Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: auiotour s/c parts anyone have extra? - 10/16/05 06:57 AM
Just wanted to know if anyone had extra supercharger parts... I need jackshaft pulley, and possibly super charger. I have most of the vendors that vortech uses and have found some of the parts that I can get (most of the jackshaft) I still need the gears from the super charger. Also a pulley preferably a custom one that a tad smaller like 3 or 3.15 instead of 3.33. If anyone knows where I can buy the seals other then vortech that would be great As I refuse to pay $2k to have this all fixed.

If you have anything pm as I am not on the site much any more.
Posted By: tropictour Re: s/c parts anyone have extra? - 10/17/05 01:33 AM
Hey ASP makes custom pulleys. I think thats where Buckshot got his done. You can talk to him about the different sizes for more boost.
Posted By: Rev. Po-Jay Re: s/c parts anyone have extra? - 10/17/05 08:40 AM
Check your PM's! I may be able to help you out.
Posted By: Rev. Po-Jay Re: s/c parts anyone have extra? - 11/07/05 06:46 PM
TTT

Here is the compressor Side

Here is it close up

Here is the Input Shaft

Here is it close up (Notice the hole for welding in pin)

Here is the other crap (Notice Forge Bypass Valve)

There are no functional issues with the S/C unit, just the splining. I had it resealed (Better than stock) by Mills Racing.
I have an FMU as well. I would suggest getting better pump and injectors instead, as the Fuel Rail Pressure is DANGEROUSLY high with the FMU, but either way you choose...
Posted By: Stazi Re: s/c parts anyone have extra? - 11/07/05 07:34 PM
Personally - if it was my S/C, I would disassemble the whole thing, take the shaft and have it machined to accept one of these:

https://sdp-si.com/eStore/Direct.asp?GroupID=551

Alternatively go to Mcmaster.com - Flexible Couplings, and check out their spider couplings

or shear couplings

Both options are cheap - you just need to do some GOOD (i.e. not on your bench grinder!) machine work
Posted By: Stazi Re: s/c parts anyone have extra? - 11/07/05 08:36 PM
The McMaster.com link:
http://www.mcmaster.com/nav/enter.asp?pagenum=1041
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: s/c parts anyone have extra? - 11/08/05 12:49 AM
Rev Po-Jay, did you sell your vortec kit?

Aaron
Posted By: Stazi Re: s/c parts anyone have extra? - 11/08/05 12:55 AM
Originally posted by NVS SVT:
Rev Po-Jay, did you sell your vortec kit?

Aaron

It's best to PM him
Posted By: Rev. Po-Jay Re: s/c parts anyone have extra? - 11/08/05 02:10 AM
Nope, not sold yet. I have a few interested parties, but I have held onto this thing for a long time. Honestly, I will be letting it go for pennies on the dollar (compared to initial cost).
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: s/c parts anyone have extra? - 11/08/05 09:20 PM
Hey PoJay.

Did I tell you how bad I whipped up on a 2001 Audi S4?
I'm sure it would be just as bad on a 2000.

Nice to see you trolling around.
Posted By: Rev. Po-Jay Re: s/c parts anyone have extra? - 11/09/05 05:18 AM
What did this S4 have on it? I have a Stage I+/II chip with somewhere in the area of 300HP/350TQ at the crank. I am running 16# peak PSI. I would give you a run, win or lose. How the hell are ya Tom?
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: s/c parts anyone have extra? - 11/09/05 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Rev. Po-Jay:
What did this S4 have on it? I have a Stage I+/II chip with somewhere in the area of 300HP/350TQ at the crank. I am running 16# peak PSI. I would give you a run, win or lose. How the hell are ya Tom?

Thats exactly what he has with the addition of a really nice 3" catback. He's running around the same boost too. Must be a common mod for the S4. I have to admit the exhaust was very nice and I saw it first hand when I helped him put on some crossmember to stiffen up his tranny. A really nice piece with a new rubber mount. Its actually an add-on part that the S4 doesnt even come with.

Anyway, that's the same HP/TQ he's claiming with his chip, but I have a hard time believing it.
I can absolutely annihilate him with anything over 6psi.
With 2 passengers. Hehehe.
I think it is because the car weighs like 3800 lbs that it doesn't pull as fast as I expected. Oh well, at least it was a closer race at 4psi.

BTW, I'm doing really good. I'm over here in Ft. Rucker Alabama going to flight school and for the most part loving it.

How are you doing?
Posted By: Rev. Po-Jay Re: s/c parts anyone have extra? - 11/11/05 02:13 AM
Originally posted by warmonger:
Originally posted by Rev. Po-Jay:

Thats exactly what he has with the addition of a really nice 3" catback. He's running around the same boost too. Must be a common mod for the S4. I have to admit the exhaust was very nice and I saw it first hand when I helped him put on some crossmember to stiffen up his tranny. A really nice piece with a new rubber mount. Its actually an add-on part that the S4 doesnt even come with.

Anyway, that's the same HP/TQ he's claiming with his chip, but I have a hard time believing it.
I can absolutely annihilate him with anything over 6psi.
With 2 passengers. Hehehe.
I think it is because the car weighs like 3800 lbs that it doesn't pull as fast as I expected. Oh well, at least it was a closer race at 4psi.

BTW, I'm doing really good. I'm over here in Ft. Rucker Alabama going to flight school and for the most part loving it.

How are you doing?

All is well here. I am just working and playing with the car and the bike. Flight school, huh? Nice.
I dyno'd my car and that is what crank numbers add up to. One thing you gotta keep in mind with the S4's is that your lose about 35% to the drivetrain, whereas you only lose about 18% on a FWD/RWD. The AWD has a ton of moving parts, so it takes more power to see dyno or track power. Take your buddy out to the twisties and you will realize what the Four Rings are all about!
When you making it out this way again? Let me know and we'll catch a beer or something.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: s/c parts anyone have extra? - 11/11/05 03:21 PM
Probably not until mid next summer if at all.

Oh well, if I do get to Tucson/Phoenix to see friends and family I'll pm you when I get there. Hopefully you'll still troll around here.
Posted By: auiotour Re: s/c parts anyone have extra? - 11/13/05 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Stazi:
Personally - if it was my S/C, I would disassemble the whole thing, take the shaft and have it machined to accept one of these:
https://sdp-si.com/eStore/Direct.asp?GroupID=551

Alternatively go to Mcmaster.com - Flexible Couplings, and check out their spider couplings or shear couplings

Both options are cheap - you just need to do some GOOD (i.e. not on your bench grinder!) machine work

We had been looking at flex couplingsa but there isn't to many machines shops I can find around here. I want to keep looking as I spent way to much money to just give up on all of this. I have almost enough money to sent it back to vortech and I may just do that. But if I can get a good enough warranty on the parts and work done by the machine shops then I will just do it like that.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: s/c parts anyone have extra? - 11/13/05 03:40 AM
Definitely go with a flex coupling of some sort! Paying vortec to rebuild their crap is like puttin good money after bad.
You can have a fitting made that mates to the splines and bolts on with a nut and washer for added friction as well.
Just get a good machinist on the problem.
© CEG Archives