Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: mmars_dup1 My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 02:48 PM
At 7:56am this morning my Contour was delivered. For the last 2-3 months Rara, Shaggy and myself have been working with Livernois Motorsports in MI for a new drivetrain for the Contour. Actually, Rara, Shaggy and Livernios did all of the work, I just provided the $$$$$. She has finally arrived and all I have to say is OMG!!! Livernois asked us to keep it secret until stage 1 was complete. Here are the details of what they all did...

2002 3.0L block
Beginning bore diameter: 3.504"
Ending Bore Diameter: 3.714" w/ new cast iron sleves
Beginning Stroke: 3.1299"
Ending Stroke: 3.3092"
Engine displacement: 3.5L
Rods: Manley Custom Forged Billet Steel Rods.
Pistons: JE Forged Aluminum Pistons w/ titanium wrist pins.
Linvenois Forged Billet steel crankshaft

2001 3.0L Heads
Beginning Intake Valve Size: 35mm
Ending Intake Valve Size: 37mm
Beginning Exhaust Valve Size: 30mm
Ending Exhaust Valve Size: 33mm
7-angle valve job
Custom ported and Polished intake and exhaust.
Increase 5mm intake and 5mm exhaust ports.
Valves: Manley Forged Titanium valves
Springs: Double Coiled high rate springs
Retainers: Titanium
Lashes: Livernois Forged Titanium lashes with steel rollers.
Cams: SVT Cams(For now, 3.0L cams reground for turbo for less overlap.)
Engine Compression Ratio: 9.0:1

Tranny: MTX-75 w/ Cryo-treated internals. Torsen LSD.
Halfshafts: Forged Billet Steel half-shafts.

Intake: 3.0L LIM, Extrude Honed to match head intake ports.
Custom Zero-length runner UIM
80mm Throttle Body
Custom 65 degree intake Pipe
90mm Cobra MAF
42# injectors
9" Fender mounted K&N w/ custom splash shield(Thanks Brian)
Aeromotive Returnless Fuel System

Exhaust: JDM Engineering Custom equal-length Stainless Steel headers w/ Ceramic
Coating from SwainTech
1-5/8" Tubing
5/8" Flange
JDM Engineering Custom quasi-dual w/ a single 3" splitting into 2.5"
(Expect the exhaust stuff to start rolling out forsale in the next 3-4
months)

Computer: Fordchip.com custom tune for SVT Computer.

The obvious stuff:
Battery relocated to the trunk.
ARP Head Bolts
ARP Custom Made Main studs
Upgraded Front Brakes to Wilwood.
Fidanza Flywheel
Clutchmaster's Stage III

Current HP: 324.35@5850 FWHP(Front Wheel HP)
Current TQ: 340.76@4500 FWTQ(Front Wheel TQ)

It sounds very nice. Very throaty. Similar to a 4.6L GT Mustang only a little bit flatter tone and thankfully no drone or rasp.

What's next? Stage 2 is forced induction. Livernois will be developing a custom Turbo setup. I don't know the details yet. Nevin at Livernois speculated somewhere around 470FWHP and 490FWTQ. They will be starting that sometime this summer, or when I have the $$$ saved up for it.

Tonight I'm taking her to Capitol Raceway to see what kind of numbers she will put up.

I cannot say that this has gone without any problems. One of the reasons why it took so long is the first set of tranny internals didn't hold up well. That's the reason why they went with cryo-treated... Actually, all of the problems were tranny related. After the new tranny internals were installed and tranny was put in, the second thing to go were the half-shafts. The new ones are holding strong.

Thanks to:
Rara(Brian) for helping me get the right specs for what was needed to make this fine piece of machinery perform like it should.

Shaggy(Chris) for his tranny insight and tuning input.

Bnoon(Brad) For a good price on 3.0L heads.

AndyW(Andy) and his dad for the past and future use of his dad's garage. I'll be there tonight putting on the new tires.

I should have pics of the entire build process in the next couple of days. They said they have over 200 pics. As soon as I get them, I'll post them.

Here is the dyno:

Dyno

Brad, I guess it's time for that 3.5L forum...

--Matt
Posted By: Andy W._dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 02:51 PM
I can't wait to go for a ride at lunch! WOOT!

