The demand is there if the cost is low. He probably won't bother.

What really ticks me off is that we were getting gang banged for about 5 years for over $600 for headers that many people had rust out in the first year and a half! Now we get a product that may turn out to be better in the long run and we get it taken away instead of competing through product development.

This is probably the most foul language I have ever seen Tom use! Bravo. Sorry to hear about your $600 headers for the Contour... I am busy dealing with the average price of $1350 for a GodDamned CatBack Exhaust for my Audi. I can't feel bad for ya's!
Posted By: Bronco_WRX Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/02/06 07:24 AM
Originally posted by livinsvt:

Shut up you ass hat! I've been thinking about this for a while now, and you haven't told me crap . And thanks for believing in me that I can educate myself in how to use the PRP . It's not like I have to make the base tune. Besides, Livernois is more than happy to dyno tune for me if I want to, especially since I've been purchasing goods and services through them already. Where's your car at Mr. Big Shot?
Posted By: Stazi Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/02/06 11:32 AM

Shut up you ass hat! I've been thinking about this for a while now, and you haven't told me crap . And thanks for believing in me that I can educate myself in how to use the PRP . It's not like I have to make the base tune. Besides, Livernois is more than happy to dyno tune for me if I want to, especially since I've been purchasing goods and services through them already. Where's your car at Mr. Big Shot?

BWAHAHAHA
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/02/06 04:26 PM

Why don't you ahead and kick me in the balls . I have been telling you to install that sheet when I sold it to you over two years ago .

Wait a minute, you want to educate yourself, who is doing the work on your car? Whens the last time you picked up a wrench? Or the first time for that matter? Whos the asshat?
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/02/06 04:57 PM
Posted By: Bronco_WRX Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/02/06 05:08 PM

Why don't you ahead and kick me in the balls . I have been telling you to install that sheet when I sold it to you over two years ago .

Wait a minute, you want to educate yourself, who is doing the work on your car? Whens the last time you picked up a wrench? Or the first time for that matter? Whos the asshat?

Pshhh, you told me to buy log-style manifolds . I never said I was gonna educate myself in engine R&R, I want to learn how to tune cars because it's interesting to me and it deals with computers which I'm also into. BTW, aren't you having that Kinetics shop do everything for you? Asshat
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/02/06 05:36 PM
You could of made them work. And Know they have only done the things which they are good at. Everything else myself, come look at my garage . I have been playing way to much hurray up and wait game.

I should have known if it involves your laptop, your all over it, asshat
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/02/06 05:45 PM
(* sniff, sniff... *) I smell thread locker....
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/02/06 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Keyser:
I just got word that there is one full ADC kit with a T3/4 available for immediate shipping. This is the last one they will produce. There is a new kit coming but it won't make near the power this one will.

Offer to purchase sent...Who knows?

HEY! Don't get this thread locked!

Please keep the name-calling crap to yourself - at least until I own an ADC T3/4 kit - (or not ).
Posted By: Bronco_WRX Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/02/06 07:41 PM
Originally posted by JEDsContour:
Please keep the name-calling crap to yourself - at least until I own an ADC T3/4 kit - (or not ).

Don't worry. Believe it or not, we're friends... I think

(P.S. He started it )
Posted By: Bronco_WRX Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/02/06 07:51 PM

Apparently it involves your mother since I'm all over that, too

BTW I never installed the stuff because I never got enough money to finish it, then there's the guy who paid me a big chunk of money as a deposit for everything, and hasn't contacted me in months. I'm thinking about just ebaying the stuff I don't need for the kit (2.5L forged pistons, another Spec St.3 clutch, manifolds, etc.) and finishing it for myself.
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/02/06 08:24 PM

BTW I never installed the stuff because I never got enough money to finish it, then there's the guy who paid me a big chunk of money as a deposit for everything, and hasn't contacted me in months. I'm thinking about just ebaying the stuff I don't need for the kit (2.5L forged pistons, another Spec St.3 clutch, manifolds, etc.) and finishing it for myself.

