Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: onosway BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW-2 - 10/04/02 02:59 AM
KDW2's

Are these tires good? I really like my BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50/16 on my stock wheels. Since i'm thinking of upgrading my wheels I want to go with these tires (I really like the tread pattern too).

Anybody for or against? Thanks again.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW-2 - 10/04/02 06:00 AM
They may say KDW, but with that tread style their wet weather handling will suffer. I also expect them to wear a little quicker then the stock KDW's.

Like stated dry weather handling should be outstanding.

For reference - the normal KDW's have a new tread pattern that is definitely more aggresive and should provide both better dry & wet weather handling then before.
Still probably give their typical tread life though (300 rating my butt )
Posted By: onosway Re: BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW-2 - 10/05/02 03:17 PM
Hey thanks for the replay, just to make sure.. are these the tires you are refering too?

new KDW?

Oh, and excuse my ignorace, but why are the normal KD's ($250ish) more expensive than the KDW's ($170ish)? Is there a lack of noticable performance with the KDWs?
Posted By: PXRacing Re: BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW-2 - 10/05/02 07:39 PM
Out of the Horses mouth they claim this tread pattern with relation to F1 Technology, will be a much better rain tire, though even I would have thought other wise with it's seemingly fancy cutout. Tire Rack has already done wet test and the KDW2 has been the fastest ultra-high performance tire tested in it's size range, wet and dry. They don't have the tire in a 215/45-17 which is what I was looking for so I ended up going with the B Pole Pos. 3's. Fairly good tire so far, but the damn tire just majorly follows the road grooves.
Posted By: pancho1181 Re: BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW-2 - 10/09/02 04:12 AM
If you're gonna spend that kind of cash you better off spend it on some GoodYear Eagle F1's or Dunlop SP-9000's. Trust me you will notice the difference against BF Goodrich. Other to consider: Yokohama AVS Sport.

Better investment and better wear than any BF Goodrich anyday.
© CEG Archives