Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SpdySVT how bout this 3.0 ??? - 04/05/06 05:38 AM
Will this engine work in my 1998.5 SVT ???

03 Taurus Sable 3.0L OHV Engine w/23K Miles Runs
Accessories : Exhaust Manifold, Oil Pan
Engine Size : 3.0L
Mileage : 23k
Options : Non-Tubro/SuperCharged
01 Inventory # : YM4770
Body Type : 4 Door Car
Make : FORD
Model : TAURUS
Year : 2003
Type (Transmission) : Automatic
This LKQ online auction is for a 3.0L OHV engine that was removed from an 03 Taurus w/ 23K miles on it. It is in good running condition.

Fits:

03 Taurus, Sable w/ 3.0L OHV Vulcan engine, w/ VIN "U"

Thanks,

SpdySVT
Posted By: bradSVT Re: how bout this 3.0 ??? - 04/05/06 06:12 AM
Check the sticky's in the 3L section.

You need a 3.0L "Vin S"
Posted By: SpdySVT Re: how bout this 3.0 ??? - 04/05/06 06:24 AM
sweet info just finding my way to being up with the fellow 3.0 guys and "Gals" so a "VIN S" from a 01+ thanks ....
Posted By: bradSVT Re: how bout this 3.0 ??? - 04/05/06 06:28 AM
no problem. Just search through www.car-parts.com and you should find plenty of engines around. I had a post recently about LQK and how they ship so you should read it to figure out how far out you can get an engine. I would go for a lower mileage engine for around 500.
Posted By: SpdySVT Re: how bout this 3.0 ??? - 04/05/06 06:33 AM
Escape '01-04 3.0L (VIN 1)

Hollander Interchange # : 300-9040a

Stock # : 141461

Mileage: 54k

ok kick my ass but what bout an escape 3.0 vin 1 ???????????
Posted By: SpdySVT Re: how bout this 3.0 ??? - 04/05/06 06:56 AM
Originally posted by bradSVT:
no problem. Just search through www.car-parts.com and you should find plenty of engines around. I had a post recently about LQK and how they ship so you should read it to figure out how far out you can get an engine. I would go for a lower mileage engine for around 500.

found this at the lkq .. this should work right !!!! im getting tired of workin you guys .. thanks .....

SpdySVT

STOCK #9059C 2003 Ford Taurus Mercury Sable 3.0L DOHC Engine
Accessories : Oil Pan
Engine Size : 3.0L
Mileage : 32K
Options : Non-Tubro/SuperCharged
Body Type : 4 Door Car
Make : Ford
Model : TAURUS
Year : 2003
Type (Transmission) : Automatic
online auction is for a 2003 Ford Taurus 3.0L 6 Cylinder Engine with 32K miles on it!(See Pictures). This engine retails for a lot of money at the dealership. This is your chance to get it for a lot less. This engine was started up and completely checked out prior to removal and the compression is 170-175. This is in good condition and ready to install. This is a perfect replacement for your blown or worn-out engine.

This will fit the following applications:

2003 Mercury Sable 6-183 (3.0L), DOHC (VIN S, Duratec)
2003 Ford Taurus 6-183 (3.0L), DOHC (VIN S, Duratec)

This may fit other applications also, contact your local dealer for interchange information. Thanks for looking and please see our Online Store.

Posted By: bradSVT Re: how bout this 3.0 ??? - 04/05/06 07:22 AM
That motor will work fine but it has alot of mileage
Posted By: SpdySVT Re: how bout this 3.0 ??? - 04/05/06 07:35 AM
sweet well i actually wonna fix the car ride it for bout 6 months and sell it .. cuz i owe $$$ on it still im thinking bout getting an ST24 Mondeo from my Cousin From Europe he says it can be converted for 2 or 3 K .... hopefully if not i'll keep the SVT im a family guy and i don't rod it to much so the miles are ok .. just 32 K ... if i get it what will i need for the swap ???? remember my handle says Newbie ...

Thanks ..