Is that why I have a new brother

Yes thats what you should do. Except why you didn't just install the stage three is beyond me. I told you I would help you out with finishing the kit. You have the expensive peices already. To bad your laptop isn't also a welder/faricator
Posted By: Bronco_WRX Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/02/06 09:18 PM

Is that why I have a new brother

Yes thats what you should do. Except why you didn't just install the stage three is beyond me. I told you I would help you out with finishing the kit. You have the expensive peices already. To bad your laptop isn't also a welder/faricator

It could be! Now to just find a robot with a USB port....

.... what was this thread about again?
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/02/06 10:35 PM
Well fellas....

I just bought the last ADC T3/4 Kit! Keith is a real gentleman and a pleasure to talk with!

The check will be in the mail tomorrow.

Now to plan out a suitable 3L... I will probably go with a Buckshot short block from ADC and 3L heads ported to my SVT UIM.

Fun days ahead and what a relief this last chance showed up! Thereâ??s nothing like having a kit like this become history literally days before you plan to buy one!

My biggest dilemma was whether to keep my SVT 2.5L (28K gentle miles) and go with a T28 kit OR step up to a 3L with a T3/4 kit.

Keith is talking a potential for 400 front-wheel HP with little risk...

Decision made by default!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/02/06 11:09 PM
Awesome! How's it feel, going from selling thousands in parts, for literally less than $50, to become the owner of an SVT, soon to be 3L turbo'd? It's gotta feel pretty wild!

Mark
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/03/06 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Awesome! How's it feel, going from selling thousands in parts, for literally less than $50, to become the owner of an SVT, soon to be 3L turbo'd? It's gotta feel pretty wild!

Mark

Its all fun! Truth is I never collected anything for those parts - I even paid the shipping. That wasn't about money anywayâ?¦

After I â??leftâ? the hobby I realized just how much I really like these cars! Plain Jane pocket rockets. Iâ??m a big believer in stealth. I may on rare occasion give someone a little surprise with 400 HP.

Contours, even the SVT models are now entry level â??firstâ? cars. Ragged out, filthy, ill maintained examples abound.

When I drive my 60â??s Fords, I generally donâ??t run across many similar cars anywhere (except for shows). The rare occasion I do, its invariably well maintained and driven by a friendly enthusiast as pleased to see my car on the road, as I am theirs.

With Contours, its usually some rotten teenager who gives me the finger for driving too slow in the right lane, or a cell phone mother with a Contour full of kids and dog, orâ?¦. Well you get the idea.

Tough to be an enthusiast for something thatâ??s given so little respect. The unbelievably cheap sale of Suneilâ??s Contour put the final nail in my opinion. I flat out decided I was not going to waste my time on late model hobby cars.

Funny thing though, I still logged on to CEG, and I still had a lot of respect for the engineering behind these cars.

The truth is that I still wanted to drive Suneilâ??s Contour!

Well, for no more than 3 or 4 times what it sold and a few hundred hours of my time, I will eventually own a match to Suneilâ??s car!

Of course I will also have a lot of fun putting this stuff together with my brother and my nephew!

Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/03/06 01:20 AM
Congrats man, have fun putting it together with family, thats whats gonna be the most fun. Well that and whalloping the unsuspecting!
Posted By: MLuko Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/03/06 04:20 AM
congrats on picking up the kit..
IMO i cant wait to see the new kit.. and its under 2500 there is a good chance I'll consider that over the 3L
Posted By: Harrry Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/03/06 05:15 AM
Originally posted by Tour4reak:
congrats on picking up the kit..
IMO i cant wait to see the new kit.. and its under 2500 there is a good chance I'll consider that over the 3L

I might be picking up a kit for that price. "2500"

Posted By: svt4stv Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/03/06 07:23 AM
stupid questoin but anyone think the "lesser" kit will be smog legal for us CA guys??

i can dream cant i?

ps, if it were, id almost definitely be down!!
Posted By: Rev. Po-Jay Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/03/06 08:33 AM
Originally posted by svt4stv:
stupid questoin but anyone think the "lesser" kit will be smog legal for us CA guys??

i can dream cant i?

Do you have any idea of what it costs to get a CA Smog Cert? The kit would have to be 9 Grand to offset the cost... You CA guys got it rough!
Posted By: 99cougar Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/03/06 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Rev. Po-Jay:

i can dream cant i?

Do you have any idea of what it costs to get a CA Smog Cert? The kit would have to be 9 Grand to offset the cost... You CA guys got it rough!

