Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 5speed3.0SE�® MY new fuel rail............... - 03/03/06 09:15 PM
well after having my fuel rail brazed and re-rebrazed and unbrazed and welded, i decided it was time to start all over from scratch. with the help of dale (svttour98.5) and dart performance, we came up with a slightly new design for a modified fuel rail for my oval port 3L. as you can see from the pics below we managed to get a couple 90 degree bends and route the return line right in front of the intake manifold...

clearance on the motor mount side is absoultely perfect. we had to bend the return line down a little by the intake tube to make it just right also. the only other thing that needs to be done is to make a bracket from one of the intake bolts to the rail in front in order to give it more support. the joints were put together with silver solder and is holding up very well so far. hopefully this will be the end of my fuel rail headache that i've had ever since i've had the 3L (well both of them for that matter) in the car.

oh, and heres a pic of the SE needing a wash very badly

Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: MY new fuel rail............... - 03/03/06 09:19 PM
Looks very good! What is goin on tonight!?
Posted By: Steeda. Re: MY new fuel rail............... - 03/03/06 10:04 PM
Good Stuff!!!!!

Posted By: weargle Re: MY new fuel rail............... - 03/04/06 12:40 AM
Way to think outside of the box!
Posted By: Blackcoog_dup1 Re: MY new fuel rail............... - 03/04/06 04:55 PM
Looks like the rails I build

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/300644/5

very nice, i guess great minds think alike. and there i was thinking mine was a one-off...
Posted By: Bronco_WRX Re: MY new fuel rail............... - 03/05/06 05:32 PM
Fashion Bug
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: MY new fuel rail............... - 03/05/06 06:04 PM
why didn't you just run the line from under the uim?
Posted By: Blackcoog_dup1 Re: MY new fuel rail............... - 03/06/06 12:43 AM
Doesn't matter where you run it as long as it works. This just works for me.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: MY new fuel rail............... - 03/10/06 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Blackcoog:

Awesome idea guys....
But why not run it under the intake manifold?
Looks like it might get in the way of the manifold removal process....
Posted By: RodneyBur Re: MY new fuel rail............... - 03/10/06 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Bk4293L:
Originally posted by Blackcoog:

Awesome idea guys....
But why not run it under the intake manifold?
Looks like it might get in the way of the manifold removal process....

It seems it went on ok unless they welded the line while it was still mounted on the car which would be a VERY VERY bad idea for more than one reason.

It looks like the UIM would be lifted from the opposite side and just slide right out of its cozy position.
© CEG Archives