-Andy
Posted By: JDRUID_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 03:00 PM
WOW that is awesome!

JDM is making contour stuff? I thought they just did lightning's. How did you pull that off? JDM headers..??? Does that mean there is another option for headers?

Good luck with it.
Posted By: kinger_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 03:05 PM
Holy money batman!!! What do you have in that 20-30K pre-turbo!!

Posted By: mmars_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 03:05 PM
Ooops...Lance, it's time for that 3.5L forum...

Yeah...JDM will do it. You just have to give them your car for about 3 weeks.

--Matt
Posted By: mmars_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 03:10 PM
It did cost quite a bit. Wife told me not to say. However, I can say add $13k, for the 98 GT Convertable we bought my wife because she didn't want to car pool because the contour was being upgraded, to the lower end of your estimate.

--Matt
Posted By: bnoon_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 03:14 PM
I may have ditched the Contour to quickly... Searching the net now for a blown engine early SE for cheap...
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 03:23 PM

I'm speechless... This has to be the coolest thing I have ever seen.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 03:25 PM
First the new Cobra and now this? I hate you.
Posted By: AirKnight Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 03:28 PM
SHARE THE WEALTH!
Posted By: PuckPuck_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 03:30 PM

all i have to say is WOW ....

ummm... are ANY of theses parts going to be available to the public... such as the headers, valves and valvetrain parts..... (i know the exhaust is but what about the rest)

Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 03:40 PM
That is sick!!!

As puck puck said is any of those parts gonna be available for the rest of us? (maybe I'll win the lottery some day )
Posted By: mmars_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 03:41 PM
All of the internals are custom made to order. I don't think they are going to be readily available. You could definitly have some made. According to JDM, yes on the headers as well... I'd say give them a month or so and see what happens.

--Matt
Posted By: AirKnight Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 03:46 PM
Only if I didn't already decided to abandon all future projects for the Contour (other than getting it up and running again) and shoot for an Impreza. I can't wait til you go to the 1/4 track, better be putting down 12's.
Posted By: mmars_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 04:13 PM
Honestly, I think it would give the Cobra a run for it's money. We'll see tonight though, if it doesn't rain.

--Matt
Please dont rain, please dont rain, please dont rain.......

That is freakin sick man, I must say that is truely outstanding. Good work to all the guys that put that thing together. Incredible numbers for the first NA 3.5L (who is next?? otherwise you'll have your own forum section...lol)
I just sold a loaded 95 SE w/ blown engine for $700. A little late, King Brad.
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 04:33 PM
Originally posted by mmars:
Honestly, I think it would give the Cobra a run for it's money. We'll see tonight though, if it doesn't rain.

--Matt

See...and people in my area (non contour owners) doubted me that our cars gould be buitlt up with the right abmount of money....Oh ya, would the shop you got this done at accept a business check form a Multi-million dollar parts distributer from California?????

I'm looking to race and they want to help

Ps...are those torque and HP number really N/a???????? Please , do tell.

Roz
Posted By: hydro Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 04:39 PM

Current HP: 324.35@5850" 324.35@5850FWHP (Front Wheel HP)
Current TQ: 340.76@4500 FWTQ (Front Wheel TQ)

--Matt

Posted By: mmars_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Roz 1999 SVT-C:

--Matt

See...and people in my area (non contour owners) doubted me that our cars gould be buitlt up with the right abmount of money....Oh ya, would the shop you got this done at accept a business check form a Multi-million dollar parts distributer from California?????

I'm looking to race and they want to help

Ps...are those torque and HP number really N/a???????? Please , do tell.

Roz

Yeah...the car is N/A for now...

--Matt
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 04:43 PM
OMG! That is just amazing, i am typeless.
So this means most probably you have the the most powerful contour in the world...how about that.

Suddenly this makes the guy who claimed to run 12's all motor seem much more credible.
Posted By: AirKnight Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 04:53 PM
Originally posted by HoosierContour:
I just sold a loaded 95 SE w/ blown engine for $700. A little late, King Brad.

emm... '95 SE with a blown engine... that sounds so familiar, where did I hear last time? emm... Now... I have a '95 SE with a blown 3L, and a 3L with spun bearing sitting in the basement... What should I do? I gotta stop reading this thread so I don't spend money on both the Contour, Impreza, and also the bike.
Posted By: TBNPLR Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 05:00 PM
1st, Congrats!! on the new baby 2. are you bringing this to Carlisle?? good luck at the track matt.

chris S
Uhhhhhhhh..... WOW!