Not only that...but since the car come with precats...it would still have to have precats in order to pass correct? Not a good idea for a turbo car.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/03/06 11:50 PM
Congrates on the turbo, but damn why pull an engine with such low miles out?

Aaron
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/04/06 12:26 AM
Originally posted by NVS SVT:

Aaron

Power and reliability with that big turbo.

I have a budget for all this. Itâ??s very generous and I am unlikely to exceed it (think new Mustang Cobra).

The only other reason to keep the current block is convenience, but since I am redoing the entire drivetrain, the engine was going to come out anyway.

I wonâ??t just â??tossâ? the 2.5L block. Something will come up. Who knows, maybe Iâ??ll find someone I want to help with their project!

I could use it in my 96 I suppose - an SVT 2.5L engine with headers, SVT exhaust, and free flowing intake bolted to an ATX is interesting... but the engine in that car has only 22K miles on it and runs great.
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/04/06 12:30 AM
Originally posted by 99cougar:
Not only that...but since the car come with precats...it would still have to have precats in order to pass correct? Not a good idea for a turbo car.

Happily for me, Fauquier county Virginia does not have emissions inspections.
Posted By: JB1 Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/04/06 03:48 AM
Originally posted by Rev. Po-Jay:

i can dream cant i?

no doubt. stupid tree hugging, well kissing, veggie burger eating, socialist, hippy freak running c.a.r.b keep us from easy reliable forced inductiion in our tours.
Posted By: 99cougar Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/04/06 04:41 AM
Originally posted by 99cougar:

Me either here in Jasper County, SC
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/04/06 04:59 AM
Originally posted by NVS SVT:

Aaron

I wonâ??t just â??tossâ? the 2.5L block. Something will come up. Who knows, maybe Iâ??ll find someone I want to help with their project!

Damn I wish you lived near me I would hsve scooped that motor instead of doing a 3L swap in my SVT. I only bought my 3L because I got a good deal on it.

Aaron
Posted By: DanG Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/07/06 02:27 AM

JEDs- I'm just around the corner in Gainesville- Two turbo monsters lurking in the same area... Freaky! What're the odds???

Give a PM if you want help or have questions during the install... I've been there, you're in for a helluva install...
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/07/06 02:53 AM
Originally posted by DanG:

JEDs- I'm just around the corner in Gainesville- Two turbo monsters lurking in the same area... Freaky! What're the odds???

Give a PM if you want help or have questions during the install... I've been there, you're in for a helluva install...

That is too cool of a coincidence. Yeah weâ??re almost neighbors! I have 12 acres in Marshall VA along â??Carters Run Rdâ? - though I physically live closer to Warrenton. Horses. cows and monster engined Ford Contoursâ?¦

I definitely have to come visit with you before I start wrenching!

Realistically I probably wonâ??t start taking the car apart until late Summer/Fall this year â??? too many unfinished projects around here need completion first (garage included). I'm not in a huge rush to finish the car â??? I'll simply enjoy it the way it is this summer and collect all the parts.

I hope thereâ??s a Spring Zing 2007!

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/07/06 02:34 PM

Who said you had to have a completely modded car to come to Spring Zing? Spring Zing 06 hasn't happened yet, so get registered!

Mark
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/07/06 02:47 PM
I'm not in a huge rush to finish the car â??? I'll simply enjoy it the way it is this summer and collect all the parts.

DeJa Vu. I'm in for the first CEG turbo give away.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/07/06 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Who said you had to have a completely modded car to come to Spring Zing? Spring Zing 06 hasn't happened yet, so get registered!

Mark

Bring the kit to MI b4 SZ and we can throw that thing on your 2.5L.
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/07/06 04:10 PM
Originally posted by todras:
I'm not in a huge rush to finish the car â??? I'll simply enjoy it the way it is this summer and collect all the parts.

DeJa Vu. I'm in for the first CEG turbo give away.

OK!

Bet that would be a busy thread ...
Posted By: TGO Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/07/06 10:32 PM
im confused...if they're going to continue to produce a kit, why not just keep producing the one they have???

This is the nail in the coffin for my car. I've almost got 10k put away and when i turn 25 in sept i'm contemplating going to look at a mazdaspeed 6.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/07/06 10:46 PM
Originally posted by TGO:
im confused...if they're going to continue to produce a kit, why not just keep producing the one they have???

