Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Retarded computer - 04/26/06 07:52 PM
Pulled these codes:

P0171 Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 1
P1151 Lack Of HO2S21 Switches - Sensor Indicates Lean
P0155 Heated Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit (bank 2, sensor 1)
P1000 OBD Systems Readiness Test Not Complete

This car is confusing the hell outta me. I know I turned off the downstream o2s!

And the upper o2s are brand new!

Now among other things I raced my buddies BMW and he pulled on me! He has no mods done to it and I was beating him in my old 2.5L!

BAAH!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Retarded computer - 04/26/06 08:41 PM
Keep racing him with a lean condition!
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Retarded computer - 04/26/06 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Todd aRRRRRRRRR.:
Keep racing him with a lean condition!

More HP!!
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Retarded computer - 04/26/06 10:22 PM
Why would bank 1 be showing lean when it's the bank 2 front oxygen sensor that is faulting?
Posted By: Swazo Re: Retarded computer - 04/27/06 12:56 AM
Are the rear o2's atleast plugged in? I know I turned mine off, but didn't have them plugged in and it threw a code or two.

Though some how Heath @ MM was able to totally turn them off and my EGR system and not have to have them plugged in to stay CEL free.

Time to get a wideband on there and see what's really going on
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Retarded computer - 04/27/06 01:03 AM
Originally posted by TC'd Swazo:
Are the rear o2's atleast plugged in? I know I turned mine off, but didn't have them plugged in and it threw a code or two.

Though some how Heath @ MM was able to totally turn them off and my EGR system and not have to have them plugged in to stay CEL free.

Got the wideband...at WOT I am at like 10:1.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Retarded computer - 04/27/06 01:23 AM
Sounds like trhe front upper O2 (both O2 codes are for that sensor) isn't even pluggen in or something.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Retarded computer - 04/27/06 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Stazi:
Sounds like trhe front upper O2 (both O2 codes are for that sensor) isn't even pluggen in or something.

know that you mntion that... do not explicitly recall install or plugging in the bank 2 #1 sensor.
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Retarded computer - 04/27/06 02:53 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoââ??¢:

why the heck is it throwing a lean code then?
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Retarded computer - 04/27/06 03:05 AM
One bank will compensate for the other and throw an opposite code. The trims will be complete opposite ends of the spectrum.
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Retarded computer - 04/27/06 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Keyser:
One bank will compensate for the other and throw an opposite code. The trims will be complete opposite ends of the spectrum.

makes sense. Could it be possible his wiring harness is cracked and grounding causing it to be running full duty on one bank? I know mine had that problem before I got the harnesses replaced.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Retarded computer - 04/27/06 11:14 AM
Try plugging everything in, including any sensors you intend to turn off and get things working somewhat normally before you go around cutting them back off.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Retarded computer - 04/27/06 01:24 PM
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:

The 10:1 at WOT makes sense now, because with the pedal to the floor the Tb is actually turned past WOT and is partially closing again...so im WOT at about 3/4 pedal. If that makes sesne.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Retarded computer - 04/27/06 03:32 PM
The 10:1 at WOT makes sense now, because with the pedal to the floor the Tb is actually turned past WOT and is partially closing again...so im WOT at about 3/4 pedal. If that makes sesne.

Wha Wha Wha Whaaat???? It goes PAST WOT? LOL! Will the TPS even allow that without breaking? You don't have a stop point on your T/B that keeps it from going any further? I guess I don't see how that's even possible.

Mark
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Retarded computer - 04/27/06 04:25 PM
Modified SVT TB. Take the guts and swap into the Taurus 60mm. I'm glad I have the Taurus TB with just the bracket modified. Might be the only way to do it without issues.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Retarded computer - 04/27/06 06:30 PM
He can EASILY adjust it so it doesn't go past 90�°.I've done the adjustment myself.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Retarded computer - 04/27/06 06:39 PM
O rly.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Retarded computer - 04/27/06 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Todd aRRRRRRRRR.:
O rly.

yeah, i fig theres gotta be something..I just havent looked at it yet,.
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: Retarded computer - 04/27/06 09:17 PM
How did you do that stazi? I assumed I would need to fabricate some sort of bracket.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Retarded computer - 04/28/06 11:08 AM
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:

OMG, just take a piece of metal strip, drill two holes in it and put it on the top right bolt to act as a throttle stop. Then bend it to fit.

This is how I make my throttle stops on all my TB conversions, well actually I use a stiff piece of metal and hammer and grind it into shape now but the first one I made was simple plummers tape bent three times thick and adjusted.
Painted silver or black it looks pretty good too.

Oh, and yes you can go a little farther on the tps before it will break, but not much.

Posted By: Stazi Re: Retarded computer - 04/28/06 01:51 PM
Something like what Tom suggest.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Retarded computer - 04/28/06 02:05 PM
I was thinking about something along those lines...just don't have the time nor the resources being up at school with finals next week.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Retarded computer - 04/30/06 02:43 PM
Finals....yuck!
© CEG Archives