Over 300hp N/A.... WOW!

WOW!

Did I say WOW! ???

All I have to say is congrats, Matt! That is one awesome beast! I honestly thought you abandoned any 'Tour modding when you got the Cobra!

Sheesh, you're in M3 territory!

-Lance
Posted By: AirKnight Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Lance Kinley:
All I have to say is congrats, Matt! That is one awesome beast! I honestly thought you abandoned any 'Tour modding when you got the Cobra!

I was actually trying to dig up those posts of him saying something about he sold the Contour or not going to do anything to the Contour. I think that was meant to throw us off.
Posted By: offroadSVT Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 05:07 PM
...wow... thats all i can come up with.... wow....
Posted By: mmars_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 05:11 PM
Originally posted by AirKnight:

I was actually trying to dig up those posts of him saying something about he sold the Contour or not going to do anything to the Contour. I think that was meant to throw us off.

Actually, I had 2 of them. One of them did go.

--Matt
Posted By: mmars_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 05:12 PM
Originally posted by TBNPLR:
1st, Congrats!! on the new baby 2. are you bringing this to Carlisle?? good luck at the track matt.

chris S

1. Thanks!

2. Most likely bring both Contour and Cobra.

--Matt
Posted By: mmars_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 05:17 PM
Uhhhhhhhh..... WOW!

Over 300hp N/A.... WOW!

WOW!

Did I say WOW! ???

Sheesh, you're in M3 territory!

-Lance

We all say we aren't going to mod anything...and look at what happens...

I think I might let Andy take the Cobra up to Capitol Raceway tonight to see how the two run together.

--Matt
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 05:33 PM
I will say it like I said in Dyno and Drag...HOLY CRAP!!!

*Ditching Zetec to get Duratec!!*
Posted By: Krafty_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 06:22 PM
I don't even know that jealous is the word I'm looking for

Very impressive mod list that looks to be very well thought out. Good luck tonight at the track!!!
Posted By: Andy W._dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 06:32 PM
Well it's official! Matt's tour enduces premature ejaculation! And my neck hurts like hell! I can't wait to see what it will do at the track!

-Andy
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 06:32 PM
wow man, congrats, thats one hell of an engine. is the tour gonna be a daily driver?
Posted By: mmars_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Andy W.:
Well it's official! Matt's tour enduces premature ejaculation! And my neck hurts like hell! I can't wait to see what it will do at the track!

-Andy

And I thought you spilled your soda...

--Matt
Posted By: mmars_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Russell:
wow man, congrats, thats one hell of an engine. is the tour gonna be a daily driver?

I can't answer that question yet.

--Matt
Posted By: Andy W._dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 06:37 PM
The soda was my cover to avoid any awkward moment! LOL!

-Andy
Posted By: TGO Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 06:37 PM
Wow man that's amazing! With those numbers I would be happy enough leaving it NA! [[Old Irish man accent]] Loo a that torrrque!

Did JDM do all the running around for you, getting the custom parts or was it up to you? And...roughly, how much? I hope you will put together all this info somewhere for reference for people interested ...if the balance in my bank account ever gets that high. I never thought I woul dsee numbers like that out of a contour. Simply amazing.
Posted By: 95Mike_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 06:41 PM

--Matt

That's classic. "I use my '03 Cobra as a daily driver and take the contour out for track use only."
Posted By: mmars_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 06:43 PM
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:
Wow man that's amazing! With those numbers I would be happy enough leaving it NA! [[Old Irish man accent]] Loo a that torrrque!

Did JDM do all the running around for you, getting the custom parts or was it up to you? And...roughly, how much? I hope you will put together all this info somewhere for reference for people interested ...if the balance in my bank account ever gets that high. I never thought I woul dsee numbers like that out of a contour. Simply amazing.

JDM just did the exhaust. The Contour was sent to them first. Stayed there for about a month, the off to MI. Actually, Brian(Rara) and Chris A(Shaggy) helped me quite a bit in getting suppliers for some of the stuff. But for the most part, Livernois knew exactly who to go to for the rest.