This is the nail in the coffin for my car. I've almost got 10k put away and when i turn 25 in sept i'm contemplating going to look at a mazdaspeed 6.

Don't even think about it. Just do it. The 6 is a stylish car on a modernized platform - and it'll be NEWER. If you've got the cabbage it's a no brainer.
Posted By: Tourige Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/08/06 12:36 AM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Originally posted by TGO:

Don't even think about it. Just do it. The 6 is a stylish car on a modernized platform - and it'll be NEWER. If you've got the cabbage it's a no brainer.

what he said, you'll have a warrenty back (thank god), and the car will still outperform a turbo SVT (can you say traction woes)
Posted By: TGO Re: Last full ADC kit - 02/08/06 09:08 PM
yeah, plus in the long run it'll be cheaper to mod, since the important stuff is already there.

I just gotta find a buyer for the SVT. I'll get raped on the trade in, plus i don't want it being used as a beater.
Posted By: BAD SVT Re: Last full ADC kit - 03/24/06 08:52 PM
just spoke 2 keith. says about 80-85% power of the T3/T4
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Last full ADC kit - 03/24/06 08:53 PM
Originally posted by geejay4ever:

But we must realize that NO ONE has reached the full potential of that kit yet!
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Last full ADC kit - 03/24/06 09:24 PM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoâ??¢:

Im getting there. Jerry tuned my car yesterday in MI and my 42 lb injectors at the end of the day were maxed out. I'll eventually upgrade injectors and see what the kit is capable of.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Last full ADC kit - 03/24/06 09:29 PM
Need more details. Does the car run better, what numbers now? Stop teasing!
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Last full ADC kit - 03/24/06 09:46 PM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoâ??¢:

Numbers mean nothing.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Last full ADC kit - 03/24/06 09:54 PM

Read this chart: http://www.motorsportsdigest.com/tech/perform2.htm

Now, (627hp/8)*6 = 470hp! ^^Must read the disclaimer about that chart. The readings are for a V8 Surpercharged application. Turbo is more effecient, so if you are maxing out 42# injectors, you are well over the 450hp mark
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Last full ADC kit - 03/24/06 11:54 PM
numbers do mean nothing. I wanted it tuned and thats what I got. I dynoed on a mustang dyno and the calibration was VERY LOW. At least, thats what Rara and I think considering these injectors should be at about 380 whp at 80% duty cycle according to ADC. Even the shop owner said, "Whatever you think your gonna put down on a dynojet, subtract about 60 hp." Maybe this dyno was f'ed up. Didn't know and didnt really care since I wanted it tuned and I want to compare numbers to the dynojet here in fort wayne.

My best pull was on 14 psi and the numbers were 343 whp, 326 wtq on pump gas and no ice. Mind you my best pull on a dynojet with 8 psi was 307 whp (298 whp at Dyno Daves dynojet dyno) and 301 wtq and my best numbers at SZ 06 with 16 psi was 364 whp, 410 wtq (run cut short at 4,700 rpms) which was only tuned for 8 psi at the time. Surely, I picked up more than 36 hp with an additional 8 psi haha.

This run on the mustang dyno was cut short at 5,800 rpms due to running out of fuel. Jerry tried adding more fuel but on the second pull it did the same thing. Jerry and the shop owner just assumed it was the injectors unless its a fuel pump issue, but im running a walbro 255 lph. Both Rara and I think its not a fuel pump issue.

I think its just one out of whack dyno.

I guess we'll find out at SZ 06.

And yes, the car pulls insanely hard. The torque steer is now gone in 3rd gear. It just breaks the tires loose now.

If indeed the fuel pump is causing a shortage of fuel, the only thing I could think of, is the "sock" thats on the end of the walbro used as a filter. I wouldnt think thats a restriction since thats how all fuel pumps come.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Last full ADC kit - 03/25/06 12:00 AM
Awesome Jim. I'm going to assume that the dyno operator did not volunteer to put a fuel pressure gauge on it for a run, huh? Would have answered all of your questions. He also could have pinched off the return line now that I think about it. Either one would have pointed at pump or injectors.
© CEG Archives