Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 96BlackSE Its running!!!! - 08/14/06 02:22 AM
But my slave cylinder is leaking
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Its running!!!! - 08/14/06 03:39 AM
O snap.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Its running!!!! - 08/14/06 05:09 AM
yea...Mine's been running for a week, and I have a leak around the front cover...It's hitting pully's/belt and spraying on my hood. not a terrible leak but enough to make me pissed.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Its running!!!! - 08/14/06 06:08 AM
Congrats on the running cars. I need to swap out the oil soon. My break in is almost done. Are you two both switching out the tranny fluid as well?
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Its running!!!! - 08/14/06 06:14 AM
I'm not...I had the ford honey (terry's choice) lube in my trans when I got it about 800 miles ago. When I took it out with my engine, I replaced what was lost from pulling the axles, and I'm leaving it like so. As far as the engine goes...I don't know what I'm doing yet. My big problem right now (other than that slight leak, which is power steering fluid i think) is that my exhaust is loud as a 4 letter word. Under 3k its tolerable but above, its just insanely loud. MSDS headers, through a trubendz y, through a magnaflow non res trubendz is not the way to go with a 3l people. The catback sounded good w/out the y and headers, but its just rediculously loud.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Its running!!!! - 08/14/06 06:23 AM
Ya I drove to an exhaust place about 3 miles away just on the headers. Haha ya that was really loud. Now I have 22 inch magnaflow res. and two 18 inch magnaflow res from the trubendz exhuast. It is REALLY deep but sounds awesome. I get compliments on it alot now.

I dont think I will change my tranny fluid after the break in either. If i thought about it before I might have but I already spend 25 bucks on the RP tranny fluid.
Posted By: "shotty driving"-ds Re: Its running!!!! - 08/14/06 08:44 AM
SOUND CLIP!!!
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Its running!!!! - 08/14/06 12:52 PM
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
Under 3k its tolerable but above, its just insanely loud. MSDS headers, through a trubendz y, through a magnaflow non res trubendz is not the way to go with a 3l people. The catback sounded good w/out the y and headers, but its just rediculously loud.

Wuss!!!!!! . I do think a sound clip is in order before you change the exhaust . I found my exhaust too quiet on my 3L .

Aaron
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Its running!!!! - 08/14/06 06:06 PM
[censored]...let me mess around and find a way to get a sound clip of it....and you'll all be thinking I have a briggs and stratton wide open with a fart can on it...It is honestly that loud and annoying above 3k. My first drive around the block set off a car alarm...the same car I've drven by before with my subs blasting....so unless he recently made his alarm that sensitive...My [censored] is loud.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Its running!!!! - 08/14/06 06:17 PM
Sounds good, can't wait to hear the clip. Setting off car alarms is fun especially when you don't like that person .

Aaron
Posted By: "shotty driving"-ds Re: Its running!!!! - 08/14/06 09:51 PM
Originally posted by bradSVT:
Now I have 22 inch magnaflow res. and two 18 inch magnaflow res from the trubendz exhuast. It is REALLY deep but sounds awesome. I get compliments on it alot now.

I meant a sound clip of that. But hell a before and after will be just fine.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Its running!!!! - 08/14/06 11:04 PM
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
[censored]...let me mess around and find a way to get a sound clip of it....and you'll all be thinking I have a briggs and stratton wide open with a fart can on it...It is honestly that loud and annoying above 3k. My first drive around the block set off a car alarm...the same car I've drven by before with my subs blasting....so unless he recently made his alarm that sensitive...My [censored] is loud.

I have a similar set up on my car. Only difference is taht I do not have headers, but I have gutted stock manifolds.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Its running!!!! - 08/14/06 11:50 PM
Originally posted by "shotty driving"-ds:
Originally posted by bradSVT:
Now I have 22 inch magnaflow res. and two 18 inch magnaflow res from the trubendz exhuast. It is REALLY deep but sounds awesome. I get compliments on it alot now.

I meant a sound clip of that. But hell a before and after will be just fine.

Working on that. Let me move into my new house first.
Posted By: RodneyBur Re: Its running!!!! - 08/15/06 04:36 AM
This thread is eerily similiar to my build. My bleeder valve broke off on my slave cylinder after the install. Luckily I have a clutch pedal and its driveable. I think its slips a little though but not sure since it dont know what a slipping clutch feels like. I'm dreading pulling the engine and tranny out just to replace it.

I also had a leak on the timing cover dripping down from the PS pump. I went through almost two fill ups of the ps reservoir, then all of a sudden it stopped leaking one day after I started driving it.

My exhaust is really [censored] loud too. I have WR, Test pipe, 2.5 inch trubends dual exit w/ borla. Too loud to get on it since cops can here me from across the [censored] city.

Anyone here having issues with wheel bearings? I need to replace the two new ones I put in with two more new ones.

Glad to hear its running.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Its running!!!! - 08/15/06 07:28 AM
I didnt have any problems with the wheel bearings. It was a real shock to hear the exhaust after I have the three res. on there. Its still not quite and I get plenty of attention. I do hear a leak now though and thought it was the flex pipe but it is not the problem. Hopefully its something easy to fix. I thought I had the EGR tq'ed as much as I could. I will trouble shoot this weekend. It seems this summer alot of 3L projects were done.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Its running!!!! - 08/15/06 03:47 PM
Originally posted by RodneyBur:

Anyone here having issues with wheel bearings? I need to replace the two new ones I put in with two more new ones.

Talk to 1FASTDAD I have never seen anyone go through so many wheel bearings lol.

Aaron
Posted By: Matt J Re: Its running!!!! - 08/15/06 07:30 PM
dont tighten them so much.......only do it to the specified torq specs if it still goes bad then tighten it less than before.....or it maybe that your not tightening them enough...also cud try replacing balljoints and ect.....dont see how that would play with the bearings but its all connected and it wudnt hurt to try it. i do airbags suspension and all on vehicles and i havent not once heard of the bearings like that going out so quickly...unless like i said the obvious i stated earlier.
Posted By: RodneyBur Re: Its running!!!! - 08/16/06 01:54 AM
my problem with the bearing was the fact that I bought two new axles from advance. One had a slightly different size of splins on the end and I tried to force it on, thinking it was the right size. I eventually removed it, returned it, and bought another from savage. It slid right on by I had already damaged the bearings.
© CEG Archives