--Matt
Posted By: Krafty_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 06:59 PM
What Wheel/Tire sizes will you be running?
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 07:08 PM

"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy,
the best golfer is a black guy,
The Swiss hold the America's Cup,
France is accusing the US of arrogance,
Germany doesn't want to go to war,
and a Contour makes these numbers: 324.35@5850 FWHP 340.76@4500 TQ"

Mark
Posted By: mmars_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 07:08 PM
225/55/16 on stock svt wheels. I have a set of Nitto drag radials that I'm going to put on tonight.

--Matt
Posted By: hydro Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 07:12 PM
Originally posted by 95Mike:

--Matt

That's classic. "I use my '03 Cobra as a daily driver and take the contour out for track use only."

ROFL
Posted By: BDR Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 07:42 PM
PICS?
Posted By: Pascal_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 08:10 PM
Originally posted by 95Mike:

--Matt

LMAO. Right along with Sam (PhatSVT), keeping the 'tour for the weekends.
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 08:19 PM
if i was him the cobra would be the daily driver. driving you are always at the risk of an accident, and it would be ALOT easier to replace the cobra (insurance), but would insurance even comver the extensive modifications he did?
Posted By: PuckPuck_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Trapps:

and a Contour makes these numbers: 324.35@5850">324.35@5850</a> FWHP <a href="mailto:340.76@4500 TQ"

Mark

97.1FM Talk that Rocks Detroit!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 09:29 PM

Originally posted by PuckPuck:
Originally posted by Trapps:

and a Contour makes these numbers: 324.35@5850">324.35@5850</a> FWHP <a href="mailto:340.76@4500 TQ"

Mark

97.1FM Talk that Rocks Detroit!

Is everyone using this Chris Rock quote now? Still damn funny! What a secret you guys have been holding. Hope everything holds together!
Posted By: Static Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 09:37 PM
HOLY [censored] BALLS... that is insane man.... I am messing myself as I read this
Posted By: ezsvt Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 09:47 PM
Wow, that is seriously impressive. Cant wait to see how it runs!
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 09:51 PM
Awesome! That is one hell of engine build. Very systematic. You guys did a wonderful job, and I was just thinking how little new developement was going on as of late.
If I blow my motor with the then now I know what block I'm going to replace it with!

warmonger
Posted By: David Z_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 11:15 PM
That's weird...

I've never seen a N/A engine with a HP plot that goes flat, which is alot like when a boosted engine reaches it's maximum boost level. Also very uncharacteristic for a "small" displacement OVERSQUARE engine to have more TQ than HP.

Oh look at that, I just described a 03' Cobra motor...

Forgive me, but I'm going to be a nay sayer for the next 3 days...

NAY!
Posted By: hydro Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/28/03 11:35 PM
i wouldn't naysay any project that Rara has helped build...
Posted By: Swazo Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/29/03 12:29 AM

Congrats man! Now everything will be messured up to your car!! Wow........wow...............WOW! I'm in awe!
Originally posted by David Z:
That's weird...

NAY!

This was in the back of mind all day....Maybe denial keeps my hopes up.....
Posted By: AirKnight Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/29/03 01:19 AM
Someone pointed out the HP and TQ curves doesn't cross at 5252. That's a really interesting point because it's impossible to not have the HP and TQ cross at 5252, it's against physics. As we all know, you cannot go against physics. So for now, I think this deal starts to smell a little fishy.
Posted By: m!key Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/29/03 02:27 AM
please dont tell me that this is an early april fools joke. i have had a huge smile on my face all day.
Posted By: mamisano_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/29/03 02:29 AM
Someone pointed out the HP and TQ curves doesn't cross at 5252. That's a really interesting point because it's impossible to not have the HP and TQ cross at 5252, it's against physics. As we all know, you cannot go against physics. So for now, I think this deal starts to smell a little fishy.

Nothing to do with physics, everything to do with math. The math for obtaining HP is (Torque x RPM)/5252. So yes, it cannot cross at any other point.

Also, there is NO WAY a 3.5l 9.0:1 N/A motor is going to pump out 300+ lb/ft @ 2500 RPM.

