Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: JonGordo8 Tirerack experience - 09/20/02 08:18 PM
I just ordered a set of Yokahama AVid Touring tires from tirerack.com (factory 205 60 15). They are awesome. It is only going to take 2 days to get there, plus I had it shipped directly to the place I am having it installed. And the place I am having it installed (found off their website) is only charging me 50 bucks for installation and disposal fees. Tirerack is almost 100 dollars cheaper than going to a local joint and getting from them.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had such a good experience with them?

Posted By: APT_dup1 Re: Tirerack experience - 09/21/02 01:37 AM
I purchased 4 sets of tires from Tirerack and been happy each time. I will be odering another set in the next month and one more set next Spring.
Posted By: Mod-deth Re: Tirerack experience - 09/21/02 01:43 AM
2 sets from tire rack...they are the best! 2 day delivery here as well.

ps..you'll like the Avids...can you say quiet? Well, now you can, and hear yourself too!
Posted By: PA 3L SVT_dup1 Re: Tirerack experience - 09/21/02 05:02 PM
Suckas! I pay UPS ground rates for overnight shipping from the Newark, DE warehouse!
Posted By: JonGordo8 Re: Tirerack experience - 09/22/02 01:00 AM
Fedex 2 day was cheaper than UPS ground
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: Tirerack experience - 09/23/02 06:41 PM
I order tires from them about every other month, and they have always been great, and have had the best deals around, not to mention the free heat cycling that almost nobody else offers
Posted By: Luke@tirerack_dup1 Re: Tirerack experience - 09/23/02 09:24 PM
Thanks, for allowing us to impress you with our normal business practices and attention to detail
Posted By: JonGordo8 Re: Tirerack experience - 09/24/02 05:55 AM
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:
I order tires from them about every other month, and they have always been great, and have had the best deals around, not to mention the free heat cycling that almost nobody else offers

What is heat cycling?
Posted By: JonGordo8 Re: Tirerack experience - 09/24/02 05:57 AM
Tirerack is awesome....It would be even greater if they gave CEG's a discount Hint hint luke. We certainly give you guys a lot of business I assume.

Posted By: Luke@tirerack_dup1 Re: Tirerack experience - 09/24/02 02:11 PM
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:
What is heat cycling?

Race tire prep
Posted By: Pollo_loco69_dup1 Re: Tirerack experience - 09/24/02 03:14 PM
Originally posted by JonGordo8:
I was just wondering if anyone else has had such a good experience with them?

My Dad bought new rims and tires from Tirerack because of all the recommendations for them that he saw on CEG. Needless to say he was very pleased with their service and the quality of the rims and tires.
Posted By: Cueball Re: Tirerack experience - 09/24/02 03:20 PM
They are great until you need warranty coverage. I have at least one BFG KDWS that is out of round and they just send you off to a local dealer. I suppose that is all they can do, but it is disheartening. /rant on/ I think BFG needs better quality control. /rant off/
Posted By: venom50svt Re: Tirerack experience - 09/24/02 03:41 PM
I WOULD LIKE TO ADD TO THE GREAT COMMENTS FOR THE TIRE RACK. ERIC @TIRERACK HASE BEEN VERY HELPFUL IN MY QUEST FOR THE RIGHT TIRE FOR THE RIGHT PRICE
THANKS PEOPLE FOR YOUR HELP FOR ALL OF US

2000SVT(T-RED)
NO MODS (TO NEW)
I SPEND IT ON MY 5.0 STANG
AND COSWORTH VEGA
Posted By: Kristuphir_dup1 Re: Tirerack experience - 09/25/02 01:33 AM
I just bought some Firestones from them. Their plain ol' everyday price, combined with finding a good deal on an alignment, saved me $200 versus buying from a local dealer here in Richmond - shipping included. One dealer told me, "We'll match anybody's price except Tirerack." The CEG contact there was on vacation, but someone called me out of the blue and made sure I really wanted the size I ordered (225/50zr16 for stock E1 rims), concerned about the fit, where I don't think I ever would have heard from anyone else. The tires got here in 2 days for less than $30 shipping...gotta love that.
Posted By: DeepDishSVT_dup1 Re: Tirerack experience - 09/25/02 05:04 PM
I have had great experiences with Tire rack. My wheels and tires arrived in perfect condition. The representative that assisted me on the phone was very helpful and friendly. I highly reccomend Tirerack.com. I only wish that they offered the Enkei RS5's in a 17" wheel.
Posted By: evilsvt Re: Tirerack experience - 09/25/02 10:02 PM
you guys should check out www.whalentire.com . i'm not dissin on tirerack or anything but they do have better prices on tires...
Posted By: redflor Re: Tirerack experience - 10/02/02 09:13 PM
Spent a long time over on Tirerack's site. Finally decided to take the plunge. Bought the same tires you did, as they seemed to fit my driving style/budget. Hope it all turns out well. Having them drop shipped to an installer. BTW, mentioned "Luke" in making the order online as well. Thanks for this thread and the info. I'm looking forward to some new tires.

Posted By: JonGordo8 Re: Tirerack experience - 10/03/02 01:44 AM
redflor I love my tires. They are awesome! Man what a difference in ride quality, and sound especially. They are so much quieter than my OEM goodyears. Enjoy Only problem I had was with the installer, he did 3 wheels fine, but the edge around one of my rims he chopped up pretty good...I think they use a cutting tool to get the old tire off or something and that did it. I am pissed about that. But the tires are awesome
Posted By: redflor Re: Tirerack experience - 10/21/02 03:42 AM
Count me happy. Got my new Yokohamas on my car 97 Mystique, stock ztech, last week and am really happy. Didn't get to do a whole lot of driving till this week. From what I see so far I don't notice them being a whole lot more quiet than the old ones, but they feel a whole lot better than my old Goodyears, which were pretty well worn. Tirerack was as advertised. I even mentioned Luke for good measure. Installation went smoothly. Somehow I feel a lot better with my selection and service using Tirerack than I would have going to a Sears/Mavis/Firestone, etc. dealer. Thanks to everyone for the recommendations.

© CEG Archives