SpdySVT

+700.00 budget
-375.00 3.0L eng shipped
????
????
????
hope it's not more than 700.00
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: how bout this 3.0 ??? - 04/05/06 10:41 AM
newbie or not, read the effin stickies.
Posted By: SpdySVT Re: how bout this 3.0 ??? - 04/06/06 01:24 PM
ok i've read the stickies and all the archives ... and i just wonna drop this 2003 Mercury Sable 6-183 (3.0L), DOHC (VIN S, Duratec) motor in my CSVT .. just drop in like a stock replacement ... so my CSVT runs again .. i'll pull it and mod it later due to new baby Son and budget .... is that possable .. so i mod the bell housing on the tranny to mate the two together .. is there anything else i need to do just to drop in the 3.0 stock engine... thanks

SpdySVT
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: how bout this 3.0 ??? - 04/06/06 02:14 PM
Originally posted by SpdySVT:
ok i've read the stickies and all the archives ... and i just wonna drop this 2003 Mercury Sable 6-183 (3.0L), DOHC (VIN S, Duratec) motor in my CSVT .. just drop in like a stock replacement ... so my CSVT runs again .. i'll pull it and mod it later due to new baby Son and budget .... is that possable .. so i mod the bell housing on the tranny to mate the two together .. is there anything else i need to do just to drop in the 3.0 stock engine... thanks

SpdySVT

WTF did you read!? Mod the bell housing!? WTF!
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: how bout this 3.0 ??? - 04/06/06 02:15 PM
Compare this:

To this:

And you can easily see that this must go:

I have images of the actual view showing what needed to be removed from where on the block, but I haven't uploaded them yet. On the 2003 block, you will have to remove an "ear" off the head and one off the block on the "other" side from where these pictures where taken ... it must be done to allow the alternator bracket to fit. A hacksaw + die grinder/angle grinder/sander + 20 minutes = all done

BTW, nothing is done to the bellhousing
Posted By: SpdySVT Re: how bout this 3.0 ??? - 04/06/06 02:32 PM
thanks bro i can say thats been more help than all the confusing B/S i have read in the stickies .. so i'll hook those "ears" up and my last question is it will drop in and the 03 engine will mount right up to the SVT Tranny and im good to go ?????? send me those pics if you get a chance ..

SpdySVT

Pintopat84@aol.com

first car was a pinto lol ..
Posted By: bradSVT Re: how bout this 3.0 ??? - 04/06/06 05:30 PM
There is a bushing in the end of the 3.0L crank that needs to be trimmed flush with the end of the crankshaft. You can use a hacksaw.

I heard you are supposed to put in a new rear main seal?
I don�t know if that�s true or not, I just know about the flush part then your tranny will go back together since the Sable engine will come from an ATX.

You also should consider investing in a new Limited Slip Differential. Torsen or Quaife. You would most likely break your stock LSD if you didn�t swap for one of those new ones.

Maybe someone could explain the new seal question because I don�t know about that.

fastcougar when are you going to get those pictures up? Need a host? Or just haven�t gotten to it yet?

Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: how bout this 3.0 ??? - 04/06/06 05:34 PM
[nazi]why o' why did I spend hours researching how to put together my 3.0L when I could have just asked every question thats already been answered numerous times? [/nazi]
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: how bout this 3.0 ??? - 04/06/06 07:12 PM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
[nazi]why o' why did I spend hours researching how to put together my 3.0L when I could have just asked every question thats already been answered numerous times? [/nazi]

Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: how bout this 3.0 ??? - 04/06/06 07:17 PM
Originally posted by bradSVT:
fastcougar when are you going to get those pictures up? Need a host? Or just haven�t gotten to it yet?

Need a host ... that's a good one

I'm too damn busy with a 3 year old, wife, driveway with 2 cars with no bumpers & engines to be concerned with how quickly I can post up my images. I only post images that partain to my threads ... I am been meaning to take a few hours one weekend and go through my images and post up a detailed breakdown on what to and NOT to do on 3L builds. Between running NECO for the last 7 years and being a CEG member for the past 6 AND doing these engines for my cars AND helping DanG on numerous builds (GTOPete's for example) AND having read all the FAQ's, I think I could probably put together a single "answer all" post on the 3L subject

^ long ass sentence ^
Posted By: bradSVT Re: how bout this 3.0 ??? - 04/06/06 07:22 PM
Sorry I didn't mean for it to seem like it was a rush. Just wanted to help out. Goodluck with everything thats going on for you.
Posted By: SpdySVT Re: how bout this 3.0 ??? - 04/07/06 03:47 AM
thanks about the info .. that new post by todd helped a lot in putting the right parts in but it's putting the words into action i might lack.. i hope anyone with pics will post them along with a description of what there doing ... i was in the U.S. Navy and worked on F-18 Super Hornets hopefully i can get this 2.5 to 3.0 swap right .... thanks again for all the support and help...

SpdySVT
© CEG Archives