I doubt it is his Cobra, they make 360+ hp at the wheels stock.
Posted By: Faboo Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/29/03 02:49 AM
For N/A those are amazing....especially with 9.0:1 CR......i am totally in shock....seriously, i think it was actually better that u waited before u told people...now the shock is 10x bigger.........WOW
Posted By: onosway Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/29/03 03:48 AM
I'm waiting till Tuesday...
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/29/03 06:19 AM
Originally posted by mamisano:

Nothing to do with physics, everything to do with math. The math for obtaining HP is (Torque x RPM)/5252. So yes, it cannot cross at any other point.

is that more of a general rule or the actual only way it can be??? it just seems odd to me that every single engine dyno curves will all cross at the same point.
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/29/03 06:28 AM
Why would you have custom headers made if livernois is making a custom turbo, which I would imagine would use special manifolds for turbo use. I call b.s, I hope it isn't(realy I do). I have spoken to a few guys at Livernois a few moths ago and I am sure they would of mentioned it to me. Well it is impressive if its true.
Posted By: AndrewR_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/29/03 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:

is that more of a general rule or the actual only way it can be??? it just seems odd to me that every single engine dyno curves will all cross at the same point.

Keep reading mamisano's post until it makes sense.

HP = (Tq x RPM)/5252

If RPM = 5252, then HP = Tq. That is the only way.
Posted By: mmars_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/29/03 10:58 AM
My machine had a bad simm yesterday. It cause all sorts of problems before crashing a few times. Anyway, I put the good version up.

On another note, I got to Capitol Raceway last night early. Good thing too, because they closed it about 20 minutes after I got my first 2 runs in. Here is how I stacked up:

Run1:

R/T .698
60' 2.594
1/4 13.36@101.51

Run2:
R/T .589
60' 2.192
1/4 13.31@101.6

Demon was right, little traction down low. Even with the LSD. Once I got going, WOOHOO!!!!

--Matt
Posted By: mmars_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/29/03 11:06 AM
Too bad my bank account balance isn't a joke or it would be a funny one.

--Matt
Posted By: mmars_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/29/03 11:11 AM
That's weird...

I've never seen a N/A engine with a HP plot that goes flat, which is alot like when a boosted engine reaches it's maximum boost level. Also very uncharacteristic for a "small" displacement OVERSQUARE engine to have more TQ than HP.

NAY!

Umm... The cobra dyno's much higher... Some have seen 385RWHP on a stock cobra.

--Matt
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/29/03 02:07 PM

Also, there is NO WAY a 3.5l 9.0:1 N/A motor is going to pump out 300+ lb/ft @ 2500 RPM.

I doubt it is his Cobra, they make 360+ hp at the wheels stock.

Interesting you say that. I just computed the correct HP curve from the torque curve on that graph and it peaks out at around 375 to the wheels at about 7000 rpm. The torque curve doesn't look at all representative of SVT cams, but then that could be because of all the custom manifold work.

I happen to have a '03 cobra dyno and I am going to compare them now to see how it looks.

Tom
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/29/03 02:13 PM
All this speculation.

I hope this car is not parked next to Steve Bassen's Z-06.

When can we get pics?
Posted By: mamisano_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/29/03 02:15 PM
My machine had a bad simm yesterday. It cause all sorts of problems before crashing a few times. Anyway, I put the good version up.

On another note, I got to Capitol Raceway last night early. Good thing too, because they closed it about 20 minutes after I got my first 2 runs in. Here is how I stacked up:

Run1:

R/T .698
60' 2.594
1/4 13.36@101.51

Run2:
R/T .589
60' 2.192
1/4 13.31@101.6

Demon was right, little traction down low. Even with the LSD. Once I got going, WOOHOO!!!!

--Matt

With 300+ WHP on tap, you should trap much higher than that...no?
Posted By: AirKnight Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/29/03 07:00 PM
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Keep reading mamisano's post until it makes sense.

HP = (Tq x RPM)/5252

If RPM = 5252, then HP = Tq. That is the only way.

One thing you have to keep in mind though is the units that you're using. The HP/TQ curves will cross at 5252 ONLY IF we're using HP and ft-lbs as units. But the original curves uses HP and ft-lbs so it's kind of suspucious that it doesn't cross until 1k later.
Posted By: Faboo Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/29/03 08:06 PM
Also very uncharacteristic for a "small" displacement OVERSQUARE engine to have more TQ than HP.

pontiac's 3.8L-3.4L-3.1L
Posted By: mmars_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/29/03 11:51 PM

Run1:

R/T .698
60' 2.594
1/4
Run2:
R/T .589
60' 2.192
1/4 <a href="mailto:13.31@101.6">13.36@101.51">13.36@101.51</a>

Run2:
R/T .589
60' 2.192
1/4 <a href="mailto:13.31@101.6

--Matt

With 300+ WHP on tap, you should trap much higher than that...no?

Yes, your right, I should have. If I could only kept the wheels from spinning through 1st and 2nd gear. Notice the low 60' times.

--Matt
Posted By: AndrewR_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/30/03 12:54 AM
Quote:

Run1:
R/T .698
60' 2.594
1/4 13.36@101.51

Run2:
R/T .589
60' 2.192
1/4 13.31@101.6

How did a 0.4 second (2.192 vs 2.594) improvement in your 60' time only lead to a 0.05 second (13.31 vs 13.36) improvement overall? Also, why are your dyno runs only 1 second ( 8:27:32 PM , 8:27:33 PM) apart?

I know others noticed this first, but no one said anything....

EDIT: stupid @ symbol causing problems
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/30/03 01:07 AM
do you got a timeslip?
Posted By: TheGSRGuy_dup2 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/30/03 01:32 AM
FWIW JDM is short in the import world for Japanese Domestic Machine (fancy way of saying Jap-spec).
Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/30/03 01:51 AM
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:

. Actually, Brian(Rara) and Chris A(Shaggy) helped me quite a bit in getting suppliers for some of the stuff. But for the most part, Livernois knew exactly who to go to for the rest.

--Matt

I used to work for Livernois....they have ALOT of good connections....and what they can't outsource....they can make in house.....

man I miss some of the stuff we got to work on...
Posted By: onosway Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/30/03 02:45 AM
Tuesday nears...
And also a well known Lightning Tuner over at SVT Performance. Jim Da'more (Not sureo n the spelling of his last name) www.teamjdm.com

Originally posted by TheGSRGuy:
FWIW JDM is short in the import world for Japanese Domestic Machine (fancy way of saying Jap-spec).

Posted By: AirKnight Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/30/03 04:02 AM
Originally posted by nyceboi:
Tuesday nears...

Happy Early April Tools Day!

I just looked at the dyno plot and it sure looked to me like it crossed between the 5000 mark and the 5500 mark on the RPM scale? Or do I need a new prescription for my glasses?
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/30/03 05:32 AM

Run1:

R/T .698
60' 2.594
1/4 13.36 @ 101.51
Run2:
R/T .589
60' 2.192
1/4 13.31 @ 101.6

Man. If you are going to make up such tales at least make them a little believable.

That trap speed is so damn low for your HP and also for the fact a FWD car that can't launch will run a much faster trap speed then comparable E.T.

I would have waited for Tuesday to post this since it never made it past Day 1.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/30/03 05:36 AM
Originally posted by warmonger:
The torque curve doesn't look at all representative of SVT cams

I told David that Day 1 in my reply to his PM at these numbers.

Power curves are all wrong for the SVT cams.

HP flattens out like a FI'd car that has run out of compressor. Peaks way too early!
Then like you said the TQ curve is wrong and drops like a brick. The SVT cams hold on strong. Better breathing on top of that would hang on even better!
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 The Cows have come Home... - 03/30/03 06:29 AM
Originally posted by NorCalCoug:
I just looked at the dyno plot and it sure looked to me like it crossed between the 5000 mark and the 5500 mark on the RPM scale? Or do I need a new prescription for my glasses?

Nope!

He has replaced the original pic with an edited one.

That's - ALSO WHY THE TIME CHANGED ON THE DYNO RUNS!!!

More errors!!!

Originally the dyno runs were 20 seconds apart. (see my post in the dyno section)

Now they are 1 second apart & the dates have changed because the files were edited!

You could have done it 6 months before April 1st and it still would be a bad joke.

The dyno software makes time stamped and locked files. You can move, copy, rename, or whatever the files and the date & time NEVER changes.
However if you "edit" the file manually the date and time will change. This is the only way it will change too!

***BTW FOLKS***

I just dyno'd my car.

The graphs are a little shaky because of all the timing I added.

I started at 50 degrees and went up to 110-115 degrees by 6000rpm.

I didn't want to get too crazy. I've tried 130+ degrees while just screwing around testing the rev limiter in neutral.

The numbers were pretty good.

I know I would have done better if I wasn't running 85 octane Ethanol. Maybe next time I'll splurge for 87! Maybe 89 even!!! (look out John Force!)

Man, Greg, did the Mad Scientist tear apart your block and replace the piston rings you just fried? Not a bad way to spend 10k dollars!
Posted By: smars_dup1 Re: The Cows have come Home... - 03/30/03 05:22 PM
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by NorCalCoug:

Nope!

He has replaced the original pic with an edited one.

That's - ALSO WHY THE TIME CHANGED ON THE DYNO RUNS!!!

More errors!!!

Originally the dyno runs were 20 seconds apart. (see my post in the dyno section)

Now they are 1 second apart & the dates have changed because the files were edited!

You could have done it 6 months before April 1st and it still would be a bad joke.

The dyno software makes time stamped and locked files. You can move, copy, rename, or whatever the files and the date & time NEVER changes.
However if you "edit" the file manually the date and time will change. This is the only way it will change too!

***BTW FOLKS***

Actually, that's not true about the file part. UNIX doesn't give a crap about windows permissions.

--Matt
Posted By: hydro Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/30/03 09:35 PM

how far is april fools day? i hate getting burnt!!
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/31/03 12:59 AM
Originally posted by TheGSRGuy:

I thought jdm was japan domestic "market" not machine.
Posted By: Corbett_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 03/31/03 10:16 PM
Does this car have the tire heaters that Officer Cartman said BMW was introducing LAST April Fools day? Anyone notice that mmars has not chalenged any of the April fools posts?
It is now 4/1...
Posted By: onosway Re: My second youngest is now home... - 04/01/03 01:27 PM
the truth is out there...
Posted By: mmars_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 04/01/03 02:05 PM
Well...for those who asked for them, here are the pics: http://home.covad.net/~mmars1/3.5Lpics.html

Sorry it took so long, busy weekend, and no ceg yesterday.
Enjoy!

--Matt
I knew it! I kept trying to talk myself into it being true, but didn't make sense! :-P

Well...for those who asked for them, here are the pics: http://home.covad.net/~mmars1/3.5Lpics.html

Sorry it took so long, busy weekend, and no ceg yesterday.
Enjoy!

--Matt

Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 04/01/03 02:09 PM
Hook, line, sinker...

That was a good 'un, Matty.
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 04/01/03 02:54 PM
I was wondering why Rara and Shaggy wasn't posting in here... that was my first clue, but I still wanted it to be true... LOL!!
you son of a biatch....waaaaaa I wanted to see a running 3.5
Posted By: Swazo Re: My second youngest is now home... - 04/01/03 06:15 PM
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 04/01/03 06:20 PM
huh? what is this? this is the first I've heard of this . . .

Matt, you mean to say you were lying to me all this time???????

hehe, I just wish you had shown me the dyno plot and time slips ahead of time, and we could have avoided some of the 2nd guessing
Posted By: mmars_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 04/01/03 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Rara:

hehe, I just wish you had shown me the dyno plot and time slips ahead of time, and we could have avoided some of the 2nd guessing

Yeah.... Oh welll...it was funny for the first 3 hours..

--Matt
Posted By: kinger_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 04/01/03 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Rara:

Yeah.... Oh welll...it was funny for the first 3 hours..

--Matt

That was fun...
Posted By: juspifool_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 04/01/03 07:12 PM
Posted By: bnoon_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 04/01/03 07:18 PM
People get me all of the time because I have so much going on that I forget what the date is. Every year I get suckered into some kind of April fool's day joke.
Posted By: mmars_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 04/01/03 07:28 PM
Not everything was false. Did buy the wife a 98 GT Convertable. Got 3.0L heads from Brad Noon.

--Matt
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: My second youngest is now home... - 04/01/03 07:44 PM
Originally posted by xchang:
I was wondering why Rara and Shaggy wasn't posting in here... that was my first clue, but I still wanted it to be true... LOL!!

I was in sunny CA! I just got back and it snowed! What a rude welcome home.
© CEG Archives